Making the world a safer place (Sign up in OOC thread)

Augercorn trotted along happily with his new friends. When they reached the clearing for ponyville Seria instantly flew off!

Augercorn followed as they approved a small group of children and a downed pony with a hammer.

Augercorn waved to the kids but then inspected the strange barrier around the town.

The downed pony said something to him, but he paid no mind. He inspected the barrier and touched his “horn” to it. It rippled and bounced back slightly. Augercorn then gently put his hoof up to It and gently applied pressure. Before jumping around and in a Texan accent shouted

What we guts here is one brand spank yore momma new type of force field. It aint cast by no normal pony otherwise it would have a weird pink color to it! What were dealing with here is a rooting tooting gosh darn shootin … …” he spoke in his normal voice again “well I don’t exactly know exactly what it is, but if some pony put it up in a special way, some pony can take it down in a special way>"

Suddenly the large group of children all got a worried look on there faces. Augercorn immediately noticed this and did a back flip next to the group.

“HEY come on guys! Its nothing to worry about, in fact ITS AN ADVENTURE! YEAAH!” he picked up a small filly and did a back flip with her in his arms. He set her down as soon as he landed and she immediately clapped her hooves and shouted “AGAIN AGAIN!

augercorn smiled and looked to the older ponies “ill entertain the kids until you guys think of a plan!” he looked to the children again and began playing with them leading them all in a fun distracting game.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Violet didn't seem to have much to say for the moment. She just knew that Glady didn't have to be messed with. She was rather... fragile at the moment. Perhaps she wasn't an expert at this, but she could tell she was. She's known her for six years already and was pretty much her closest friend along with Seria. She didn't care for jokes or playing around. She just wanted to have a break and they had another problem to deal with... this one bigger than the timberwolves. For her own well being she chose to ignore Augercorn and go back to the barrier, followed by Seria who wanted to inspect it too.

Although Augercorn didn't exactly know what this barrier was, he had a point there. It wasn't just any kind of barrier and certainly not the common one unicorns could cast. Especially guards.

''Glady... Help me a little, please. I need to touch this barrier.''

Glady didn't wait and helped the fairy to stay up simply because of her leg. She didn't want to fall down while touching it. Once this successful, Seria would put her hoof on the wall and observe. Like it previously did, a ripple of magic was created just by touching it and since she was herself a magical being, she could sense the magic better than others. She felt how it came back to her hoof giving a small pressure. The same pressure she put on it.

''Reflector shield...''

She'd conclude immediately.

''It absorbs the impact and sends it back to the one who tries to damage it. It's no wonder you were sent flying. I'm just glad you recovered this fast... knowing how strong you are.''

Seria would come back down and pull out her staff. As always the magical item appeared out of tin air in a small flash and she instantly began to heal herself using the same spell she used on the manticore before.

''Yeah... But anyway. What do we do now? We've got those kids to bring back inside and there's no way we can do that.''

The earth pony sounded rather desperate with that as well as annoyed. Violet heard some of the conversation and joined with them.

''What if we dig under? Sounds silly... but it could work?''

She'd suggest. Unfortunately Seria already knew it wasn't possible and shook her head.

''No... This shield is all around the town, from above and under too. We have no choice but to deactivate it.''

Violet was out of ideas then... Seria would eventually finish healing herself, good thing it wasn't anything big. The staff would disappear and her leg felt much better. She could walk on it again. She walked away from the barrier and looked around before she would start flying up to have a better view of the surrounding. In the distance she could see Canterlot and this place didn't have a barrier like that. In her mind it was already decided then. She'd come back down to the others.

''We'll go to Canterlot! The children will be safe there and so will we. Perhaps the princess already knows about all of this or we can report it to her. Chances are that those trapped inside can not get out as well.''

She'd say as if taking the lead. Glady wasn't so sure about anything at the moment, but it was probably the best thing to do for now. At that she took her hammer and followed her fairy friend. Violet did the same. Seria looked at Augercorn, then.

''I appreciate that you take care of the foals for us. We have to hurry, though...''

And onto this she began to march forward with her friends.

(WALLS OF TEXT)

Sky smiled as he followed the group. He had not expected that ponyvile would be covered in a force field. He was happy that his own house was not actually in the town.

"What we doin a=in canterlot?"

you hear that guys we going to CANTERLOT!” the kids all laughed and shouted with exitment!

He quickly organized them in a line and showed them to follow Seria “follow the pretty magic fairy lady everybody!”

he then went over to violet and rather creepily towered over her. He was indeed much, much larger than her and leaned down to say “umm can we just take the train or are we going to walk?

Seria didn't mind being called the pretty magic fairy lady. Her race was rare among other ponies, but it was still a nice compliment, she thought. Only thing though was that they weren't going to Canterlot to have a tour of the city or go on vacations. Seria had something else in mind... Something much more serious. And she would reveal it since she was asked the question.

''I suggest that we meet with the princess to give her the details on what is happening... And at the same time leave the foals in good care because...''

She'd pause there for a second before continuing.

''... I would like to deal with the problem. I will offer my help to Princess Celestia and will search for who did this.''

Glady followed next to her, looking forward as they were walking. She could only nod at what Seria said.

''I'll join too... Now I just feel like smashing the butt of that jerk who did this.''

This should be enough to answer Sky's question. Violet kind of jumped on place when Augercorn got close to her, not noticing his presence. As he asked his question she looked up at him, him being rather tall. Well Violet herself was still pretty young compared to the others. The youngest of the three between Seria and Glady.

''Uuh... I think we're walking for now.''

She'd answer him, yet feeling unsure about it.

''Seria? Do we really have to walk there?''

She'd then ask her friend. The fairy looked behind and smiled.

''We don't have much of a choice. The station is in the town, remember? Besides the rails are now cut because of the barrier. No train can go through Ponyville.''

She'd answer.

Ah what nice thoughts. Surely this made the fairy smile and even giggle a bit at the kind offering.

''You do have very good intentions, Sky and I appreciate it!''

She told him. There was only one problem, though..

''Although I wish we could make this true... I do not know of any spell of this kind. Truly sorry...''

Indeed. If she knew a spell like that, things would be made much easier, but fornow they would have to walk their way to the great city of Canterlot.

----------

Some time later the group would already be halfway there. It took them a while already and the walking was starting to be pretty tiring. The kids there couldn't endure this much by themselves. Some of them had taken turns to be on Glady's back. The earth mare had suggested this due to her high endurance. Having a few kids on her back was nothing at all. Once they had rested enough, they would switch with the others and so on. Speaking of which, Glady had managed to calm down by a lot since the event with the force field. Just being with Violet and Seria made her feel more at ease.

Although they had found a solution for the foals while walking... there was another problem there. The more they would get away from Ponyville, the more they would actually start to worry. It was now that they would realize that their homes were under a giant thing that wouldn't let them pass. If they couldn't pass through it, then they wouldn't be able to see their parents and that was what actually worried them. Right now they were temporary orphans. They couldn't reach their homes and their parents couldn't come to look for them either. It was another whole situation.

''... Can we go home?...''

One would ask. Seria turned to the foal in question, unsure if she should tell the truth.

''I... I want mommy.... I want mommy!''

Another one would say sniffling and raising her tone on the second one. It was actually the younger sister who had been rescued by Glady earlier in the day. This was making things more difficult for Seria who was leading ahead. She tried to find the right thing to say, but wasn't so good with children, to be honest. She had never taken care of any before. Her sight would quickly shift to Augercorn. She had seen him act before with them and he seemed to be rather good at first sight. Yet the more one would complain, the more the others around would be influenced and the more they would start to worry, complain and even cry.

Seria had to do something about it. She halted their walk and turned around to see them all, plus two of them on Glady's back who were the brother and the sister. The young colt was trying to calm his younger sibling, but even he had trouble with that as he was also worried about not being able to go back home.

''Please... please, everyone! Calm down, c-calm down!''

The fairy was seeing this all as too much and tried to appease them. If they refused to go further, it's not like they could abandon them there. They had to bring them to Canterlot to get them to safety.

Sky was worried about the kids who seemed to miss their parents. He had never known what that was like, he always had his parents there for him, even when he left them. Sky walked up to the kids and smiled. He walked back to siera"Hope you can heal well, i might need it" Sky said to her. He walked back to the kids"Want a show?" He said, trying to cheer them up.

augercorn picked up and tossed a crying child caught her and shouted "hey SKY's putting on a show!" he quickly corraled the kids to Sky making him the center of attention.

all the children watched wide eyed wanting a good distraction, augercorn seemed very intrested too

Sky smiled as he dashed up high, higher then the clouds. He smiled as he dashed straight down, fast enough to break the sonic barrier. He did a sonic rainboom. He managed to hold it for a straight five seconds before pummeling towards the ground. He couldnt control himself

It was a good thing that the others tried to help the fairy with this problem. Seria did wonder what he meant when he said he hoped she could heal well, though. She sure could... but healing completely was another thing and the bigger the wound, the more time it would take as well. He was preparing something for the kids and from the sound of it it could be pretty big too, which made the fairy worry some. Augercorn then gathered the kids so they could watch the show Sky wanted to pull out. The others on Glady's back would watch as well. Their attention had been caught, at least it was already that. Both Violet and Glady would look too.

And then there he went. Sky flew up into the sky itself, soaring high over the clouds that he was hard to spot at some point. After reaching a certain height he seemed to be coming down... and fast. Really fast. So fast that the sound barrier itself was breached and created a sonic boom... No... A Sonic Rainboom, something so rare only one pony could do it. Now two? Rather unique and impressive. The wave of rainbow spreaded into the sky and the foals looked amazed, some so into it that they'd whisper a 'wow' to themselves.

But things wouldn't go so well after that... As everypony was looking, Seria noticed that Sky was still going straight toward the ground and at this speed it was going to be dangerous. It's now that she realized what he meant by if she could heal well because right now he was going towards the ground at a pretty high speed.

''This isn't good...''

The fairy tought to herself. Looking around, she would try too look for something that she could use to soften his landing, but nothing seemed to be of use. So far there were a few trees, yet too far and the rest was but ground only. She could try moving the clouds, but at his speed he would simply go through them. She feared the worst for him and could only watch in panic. Violet covered her eyes and Glady looked eyes wide opened also worried about him. Yet without any expectation the next thing that would happen would pretty much make them all be left in surprise as a brown magical aura would appear around the pegasus. His body would feel much more lighter too. Because of that he would start to slow down as something else was brought into this magic. This one was more common and known of every unicorn, telekinesis. After Sky had been slowed down in the air, he would gently be brought down to the ground. Once this down the aura would disappear and Sky could find his normal weight again. Seria, Violet and Glady all were left speechless at that, wondering how that was possible... None of them used their magic. Seria could take a look a Augercorn since he had a... well a horn, although it didn't look like a real one, but it was obvious he wasn't the one doing it either. Yet as she looked at him, she could see behind him as well, somepony else was already there. Seria didn't recall having seen anypony else being with them. She would stare at the individual for several seconds before turning towards him or her. Glady and Violet did the same.

''Who's this?''

Glady would wonder. Obviously no one knew the answer. Yet this pony was wearing a cloak over his or her body. The head being revealed it was noticeable that she was a mare. Spiky medium short black mane going down would give somewhat of a tomboy look to her as well. Her coat's color was brown and she had green eyes. She looked at the group from above as she was simply on a higher ground level than them.

''Better be careful with what you do. There's already enough trouble in this world... There's no need for you to kill yourself.''

The mare in question began to walk toward the group and would pretty much pass through them. They'd look at her... upon closer inspection she was also wearing one huge scythe on her back. So it was easy to tell this unicorn was experienced in the ways of magic or even battle. Seria had to admit she was truly impressed by this.

''W-wait!''

She'd call to her. The unicorn turned around to see what she wanted.

''I just want to say thank you for what you've done. I couldn't have done any better...''

At that the unicorn would smirk and nod before walking again.

''Let's say you're just lucky I was around!''

She'd tell the fairy as she resumed her walking.

Sky was glad he hadnt crashed into the ground, last time he did the rainboom he had multiple fractured bones and was stuck in hispital for over a month. As he touched down he fell to the ground in exghuastion, doing that took a lot out of him. He got up after a minute and walked over to siera and her friends

"Thanks" He said to them, not knowing that the other pony had saved him

Seria shook her head to say that no she didn't know this pony. She didn't leave her from her sight and this mysterious pony was simply just still walking away.

''No... I don't know her.''

She answered Augercorn. Glady kept herself quiet as she watched the other one walk away. She was inspecting her... A black cloak like that, a weapon on her back and the magic she just used... She had a lot of potential. That's when an idea struck her and she began to trot behind her. The brown unicorn could sense her approaching and so decided to turn around to see what she wanted.

''Hey, sorry to hold you back.''

Glady would begin to say, slowing down as she approached.

''But do you know about what happened to Ponyville back there?''

At that the unicorn would look behind as if she could see the town... Actually the barrier was even noticeable from where they were. The unicorn came back to Glady, looking at her quickly, noticing the hammer she had with her as well. To be lifting that thing one must be really strong... so it was easy to deduct that Glady had a lot in her.

''We're working on that, actually.''

She'd answer to Glady. The earth pony raised an eyebrow at this answer, unsure of what she meant there.

''We've noticed it and we're working on it, so there's no need to worry about anything. Anyway, where are you guys going?''

The unicorn said and asked afterward.

''We're heading to Canterlot. We need to find a safe place for these kids over there and we want to find a way to free the town too.''

Glady answered, showing the foals to the unicorn.

''But... who is 'we' exactly?''

At that the brown pony stared at Glady for a second and got closer to her to talk at a lowered volume.

''I can't say much. Just be glad I saved your friend over there.''

And she'd back away.

''You go to Canterlot and be safe, then. Here I have to leave. Sayonara!''

The unicorn kept backing away before she'd wave at the group and began to gallop away. The blue mare watched her go without anything else to add to this all. She was trying to think... think about who this mare was as well as who the 'we' refered too. She didn't look like anything of a guard of Celestia or anything close to this. Was she just a mercenary, then? Working with a bunch of other ponies, perhaps? Well no matter... she couldn't run after her for the moment.

When Sky came to say thanks, he said that to the wrong ones. Seria didn't do anything and neither did Violet, who was also a unicorn capable of magic. Seria turned to him then and Violet joined as well.

''We did nothing, actually...''

Violet would tell Sky. The fairy confirmed with a small nod and pointed to the mare who was already off in the distance.

''She saved you.''

Putting down her hoof she'd turn away and took the road to Canterlot again.

''But no matter... I'm glad you are safe. Yet we have to hurry.''

And so she was leading again followed by Violet and Glady who seemed to be very thoughtful.

Sky was a bit suprised that they hadnt been the ones who stopped his plummit but in truth he was jsut happy he didnt crash and die. Sky noticed one of the kids was a bit tired of walking, a bit more then the rest. Sky was not as strong as the hammer wielding pony but he could easily carry a filly or a colt.

---Timeskip---

Eventually they would all arrive to Canterlot. Most kids had gone quiet now and stopped talking on their way. The thoughts of not being with their parents reached them and during their way they still cried for seeing them again. The group had taken care of making them feel better. Took a while... but they at least managed to make them understand that they were there to help and that things would be fine. As of now they'd be quiet... some sleeping from exhaustion on a few of the ponies' backs.

Arriving in the city Seria could stand on her hooves for a few seconds while letting out a deep sigh of relief. They had made it... finally. They had set foot in the great city where the Princess of the sun lives. They would be able to meet with her and discuss of what to do. The great city was full of those high-society ponies. They were all over the place, walking high and discussing among each other about stuff ponies from Ponyville wouldn't really talk about. The buildings were rather high and big too. Just by looking around, Violet didn't find her place in there... Not at all.

''Can we hurry?''

She'd ask her fairy friend. Seria heard the concern in her voice and decided to press on. They'd make their way toward the castle as a group without minding the business of the other ponies. It sure was odd to see a bunch of adults like that with a bunch of kids when most of them didn't look like parents. Not to mention that one of them had a pair of butterfly-like wings. This would only get the attention of ponies around them more, but they'd just press on ignoring them.

Eventually they would make it out. That done Violet and Seria could breath without feeling concerned about other ponies. As for Glady she just didn't care about them... One getting too close and she would only have to stomp the ground once to make them understand not to mess with her. Good thing that simply didn't happen. The only thing left was to reach the castle which was ahead of them. They'd look up at the immense structure.

''We're here. We made it...''

Seria said before turning around to everyone.

''I'm sorry we had to take the long route, but I couldn't see any other ways. I'm just glad we're here.''

At that Glady smiled and nodded.

''We're almost there!''

The strong mare would then answer. Even Violet was happy for her as happiness seemed to be written all over her face.

Augercorn was walking down the street leading the children, he was carrying 5 children, 1 in each 2 on each shoulder arm and one on his head. He was leading them in song

ROCK ME AMADAUS AMADAUS!

All the kids giggled and repeated.

He had been to Canterlot many times before in his travels as a village idiot. He had friends but he also had enemies.

As he walked down the street one pony was sitting in a café stood up and screamed upon seeing him “AHHHH ITS RAY SOUFLET! HE’S GONNA KILL US ALL RUN!”

She ran from her chair but then immediately tripped and landing on stone floor harming possibly killing herself.

Augercorn laughed and ran towards Seira “so uhhh you made it sound like you know Celestia, are you 2 buddies can you just be like EEH BIG C IS me SEIRA how ya doin, HEY we got this problem!”

Sky remembered something and he stopped. His parents lived here and he did not have the best realationship with them. Sky quickly looked alert, making sure that no pony who knew him could see him

Oh right... Seria kept making mention of Celestia without truly giving any sort of details on the whole thing. It's true that the fairy seemed to know the Princess personaly, but it was far from that, really. If anything, Seria barely knew Celestia. It's just that she was pretty close to the elders of her own kingdom that she could compare Canterlot to it.

''I'm not best friend with the princess... But when I arrived in Ponyville, I was the only fairy known throughout the land. Celestia had to do something about it and she allowed me to stay near Ponyville. I have met her since too because of other circumstances, but I'm nothing close to her, truly.''

The fairy would explain. Although now watching Augercorn and the reaction of that previous pony, it did make her wonder if he had anything to do with Canterlot... Glady didn't ignore this either and approached the pony.

''What about you?''

She'd ask, pointing with her head to the pony who fell afterward.

''You seem to be known around the place.''

Sky moved to hide behind gladdy as they passed the one place he hated more then anywhere else. Sky was shaking a bit.Why do they have to live so close to Celestia's castle he thought to himself

Augercorn smiled and one of the kids in his arms said, “yeah you know your way around here I can tell!” Augercorn smiled and nuzzled the child, making the one on his head almost lose balance but she held on!

“I have often been to canterlot in my travels, TIS not a solitary life being a village idiot! And yes I have met Celestia! And shining Amour I did a few jobs for them before. You know going around and finding things, killing monsters"

“MONSTERS!” shouted the child on his head,

yeah but I killed them” “Oh”

“what about you Glady! You ever been here?

So he had experience too. Yet from the reaction of that pony who fell... it was hard to judge if he was safe to be around or not. Glady had a part of her answer, but didn't seem so satisfied with it. She'd be asked about the same thing, though.

''Hm... Haven't been here that often. I never had business with the princess or anything because I never had a reason to. Today I do.''

She'd answer. She had noticed how Sky came to hide behind her, but didn't pay much attention for now since she was discussing. The kids on her back were listening as well and the part of the monsters actually didn't reassure them. Usually Ponyville was a peaceful town and the only monsters that existed were the timberwolves and creatures of the Everfree Forest. Yet it's not like they had seen tons of them... Those timberwolves from that morning were the first one they had even encountered.

''A-are we going to f-fight monsters?''

The younger one asked. Glady turned her head to her on her back with a reassuring smile.

''You guys will be safe! Monsters won't come in Canterlot. And the Princess is here too! She'll protect you all!''

She'd surely ruffle the young one's mane if she could reach it, but on her back it wasn't possible to go that far.

''What about you?... Will you stay too?''

It seemed that those two had grown attached to Glady somehow. Well after all... she had rescued the sister and had carried the two of them on her back all this time. Possibly they felt safe with her and wanted the strong mare to stay with them until it was all over. Yet at their question she had lost her smile for a second before putting a soft one back.

''I don't think I will. But I will come back to you, though. That I promise.''

Finally the foals would be able to smile at her. The brother and the sister seemed to be relieved some.

As for Sky, it was Violet who came to him this time. Seeing that Glady was busy with Augercorn and the kids, she decided to step in to see what was wrong with him.

''Um... Are you okay? What are you hiding from?''

She'd ask the pegasus.

It was rather easy to say from his reaction that him and his parents might not have the best of relationships. Violet looked around even though she couldn't guess which house was his parents' and came back.

''You... don't like them?''

She'd ask anyway. Without waiting she'd look up at Glady and then Seria who was looking at him too. Suddenly it was the earth pony who'd turn around and put a hoof over Sky's neck.

''Heard that. Let's go then! We gotta hurry and tell the princess about what's going on.''

And she'd lead the way with the two kids still on her back. She'd head towards the castle.

Archived