Making the world a safer place (Sign up in OOC thread)

The whole time the fairy had been tying to stop the manticore, sky had been carefully aiming his non fatal shot. He kept telling himself the time wasnt right over and over again. Then he saw the manticore leap. Sky was under him. He took this moment to quickly let the arrow fly into the manticore's shoulder, preventing it from moving so quick. Sky drew another arrow and fired it into a back leg to prevent it from moving even more

"There we go" Sky said as the manticore copped two arrows

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The beast being all on Seria had forgotten about the other one. Sky was clear from it and could take advantage of that, which he did. Those arrows well shot reached for the manticore's shoulder and back leg. As it had jumped into the air once more, it would fall on its side unleashing a painful roar. Yet... it wouldn't have too much trouble getting back up... more furious than ever. This time it locked on Sky. The two arrows weren't enough to bring it to a complete stop. It sure did something, but very temporarily.

Seria was still above the manticore and seeing that it was now seeing Sky as a bigger threat, she decided to act upon it. She would raise her staff up in the air. Once again its orb would glow bright from the lights inside of it. This required some time, but the fact that the manticore was busy right now with keeping its eyes on Sky made it all possible for her. Behind her trees began to move. Their branches and roots absorbing the energy the staff was sending and obeying its commands. Even vines from around were doing the same and soon enough they would all charge at the manticore. Hearing the plants rustle, the beast turned to be aware of what was happening in its back. It slapped a few branches away with its enormous paws, but even though it wanted to get rid of them, Seria still had the upper hand on this one. Truly she just wanted to pin it down so she could actually understand the whole problem.

Eventually the plants would take over and wrap around the manticore's limbs and body. Soon after that the beast was unable to move freely out of it despite the strength it had. While struggling to free itself, the fairy floated back down on the ground, the magic of her staff still in use to make sure it wouldn't escape. The lion creature saw her approach with a furious look and roared at her. Seria brought a hoof to her face as if to cover herself from the sound, but quickly let go and resumed until she was close enough. Seeing it was useless, the manticore only looked at her, frowning and snarling. As for Seria... she stared at it.

From where Sky was, the only thing he could see there was a fairy staring at a pinned down beast and nothing more. Seria remained where she was for a while and looked into the manticore's eyes. Moment later the beast seemed to have calmed down and looked more relaxed. Its breathing wasn't as heavy and filled with hatred anymore. The fairy had stopped her gazing and went to where the arrows were in the beast's limbs. While still in control of the vines, roots and branches, she'd also make use of those to slowly remove the arrows from where they were. It stung for the manticore, but it could endure well. Once the arrows out and thrown on the floor, the fairy would take her magical staff closer to the wounds. Once again the orb on it would give a bright glow. Slowly the wounds on the manticore would begin to close. Good thing the projectiles hadn't gotten too deep in it, Seria was able to heal it all.

She did the same for the second arrow and came back to the front of the creature to look at it once again, only this time with a smile too. Raising the staff up to make use of it, she would release the magic. Vines, roots and branches all around the manticore would begin to unwrap and return to where they belonged. A little after the manticore got back up and looked down at the fairy for a few seconds... and then it would turn around and walk away, leaving the two ponies safe from it. Seria saw the manticore depart and turned back to go and see Sky. She lifted herself off of the ground with her butterfly wings to join back with Sky and nodded at him.

''Thank you for your help. It's over now, we can go back to the town and join with the others.''

She would tell him before fluttering away a little where she would stop on place and turn around to Sky once more.

''It seemed that this manticore was indeed the source of the problem. It had chased them away from this place to claim it to itself. Apparently its old habitat had been destroyed by another creature. It will be able to find a new spot for itself now and the timberwolves will be able to come back here.''

That explained and the problem finally solved she would give him a smile.

''Now let us go, shall we?''

Sky smiled as the manticore left. As Seria explained the reason the manticore attacked sky thought for a moment. He wondered what could have done that though he left it that a bigger manticore did it. He turned towards the fairy

"Yea, iv had enough of this place"

Their way back to the town was making itself be rather quiet. And instead of flying, Seria decided to walk to take it easy. Probably that by now the others were already back in Ponyville with the kids all safe. They weren't in a hurry, so the fairy calmly walked the path back. Other than the manticore, now it was pretty safe around the place. Sure the Everfree Forest was dangerous most of the time, but for now nothing was really worth worrying about. Since she was taking things easy for now, Seria wasn't fully aware of her surroundings. She was mostly making sure that no creatures would appear out of nowhere and bounce at them wildly. Other than that walking didn't require much to worry about... in general.

Somewhere in front of her, as she didn't notice it, was a pit. This pit didn't have its place in the forest... well at least not on this path. Without giving enough attention, Seria would keep walking forward, putting one hoof in front of the other. Suddenly and unexpectedly, one of her hooves wouldn't land on the ground, but into the air. As she stomped down, she would stumble forward. Taken by surprise, her eyes would look down in front of her and that's when that she would realize what was happening. She was stepping into a hole in the ground! Poor Seria didn't have enough strenght and balance to pull herself back that she fell forward. Yelling as she fell, a landing noise would make itself be heard as she would hit the bottom of this pit. Fortunately for her, it wasn't so deep as she didn't make a big fall and fell onto her side instead of her face, where it could have been dangerous...

Staying down a little, she would open her eyes and look around to analyze the place. It was a pit all right... She'd get herself back up and would look up. But when she would put her right hoof down, she would lift it rigth back up with a cringe on her face and a small moan. It was painful... she must have landed badly on it, but didn't seem to be broken. She'd have to endure, but what a shocker... she didn't need that right now. She'd look back up at the sky.

''Uh... Be careful! There's... a pit. Wouldn't want you to fall into it as well...''

She'd tell Sky from the bottom of the pit. She wondered who had done that, though... did a creature do this? It didn't seem like it was the case given how the pit was made.

Sky hears the fairy's yell as she fell into the pit. Sky had been alert the whole trip and had been ready to deal with anything and although he did see the pit, apparantly she didnet, Sky flapped his wings and hovered into the small pit. He extended a hoof to help her out if she wanted it and though sky knew she could fly, it was still worth offering

Suddenly from in the pit a terrible noise was being made. And from out of the shadows he came.

A large creature wearing a tattered tarp, he was apparently playing the flute and he walked up to the pony and the fairy. Once a few feet away he carelessly threw the flute behind his shoulder and dramatically ripped off his tarp to reveal a tall muscular orange earth pony! He had dirty white hair that was unkempt and kind of gross. But his most peculiar feature was a large metal ice auger stuck on too his head resembling a unicorn’s horn. He made a dramatic pose on two legs and yelled

AHA! Welcome to the pit of enchantments! Where you shall stay FOREVER HAHAHA! The only way out is to answer!” he went back on all 4 hooves and paused for a dramatic effect “what is the proper slope angle for a line 6 by 5 on a 4 centimeter grid.

Sky sighed as he pulled his bow out.

"There is a second option, let us out or feel the pain" Sky said. He was not fond of being in one way situations, he liked there to be a few options. If there was only one, then he would make his own.

Augercorn starred inquisitively at the young Pegasus and did a quick cartwheel ending up behind him; he snatched an arrow out of sky’s quiver and inspected it.

Hey these are sweet!” he stroked the shaft of the arrow.

Where do you get these made? I’ve been trying to make my own for a while now, but they suck!

augercorn gently presented Sky with a strange heavy object that looked like a wooden phallus.

Holding sky’s arrow he jumped over the young colt and said “ahh allow me to introduce my self I am sir Augercorn the dim!”

Sky smiled as this pony stole his arrow. He didnt care, he had plenty

"I made them myself, most of them. That one i made" Sky said. He had arrow's that he had bought though he made most of the arrow's he had

"And i am sky Sir Auger" Sky said, bow still out.

Augercorn smiled back and returned the gesture.

rise! rise my friend, pleased to meet ya!... so uh what are you guys doing all the way out here, might I ask?” Augercorn looked at the finely made arrow.

he inspected it and said to himself

It’s a great arrow he must have been trained by a royal guard quality smith. he also has the proper stance of a well trained archer

umm can I keep this?

Sky thought for a moment. He normally liked to keep his arrow's though he didnt feel like seeming rude

"Sure, you can keep it and please, dont act like you are royalty" Sky said as he stood with his bow ready. He wondered why he wanted the arrow. Sky made a mental desision to keep track of this pony

"We were here stoppign the timberwolf threat" Sky said as he grabbed a arrow out of his quiver.

The fairy was ready to be taking Sky's hoof to help her out of this hole, yet what happened next came to her as a big surprise... what she thought was a creature revealed itself to be yet another pony. According to him she was in 'The pit of enchantment'? Truly, did this hole have any magic in it? She wouldn't expect so just from the look of it and just thought that this guy up there was playing with her... rather frightening, she thought. The fact that she was down there and now Sky alone with this guy... would they be fine? Who was he anyway?

''E-Excuse me! This is not funny at all! This makes no sense!''

She'd insist in saying. She could hear him talk above her with Sky. She had no idea if he was any dangerous or not. Would flying up out be safe? He could just hit her back inside this pit and she'd simply end up being hurt more than she is with her right leg. The way this Augercorn pony talked, she could easily tell that he had a lot of energy. She had to think of a way out without risking any trouble... Oh what she would give right now just to have Glady by her side. This wasn't something she had expected at all there.

Sky smiled as he remembered the fairy behind him. He flew down and offered his hoof again

"Come on, lets get you out of there" Sky said to her. He was listening behind him so if Augercorn made any hostile moves, sky was ready for him.

Seria, still looking up waited for an answer. It seemed that by talking out she had reminded Sky of her presence since he came down in the pit to her rescue. How nice! She couldn't help but to smile at the pegasus there as he offered her his hoof again. The fairy gladly accepted the offer and tended her hoof to him. By doing so, though, she would put some more weight on the other one to compensate, yet it simply quickly reminded her that it was painful as she cringed her face once more at what she was feeling. She still decided to get on with it and flied back up with the help of Sky.

Once back out and on the ground, Seria would nod to Sky as a sign of thanking him and looked at the one who supposedly had made that 'pit of enchantment'. She couldn't look at him with a smile, but looked rather uncertain of this being. Should she talk to him or not? At this point she'd just go back to Ponyville pronto, but she knew that the chances that this pony would follow them were high.

''Let... Let us leave this place.''

She'd come to say to Sky while staring at Augercorn. The sooner in the town, the better. She didn't want to have to deal with any more trouble now. The timberwolves caused enough of it and the manticore was even worse. They didn't need a strange pony making holes in a forest for the purpose of having fun making them answer all sort of riddles. Seria turned around and flapped her wings to lift off of the ground... she didn't want to fall in another hole, should there be any other and her foreleg still hurt as well.

Augercorn finally focused his attention on Seria. She was a beautiful being, Augercorn was surprised when he finally noticed her butterfly like wings

WOAH! A fairy, and its not wearing boots!”

Seria flew out of the pit, Augercorn then jumped out of the pit and shouted “hey wait! Where are you going? Can I come with you!”

About to leave the place, she'd be quickly interrupted, her whole appearance as a fairy apparently catching the eyes of Augercorn. While remaining in the air she would turn around as she noticed she had given quite the surprise to this pony. Yet she'd look at him rather confused as he made the mention of boots... did fairies wear boots in stories from here? Well not much was known about them in general... very few knew about them, in fact. Ah well, there was no need to bother with the boots part.

Although that she had been... trapped there by this Augercorn pony, he seemed to be acting more seriously as he asked where they were going. To this she'd turn completely towards him and would look at him in silence for a few seconds, actually wondering if this was a good idea...

''We're going back to Ponyville. We have no more business in the forest.''

She'd answer him.

''... Um... pardon me if this might sound rude, but who are you exactly and what are you doing in the Everfree Forest?''

Sky smiled as his fairy friend let him help her out of the ditch. He noticed that she seemed a bit hurt. as she got out and started to hover, sky smiled\

"Sierra(Did i get that right?) want a ride? Your hurt" Sky offered before turning to Augercorn"If my friend here does not mind then sure" Sky said

Augercorn followed sky and Seria on the ground. And answered her question “OH well I just so happen to be heading to ponyville myself; but umm I got uhh … I didn’t get lost I just got distracted, ooh shiny!”

Augercorn ran and picked up a pretty cool stone in the dirt. And ran back to his 2 new companions, at least he was now starting to consider them companions.

“you see in ponyvile there’s a man named Filthy stinking rich and I need to give him this” he pulled out a small parcel neatly wrapped in brown packing paper.

and I can help you with the timberwolf threat! I’m actually a lot stronger than I look! And I can do this!

He then grabbed a nearby stick and held it like a sword; he posed for dramtic effect and then did a front flip holding out the stick creating a saw blade like effect. He spun in the air a few times then landed and shouted “TAH DAH”

oh come on please let me go with you! it will be fuun”

(Seria is with one R XD)

At first she wasn't so sure... well, honestly he didn't look so bad. A lot of energy... but no threat whatsoever, truly. According to him he 'didn't get lost' in here, but still needed to go back to Ponyville too. Ah well, at this point Seria didn't mind it all that much. She even giggles a little, putting a hoof up in front of the mouth as he goofed around with the stick.

''The threat is no longer there. The timberwolves can go back to their territory without worrying now. As for us we have nothing else to do here. I guess you can follow us, but... please no more holes like the last one...''

She'd tell him before looking towards Sky.

''I'll be fine, thanks for the kind offering. I can fly just fine and I'll be able to heal myself once we're back to safety.''

A gentle smile was shown to Sky by the fairy as she simply tried to reassure him.

''By the way, I might as well introduce myself. My full name is Seria Rosa... as you've seen I am a fairy. I believe I haven't heard your name yet, though, mister...''

In a Mexican accent augercorn repeated her “Seria Rosa! De el … el deserto de mehico!

Augercorn haply trotted underneath Seria and explained himself “I am Augercorn, I was born in the desert of tantoine raised by my aunt and uncle, but when they were killed by the empire I joined an old man who taught me the way of the village idiot, and 2 robots who may or may of have been lovers … none of my business. A cool pirate guy and his pet half man half dog, and my sister who it was o.k because at the time I didn’t know it was my sister! And umm, we fought the empire and beat them in the end, but it turned out before hand my dad was an emo jerk which kind sucks but I’m still cool so that’s that.”

Augercorn twirled the stick around in his mouth a bit before stuffing it in his tail as a improvised sheath.

so uhh what about you 2 are you guys from ponyville? IS THAT WHERE FAIRYS COME FROM?”

Seria listened to Augercorn's story... Yet only listened. If anything, even for a fairy, what he said was actually pretty hard to believe. While fluttering over she'd keep a smile on anyway. There was absolutely no need whatsoever in starting a debate about this. Besides this pony seemed well where he was and she didn't want to get involved with it. Anyway... what are robots? What's a man? What empire? Perhaps just too many things which to her made no sense. After what he had asked if they were from Ponyville. Technically now she was... but...

''Um... Truly sorry, but I can't tell you any details. It can't be told to just anypony... But I can assure you that fairies do not come from Ponyville.''

She had taken a more serious and concerned look for this one as she didn't want to divulge anything on this matter. If anything she was the only known fairy in all of Equestria and the only things known in general was that they exist. She felt anxious a little having to speak of fairies... She was always afraid to let some information slip away when she knew that they were living in peace and that no other kingdom even came to bother them. The last thing they needed was for other ponies to know where they lived. After giving her answer she would resume her flying so they could simply just head back to Ponyville.

''L-let's talk while making our way back instead... and no more about fairies. You don't have to know anything about them.''

Sky smiled as they started walking back. He wondered the same thing as augercorn, where did fairy's come from, though he was too polite to ask.

"So auger, why do you want the arrow?" Sky said. He had already said he could have it, now he wanted reasons.

at Seria's responce Augercorn frowned. "aww, o.k i wont ask again. sorry i didnt know it was touchy"

then cloud asked about the arrow

"umm well you know its a good arrow, and its cool. umm i like to collect little things like that. like at my secret lair in manhatten i have an entire row of magic proof boxes! besides i'm not a bad archer myself, i don't have a bow right now but I'm not bad! "

the trio continued along the path

"so umm how do you guys know eachother? and how much further?

And at that the small group kept on going so they could reach the town. Seria accepted Augercorn's apology about the earlier topic and felt more calm about it. It's just that to her he seemed a bit too energetic. If she wanted to talk about the fairies... then she'd make sure she can really trust him.

---Meanwhile---

Glady and Violet were with the kids still. They had to bring them home. Their walk had been fairly quiet after Glady had let out some of her thoughts. It felt awful... It was awful. The young unicorn was getting more worried about her friend, yet she had absolutely no idea of how to deal with this. Her only way to do so was to stay silent and not say a word. She'd walk along with most of the foals around her as they had distanced themselves from the earth pony. Glady's entire look looked miserable. Being home would be nice right now... she could rest a little. As for Violet, she just wished that Seria was back already. Although the fairy could prank from time to time... she knew when to help as well.

Eventually the group would get to the borders of the forest. Their exit was there and soon they could call it a day. Or that's what they thought, at least. Now able to see more than trees and darkness, they could see buildings and the sun lighting the day. No branches to blind their view of the town. It was right there, but something was off. Something was different... Something had happened. No, nothing had been damaged while they were gone for maybe an hour or so. What the two of them as well as the children could see was a wall. One transparant wall. Looking up the wall was curving forward up and down and on the sides as well, like it was wrapping itself around something. Basically what they were seeing was a field of protection, a bright and glowing yellow giant bubble shield that had appeared over the town. Both of them's eyes would open wider at this sight. Their visage would show panic as well. Glady didn't wait any longer... She galloped right away towards the town. Seeing her go, Violet would follow, telling the kids to follow her behind.

They'd reach the wall, Glady already there was looking up while Violet just arrived. The unicorn gave a look to her friend as she wondered what was going on with both this giant sphere wall and Glady herself. Right now she was just staring up at the shield and seemed lost in her thoughts. The earth pony would lower her head and set her eyes in front of her. She'd lift a hoof slowly before she'd come to reach the wall.

''Glady...''

Her friend was worried that something could happen should this wall be touched. Hearing Violet's voice, Glady had stopped in her movement for a second, but immediately went back to it and put her hoof on the wall...

Nothing. Nothing happened. Actually, as she touched it, all it did was to react to the point where it was touched. A ripple of magic was made and it glew brighter on this point precisely. It seemed like some of the energy was gathering where it touched immediately. Glady removed her hoof from there and kept staring at it.

''Stand back...''

The strong young mare warned. After what she would go and reach for that giant hammer of hers. Violet could see what was coming next. She knew better than to not listen to her on this one, so she quickly gathered the foals and took her with them... at a pretty good distance. Once out of reach and danger, Glady took up the hammer, lifting it with one hoof over her shoulder and would keep looking at the shield. Then the weapon would drop on the floor, letting a deaf bang be heard in the grass. She'd grab the handle with her other hoof and stood on her hind legs. Bringing it back behind her, that's when she would go. With all of her might she would lift the hammer up in the air and would swing it down with the strength of a giant. Letting out a loud yell as she would bring it down. The hammer would hit the thing with extreme force, putting an awful lot of pressure under it. Anyone smashed by that wouldn't have any chance of surviving. As soon as it hit it, a huge ripple would be sent through the whole sphere only to come back even faster to where it was hit. A huge amount of energy gathered and in an instand Glady was sent flying back with her weapon as she took a full blast. The earth pony flew off through a few trees before landing on her back.

''GLADY!!''

In a state of panic, the young unicorn immediately rushed for her in hope that she was even alive at that point. Arriving next to her body she got down, looking at her.

''Please... please, please be okay!''

She'd say, her eyes already filling as her friend lied there with her eyes closed. Yet it wouldn't take long for the tough pony to open them, gazing at nothing before she'd actually see Violet. On her side, the unicorn let out a deep sigh of relief as she saw that. The earth pony would get back up and shake her head. She took a heavy one right there... but she was made much tougher than she looked. She wouldn't want to take another one like that, but knew she could at least.

''That thing... It didn't even crack!''

She'd comment as she looked back at the shield. What trouble this was... she clenched her teeth at the thought of being unable to go back in the town. They had to bring foals back to their parents and now all of a sudden this giant sphere was there. Not only was it unbreakable, but anyone who tried to do so would be reflected the same amount of strength that was dealt to it. That's what had happened there. All of the force Glady had put in her swing was simply sent back to her face and the force field was still intact. It had absorbed absolutely everything.

-------------

Back in the forest, the small group was nearing the exit as well, taking the same way as Violet and Glady before. Seria focused on where to go more than talking with the others. Eventually she would hear a loud noise. It echoed through the air that the two others would hear it too. She had stopped where she was... she knew it was coming from Ponyville.

''Oh no...''

She said to herself, eyes wide opened, thoughts of ponies being hurt immediately coming to her mind. Then without giving much of a warning she would speed up her flight.

''Hurry!''

She'd call to the two others behind her. As soon as they arrived, they could see Glady, Violet and the foals all standing in one same spot, Glady still looking in front of her before they'd all hear noise coming from the forest. At least this was a relief for the fairy. No one there was hurt just at first sight.

''Is everypony okay?''

She'd call from afar while she flew to them. Every one of them looked back. They looked glad that she was back with Sky... and another one? It didn't matter enough for now. They'd explain what's going on first. As Seria landed, keeping her right hoof up for now, Glady would gesture with her head towards the town to show the shield, catching Seria's attention.

''Oh dear...''

She'd exclaim.

''It's impossible to break... I tried to hit it as hard as I could, but all it did was to blast me away.''

Seria scanned Glady afterward to see if she had been really hurt...

''Was that sound we heard this... blast?''

Glady nodded at the question and saw her concern on her face. She remained calm nonetheless to this until she noticed that the fairy had a leg up and had never put it down.

''... You okay? Is your leg hurt?''

Seria looked at her leg, then back at Glady, a bit ashamed.

''Don't worry about this... It was an accident, nothing more. I'll heal it later. For now I want to make sure that everyone is safe and...''

Her eyes would shift for the shield again.

''... this. It isn't normal, we have to do something about it.''

They'd agree to this. At that point now the new pony would get both Violet and Glady's attention, pretty much wondering who he was. They had met Sky before and knew he had accompanied Seria in the forest, but this other one was another one again. Was he lost too?

''Was he lost?''

Glady asked. The question pretty much reminded the fairy that they were there too. She was just too worried about her friends that she had forgotten about them.

''Oh... Well, this is Augercorn. We met him after I... hurt my leg into a pit he made.''

Immediately the earth pony glared at Augercorn with a frown. She'd turn towards him completely, already having a bad impression of him. She didn't need to say a word that her look meant everything right now. She hated more than anything when someone hurt her friends. Seria put herself in front of her.

''Don't be mad... it's nothing and he's not a bad pony.''

The tough mare shifted from Seria to Augercorn before stopping to him.

''Just... don't mess with me then...''

Archived