MLP: Mares of Tomorrrow (OOC/Recruitment)

152302%2B-%2Bartist%2BLionheartcartoon%2Bdirigebel%2Bfluttershy%2Brainbow_dash%2Bsteampunk%2BZeppelin.jpg

"...These mares have their minds set to changing not just Equestria, but all of the world. They have all the materials needed to make their dreams come true..."

Welcome to the OOC thread for the upcoming rp; MLP: Mares of Tomorrow!

• 4 weeks later...

Last I checked this was a work in progress setting/thread idea. There was a post a little while ago about it on Xan's blog, though as far as I know there hasn't been anything about it since. I've been assuming that there's nothing here because it's still too incomplete, and more will be posted once it's ready.

I can at least give a 'what's what' for right now. If it grabs more attention, I'll give more details and start the role play. Tell your friends!

This is the original premise for the story. Blog Entry

But to further up on that and make it so that everyone understands my idea:

Twilight and Spike have accidently found another dimension, but unlike the last one that was found and came to be full of humans, this one was their world. It was them and their friends, and everyone else they knew or didn't know. Everything seemed the same, except for one thing; unlike their world that was filled with magic and friendship, this world seemed filled with machines and crazy designs. Just as Twilight was about to close up the image, poor confused and shocked Spike fell through the image, teleporting him into that world and instantly knocking him out when he did. When he awoke, Applejack is standing next to him, checking to see if he was alright. She looked the same, but different at the same time. This is where the story begins.

Once I get the time to do so and more people interested, I'll get the rp going.

Well, I'm curious about it, but as described I don't quite have a feel for it yet. I'm not sure what the central conflict or focus of it is.

So I'll keep an eye on it, but I won't commit to anything just yet.

((Think I finally got a good issue to go along with this rp. Here we go.))

So before Twilight and Spike found this alternate dimension, the mares, Spike, Princesses, and some of the important ponies in Ponyville came together. They had decided since they're new inventions have been working so well; telephones, machines for comfortable living, and other gadgets. They were now looking for something revolutionary, something that would bring Equestria together even closer. Applejack spoke up about something that ran on a motor and would take any pony quickly to the destination by ground, not just trains, but something personal for every pony. Rainbow Dash then threw in her two cents into the matter and mentioned about flight. Forget the ground, why don't we take this to the sky she thought. The Princesses looked at each other with interest to the idea. Twilight then spoke, asking how that was going to be possible. That was when Celestia teleported everyone to the castle, but not just any part of it. Come to find out, the Princesses had incorporated a facility deep within the mountain, creating and testing new devices. As everyone looked around, Spike seemed to most observant of everything around him, as if taking mental notes.

At once, the group was taking to a secluded room all the way in the back of the facility. Celestia opened the door and revealed a strange looking crystal. The Crystal of Numbus, or the Crystal of Winds as most called it. It was a crystal that gave out energy in the form of strong air currents. Celestia informed the group that they would be able to split this crystal into many different smaller crystals, each one able to power a massive ship. After a little talk, both Applejack and Rainbow Dash, as well as everyone else agreed that this would be the best plan to move them forward with the times. As every pony was ready to leave the facility, Twilight had noticed that Spike had gone missing. In reality, the Spike that was with them from the beginning was a changeling, working for Queen Chrysalis and stealing as much information in it's mind as it could.

Weeks had passed still with no sign of Spike or where he had gone. The mane six had not given up on searching for him, but they had to focus on building the airships at the same time. Twilight began to feel a cold spot in her heart, bad feelings and thoughts filling her head. She didn't know where her dragon friend had gone, or if he was alright. Anxiety and worry filled her body as she became more lost in her thoughts, becoming quiet an distant from her other friends, fearing that she would never see Spike again. Off in the distance, within the Everfree Forest, smoke began to rise for no explained reason. Any attempts to contact Chrysalis or anyone else within to see what was going on was met with silence. Concern now arose, even within Celestia and Luna.

It was then that the portal was opened between the two dimensions, allowing Spike and Twilight of the magic filled Equestira to look through and see all that was built by their counterparts; and was also when Spike fell in just before the portal closed.

I'll make the actual rp forum tomorrow when I have the time. The story may expand a little more in the actual opening.

• 5 weeks later...

RP status: Active

Recruiting still: Yes

If you still wish to join, then tell me which character you want if they're still open. If you wish to add a OC, then tell me the name and I'll add him/her.

Yes, please express what confuses you so that I may clarify; because you're probably not the only one who doesn't get it.

As for Sky, yes, you may use him.

Unicorn Twilight

and RD is already taken by my little bro, DerpyHoovesFan, so you can play as Sky, but you can also pick another character as well if you wish. (Since I'm playing like 5 characters. XD )

Archived