[Ponyville] Moving Mishaps [Ended]

Shimmer Star

It was a nice monday morning, the sun was rising, the birds were chirping, and Raindrop was in a place she thought she'd never be again.

Holding up one end of a moving carriage.

Her fathers moving business had gotten a last minute job this morning, and her father hadn't been able to resist. It was a big job too, and would result in a large amount of bits - with possible tips. The only problem: None of the employes were on duty that morning, and none were available either. And that left Raindrop.

She'd moved stuff before, of course, but she wasn't very good at it, with her Chronic Crashing Disorder and her clumsiness and her affinity for dropping things...

Rainy's unstable wings faltered for a moment, dropping her a couple feet and making the whole moving carriage tip sideways. Raindrop held her breath as a box of stuff slid to the edge of the off-balance carriage... And feel out, to hit the ground (And hopefully none of the ponies,) below.

Raindrop sighed as her father yelled her name. "Aww, darn it."

episodeone095.jpg

In town for some shopping, the unusually spry Granny Smith decided to take a short stroll around Ponyville. The lime green elderly mare slowly moved past several nice houses, remembering how the street used to look when she was a younger filly.

"They jist don't make houses like they used ta in MY day!" the gray maned mare muttered as she continued her slow journey. "Hay! Thar's somepony moving in up yonder! I wanna be neighborly, so I'll go greet'm!"

It took several minutes for the slow moving elderly pony to reach the spot, and she was just it time to see poor Raindrop mishandle a box that hit the ground.

"You alright, young lady?" she asked. "Now, what was I gonna say? Hmmmm. Oh yeah, welcome to Ponyville! I'm Granny Smith! Pleased to meetcha!

Raindrop tried to flutter to the ground gently, but ended up crash landing, tumbling head over hooves and landing right in front of Granny Smith. Raindrop shook her head, blinking away the Pegasi the fluttered around it? "Yeah, I'm F-fine." She replied to the elderly mare, pulling herself back up on her four hooves. "Happens all the time!"

She smiled, but it was more hopeful than happy. "Huh, what? Oh, I'm not moving in." She told Granny Smith after hearing the second thing the earth pony said, "I just work for this moving service, and, yeah..."

"What?" Granny Smith said as she slowly moved closer to Raindrop. "Oh, you work for a moving service? Good to see a young buckeroo like you holding down a job! Back in my day, when I was a foal, I used to make extra money by selling homemade pies door to door. Took a lot of sales till I actually MADE money, but I enjoyed the challenge."

The elderly lime green mare walked over and extended her front leg to shake. "Pleased to meetcha! I'm Granny Smith! Wait, did I say that already?"

Granny Smith looked confused, but then shook her head and refocused her concentration.

"Do you live here in Ponyville?"

Raindrop listened to Granny Smith, smiling as she patiently waited for the elderly pony to finish speaking.

The female pegasus then reached out and gently shook Granny Smith's hoof as it was offered. "I'm Raindrop!" she replied, grinning. "Nice to meet you too, Miss Smith!"

Raindrop put her brown foreleg back on the ground, folding her wings, as it looked she wouldn't using them for the moment. They had been very close to the house they had been delivering the boxes too when Raindrop had fallen near Granny Smith, and Rainy could see out of the corner of her eye that dad had already finished bringing the stuff to the house's front door.

"Yup, I live in Ponyville! Do you live here, too?"

"Where do I live? Hay, where do I live... Oh, YEAH! I live at Sweet Apple Acres, THE very best apple farm in all the land! Granny Smith shouted as she took a proud stance. "Farm's been in the family fer many generations. I was born there and my daddy was born there and... what was I talkin' about? Oh yeah. Who's moving in that thar house? Wonder if it's somepony I know."

Granny Smith smiled at Raindrop, happy that some young pony thought enough of her to hold a conversation. She liked talking to other ponies, she really had the chance to do that at Swwet Apple Acres aside from Big MacIntosh, Applejack and Applebloom. The gray maned mare looked up and saw Raindrop's dad working with some boxes.

"Do you know that pony?"

Raindrop smiled, again waiting for the elderly pony to collect her thoughts and finish her sentence. "You live on farm? Cool! Oh, and, I don't know who's moving into that house. Probably somepony higher class though. They have a lot of stuff, and there paying of more bits than usual..."

"Yeah, I know him. He's my father, and had me help him with this moving job this morning. In fact, I should probably help a bit more right now..." Rainny looked back on time for her father to give her a dissapproving glare. She quickly wiped around to look at Granny Smith again. "Never mind, I don't think he needs it!" The Pegasus mare said quickly, finishing with a nervous but wide grin.

"Oh, I see, Granny Smith said in response to Raindrop's first statement. "Reckon whoever's movin' in thar's a lot richer than you and me, right kid?"

Suddenly, the elderly mare caught the look Raindrop's father gave her along with her nervous grin.

"I didn't git ya in trouble with your dad, did I? Sure never meant to do that. I'll take care of it right here and now!"

The lime green mare lifted up her head and began yelling upward.

"HAY UP THAR! WEREN'T THE KID'S FAULT! I BUTTED IN WHILE SHE WAS WORKING HARD FOR YA! I DISRUPTED HER WORK! IF'N YA WANNA GIT MAD, GIT MAD AT ME! LEAVE THIS KIND YOUNG LADY BE!"

Granny Smith felt guilty about getting Raindrop in trouble, so she was trying to take all the blame herself, hoping to get her new young friend off the hook.

Raindrop say her dad roll her eyes at her than go back to his work. He probably didn't want her helping anyways. She'd probably drop more things.

"Oh, it's alright." Raindrop told her with a smile. "I'm sure he doesn't mind. He just shows it in different ways than most ponies, that's all."

Rainny paused, trying to think of what to say to continue the conversation. The first think that popped into her mind is that Granny Smith had mentioned apples. Mmm, apples. She must be getting hungry.

"So, what kind of apples go you have on your farm?" She ventured.

"Apples? Apples?" Granny Smith said in confusion before shaking her head back and forth. "Oh, apples on my farm! Well, I reckon we grow all kinds of apples! Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Macintosh, Yellow Delicious, Gravenstein and Red Astrachan! We pick'm and sell'm to all kinds of pony folk. I like bakin'm into pies though. I may be old, but I can still bake with the best of'm!"

Granny Smith could sense that her conversation about apples was making the younger mare hungry.

"Say Raindrop, if'n you're lunch break is here, how about we chow down together, my treat!"

ajbanner.png

"Soup's on, Granny!" Applejack laid a bowl of Granny's favorite applesauce on a table inside the farmhouse. Everyday for lunch, Applejack treated her Granny to some lunch during her afternoon break from harvesting apples in the orchard. Ever since Applejack was a little filly, Granny had always looked out for her. Applejack loved the heritage that she was raised in and with Granny being a major part of her life, taking care of her as Granny became older and more fragile was the least she could do to repay her.

Applejack leaned out the kitchen window where Granny would commonly lay out her cooling apple pies. She yelled, "Granny? You outside? Granny however, did not respond. "Granny Smith!?" Applejack shouted Granny's name as she walked around the outside of the barn at Sweet Apple Acres. But Granny was now where to be found. "Hmm...," Applejack tapped her chin as she wondered where her pale green elder went off to. "Granny's never late fer lunch. What in tarnation is taking her so long to come back from the market?" And then Applejack's innocent pondering took a worrisome turn. "Land sakes!" Applejack gasped. "What if Granny threw her hip out again?" Applejack began racing her thoughts about Granny's condition. As she fretted, she galloped towards Ponyville in search of her most respected relative. "Oh, Granny should never take these trips by herself."

After a few worried glances down the streets of Ponyville, Applejack finally saw Granny. She breathed a sigh of relief as Granny appeared to be in good health and mood. She approached the elder just as Raindrop accepted an invitation for lunch. Applejack spoke in a loving, disciplining tone, "Granny, wut arya doing out walking still? And where's yer walker?" Applejack gave a horselike snort and gave an evil eye. "Did somepony take it again?"

image.php?album_id=47&image_id=457 image.php?album_id=47&image_id=458 image.php?album_id=47&image_id=459 image.php?album_id=47&image_id=460 image.php?album_id=47&image_id=461 image.php?album_id=47&image_id=462

"Lands sakes! Applejack! What ur you doin' here in town?" Granny Smith asked her granddaughter as she listened to what she had to say, smiling. "Now Applejack, y'all know I don't need that thar walker thingie all the time. I was feelin' spry today, so I walked into town all by myself. Power surry I lost track of time, but I did make a new friend! Applejack, this is Raindrop. She helps her father in his moving business. Raindrop, this is my granddaughter Applejack. She and her brother harvest the apples on our farm back at Sweet Apple Acres! I used to help applebuck long ago, but I jist ain't got the hind leg strength fer it anymore. I was jist gonna take my friend out to lunch, wanna join us, Applejack?"

• 2 weeks later...

Raindrop shuffled her hooves slightly as the orange earth pony came walking up, talking to Granny Smith about not having a walker. Rainny hoped she hadn't made any trouble by talking to Granny. Even if she did troublesome things on a daily basis, she didn't like troubling other ponies.

"Uh, Hello Applejack!" Raindrop said cheerily as Granny Smith introduced her. Remembering her manners, she went on to finish with a bright, "Nice to meet ya'!"

ajbanner.png

Applejack rolled her eyes at Granny. Granny may have been feeling spry, but it was Applejack's assessment that her favorite elder needed more help than the older mare thought. Applejack ignored Granny's ill-confidence, however, once Granny mentioned her invitation to the pony with the light turquoise-colored hair. "Friend!?" Applejack shot next to Raindrop and squeezed her midsection with one of her front hooves. "Well, why didn't you say so!? Us ponies at Sweet Apple Acres love making new friends. I'd love to join ya'll fer lunch. We're ya'll gonna eat?"

Applejack paused for a response for approximately half a second. "Ah know! Let's have lunch o'er at Sweet Apple Acres! We have the best fixin's, like apple bread, applesauce, o' course three kinds of applesauce if ya wanna get all technical, 34 kinds o' apples from out lovely orchard, and we just finished making our latest batch of our best Sweet Apple Acre applejuice. Come on down to the farm, where a fresh picked apple and a brand new friend are in the same place." After Applejack finished spieling the farm's slogan, she stood back from Raindrop awaiting a positive response. "That is of course, if you like apples, aheh."

image.php?album_id=47&image_id=457 image.php?album_id=47&image_id=458 image.php?album_id=47&image_id=459 image.php?album_id=47&image_id=460 image.php?album_id=47&image_id=461 image.php?album_id=47&image_id=462

"Now that's a humdinger of an idea, granddaughter!" Granny Smith neighed happily. "You can even bring yur pa along if'n he wants to come! The more the merrier!"

The gray maned mare was so happy, she briefly kicked her heels up like a young foal.

"Love to show ya around the farm, Raindrop! We got apple trees as fer as the eye can see! You can even play with Wynnoa, Applejack's pet dog! She's a big help during critter roundups! We don't often git visitors out at Sweet Apple Acres, so we'd loved fer you and your pa to come. If'n ya got anyone else a-helpin' you move, bring them along too! Me and Applejack can cook enough to feed an army! Whatdoyasay?"

"Of course I like apples!" Raindrop cried with a large grin. This sounded great! A good lunch and seeing an apple farm? Count her in!

"You can even bring yur pa along if'n he wants to come! The more the merrier!"

Raindrop nodded vigorously, moving to walk towards her dad. "Good idea! I'll go ask him!" Rainny trotted over to her father and they could be seen discussing for a few long moments. Finally her father shook his head, and the pegasus mare walked back to her new companions.

"He's not coming. But I definitely am!"

• 2 weeks later...

ajbanner.png

Applejack held a pensive smirk as Granny animated and Raindrop responded. It was a little saddening to see Raindrops father refuse a free lunch. Perhaps some issues in the family business developed. Any way Applejack thought about it, it hung on her head and made her right ear twitch a little. How can somepony leave themselves out of good company like that?, she thought.

"Alrighty then, let's get-a-goin'. I bet that apple cake is almost ready to be pulled out of the oven." Applejack snorted shockingly a horse's grunt. "The oven!" It had just come to the attention of the orange pelted earth pony that the time she had taken to find Granny was a little lengthy compared to the time it took for AJ's custom apple cake recipe to turn the batter brown. Applejack gave an alarming sigh. "I reckon it's about burnt now. I need to go quickly and make sure the farmhouse ain't burning down. Raindrop, would you be a darling and walk my Granny Smith to the farm. She knows the way, don'tcha Granny?" As Applejack paused for responses, she began galloping quickly to the farm. She was convinced that the oven wasn't on long enough to burn the entire house down, but she didn't want to take any chances.

"Land sakes, Applejack! Ya better git on home befure.." Granny Smith said as her hat wearing granddaughter galloped off like a rocket. "Oh my! I better git movin' too!"

The gray maned mare tried very hard to run, but her elderly legs could do nothing more than walk a tiny bit faster.

"Reckon I can't run as fast as I used to. Too bad Applejack ran off so quick. Could've shown her the short cut I use to git to town. Faster than trottin' on the main road. C'mon Raindrop, I'll show it to ya!"

Granny Smith moved a short distance to the end of a dead end street where a grove of trees stood.

"It's jist down over this hill and then up that rise! We'll be at the barnyard before ya know it! I know these here hills like the back of my hoof! We won't beat Applejack to the house, but goin' this route she won't have to wait long for us to git there!"

The lime green pony started down the short cut path, hoping Raindrop will follow her.

hollydashcharacter.png

Holly Dash was, initially, hesitant to reenter the city of Ponyville. She kept her distance at first, worried that perhaps the infestation of Parasprite had not taken leave since she was last here to attempt to sell her fruit. It seemed clear enough--the buildings were all in tact and she didn't hear any of the familiar sound of buzzing that the insects made. She trotted into town with wide eyes-scanning the place for any sign of the bugs. Last time she had nearly lost all of the fruit in her cart. It was a peaceful day, not much about.

She picked up her pace to a more cheerful jaunt, and managed to make a couple sales as she trotted along, before catching site of an elder pony with two younger ponies--she knew one of the ponies to be Applejack--tales of the six elements of harmony had reached even the outcast peaks of Beakbreak, and when she had been here last she had seen them--but had not been able to speak to them, panicking at the bugs and leaving town without even a single sale.

She plodded towards the three ponies, and just as she neared, Applejack headed off. She resisted the urge to frown, and since she had now been noticed by the elderly pony and the one younger, she could not get off with an aversion.

They looked almost ready to follow Applejack as she arrived, "Greetings Ponyville citizens!" She said pleasantly, a friendly smile wide on her face, "Any interest in getting your hooves on the BEST fruit in Ponyville?"

Raindrop was about to follow Granny Smith, when she looked up and saw her father was having trouble with the boxes. Not Nooowww! She thought to herself, even though she knew she should probably help. "Actually Granny, I have to go." She said, bitting her lip.

"Real sorry." She said again as she flew off.

{OOC: Sorry to end this so abruptly, but I'm giving up my cast characters.}

(ooc): Not sure where to go from here with this RP thread. Is it my understanding that if the creator/starter of a RP thread pulls out of it, then that RP is over/ended?

(ooc): If not, then we who are left here need to regroup since the entire premise of this thread focused on Raindrop. Currently, all three remaining chars are separated from the others. Applejack is galloping back to Sweet Apple Acres, Granny Smith is taking a short cut through the woods while new arrival Holly Dash is setting up to sell her produce in the streets of Ponyville. River, Holly Dash, how do you two want to proceed?