Through the Eyes of the Oracle (Private)

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pedestal stopped moving and Blood flew to it. The object he saw in his dream was now visible, an ancient helmet. On it was a metal facemask, the mouth possessing a very prominant set of fangs, indicating that it was a bat pony helmet. On the back of the helmet there was a single name written in bat pony language. "Devildriver...." Blood said to himself. He also noticed the symbol of Canterlot on the top of the helmet. "This is weird." he thought.

Soul arrived in Canterlot and headed towards where Killjoy was to report in.

"Don't get your mane in a tangle." Blood said, putting the helmet in his bag. He looked around to try and see where Nightmare went. "Nightmare?" she called. "Hm. She usually greets us with a smile on her face."

Soul came by, and before you react, he didn't say anything mean," she said, "its just he reminded me that Luna will never accept me, that Equestria will never want me," she closed her eyes, "That im always going to truely be alone."

"Don't say that, you're not alone. Me and Moonlite are always going to be here for you. I know it's hard being here alone, but we're trying out best to figure something out. I promise we will find a way." Blood said, hugging Nightmare, trying to be as supportive as possible.

"Me and my brother thought that very same thing...look at us now." Blood said. He noticed the time of day. "I really hate to leave you, but we need to get going. My marefriend and Moon's fiancé are waiting on us." He stood up and went for the exit. "I promise you, we'll find a way."

Nightmare sighed, "I can't keep hiding forever," she said simply as she dissipated into the shadows

Moonlite sighed and followed Blood, "she is so miserable" she said, "I do wish one thing, since your obsessed with the oracle, why did he make her real, he must have known this would happen"

"That's why I've been doing so much research. I'm looking for answers. Why did he help us against Black? Where did he come from? How did he get his vast power and....why did he do this for Nightmare?" Blood said, looking at the ancient helmet he had gotten from the castle. "I hope this provides even a little bit of answers."

Killjoy sat in her chair in front of her desk. She was looking over old books about the incident that happened 1,000 years ago. "no wonder why Luna is afraid...The Nightmare leaves its host in agony and torment while it makes others suffer dearly. Even loved ones weren't safe from it. Celestia must have a really hard time. such power must have been almost impossible to defeat without the elements." she thought. She flipped through pages trying to find something else of value. she then saw something, it was a page written all over and the text scribbled out. the title was barely readable, it said the glorious victory over the evil queen of night. and the words written was "lies" over and over and the bottom of the page was "no one will understand that kind of pain." Killjoy was puzzled and just kept reading the words. "wonder if Luna did this...or Celestia." she whispered to herself.

Soul lightly knocked before entering Killjoy's office. "Evening, Killjoy. Patrol's done, nothing out of the ordinary." he said as he sat down. "And I guess you were right about...her being back."

Blood and Moonlite flew back to Ponyville. Blood landed in front of the boutique and entered. "There you are darling!" Rarity said, hugging him. "I do hope your little errand was successful." Blood nodded and pulled the old helmet from his bag, setting it with the rest of his research. "I guess you could say that."

Applejack kissed her and smiled. "Nah, not too bad. Rarity's got a surprise for ya." She said, putting her hooves over her eyes and walking her into the next room where Rarity had gone.

Archived