Dragon Age: Pony Origins (Private)

Cainiam

The stallion let out a sigh at the relief from the pain in his face, he'd have the scars on his face for the rest of his life, but at least the wounds were healed. He lowered his eyes at her question, "No I didn't guard the king himself, I was a front line officer, I lead the first troops to hit the darkspawn." He followed her as they walked back towards the inn, it wouldn't be long before the taint overtook this small town, it was a shame really, there were families here. "So who's this other warden you mentioned?"

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Broken sighed, she wasnt one for really talking behind others backs. "The other Grey Warden is named Grym. She is a tough mare who can be outright brutal to others...She had alot taken from her at the battle of Ostagar just like the rest of us. She doesnt have to much respect for those who dont swing a melee weapon and carve Darkspawn skulls with efficiancy. She finds that a whimpering mare is more of A Nuissence than help." She said softly and shook her head. "She doesnt know how many times i sealed her carved legs or Mended her broken bones in mid Battle." She squeaked.

"I sometimes wonder if i am even worthy to work with her...." She admitted as she grabbed the inn door and let him in. Her face still driped blood from the cuts she had recived earlier. She kept her gaze away from any and all who peered at her and let her mane cover one of her eyes once more.

Tune clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth as he found the mare more interested in his companion then himself. But his smile quickly returned, he wasn’t one to look a gift horse in the mouth. If she was happy with the way Gossan handled himself, then it wasn’t Tune’s job to try and bring attention to the fact that he himself was not as… aggressive as the diamond dog. So, instead he brought his hoof back down to the ground and nodded back at the mare, backpedaling away so she could better look at the ax wielding canine, and so that the mare’s attention wouldn’t be pulled to him. The tavern was quickly turning into a huge mass of chaos with all the fighting and yelling, and it was getting quite hard for him to think, and as it was his strong suit, the pegasus was feeling quite run-down… especially with the sudden addition of petty arguments. Now, Tune had no place to say that the way one spoke to another was not important, heck, it was probably one of the more important aspects of conversation, but there were certain times one should know when to drop the whole proper act… and the mare who approached the group and proceeded to aggravate the mare who looked as if swiping off all of their heads would be little more than a fleeting pleasure was not one who needed to be reminded of her manners.

It would probably be wise for him to keep quiet and not draw attention to himself, but Gossan’s acknowledgment of the mare’s question made him raise an eyebrow, before clearing his throat lightly. “I suppose what would be a more appropriate response would be something along the lines of; ‘Why do you ask, Miss?” He offered her. Out of habit, he lifted his hat slightly off his head as a gesture of humility. The mare was obviously of noble birth, or at least came from wealth, and a Bard would quickly learn in his line of work, making enemies with nobles was a quick way to find oneself tossed in a ditch on the side of the road.

Clover's eyes switched from pony to pony as each spoke. First to the strong unicorn mare who she most definitely did not have a crush on, she mentally told herself, then to the stallion she'd nearly shot as he sat down, no longer wanting to cause trouble. After that, her gaze shifted to the cute young unicorn mare, then back to her cru-the strong unicorn, back to the young mare, then finally to a stallion who spoke up from near the bar.

She sighed and closed her eyes, then let her bow drop to aim down at the ground as she willed her magical arrow into nothingness. Opening her eyes, she sighed again at the sight of her pitiful belongings upon the floor, and began the task of replacing them, along with her bow, into the bed sheet. it really wasn't much, for she hadn't had the time nor ability nor belongings to secret away very much before she enacted her escape plan. She had three books, each one about a daring adventurer or rouge, a water skin, her bow, and that was it, unless you counted the lyrium infused earring she wore in her left ear, though that less of a belonging and more of a brand given to her by the circle.

She sniffled slightly as she placed her belongings into the bed sheet and rolled it up, cinching it with the belts before replacing it upon her back. Her face went red as she realized that she was still somewhat in the center of attention, so she slowly made her way to stand beside the big, strong, attractive, sexy....stop it brain! She mentally slapped herself and blushed brighter, bowing her head and nervously trotting to stand to the side and slightly behind the unicorn mare, her eyes darting about under her hood nervously.

Looking between the three ponies and the diamond dog, Grym knew what she had to do. Completely ignoring the insufferable mare in front of her, she turned her attention to Gossan. "My fellow warden and I will be waiting for you near the road out of town. Handle her However you want, but she's not responsibility," Grym said flatly, brushing past the mare in front of her.

Right as she got to the double doors they swung open, revealing the mare she was looking for along with some stallion. Gyrm was less in the mood for games than usual. She'd have to sort out who this guy was later. However, it showed her that Sky had a few tricks up her sleeve that she hadn't considered. Hopefully, the mage was charismatic and resourceful because Grym had a feeling that smooth talking would be a useful skill late, and it was difficult for her to be "delicate". "Sky, who"-- she asked coldly, pointing at the stallion. --"is that?"

Cold swooped her up and pushed Broken Sky in front of him as they moved through the door to the inn, "Ladies first." He winked and gave the mare a smile. There was a group that everyone else in the building was obviously keeping their distance from, perhaps the most interesting was the diamond dog, not that he wasn't used to seeing them, his father had done business with many of the dogs, they used to frighten him as a colt, but now he just thought them a bit odd. He and Sky were approached by another mare...and my what a mare she was, sweet maker she looked like she could toss him over a small house, wonderful muscle tone, powerful stride, and here she came straight towards them. She quite plainly asked who he was, he gave her a polite nod and a smile before he spoke, "Ah you must be the previously mentioned Grym then? Well my lady, my name is Ser Cold Iron, officer in his majesty King Shining Armor's royal army. Your compatriot tells me you will be traveling soon, and I'm willing to go with you, I've my own appointments to keep you see, such as one with a certain teyrn..." He growled a bit at that last part, "So I don't suppose you've any room left for me? This charming mare has already convinced me to come with her, she's been flirting like mad!" He let out a loud laugh at his own joke.

Broken's face grew warm as she was ushered in by the kind stallion. "Th..thank you." She said softly before turning her gaze to....Grym...

Her mood instantly plummeted and she flattened her ears against her skull as Grym asked who it was she brought along with her. "I knew it was a bad idea! I knew it was a bad idea! I knew i knew i knew!" her mind squeaked as her mouth tried to form a carefull response to her.

Before she could however, Cold had introduced himself in one of the most valiant ways she could ever think somepony could muster out! His words danced as though paint on a canvas, It was a plain reply but the way he said it had caused her cheeks to grow hotter and hotter. She lowered her gaze and gave a little squeak at his last part. "Flirting!?" Her mind squealed.

Her eyes darted back up and down to the floor and Grym. "H...h.he is a...fighter....A..and i just thought...that he was nice....And Well um....W..we do need h..help r..right Grym?" She stammered quietly Her eyes darted away from her gaze. "P..please dont be mad...." She Squeaked in a very...very quiet tone. A few more drops of blood game from her cuts on her face and dribbled down her cheeks and onto the floor.

Clover began to move along with the strong mare, and she gave the young unicorn an awkward smile in greeting as she passed her, then turned her attention towards the door as she heard it open. She flinched back slightly at the exuberance of the stallion in armor as he introduced himself, then her ears went down as she saw the mare from before she'd tried to help.

She seemed slightly injured, but she also seemed quite flustered for some reason as a blush was evident upon her face. Clover waited until she'd stopped talking, then stepped around the muscular unicorn, who's name she's finally caught as Grym, and stepped up to the small mare and reached out a hoof to touch her face tentatively. " Umm, are you alright miss? I tried to help you earlier before when you were being accosted by that nasty stallion. I can ahh, heal your wounds for you...though we'd need to go someplace private, away from prying eyes. " That sounded suitably rougish she though. Rouges always did their business in the shadows. She smiled happily to herself, then realized maybe that she should actually be smiling at the injured mare, her expression going to one of puzzlement for a moment as she tried to think of a proper smile to give her, eventually settling on a one sided grin, feeling that was also appropriately rougish.

"Very well then, you're free to join us." The decision to all allow him to accompany the wardens was easy. He was a fighter, plus he seemed to have hatred of the teyrn in his heart, meaning he likely also had knowledge of the betrayal that could be used as evidence. Other than that the stallion had no qualities that she found redeemable. He was loud and flamboyant; touchy and excitable; and much too chatty and sly of tongue for her tastes. How he subtly eyed her body didn't do him any favors either. The way he had Sky stumbling over her words was more than enough proof of this. She wanted to snort in his face, but she managed to hide her irritation.

She nodded her acknowledgements and trotted over to Sky and Clover. "We have a little time before we head out. Do what you can to fix that," she said sternly, letting her hoof fall to the floor. "I'll be waiting at the road."

He nodded at Grym, it was good that he would be leaving this town soon, he despised being this close to Ostagar. As soon as they'd finished talking, another strange mare walked up to them and started poking Broken Sky in the face, he stepped between the two of them, "Sky is this..." He looked her up and down, "Roguish individual accosting you?" He gave the mare in front of him a soul piercing stare, before noticing something odd about how her hood was laying. "Wait a tic...is that a...horn?"

Clover's attention was drawn away from the smaller unicorn by the stallion in armor. She frowned at his presumption of her intentions and was about to respond when he spoke of her horn. She bit her lower lip and shuffled her hooves as she tried to think up something to say to answer his question. " Uhh...y-yes, but it umm...doesn't work anymore! " She said the last part quickly, then smiled and chuckled nervously.

Broken gave a little squeak as Grym left them. She sighed and lowered her gaze. She would never impress her, no matter how hard she tried.

She came back to reality as A hoof Booped her face and caused her to squeal in shock as the cuts burned on contact. Giving a cute sneeze she shook her face and Stuck her tounge out as she cleared her mind. Her eyes blinked softly to The Mare who Grym seemed to talk to earlier. Her cheeks glew hot as per usual when She asked for privacy to heal her cuts on her face. "I....ah...Um..." She mumbled diverting her eyes around the inn. She giggled a bit and rubbed the back of her neck.

Cold Asked her if the rouge was bothering her. She gave a warm blink once more and Shook her head softly. "N...no she isnt...." She said softly and looked at her as she was asked about her horn. She raised an eyebrow drawing close to the mare and Lowering her head to see her Ice blue eyes under her hood. She blinked with her exposed eye and Took her hoof gently to whipe the Blood from Her hoof that she had aquired from Broken's Face.

She Leaned in and Blinked examining her eyes and tracing up to her horn. She hummed. "Doesnt work anymore?" she Said in a friendly tone. She frowned Softly and Moved in close to nearly touching Muzzles. She curved her horn forward and touched her small horn tip to hers.

She felt the telltale Tingle of Mana present in the Member. "You still have mana In the Reserve....It seems to work fine." She smiled and nuzzled her softly and Stepped back Keeping her warm smile. "You know....Ive seen you before...Your eyes tell it all....Icedrops as cold as snow.....Your from the tower. Its been so long since i saw you....You were an apprentice when i left." She Cooed flicking her ears under her hood. She Grumbled and pulled her hood down fully to show her Mane and face fully. "Its nice to see you!" she chirped.

Clover's breath caught in her throat and she heard her heat hammering in her ears as the mare came closer and closer to her. her eyes shrank to pinpricks as the nearly toughed muzzles. Is she going to kiss me? Am I going to have my first kiss? What do I do! Why would she even do that? What's- But her train of though was cut short as she realized the mare was only testing to see if she could still cast magic.

And then she had to go and nuzzle her.

She was blushing before, but now it felt like her coat must be the same color as an apple! Clover stammered and stuttered to find words to explain her situation. ' O-oh, uhh...you umm, ya don't say! heh...heheh...uhh...w-well, It's ahh, good to see you too, I guess? I think I sorta remember you...m-maybe...and uhh, I only said that my horn didn't work anymore because...umm...b-because I...I-I... "

She reached up and pulled the hood tighter around her head, her eyes nervously darting from Sky's face to the face of Cold rapidly. Finally, she let out a shuddering sigh and bowed her head and spoke in a small defeated voice. " Please...I just want to go...I just want to leave...I never meant...." She said no more, simply standing there with her head bowed.

Broken Frowned sadly as the mare lowered her head and admitted. She Blinked and Looked to Cold for a moment. She wasnt one to talk to others at all, She was one to shy away from any and all contact but she found it Easier to open up a little to those who seeme dkind and nice. Granted she had a select few.

She Looked back to Her and Used her magic to lift her chin. She locked eyes with her and Smiled warmly. "Shhh...Its alright...." She said softly in her Soft Soothing tone. She brushed the mane out of her eye to show them both to her and Blinked in a friendly way to her. Her face showing no signs of anything but Kindness. "I know how the tower is....I hated it there...." she whispered just so She and Herself could hear. She Brushed her mane out of Her eyes and revelled in her Snowdrop gaze. "listen......Im not going to Tell anypony if you Escaped the tower...I planned to do so but never got the chance as i was recruited into the grey wardens before hand. "If this is the case i hope you rid your phylactery, If not we Might have a small problem.

She booped her on the nose barely and Blinked in friendship to the fellow Mage. " As long as your with us i will not allow a Single templar to lay a Hoof on you...I promise....You dont have to go back to the tower if you dont want too." she said softly and Placed her hoof down. "One Mage to another.....The templars are meanies...." She Giggled at the last term.

"Away, huh?" Aselia clucked back at Gossan. "Interesting, I've been looking for a way out of this city." She pondered the idea of what would come next. She thought about all the problems that could arise if she went with them; possible fights, an insane amount of drama, and the slight chance that she could get killed by some bandits that she wasn't strong enough to fight. Then again, Aselia would more than likely die here if she were to stay though, and if she left on her own, it could happen even worse. She nodded her head towards the stallion. "Alright, sounds interesting, and considering the fact that this town may be going up in ashes here soon, I'll be joining you."

Cold sat by as this strange exchange took place, he came to two conclusions: firstly, both these mares were adorable. Secondly, this other mare was an apostate, and represented a danger to the public. He cleared his throat a bit, "I can't say the same for myself Sky, if she's an apostate then she represents a danger to the public, something which I cannot abide by. I'm sorry but she must either come with me to the chantry, or I must at least inform the templars."

Broken wheeled around. "What? Why? She hasnt done anything wrong!" She squeaked and stomped her hoof down. "Just because she is an Apostate doesnt mean she is a threat. What makes her any different from me? All that i did was Pass the templar's Stupid test to make them happy! She isnt any different, all mages are equal unless they devote themselves to the dark magics! Then they become a threat!" She squeaked and cleared her throat. She snorted and Flared her Nostrels. If one subject she didnt like was reporting mages to the templars.

"They would either kill her or Lock her back in the tower! She has a choice and i believe she made it!" She squeaked again.

Gossan thought his brusque manner would have put the Mare who called herself "Lady" off, but instead she took his few words with interest. She seemed to be pondering something, and her next sentence made it obvious. Of course she wanted out of Ponyville, everypony did, and the travel party that had formed for Redcliffe was looking more like a mercenary band. He could see no reason not to add another body. There would be a chance for her to prove herself, and if she died, there would be no great loss. "Fine," he said flatly, then walked right past her towards the entrance, leaving her with Lucky Tune who was more than eager to kiss up to anyone who sounded like they had an inkling of influence.

Gossan looked over the two newcomers, recognising Grymrose's shadow from previously, although she sported a new still dripping scar across her face. With her was a soldier in the armour. Gossan recognised the uniform, same as he'd seen on a lot of corpses the day after the battle of Ostagar. He was in the King's army. He noticed the stallion look him over for a second, before moving to Grym and then staying there quite firmly. He introduced himself as an officer and offered his services. Another traveller to Redcliffe. This one definitely looked like he wouldn't have a problem with bandits. Gossan watched the unicorn that had brought them all together peel away, she had the right idea. Gossan debated following her, but he had given his word to take Tune to Redcliffe. He wouldn't leave without him. He waited for the pegasus to finish dealing with the so-called "Lady".

As he waited, he noticed the archer trot over, and pull the meek mare away, where they engaged in some sort of pony ritual or something. He then noticed the horn, it seemed that archer was quite interesting indeed to choose the path of an archer rather than that of a mage. Gossan had never seen a unicorn that shunned spells for a real weapon. Even if it was just a bow, it still showed a dedication that instantly boosted her status in his mind. The soldier however also noticed his horn and rounded on the mare. Gossan narrowed his eyes at the pony's words. He knew little of the Circle or Templars, but the way the other mare reacted it was clearly going to be an issue. The archer had proven herself, the soldier had not. There was a need to interfere. The dog stepped forwards and in between the soldier and the archer. "The Archer stays," he said plainly.

Cold was a bit taken aback by Sky's reaction, "My job is to protect the people if this country from danger, it doesn't matter if I'm on or off the field...however, you are a warden, so I shall abide." He was about to turn and walk out when the dog stepped between him and told him the apostate would be staying, stating it as a fact. He lifted an eyebrow, "Indeed it has been resolved, however, if you presume to tell me what will and will not be done ever again, I'll be sporting a fashionable new coat made out of you, good day sir." He pushed the dog ever so slightly out of the way and walked out the door of the inn.

Broken lowered her ears at her brashness to cold and Lowered her head. She stood with her back facing clover and whimpered. Closing her eyes she sighed. The dog had spoken to cold as well which made her feel worse for how she jumped on his case. "Great job Broken....." She mumbled and pushed past the dog without so much as a word and left the inn as well.

Clover looked at Sky with tears brimming in her eyes at the mares kind words. She opened her mouth to give thanks, when Cold spoke up, saying she must go back of her would inform the templars.

Knowing that they wouldn't let her back after they put two and two together, they would just simply kill her, she was about to draw her bow, force a confrontation and get herself killed by ponies who at least seemed decent instead of glorified jailers, but she had barely lit up her horn with a telekinesis spell to retrieve her bow when Sky rounded on the soldier and told him off. Clover was taken aback, for no one had ever come to her defense before, at least not since she was young, and then those friends left when they discovered her gender issue.

After Sky spoke up, it seemed as though Cold was convinced, but to her surprise a large and intimidating diamond dog spoke up for her too! All these ponies she'd barely ever met were sticking up for her, and she'd done practically nothing! It brought more tears to her eyes.

She watched as Sky turned and began to trot off, so Clover quickly caught up to her and reached out tentatively, tapping Sky on the shoulder, waiting for her to turn around and then spoke. " I...thank you Sky. I wouldn't have gone back, can't go back...it's either I live and die outside the tower, or they execute me one I am taken back. I did.... " She gulped then lowered her voice. ​" I did something awful by accident...they would find out, and I would be killed. You just saved my life...and I... " She paused. She really had no idea how to properly thank the mare. How did the heros in her stories usually give thanks? Her face went red gain at the thought of bedding the mare, or even at giving her a peck on the cheek, but she had no other role models, no other life experiences outside of the tower other than the minimal interactions she had with other mages.

" Umm...." She bit her lip and shuffled her hooves, not knowing what to do, before quickly darting forward to plant a small kiss upon Sky's cheek. However, since she'd closed her eyes, she missed, kissing the mare on the nose instead. Pulling away and blushing bright red, she smiled awkwardly at Sky and stammered out a thanks again, then stood silently, not sure what to say or how to continue the terrible attempt at social interaction. She hoped she hadn't done anything wrong, but she really didn't know what she was doing, let alone what to do next.

Broken looked at Clover as she thanked her for saving her. The sunlight shone down and warmed them slightly as she stood there watching her assemble a thank you. Then what happened next wasnt predicted. She leaned in and kissed her! On her nose! She felt her white coat flare red for a few moments and she squeaked in surprise as she withdrew. She blinked a couple times fumbling over words to respond.

"I um...Ahhhh...*Squeak!* Uhhhh." She Stumbled blinking more and more. A small smile crept on her face and she leaned back in nuzzling her Warmly and Kissing her on the nose back. She retracted and Blinked warmly "Its what friends do... It was no problem at all." She Chirped in her soft tone. Her cuts on her face Bled and stung still. With a flinch she sighed. looking around she saw a few templars walking by. "Best not to try and heal my cuts..." she sighed and Looked at clover and Giving a small chirp of Friendlines and Looking to where Grym could have gone. "Guess we are all meeting nearby if you would like to come with me." She said softly.

She stopped and looked confused for a moment or two. "I havent gotten your name.....What would you like to be called?" She asked softly raising an eyebrow.

Cold stayed close by Sky as they walked, he insisted upon being near her for the time being, as he felt a need to protect her. He laughed when the new mare attempted to kiss Sky and accidentally kissed her nose, "Oh my, I take it back, you adorably awkward little thing, you're welcome around me." He continued to laugh, attracting the attention of passers-by. "Shall I demonstrate how to properly kiss a mare?" Cold gave his best charming smile as he said this, making these two blush would be quite a fun little exercise.

Gossan was surprised that the mare's words moved the stallion more than his bulk did. He must have rather weak convictions if... wait, did he just say warden? The other unicorn had neglected to part with that information. No wonder though, with the bounty on their heads. Gossan kept quiet for now, he would confront the group leader about it later. It fitted into what she said about their journey being necessary to combat the Blight. A warden's duty was to stop a blight no matter the cost. Sort of what Gossan was doing in his own one-dog against the world sort of way. In fact maybe they were going there for the exact same reason. His ruminations were abruptly stopped when the Soldier presumed to confront him about his interference. As if a surfacer could take a seasoned warrior of Orzammar in single combat. He let out a deep throaty laugh at the thought as the stallion pushed past him and moved to leave the inn in quite the huff.

It had been a brave thing for the meek one to stand up to the Soldier for the Archer as well. Maybe there was some strength there, but it was buried beneath mounds of doubt. Gossan watched her curiously as she turned and left as well, when the Archer suddenly caught her up and expressed her thanks in a much more physical way. A peck on the nose. Odd. Would a nod not have sufficed? He shook his head quietly as the two of them left as well, leaving just Tune, the Lady, and himself. Gossan walked back over to them.

The two were engaged in some kind of social ritual Gossan presumed as he strode up and put his paw on the pegasus's shoulder for a second. "Time to leave," he said brusquely. He then nodded at the Lady once more to communicate the message was for her too. He began to walk towards the door, then stopped for a second. After a few moments of silence he headed back over to the bar and grabbed a mug that some stallion had left when things had got tense. He then walked back over, sipping from it as he went. He saw the way Tune was looking at him, and said, "One for road," before heading back to the door and passing through it.

Tune inwardly made a face as he was more or less ignored once again by another person, though quickly shook it off and returned to his regular mood, the smile on his face growing wide as he stepped away from the mare, at Gossan’s insistence. Though as he moved towards the doorway, he managed a small whisper to the dog. “Aye, not much of a talking crowd here, you think? Might have to leave most of the socializing up to you, friend, as I feel I might only perturb them.” He chuckled quietly to himself, before exiting out of the inn, taking in the scene before him. A single eyebrow was raised as the shuffling of hooves and several blushes appearing on cheeks all painted a picture in his mind, but alas, he was not here to witness what happened, so he could not comment on what had happened, though considering his luck, it might have been better not to.

Archived