Through the Eyes of the Oracle (Private)

A few months had passed after the end of the bat pony conflict and Shadow Star's replacing of Black Star as king of Vampireece, and Equestria was at last basking in peace once again. However, one major issue remained. A mysterious old bat pony, simply called "The Oracle" had made several moves that impacted the outcome of the war. He used his almost divine wisdom to guide the four immortals and their allies in their quest to dethrone Black and bring bat ponies into society. But by far the most mysterious and unexplainable thing he did was the creation of a new physical body for a redeemed, purified Nightmare Moon. The ritual he performed was his dying wish, and Nightmare's new life gave him solace.

Bloodline, younger brother of Shadow Star, had been living a relaxed and peaceful life with his marefriend Rarity in her fashion boutique in Ponyville. He still occasionally did work for Aloe and Lotus at the spa, but tends to bounce around different small jobs for money. When he isn't doing work or spending time with Rarity, he has been undertaking a new task: finding out more about the Oracle. He has spent much time in various places such as the castle of the two sisters or the Vampireece library trying to find answers to the pony who helped them with nothing to gain in return.

Applejack had been engaged to Moonlite for a few months now, and their relationship had never been stronger. Today was a beautiful day, and Applejack was out in the fields tending to her daily chores.

Blood sat in a room, reading over some of the notes he had taken from his research. He sighed and set them down. "This is hopeless. I still have no leads or ideas." Rarity entered and kissed his cheek. "Blood, darling, won't you stop worrying for a moment and relax. It's a gorgeous day today." Blood smiled and turned to her. "You're right, this research is killing me. I guess a break won't hurt."

((Hope I didn't god mod or anything. I was trying to set up an instance for us to get started.))

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[no problem :3]

Deep in the Everfree the lone mare worked hard at restoring the sister ruins, with permission from the three Princess she was given the right to own and renovate the sister ruins. She constantly had both Princess Twilight and Bloodline come by to borrow or read the books, she didn't mind, kept her some company.

Moonlite was in Ponyville, browsing the shops, she never really got out all to much with how much she helped her love on the farm.

[wait should I edit, haha was gonna have her live in the castle and make it fixed up and all]

((wait is the lone mare Nightmare moon? if so, I was actually going to suggest an encounter with Luna. Luna seeing the ghost of her horrific past, quite a good scene.))

((Don't worry about it, Moon. That's probably a better idea anyway. She can live in the old castle. And that sounds good, Killjoy. Just keep in mind that, as Moon mentioned before, the Princesses approved her living in the castle and therefore know she exists.))

Blood and Rarity walked outside, Blood taking a breath. "It's a nice day today." he said, taking Rarity's hoof as they walked. Rarity saw Moonlite not far away and waved to her. "Moonlite, darling!" She said, happy to see the mare.

Moonlite's ears perked up and she swiveled her head to find the mare with that specific voice. She spotted Rarity and smiled trotting over to the pair, "Hey you two, nice to see you again Blood, you haven't been out much..or sleeping" she said noting his tired look

Blood yawned loudly and rubbed his eyes. "I know, I've just been so wrapped up in research lately. I've really been trying to get to the bottom of who the Oracle was." Rarity rolled her eyes. "I keep telling him he's going to kill himself with all this mess. You need to relax darling." she said, stroking Blood's mane.

Moonlite nodded, "Yeah Blood Rarity is right, its one thing to be interested and research it, but your starting to obsess over it," she said, "You gotta spend some time doing other tings before your brain starts to catch fire from all the work"

"I am ever so excited for you two's wedding. Oh, you must come by and let me make you a wedding dress, darling." Rarity said sweetly, her love for fashion still very much front and center. Blood smirked as he listened to Rarity's rambling about dresses. She was kinda cute when she did it.

((well I was thinking about Luna not knowing and having her sense bits and pieces of her past coming back, and finally leading up to a confrontation of Luna and Nightmare moon,I don't think Luna or Celestia would just give Nightmare moon the old Castle, especially since Luna likes to visit it a lot. I just don't think the Princess would take kindly of an old evil returning, Luna's old ghost of horror's past, Celestia having to struggle with her own sister and banishing her to the moon and Twilight having to do combat with the same Mare. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, it just doesn't make much sense.))

((Moonlite was just the first to throw it out there, so I just said sure and went with it. You two can work it out. Also, I was trying to lower the conflict in this RP just a shade. There's definitely still going to be action, but this RP is going for a more mystery and discovering dark secrets kind of thing. If you can work it out with Moon, it's no problem with me.))

[ok so Luna can't give her forgiveness for assistant in taking down a corrupt kingdom, but Discord gets forgiveness because he was 'reformed?' that makes sense. I mean thats what im going off of, discord was reformed in one quick episode after he turned over Ponyville and controlled it, not once but twice!]

((point, but this is Luna's greatest regret and Nightmare is the LAST thing in Equestria she would want knocking on the door, and Celestia wouldn't want such memories coming back to look her in the face. discord is reformed but if you recall, Celestia and Luna do not trust Discord at all and made sure the Elements of harmony were in reach if he were to betray the Princesses. Nightmare Moon is one to hit home for the Princesses and the least likely to get good praises. It's like Sombra and the Chrystal Empire.))

((Killjoy's got a point. How about this, Nightmare is on good terms with us (our characters) but her existence is still worrisome to most others, including the princesses, so they have to keep her a secret, and one of the plot points of the RP involves us figuring out why the Oracle sacrificed himself to give her a body which would lead to discovering a way to get her on good terms with the rest of Equestria. Could that be a reasonable possibility for you guys?))

[sorry didn't see]

"Oh yes, oh course Rarity," she said warmly, "Though good luck with AJ, she is stubborn with the whole dress thing!" she giggled remember the playful argument they had over the dress. Whiel the argument was serious, the tone wasn't, it was like she was serious, but wasn't truely arguing.

Rarity gave a small giggle. "Oh, trust me, sweety, I've done it before, and I'll do it many more times."

"Did somepony say stubborn?" Applejack said, suddenly joining the group with her bunch of apples she had collected today. She kissed Moonlite on the cheek lightly. "How ya doing, sugarcube?"

"Oh, hush. Ya ain't always levelheaded yaself." Applejack teased, nuzzling Moon. Blood yawned loudly again and stretched. "Ya alright, hun? Ya look like ya ain't slept in days." Blood rubbed his eyes. "Thanks for stating the obvious."

"Really, I'll be -yawn-...alright." Blood said, earning a glare from Rarity. "She's right, darling. Sleep. Now." She said sternly. Blood groaned and went inside, laying down on the sofa and falling asleep. Rarity smiled and stroked his mane and kissed his forehead. "Now then, we can get down to business."

Archived