Making the world a safer place (Sign up in OOC thread)

Sky sighed in releif as they passed his old home. He stopped hiding behind glady"Yeah, me and my parents.....Its a long story" Sky said as he lookd at the castle nearby. He ahd always wanted tk go in, and now he could, he hoped

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This problem out of the way, the group could resume its walking as it was nearing the castle. The building was making itself look immense as they were getting closer. The more they'd approach, the more they'd see of it as well as guards that were around. Obviously not every pony could just walk freely around the place. Not many would roam around. They had to have a reason to come over.

It's when they'd arrive at the gates that things would start to become more of a problem. Glady still in the lead could see guards guarding the doors. They were... well... guarding it. The earth pony looked at them both as they looked back at her while she was approaching. Once close enough the two guards would cross the spears they were holding, glaring down everyone who was there, putting them to a stop.

''What business do you have here?''

Glady stepped forward with a frown towards them.

''We need to talk with the princess! There's an emergency!''

She'd tell them. Of course the two guards wouldn't just fall for that. Their stares were not leaving the mare for a second. They'd need a better convincing for that...

''You can't pass.''

One of them told her. If anything Glady didn't like to be answered like that even if they were guards protecting the castle. To her the priority was to help Ponyville as fast as possible. She'd clench her teeth, showing them to the two guards, already about to just... smash one of them into the wall if they weren't going to let them pass. Meanwhile in the back Seria showed herself. One of the two guards would notice her and her wings, revealing a fairy before his eyes. His eyes widened at that, not expecting it at all. Being a guard of Celestia they were told what fairies looked like in a basic way. They didn't need to know everything about them, but the fact that one was standing before him meant that she could very well need to see the princess. They were told how fairies were peaceful creatures and that they would never harm others for no reason, not even invade at all. They were known as pure.

Seria knew about that and so she only had to show herself to them.

''We have something important to report to the Princess... Ponyville is in danger as we speak. Please let us in.''

The guards would instantly remove their spears and get out of the way, letting Seria go through.

''P-please, do so!''

One of them said, sounding rather nervous. Once on the other side, Glady and the others would want to follow, but once again the guards put themselves in the way, blocking it.

''Hey!''

Glady exclaimed immediately.

''We're sorry... the fairy can go, but we can not allow you to pass still!''

One would say. Seria looked at her friends then.

''Don't worry. I'll make it quick. I will quickly report to Princess Celestia... Please wait for me here for now.''

Arguing with the guards was not the moment for that so Seria decided to go without them. In the meantime Glady turned around and got away from the guards with the kids still on her back, rather mad now that she couldn't go in. Violet followed behind, being rather concerned about Glady's mood again. She seemed rather fragile.

Augercorn set the kids riding on him down and went up to gladdy and leaned on her like a drunken pony who needed support and said

"Glady listen to me. we go in there and its all filly fru-fru ****! they care more looking stupid than solving problems. the only ones in there with any brains are the princess Shining, flash, some other gaurds .... and maybe fancy pants. AUGERCORN BE SILENT IN THE CHAMBERS AUGERCORN DONT RUN DURING THE CEROMONY AUGERCORN PUT SOME CLOTHING ON AUGERCORN DONT FEEL UP THE DUTCHESS! well you get the point, we send our smartest guy in there let her do her thing, this all gets done a lot faster! trust me I know!" he stopped leaning on her and looked at all the kids,

"WHO WANTS CANDY! I know the best shop in town!"

One of the guards would briefly look at Sky there. He couldn't care less that he looked bored.

''Unless you are a guard of royalty, then no.''

He'd say rather strictly and that was it. He'd return to his post looking all serious, not caring for anything else. Well he was truly just doing his job... Something Glady wasn't agreeing with, though. Thinking their reporting was rather more important than so many other things. Besides, she wanted to report a few things to the princess. Not just what was happening now.

Glady quickly removed herself when Augercorn came to lay his head on her. Truly this was not the moment to bother her with anything. Whatever he'd say, sure she could hear and listen, but her mood would affect her response too.

''Okay first of all! No one's going anywhere right now!''

She'd strictly say to him and the kids.

''Second!... I don't care what's happening! It's not fair for us all to be outside when we're all into the same boat! Yeah sure, Siera's a fairy and has special rights, but we're with her, isn't that obvious?! Those guards are not worth anything!!''

She'd have to take a pause, she knew she was losing it at the moment, which brought her to look away, seemingly to retain herself from exploding in anger. After what she'd sigh and turn around to avoid looking at everyone with an angry stare.

''This world sucks... No one understands anything! Ponyville's got some sort of whatever shield around it and all of us are now homeless because of it... we want to help and are rejected just because of some stupid rule that these guards have to follow.''

At that she'd sit down, letting the kids go down and slightly away from her.

''Yeah right... Rules that don't make anypony actually learn anything other than 'Oh! We're inferior!' or 'Oh! We better not mess with them!'...''

She'd add, making bad imitations of her two examples just to put emphase on the thing. After what she'd let out a sigh and would look down, seeming tired mentally and wishing this was all already over... hoping there was just a quick solution to the whole thing instead of having to go through an entire process just to find what was right from wrong when obviously what was happening was definitely wrong.

''Seriously I can't stand all of this... ugh...''

She had hesitated to say one bad word at the end... kids were around, she didn't want to influence them badly already that she had almost lost it in front of them. Didn't want to teach them more. In the background Violet had listened to everything and the more she'd hear her friend's voice, the more concerned she'd be. She'd come by Augercorn, looking at him briefly with a worried look before she'd get to Glady and would sit next to her, showing the difference in size that they had, showing that Violet was obviously younger just by the look even from the back.

''We... can always do something, right?''

She'd try to cheer her up with something. Glady turned her head to her before looking back down in front.

''Yeah... right... something? We can wait until Seria comes back... I'd smash down those walls if I could, but I bet it'd just bring us more trouble.''

Glady would answer.

''Well of course smashing down the walls would bring trouble... we're not supposed to do that. They could think we want to attack the princess, but we want her help. I'm sure Seria's going to talk it out with her and we'll have something out of it.''

Violet waited for an answer from that. Something positive! Yet she wouldn't get much... Glady didn't give any answer back. Her anger seemed to have gone to desperation instead as well as sadness, as if she was feeling worthless too. The young unicorn looked away sadly as well, but this would change. Her face would express some determination as she'd look at her friend. She was perhaps younger, but it didn't mean she was stupider than them. She had learned quite a lot with the ponies she was living with.

''Look. I'm sure things will go better than you think. Seria is inside! I think the princess is kind enough to listen to her and do something about the situation! Perhaps she even already knows! We just have to be a bit patient, that's all. Maybe... maybe that you think it's unfair, but I think that things will go fine!''

Somehow Glady would look at her friend more this time. She could read Violet's expression as well as what she meant. It brought a smile at first, then a snicker... which would then end with a short laugh from Glady. Violet's determined look changed to an uncertain one. What had she said wrong, there?

''Violet? I just can't get mad at you... ever. You're so... positive, I guess.''

To be honest Violet looked a bit confused at that answer. All she tried to do was to make her friend understand something, but it seemed like it was still floppy. She didn't know if it had succeeded or not.

''You'd probably cry if I were to be, anyway. It'd feel so wrong to see you like that. Oh well...''

She'd say before raising her posture a little.

''Guess we wait then.''

Sky sighed, he could take all this waiting. Sky took off his quiver and bow and passed them to violet"Hold these please" Sky asked as he ran off to a part of the wall that was unguarded. As he reached it he snuck in through a small hole that he had known about for a few years now. As he got inside he snuck towards the princesses hall. He got to one of the window's and he listen through it, trying to hear what was going on.

Augercorn looked at his friends sad and frustrated. He too a deep breath and said

Ok were going to play a fun game called make a story what you do is you close your eyes and the first person on line says a word, any word than the next another, and you all have to try to make a good story out of it!” the kids eagerly lined up to try

“The” “umm uh tiny?” “uhh cat” Augercorn chuckled and skulked down an alley

he went around a corner to a blacksmith, who was there for quick repairs of royal guard equipment, Augercorn walked up into the blacksmiths den and said “umm let me take that scrap metal off your hands!

the crazed Clydesdale grabbed as much steel as he could and ran off, the blacksmith was taking a nap and didn’t notice. Augercorn then spent the next 3 minutes running around Canterlot like an Olympic sprinter gathering various items. Until

walking thru the rows of children pass glady and violet was obviously Augercorn (his size and weird walking style gave it away) dressed up as a gorilla his “horn” was covered in a top hat, and he had a cane and monocle with a fake beard. He walked up to the guards who denied them moments ago and said “well hello there my friends if you excuses me I have to abolish slavery!

“um, and are you?” asked the perplexed guard, Augercorn replied kindly “why I’m Aperham lincon the president! Now come on let me in" he pushed the guard a side, this set the guard next to him into action; who drew his spear and thrust, but Augercorn sidestepped grabbed the spear ,and yanked, it, while sticking his foot out tripping the guard down some stairs right next to Glady and violet.

hey Gladdy ever jump on sompony’s face and chest like a trampoline when there down? … its fun

two royal archers instantly opened fire on him , but Augercorn predicted this from the start and as soon as he heard the (TWANG TWANG) of the cross bows, he sprung his heals and did a combat roll out of the shots “WE NEED BACKUP! Shouted the archers, and like that at every guard in the area was around Augercorn, the orange maniac dressed up as an ape looked around and one big earth pony guard approached him with cuffs saying “you are under arrest!” augercorn interrupted by grabbing the guard lifting him over his head and shouting “4 Score and 7 years ago I kicked your plot like never before!” he then threw the pony into a group of guards and sprinted at the gap that was made where he landed, Augercorn flipped over the head of a fast Pegasus’s guard who tried to grab him and sprinted off into the street!

“GET HIM! Shouted the group leader

And with that all the guards of that area left leaving the entrance to celestia almost completely unguarded for the time being

What was this pony up to? After their little chat, the girls heard Augercorn speak, but didn't really pay attention to what he was saying. He was mostly just entertaining the kids. Actually what brought them to see what he was up to was when Sky gave his quiver and his bow to her as he asked her to hold it.

''What are you doing?''

She'd ask, but the pegasus was already gone. They both watched him go and climb a wall. Glady rolled her eyes there... not because of Sky only, but mostly because no guards were checking this area. Again showing her that there were flaws in everything again. An assassin could sneak through there and attempt to kill someone! Good thing it was Sky... but if he were to be found by a guard, he could have to deal with dire consequences. Not even a second after, some individual was in a gorilla costume dressed like a gentleman. They couldn't tell who that was, obviously, but it wasn't anything normal... so they'd watch carefully. If that monkey was trying anything funny those guards would arrest him. If they were to fail, then Glady could always be the one to do so. It's only when he would speak that they would understand who it was.

''Augercorn?!''

The two girls exclaimed at the same time. Right after what he'd provoke the guards...

''What are you doing, you idiot?!''

Glady shouted before the guard would be thrown towards them. Augercorn threw a comment at her, which only made her frown even more as she really didn't find this funny at all. As for Violet it was all about getting worried at this point... royal guards were provoked and they had been seen with the clydesdale so they could possibly be chased too!

----Meanwhile----

Inside the castle, the young fairy was indeed into the throne room with Princess Celestia and a few guards around. Seria standing in front of the princess who was on her throne, listening to what the fairy had to say. If Sky was listening, then he would have missed some of the stuff that was said.

''This is why we are requesting your help, your highness.''

That would have been the first thing that Sky would have heard from Seria to the princess. She had already explained the situation as she didn't want to lose any time with it.

''I see... You have done well in informing me about the situation. I had sensed that something was wrong... Unfortunately the elements of harmony are now locked inside the barrier as well. I'm afraid that they might be useless against this as well.''

The princess of the sun said sounding rather disappointed as she had her eyes closed. Yet she would open them to look at Seria and a soft smile would mark her visage.

''Very well. Introduce me to your friends and I shall see to it.''

And just from the corner of her eyes she'd look at the entrance of the room as she had noticed Sky's presence.

''I believe one of them has already made his way up here.''

----Back to the others----

At that point the girls were free to enter the castle as all of the guards decided to chase after Augercorn in the end. This was a good opportunity... but Glady was afraid they would have to deal with some sort of consequences later on. No matter... they could go, but the kids were all still there and they couldn't let them here. Glady would quickly grab a few of them and put them on her back.

''Quickly, everyone in the castle! We're going to see the princess!''

Without waiting any longer, both the earth pony and unicorn rushed inside the castle.

''What are we gonna do with him?''

Violet asked rather worried.

''Who cares... his own problem now. He could have waited, but now even Sky is inside! We gotta notice the princess right now and tell her about everything!... Gotta tell her to stop the guards and Augercorn too... that idiot just went too far when it was decided that we were waiting.''

Glady said as she stormed through the halls of the castle. No guards were in sight so far. The young unicorn's worries wouldn't be lifted just yet, though.

''... I think he did this for you after seeing how mad you were.''

Glady's teeth would clench about that thought. Sure she was frustrated... but right now it's like things were made even worse.

''He's an idiot nonetheless. We gotta reach for Celestia and we'll see after before somepony's hurt.''

Augercorn sprinted down the street he made a weave into the alleyways created by the many shops and restaurants of the posh district, the civilians and shop carts made good obstacles slowing down the guards. Once in the alley he turned a corner and hopped in a tall green garbage bin. He stripped off his gorilla suite, tore it to pieces and stripped the steel bits used as amour from the fake fur.

“Hmm dint even needs the amour.

He heard at least 5 dozen angry princess guards run down the alley, skipping the bin, he hid the gorilla suit at the bottom and waited till the noise passed, suddenly

Creek

A smart guard opened the bin and starred at Augercorn awkwardly

Its me! Triangle man! Got any spare change … to buy video games?” the guard awkwardly closed it and ran off,

Augercorn peeked out of the bin and jumped out scrapping some crud off him he walked out into the main street. The guards were buzzing around he walked back to the castle but was able to ease drop on a guard and his boss

“So your telling me a gorilla beat up 3 of my guards and is evading the entire force?”

The lower rank guard nervously gulped “yes he said his name was Aperham Lincoln!”

“Oh so it’s a talking Gorilla now! I want all these men drug tested and given physiatrist evaluations!”

He had reached the palace entrance and ran up the stairs, as soon as he was inside guards began awkwardly taking there post back up.

Augercorn then made it to the main chamber with Celestia and all the others. He went up to the kids and shouted “HEY IM BACK!” some of the kids gathered around him, but one said “your stinky”

Augercorn walked by them and patted a few on the heads and walked straight up to celestia and got on one knee and said “ummm I know usually when we meet I try to get you or your sister to marry me or something like that… but I got nothing right now. These guys actually really need your help, Also whoever took Shining amour’s place as your head guard kindaa sucks.”

Sky noticed that he had been noticed as he sighed and walked into the hall from a entrnce that was near the throne. As he got inside he smiled"Sorry for eavsdropping": He said to both his fairy friend and the princess then he noticed Augercorn and he sighed again, knowing that his demented friend was probably going to cause trouble

The princess expected Sky to show up faster, but they were all quickly interrupted by another one. At this great surprise, Celestia only stared in disbelief at this as she thought this pony wouldn't come back again.

''Augercorn?''

She'd say with a hoof raised towards her before he would say anything to her. She would lower her hoof afterward as she would retake a more serious look... She could tell trouble was about now. Just the way he arrived inside. Besides, Glady and Violet weren't even there yet. They probably had taken different paths while in the castle.

''He is one of those friends I spoke to you about, Princess... He might not look to have any good demeanor, but-''

''I know him, young fairy.''

This interruption caught Seria by surprise a little. She could see the princess staring at the earth pony. Her look didn't seem to show anything kind, though, as if bad memories were resurfacing.

''But now is not the time to reminisce the past.''

The princess said this time looking back at Seria. It's shortly after this that Violet and Glady finally showed up after they ran all the way there with some more kids with them. Instantly Glady spotted the clydesdale and marked an angry frown.

''You idiot!! We were supposed to wait outside!''

She'd yell at him right away. Instantly the princess looked at the two other girls with a stern look. The strong mare caught that stare she was having...

''Your highness, this pony should be under surveil-''

''Enough!''

The princess raised her tone on the blue mare, instantly silencing her on the spot.

''You all have done enough!''

She'd added before pausing.

''We have no time to put the blames on anypony for the faults they have caused... We have a more important situation to talk about.''

Seria simply couldn't believe all of this... what was so hard to understand in what they said earlier? Her head hung low and she let out a sigh. She didn't have to hide that she was disappointed. Glady and Violet finally stepped inside, both being low-profile after almost being yelled at... Yet all of this nonsense wasn't over yet. A few guards arrived at the entrance as well, spotting Augercorn right away.

''There he is! Your highness, are you alright?''

Once again Celestia kept her stern look on and watched her guards.

''You may dismiss. I am taking care of everything. Return to your post immediately.''

And she'd turn her sight to the head captain.

''I will have a word with you later.''

At that the head captain gulped and bowed before going away with the others. As the Celestia she had returned to her throne and with the use of her magic she closed the door behind so they wouldn't be bothered again like this. She'd look at Seria, seeming to have found her peace again and gently nodded her head. Seria did the same before turning to everyone.

''I have spoken with Princess Celestia about Ponyville... She has agreed to lend a hoof, but I offered that we help. I will say this right now... We must leave Canterlot as soon as we can. Staying any longer could result into us being trapped just like Ponyville is. Apparently it wasn't the only place targeted... but it is too late to do anything to save Canterlot.''

She'd explain, now taking a pause to make sure everyone had gotten that.

''The foals will have to stay here in the castle and will be watched after by the princess herself or somepony else who can take care of that... as for us... those who would rather stay, may stay. This is going to be a dangerous journey for those of us who will head out...''

She'd finish explaining. Celestia was had the other part to talk about.

''Gravis... one of my ancient students rules his own kingdom far away from here... This unicorn has been very obsessed with the protection of the whole world after a terrible incident that happened to him and his family long ago...''

Celestia continued before lowering her head.

''After I was unable to protect them in time...''

And she would raise her head back.

''King Gravis is one mighty foe and has already begun to put his plans into action. He wishes to be in control of every cities and towns to bring them his own protection and will act of his own accord. The magic barrier which has appeared around Ponyville is his doing. It is a special barrier that can not be broken with sheer force or even magic. It has to be deactivated from where it is cast... Yet I do not know the location of the spell... It could be anywhere, although I suspect it is in his own castle.''

She'd finish saying. Seria had looked at her before coming back to the others.

''So it's now or never... Those who wish to remain here can do so... Others will follow me and we will bring a stop to this.''

The fairy said. Yet Glady was rather suspicious of the whole thing... What Celestia had said about this Gravis losing his family after she was unable to protect them. Because of that the king wanted to actually bring peace to the world? Only... of his own accord, without asking the others?

''Hold on a second...''

Glady spoke.

''What's so bad about him wishing to protect the world? Couldn't her highness just work with him?''

Unfortunately the princess would shake her head slowly.

''I am afraid not... Gravis has stopped believing in me since then. He wishes to take control of everything and to eliminate all threats of the world, yet I fear he may be doing a great mistake this way.''

The earth pony listened, but that king was starting to intrigue her. She'd shake her head quickly to come back to reality. Perhaps that it was really better to stop him too... she didn't know what he was really up to, either and that barrier around Ponyville was pretty nasty too. She wanted to go back home, after all...

''Fine. Then I'm going.''

Glady said stepping up. Violet would soon follow.

''Me too!''

She'd say seeming determined. It was now up to the two others to see if they would follow or not.

Sky smiled as he noticed Celestia not pay much attention to the fact that he had eavesdropped on her convo with the fairy. Sky then frowned but grined straight after as he walked towards Violet"Where did you put my bow and quiver?" He would ask her before turning his head and looking at Siera"Dont think that i will let you three go alone" Sky joked as he looked back at violet

It seemed that everyone wanted to go. Truly good... the more, the better. Seria was happy of seeing them all accepting to help. The fairy turned around to Celestia and bowed slightly at her.

''Thank you, Princess.''

The princess gave her a nod and looked back at all of the others.

''I suggest that you make good preparations before departing. Get yourself a good supply on food... I'm afraid that reaching other cities and towns could prove itself to be difficult if Gravis is targeting them all with his magic barriers. It would be wiser to avoid any town for the moment and directly head towards his kingdom. I will show you where it is once you are all ready.''

She'd explain. This now said, the group would be ready to leave so they could make the necessary preparations. Violet had been asked where she put Sky's bow. She seemed to wonder at first, but quickly remembered.

''Here it is!''

She'd say, taking both the bow and the quiver off her back with her magic as she'd give them to him with a smile. Seria would begin to take the lead again with Violet and Glady behind. Before Augercorn could go, though...

''Augercorn?''

He'd be called by the princess as she'd give him a pretty serious look.

''Please behave... Do not provoke my guards again. And lastly...''

A smile would soften her look.

''Help them.''

augercorn smiled back at his the princess and ran to catch up

"all right we need food, beans oats, corn, dry stuff that we can cook on the road with out trouble and maybe some spices and sweets.

"we need gear, maps bags fire starters compasses, slings and tools

we need weapons and armour! .... have any of you ever wore armour before?"

( http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii309/Ikima/flowerteens_zpsf853d17c.png just to give you an idea of what they look like at their age now. Also forgot to mention that fairies are smaller than refular ponies. Not by a whole lot, but it's noticeable.)

Glady chuckled at that.

''Armour's not necessary for me! Besides I'd hate to wear one of those... they look so cumbersome.''

She'd say while following the others. Ah well... This was one aspect of Glady that just couldn't go away. Always so proud of her own strength. At least she was always putting it to good use. Yet not only did the earth pony chuckle at this, but even Seria would let out a giggle mostly because of the mention of compasses and maps.

''And maps won't be necessary either. I know the land fairly well. It's one thing most fairies have in common... We know a lot about the lands on the planet. Besides if we're lost I could easily track us out of trouble.''

At that Glady ran closer to Seria just to be by her side. She'd stop her by laying a hoof around her neck and looked at Violet.

''And what is it that Violet doesn't need in all of this?''

She'd ask with a smirk, challenging her friend. The young unicorn came to a stop when provoked to this challenge. Needless to say she looked uncertain about all of this... being just her and her friends would have been fine, but there were two other ponies around and she wasn't used to that. Yep, she was a little shy around others she didn't know much. After thinking she'd give them an awkward smile.

''W-well I don't think I need weapons!... I got my daggers and my sword already. And... Armour seems heavy... I'm not really strong.''

She'd answer slightly nervous. Glady snickered, mostly trying not to laugh, though.

''Silly, we all don't need weapons! Got my hammer, Seria's got her magic staff of wonders-''

''Oh speaking of which! We shouldn't bring too many tools. I can easily make us a fine shelter should we need one.''

The fairy had interrupted her friend in her talk with that. Seemed the small party had a lot already.

''Let us buy only a few things that will mostly count. We shouldn't full our bags with too many tools... Food should be a priority.''

She'd say.

''But we're ponies... we can eat what's around, too.''

Seria shook her head to that, yet with a smile.

''What if the things we find are not edible, though?''

She'd ask.

''I could always check on them, but given the case we don't have enough food and that the things around us can't be eaten... then we would be done for. Hence why I want us to priorize food before anything else.''

She'd explain.

''As for our weapons, I know that the three of us will be fine. Glady, your hammer is tougher than any rock and metal. it was made by Diamond Dogs, after all. A real luck that you had found it before. As for me I have Anima. The forces of nature are what keep this staff together. As for Violet...''

At that she would look at her unicorn friend.

''Your arsenal of daggers and your sword should be more than enough given how well you can manipulate them with your magic.''

She'd explain and compliment at the same time just to give her more confidence. The young unicorn felt praised there and liked it! After that Seria completely turned to Sky and Augercorn.

''As for you two we will get you what you need. If you are comfortable enough to wear armour, then I would suggest it.''

And once again she looked at Violet.

''I'm sure we could find you some armour to wear. Not all of them are heavy, but it would be nice for you to have at least some protection.''

Violet nodded to this.

''Okay. I guess we'll see for something. It's just that if we need to fight then I would rather be able to move freely around... you know how I am when we battle.''

The young unicorn said, mostly concerned about that. That's why she didn't like to wear anything that could slow her down even if it's just a little.

Oh fine then! All right I’ll go get what I want and ill find you guys soon after!”

And with that augercorn ran off like a hyper little kid.

He ran almost all the way across town till he found a large house, he nuzzled the door a little and then just rammed it down, inside the house were 2 earth ponies reading a book, one was a large strong blue horse almost as big as augercorn, the other a tiny young girl who was the same color as the big stallion.

“Hey guys!

They both looked up from there books then looked back with a sigh they both said “hey augercorn”

“Hey guys you got anything cool I can take?”

Augercorn knew both these ponies, the large one was a famous mythril blacksmith named Rock Crusher, he inherited a special style of blacksmithing that made him one of the best, he had a cozy job designing armor and weapons for the princess, his daughter Smashy Bendy was 16 years old and learning the craft. Augercorn met them in his adventures once he had saved both there lives and avenged the death of Smashy’s mom. He also helped them get to Canterlot when a powerful assassin was trying to kill them on behalf of another blacksmith who wanted there secrets.

Smashy looked to her father and nervously before he set the book down and said “come with me”

the little one jumped up and down in excitement before all 3 headed into a basement.

This basement was filled with fine mythril amour and weapons!

"you remember how we were talking about the blacksmith contest last time you saw us right? Well me and smashy we …”

Smashy interrupted her voice was incredibly high compared to her father’s low almost scratchy one.

“We lost! But only because we went overboard and created something TOO big and TOO heavy!”

“Which is what the judges wanted” interjected her father. “they asked for a blade that would be strong enough to cut a minotaur in half. In a single strike”

They passed several old, abandoned and incomplete works and came up a large object covered with a tarp. Rock pulled it off and Smashy shouted “taa daaa!”

Before augercorn was probably the coolest thing he had ever seen! A massive sword that had to be at least 6 feet long! The pommel was a large steel ball, painted black. It had a long handle with an ergonomic grip meant to fit in a pony’s mouth, but at the end of the grip where the sword guard was a strong looking neoprean strap that was hanging off meant for holding onto a pony’s hooves. The blade itself is vey sharp, and the end was not tapered off that much making it resemble a thick ironing board.

“”Its 3 times thicker and 3 times stronger than an my average blade.” Said rock as augercorn inspected

“and 3 times heavier!” shouted Smashy

Augercorn picked up the blade easier than they both expected, it was indeed heavy even for him, but he felt like he could get used to it easily, he held it in his mouth getting used to the balance. Smashy said “its too expensive to just throw away and too large for a normal pony to buy it, so right now it’s just taking up space.”

Augercorn walked away from then and swung it in practice. The first swing, he accidently hit a full suit of armor, and cut right thru it!

awww yeah” shouted augercorn as he threw it on his back for holding.

“this is nice, I mean this is real great, thanks a lot but do you guys also have anything in the way of amour?”.

Rock looked to his daughter “go get that project you just finished. She nodded and ran to the other side of the room. And wheeled out a incomplete looking set.

“I’ve been making her practice more lately since this is her first set made entirely on her own, its missing the helmet and it’s a little heavy but ill give you this for free. “

Augercorn inspected the armor and put it on, it was a chest piece that covered his collar to lower stomach. And gauntlets that felt a bit too tight. It left his plot neck, biceps and triceps exposed, but augercorn began doing flips in it, it weighted him down a little making jumping a bit more taxing but it barley slowed him down.

“I figure someone with your amount of energy can make that quite effective” said Rock as he guided them upstairs. Once upstairs they attached some straps to the chest piece and a device that can hold the massive sword to it, they also gave him some metal saddlebags to attach to it, and some whetstones to keep the blade sharp.

thanks again guys this Im sure this is going to be really helpful! And I can rub the usefulness into the other’s faces!” Rock quickly interjected “your traveling with ithers?” augercorn nodded practicing drawing his sword. “umm hold on a sec let me get you something” he quickly came back with a cape big enough for him,

“HEY SWEET A CAPE! THIS IS AWSOME” he eagerly put it on and began running around shouting things like “IM BAAATMAN!” before turning to his friends nodding and running out the broken door.”

“I figured a cape would keep him distracted from annoying the others.”

"good call daddy, your so good at stuff like that"

"thanks, now fix this door"

"aww" moaned Smashy

Augercorn had rushed away so fast that Seria didn't even have the time to tell him anything... and he was already gone now.

''I forgot to tell him to meet at the castle again... Celestia will need to show us where exactly King Gravis resides.''

She'd tell the others without leaving her sight from where the other pony left. Well... in the meantime they had other things to do. While this one was away they could always check for the food and other things like that. That's what they would do! Seria shrugged at this... surely they would bump into him again at some point.

Ah well. They went on their little ride anyway. First stop! Food store. Every single store in Canterlot for food was good. Some better than the others, but truly, they didn't need anything fancy. So first store in sight would be the first one to stop at. There would be a few ones in the market place of the city. Unlike Ponyville, these were actual shops inside buildings and all of that instead of stands in the middle of the place. Those would sell quite several different things too. They'd push the door to step inside and to them was revealed a wide selection of many things. Glady whistled at the sight.

''Wow! There's everything in here!''

She'd comment while looking around. Violet giggled at her surprised friend who quickly followed with a laugh. It seemed like all of her troubles were already forgotten with just all the amount of food there was in there! Seria stepped forward before turning to everyone.

''All right. Let's split up! Me and Violet will go around together. Glady you go with Sky and try to find anything which could be quickly eaten while on the road. We'll take care of the rest here.''

The fairy quickly and happily dragged Violet gently as she began to trot away, but...

''Waiwaiwaiwaiwait!''

Glady was against that. Quickly she'd stop the unicorn from going any further by grabbing her from behind and pulling her towards her.

''Who said YOU would go with her?''

She'd ask. Violet didn't see anything wrong with her going with Seria, really... they were just shopping for food, after all. The fairy had turned back to Glady.

''I will go with her.''

The strong mare said now smirking. Seria put on a smug face.

''Oh? And who has decided that?''

She'd ask.

''Well... I did, obviously.''

Glady quickly grabbed Violet again to hold her against her this time... Violet had both hooves up and was simply being dragged, pretty confused of the situation.

''And that's because Violet is just dah best! She has to be with me 'cause we're best friends!''

''Glady... we're all best friends...''

Seria replied right away before taking again.

''Anyway she'd be better off with me.''

''Why you more than me?!''

''Because I could show her a few things. I know a lot on food here, you know.''

''So... so what?! Doesn't prove anything.''

Glady had pulled Violet closer to her again... tighter as well, it was starting to be rather uncomfortable and that could be read on her face, buuuut the two others were just ignoring that fact...

''Girls...''

She'd try to say.

''Oh it proves everything, Glady. You don't even know what to say. You have no good reason!''

The fairy retorted again, smirking as she was getting closer to victory through this stupid argument.

''Girls!''

The unicorn raised her voice to get their attention and managed to pull herself away from Glady's grasp only to go next to Sky instead. At that she'd look at them both, smirking as well.

''How about you two go together and I go with Sky, then? You two are even more of best friends anyway!''

The unicorn felt proud of her shot there, managing to shut theit mouths on that topic. The strong mare and the fairy looked at each other as if communicating through stares before smirking at each other, eyebrows going down as they both had the same idea in mind... Their sights would slowly shift back to their unicorn friend.

''Ooooooh, I see how it is''

That sound she made at the beginning didn't mean anything reassuring. Besides Seria's stare wasn't helping either. Once proud, now Violet felt intimidated. Her plan had failed, obviously and those two were giving themselves ideas.

''Fine then. If this is what you wish, we will leave you two alone. Meanwhile me and Glady will look for the rest. Make sure not to take to looong~''

That tone Seria was using... she was mocking her so much right now, it made Violet become red over her white fur everywhere in her face.

''I-I-It's not what you think!''

''Uuuh-huuuh.''

They just wouldn't give up those smirks. The more they'd stare, the more Violet would be uncomfortable.

''Oh well. You two have fun then! As for us, since we're best friends, we'll be on our way to get everything we need while you two hang around getting the rest, m'kay?''

After that last comment from Glady, the two friends would turn their back to her and begin to walk away.

''Y-You two!! Y-You're giving yourselve ideas!... That's not what's ha-''

Yet all she'd get would be a wave from Glady who didn't look back. Yet at the same time Violet realised she was still next to Sky, talking about all of this... She felt bad about what she was about to say, fearing that she could be rude. She didn't mind being with him at all... but the way they all acted made it seem like they might not want to hang with him...but truly that was just because they both thought of Violet as a very good friend. Yet the unicorn had given them the opportunity to mess around and now they were out of the way. Violet now felt bad, looking down and shy, still marked red all over the face. She'd look at Sky from the corner of the eyes, completely embarassed.

''S-sorry about that, Sky...''

Sky did not know what had just happened, did they really just fight over who went with who? Really?. Then sky remembered what they had said and he blushed a little. Sky was thinking of a way to respond to Violet that wouldnt make this whole thing even more embarrasing or akward. "Umm its....fine"

Ha ha, yeah... It was fine. It was all fine... So fine that Violet just still couldn't move. Although Sky tried to ease the atmosphere with these words, she just couldn't get the thoughts out of her head... The embarassment was so wide because of those two, they would probably mess with her for a long time with that. She was still showing a red color on her face as she looked away trying to figure out how to get herself out of this situation... and Sky too. Heck, he never asked to be mixed into all of this. Her eyes would look around the place while her head pretty much remained where it was. There was this awkward silence placed all over the place, it really made things uncomfortable. She'd come to clear her throat a little, as if to say something or simply add some noise in this uncomfortable silence, yet she couldn't think of anything...

Soon, though, she'd begin to look around at the actual food that this place was selling. They needed to find stuff, didn't they? That could bring a change to her mind for the moment. While looking around she could see them... The two of them talking with each other... They'd even look behind them sometimes just to laugh at her. Everytime she would notice them do so, it would only remind her of everything that just happened a minute ago. She had to find something and quickly! Right away she'd spot a table full of different apples.

''Um... So how about we start getting stuff? Those apples look, uh... good, right?''

That was awkward... But she had to do something. She had asked him this question without really thinking. It was really just to ease the ambiance.

Sky flicked his light red mane over his faceto hide the blush that had formed on his face. With his mane covering it sky felt a bit more comfortable to look around. He heard Violet say something about apples"Y...Yeah" He said to her

He agreed. Good then, she could make a move and try to step out of this embarassing situation. She made a move and went toward those apples. Once there they could see that they were all divided into different bins, each labeled as something. There were granny smiths, red delicious, golden delicious, macintosh, spartan, royal gala... So many kinds. Making use of her magic the unicorn would take a basket and levitate it next to her while looking at the different apples that were there. She already began picking a few of the red delicious ones and checked them to see if they were fine. It didn't take long before she would put a few in the basket. She'd look at the rest of the apples on the table wondering which she would have to take next.

''... Um, which one do you prefer?''

She'd ask before turning her head towards him. In an instant her eyes had gotten big and she immediately looked away, still embarassed. That question she asked was totally normal. Nothing weird about asking somepony what they prefer... Yet with all that happened earlier on everything seemed awkward, even that question. She didn't want to give him false hopes that she had something for him or anything... Besides she felt nothing for him. He seemed like a good stallion, but he was probably even too old for her. Anyway she wasn't even ready for this kind of thing! Violet would so let Seria and Glady know...

(Just so you know sky's age in human year's, it would be around 17 or 18)

Sky was still blushing though thanks to his mane, it was unseeable by violet. Sky then heard the question about what he prefered"Royal gala"

“yes my cape FLOW flow and fly like never before!” said augercorn

he was standing on a rooftop letting the wind catch his new cape and fly dramatically. The wind soon stopped and it flopped down again on his back

“aww”

augercorn sat down and shifted in his new amour. It was incomplete leaving his neck, plot and upper legs exposed. But still this allowed him mobility over a full suit.

I’ll have to find a bigger way to thank them both later.

Thought auger as pulled out his new sword. He looked at it inspecting the edge in the light.

Hmm this is way too sharp even for mythril. The edge will only last for so long! Ill have to be carful how I use this. At least when the edge does wear off it will still be a nice big intimidating club!

He spat the sword into his hooves and tightened the sleeve.

This is a cool way of holding it, im going to need to practice though.

He swung a few times, it was weird to swing with hooves instead of your neck. But it was indeed more comfortable.

Well sword your too big, too awkward, too weird for anypony to want you, we’ll get along just fine

He thought as he put it back. He lingered his sight on his body and looked at his empty saddle bags.

Hmm where can I get some food and supplies … for free!

Cant take them from the gaurds … that are active duty!

The idea came to him it wasn’t a very good one, but it was an idea.

He began to run from rooftop to rooftop heading towards a cozy little manor in the residential district

He was heading to the homes of former commandos now married elderly couple. there names are Buck beserker and shock topper. Despite his name Buck mellowed out in his old age and was pretty much what augercorn thought of every time someone used the term “sweet old man” shock on the other hand, well she thought about the end of the world a lot and had a stockpile to prepare for all things. They had what he would need for this journey but getting old lady Shock to part with it would be tough and take some tricky toungework. Maybe the flowerteens could help? Naw Shock would run away at the sight of a new face and it would take all week for buck to talk her into being in the same room as them.

Eitherway it’s going to take me a few minutes to reach them at this pace.

Archived