Making the world a safer place (Sign up in OOC thread)

Sky sighed"They had made a deal with a group.....That were contracted to kill me....My parents couldnt help it, they had to protect the city......I managed to fight them off.....but since that day i have not seen my parents since.......If they spread the word im alive, that stupid assassins guild will think they lied......" Sky said, telling the truth of his sole reason to stay hidden from them

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That reason as to why Sky had to act like he was dead... simply let Seria frown on the spot. Should he see her reaction or not, she couldn't care very much about it. It was simply infuriating to learn something like this. It was as if his parents had sold him. How could they agree to this? To agree to let their own son have his life be taken away by assassins? Even if it was to protect the city, even if they had no choice... What made it be that way? Yet in a way, she could feel that Sky cared for his family. Thinking further on, perhaps they had a good bond, but had unfortunate events that were forcing them to be separated.

Either way, this was a rather sad story that the fairy was listening to. She would put a comforting hoof on the pegasus' shoulder and looked at him, smiling softly.

''I think I understand. I can assure you, though, that with us you are safe.''

She would say. She would then remove her hoof to replace it on the soft ground in front of her and so would continue to speak.

''It might sound a little weird... but since we are leaving Canterlot to go on our journey, you should feel safe with us. At the same time it makes me believe that this... barrier our enemy is using might actually help a little in this case. I highly doubt that Canterlot has assassins hidden inside of it. Princess Celestia would have known about it.''

She'd say. To be honest she had absolutely no idea if Canterlot had assassins hiding in it or not... but thinking logically and knowing what the princess had done before, she could tell that she would be careful about for sure.

---------------------

Glady and Violet kept on galloping forward, heeding attention to what Augercorn was telling them. Glady had her answer, but didn't give it instantly. Actually what caused her to stay silent was this 'tactic' Augercorn spoke of. The word 'kill' was not something she was using very often and even less putting into action.

''... Even if this was how fairies worked, killing would not be an option unless we really have to.''

She would say rather seriously before another moment of silence would take place. Yet the clydesdale was not done speaking. He had another question. One question that the strong mare could answer easily this time. She would go as far as smirking as well. She would look at him for a brief moment before looking back at the front.

''It's all because of a stupid accident, actually. When I was younger I went to a potion store with my parents because of an illness my mother had. It caused her to become mute and my father absolutely wanted to find her something to cure her, so while they were discussing with the merchant I went off on my own in the shop. I went a little too far, though! There was a cauldron in the backstore that had a mixture in it. I was too curious so I decided to look at it. I was too short, though. I borrowed a step inside the shop so I could climb on it and I managed to look inside the cauldron. I was still too small and hung on the edges of the cauldron... I lost my balance and grabbed the edge, but I just carried it with me on the floor! So all of that potion stuff got all over me and I even swallowed a whole lot of it.''

She'd explain.

''That thing was actually a potion of super strength and was supposed to be a test! But I swallowed too much of it that it stayed permanantly. I got really lucky with it!''

She'd continue on. Glady would then look at Augercorn and then at the hammer she was carrying before going back to the front again.

''You've never lifted this hammer before, right? I found it on my way to Ponyville... it was just there in a forest near some mines, actually. It belonged to Diamond Dogs. That thing is heavy as heck! I bet you'd have trouble lifting it up, even with your size!''

Truly, the strongest earth ponies wouldn't lift this with ease like she does. It belonged to the strong Diamond Dogs, after all. Those creatures were already very strong. Probably that this hammer belonged to a big one as well. The conversation took place during their galloping, obviously. They were nearing the castle as well, it was now in sight.

Augercorn listened to Glady’s story. It was quite interesting. He nodded and at the end said

“wow, how about that.”

But as they drew closer to the palace Augercorn asked a rather innocently

“that’s pretty, but uhh, why don’t you want to kill?”

"Im sure....that i am safe with the group...And the city does not hold assassins, they are based somewhere else" Sky would say. He was starting to become highly emotional, even more so then before

Seria smiled at his words. It would come to confirm what she had previously said. It was easy for her to sense how Sky was becoming more and more emotional. She could only think that the pegasus still had some inside of him to let out. The fairy would give him a nod.

''If you feel the need to let more go, then do it.''

She would tell him. Seria would then look away from him only to have a sight of their surrounding. The tree above them creating a shadow was the only one around them to be this way. The other trees were rather small and not so present. From where they were they could see down the land where the previously walked on. They could also see Ponyville from here. The small town was still taken prisoner inside that immense sphere of energy. It made the fairy wonder for a minute what were the exact intentions of the one behind this. Seria turned back to Sky.

''I think you also have to take your time. Take one thing at a time.''

She would tell him, hoping that he would understand.

-----------------

As they were nearing the castle, Glady stopped very suddenly. Violet who had gone past her would stop and come back, wondering the reason of her sudden stop. The young unicorn hadn't heard the question Augercorn asked very well. However Glady did... and too well. She was eyeing the other earth pony with a sight of questions and even some anger. Her mood was rather very easy to change with everything that was happening... It didn't help that she didn't like Augercorn all that much so far.

''What do you mean 'why I don't want to kill'?''

She would ask him.

''Are you... Are you freaking serious now? You're asking me why I don't want to kill anypony? ... Seriously?''

Despite the fact that the question offended her, she tried to remain as calm as she could, but the hint of anger could be sensed. Immediately Violet would show herself in front of her with a worried look.

''Glady wait... You don't need to be angry for that, please!''

Violet would say, almost begging. She would turn around to Augercorn, keeping the same look.

''I think that this isn't something that really needs to be answered, honestly. We don't kill because it's wrong.''

She would tell him. Glady was already calmer after she was interrupted by her friend. She would look back at Augercorn. Perhaps she was calmer, but she still was offended by the question. She was already having doubts about Augercorn... it didn't help the case now.

''Believe me if Seria was here you'd get the speech of your life about that. Never kill in front of her.''

Glady would say. Her eyes would quickly shift to the castle ahead.

''Come on, we've got stuff to do.''

She'd say as she would begin to walk towards the building, taking it ahead of the two others. Violet would follow behind shortly after her friend left.

Augercorn stopped with Gladdy.

And what she said only confused him.

His eyes widened in panic when she said “speech of your life!” but when she was done he began running again and said

why do you think its wrong? If you look in a history book what are you going to see …. Wars! Ponies kill all the time, Griffons, minatours, dragons, each other. Spike the dragon killed Sombra, and the main six helped him. I’m pretty sure Shining armor and Cadence killed most if not all of the changelings that attacked Canterlot. And Discord; he was never trying kill ponies but whenever he was in a bad mood, or a good one it was said that thousand died! And he’s working with the princess now.”

He stopped talking as he ran by a popcorn stand that had some nice smells coming from it, but kept the pace with the girls.

and Seria’s a fairy she’s all about nature, animals kill each other all the time! All bugs do is kill and eat and mate, and there are way more of them then us, you got bears who will kill anything that goes in there terror, hydra’s and chimeras are like that too. Dragons kill anything that moves! Japanese killing fish! Baboons … uh baboons let me tell ya never wrestle a bloodthirsty baboon on top of the sea-saddle space needle that was just uh not fun dealing with those jerks!”

he spoke all this in a questioning confused tone, you could tell he was truly just asking for her help on a topic he did not understand.

((Okay sorry for the lack of posts. Gonna make a skipping here.))

They kept being on their way to the castle, Glady keeping herself quiet after what Augercorn told her. She knew she would snap if she were to give one more answer to a question she could easily rate as 'stupid'. It was better to avoid that. .Eventually they would stop in front of the gates and Glady turned to the clydesdale.

''Look. Why don't I let Seria explain this to you instead? I'm sure you'll understand, then. Let's go, we've got to join back with them and give them the information the princess will give us.

And with that she didn't wait to head inside of the castle with Violet.

----Jump----

Meanwhile, outside of the town, Seria and Sky were still at the same spot, waiting for the others to arrive. The fairy seemed to have managed to do something with Sky too... As this one seemed to look at least a little bit more positive than earlier. They were more quiet this time around as they waited further. It was too risky going back in the city where they could miss each other and lose even more time. Seria had nothing else to do than to look around... Far at the imprisonned Ponyville at first, then she would direct her eyes towards the close entrance of Canterlot. It's just as she looked there that she could notice something coming out.

Silouhette were seen from there. At that Seria got up and did a few steps as if it would bring her much closer to them. Once those silouhettes would get closer, she would smile. It was them, finaly! She'd wait where she was, being well in sight so they could see her. The small group would indeed then come closer to her until they'd meet up-close.

''I'm so glad to see you all!''

She'd begin to say with a smile.

''Sky wanted to leave the town so I went with him... Hence why I left you all a message.''

She'd say. Glady would nod to her slowly.

''It's fine. We've met with Celestia and she has told us a few things.''

''Excellent! But first...''

Seria looked at Violet when she noticed something about her.

''Violet... weren't you and the others supposed to get some equipment?''

She'd ask. The young unicorn shook her head at this question.

''I couldn't get myself to wear anything... It all felt too heavy.''

She would answer.

''Don't worry. I think she knows what she's doing.''

Glady would say, trying to reassure her fairy friend.

''Anyway... Celestia has told us where this Gravis guy is. It's not like he's hiding or anything... He lives in the country of Centurius. The princess gave us a map so we can get there, at least. Other than that she said that we'd better be extremely careful with this guy. Apparently that he himself can take on hundreds just by himself without any trouble. She's also mentionned that he has a few generals helping him in his plans and that they are all well prepared too...''

Saying this raised some worries in Seria. It could be seen all over her face too... The way this was said, it was as if they had to go and defeat someone who could wipe them out in just a few seconds.

''I... I see... It all looks a lot harder now that this has been said...''

Seria said, lowering her head a little.

''I know... Celestia actually suggested that we try to convince him instead. She said it would be too dangerous to confront him with weapons. She even said that if it wasn't for the fact that he acted so quickly, she would personaly have done this herself, but since Ponyville is already under one of those spells... then it's too risky to leave Canterlot.''

Glady kept explaining.

''And without a ruler, who know what could happen...''

Seria said ending with a sigh. Yet she would raise her head with some determination.

''Anyway... I don't think we have another choice. If we want to get back home, then we'll have to do something about it.''

wow how the time flies when your getting into trouble and checking out immortal princess’s. hey Sky, Hey Seirria, im glad to see you guys didn’t lose my cape!

he said putting his cape back on then posing.

all right so we got food, water, water cleaning supplies. We stop only for bathroom breaks, bacon and for pretty mares lets go!” he said running off.

He walked back shamefully “who wants to hold and read the map?”

The three of them didn't pay much attention to the silliness of Augercorn... Violet gave a quick look, but that was about it, really. It seemed like they were finaly ready to leave to take on this quest. Of course this wouldn't be done without getting there... For which Seria tended her hoof to Glady in a position ready to receive something.

''Glady... May I have the map, please?''

She gently asked. The earth pony gave her a nod and a smile before going in her bag to take it out and hand it over to the fairy who would then open it to take a quick look. It was a map of the world... a magical one. It had the ability to focus on the place they were at as well as to look at anywhere in the world. Celestia owned one of these rare items which would be very useful for them. With her vast knowledge, Seria had heard of those before. She was not surprised at all that Celestia had that. Her friend was not done, though. She wanted to say something. Glady's look softened and became more apologetic.

''Seria, I... I'm sorry about earlier. But now that we're out of Canterlot I already feel better. I mean... this world now pretty much relies on us so if we were to be caught in a bubble like in Ponyville... then what? I was super stressed inside...''

Glady expained and apologized. Seria smiled and accepted it. Without talking she got closer to Glady and embraced her immediately for a few seconds before stepping back.

''I know. I don't think it's anymore necessary to speak of this, though. It's in the past and I can understand.''

Seria said. Violet in the back seemed to look pretty happy to see the two of them like this.

The fairy turned around and opened the map that was handed to her again. The whole world was on it at the moment. Seria put a hoof on a part of it, aiming at where they were at the moment and the map's design would change. The world of Equis on it would fade away and would be replaced with a part of a land; the land they were on. Glady watched and seemed amazed at this little trick. She instantly got her head closer, eyes wide opened at the map.

''Woah! You can do this?!''

This made Seria giggle.

''Yes. It is a magic map. The whole world can be shown on this. It will be much easier for us to find our way with this.''

She would say before pointing at the map.

''We're here at the moment. I have looked a little and Centurius should be south-east from here. It will take a while before we reach this place and...''

She would zoom-out to show the world again before pointing at a watery part.

''We'll have to cross the waters to reach it. Which means we will need to find a boat to board... which would be...''

She would slide her hoof towards a town and stop.

''Here. At Horseshoe Bay. This would be our best chance if we want a ride.''

She would say. Glady was already over the fact that this map was magical and found back her serious once more, yet this time with some more energy.

''Fine. Then if we want to have a chance we'll have to get going and now!''

She would say. The earth mare would then step out a little, looking at everyone. Obviously Seria would lead them. The others would have to be behind or next to the fairy to avoid going anywhere unwanted. That's when she would remember that Augercorn and Sky both said were they wanted to be. Perhaps Glady was not the leader or as smart as Seria, but she was able to tell if this was a good idea or not. She had never seen Augercorn fight, but with how he ran back then, he had shown some of his abilities. Besides, he was a rather large earth pony too, which should give him an advantage at close combat. As for Sky, who she would look at, she kept noticing the bow he had. It made sense that he would take the back, then. He could bring support should they be attacked. Well then it was already pretty much settled. Glady would stay close to both Violet and Seria. She had always been protecting them both, after all.

''M'kay. I think we're ready.''

She'd say before coming back and looking at Augercorn.

''Just one thing, you...''

She'd say pointing at him some.

''Just don't bother Seria, all right? All right.''

She'd say before even getting his answer. After all that time, although she had seen some of his helpful side, she couldn't trust him just all completely. As for Violet she got herself behind Glady and near Sky too. She didn't have much to say, but she'd look at Sky anyway and give him a smile. Like him, she wasn't part of the conversations so much for now and they had spent some time together too... It was awkward, but Violet knew he was a nice guy, anyway.

(Can i suggest something fransh? Can u maybe use colors to say who is speaking, i get really confused with that, same with most of it. This is just a suggestion)

Sky would just watch the whole thing go by, He knew that if he got involved it would only come back and bite him. Sky would start to think about his past. The reason he left, he had always known it would catch him and he would need to talk about it though he never knew how it would feel. Now that he did, it made him feel like the burden had been lifted, but brought back. Sky would sigh as he decided to leave this in the past. That was when he noticed Violet moving closer, by accident or purpose he did not know. Sky would blush sightly as he remembered the events earlier in the day.

( Yeah I can change this, but I won't use colors. Might find it to be more of a hassle than anything. I'll go with another style I used to RP with instead. Also what do you mean by ''same with most of it.''?)

Augercorn listened to the girls and there plan, he wanted to take a look at the map but his map reading skills were poor …at best.

Then Glady came up to him and said

'Just one thing, you...'

''Just don't bother Seria, all right? All right.''

Augercorn being who he was just spoke his mind

“fine ill just bother you the whole time then nuuu!” he said sticking his tongue out and waving it around

he then walked forward and said to her

“you know Glady your one hard to get pony!

he walked forward taking his place at the head of the group, and began walking a moderate pace.

It was a pace that be quickly deducted that at least Glady and violet could keep up all day based on there running skills. And he was sure that Seria would be able to keep up also. Being a long time traveler he knew that especially in a group it was much faster to maintain a pace and move all day rather than taking time for breaks, other than meals and sleep.

He then took a deep breath, grabbed a nearby leaf that was in the middle of falling and blew his nose in it

PHHHHOOOOGHP ….ahhh that’s much better!” he said aloud he threw the leaf of the path so no one would step on it. And began using all his earth pony senses to detect any dangers ahead on the road.

His eyesight was a little blurry at long distances, his sight was still good, he has a wide range of vision and very good at seeing in the dark but many others could see better than him, but his sense of smell and earth pony senses were immaculate, due to intense training and experience.

Glady could only roll her eyes at this. Just for the sake of the others she'd keep her mouth shut to avoid any more drama. She had her reasons to be hard to get... Well... She was mostly just very irritable because of the whole situation. As for Seria, she sighed as she heard them and she would begin to walk after putting the map in her bags, 'following' Augercorn who went ahead.

In the back, Violet looked at the front and followed them as well, but... They wouldn't walk for a very long time. As they went forward, the fairy's eyes would spot something coming in their direction. She would halt herself, stopping the others behind as well.

Seria: Augercorn, wait.

She would tell him since he was ahead and might not have seen them, but could have seen whoever was coming towards them. The figure would get closer and closer to them, only to reveal a familiar pony. That pony seemed to be busy with her thoughts at the moment before she'd stop as she had seen Seria's group. She'd recognise them... She saved one of them earlier in the day! Didn't they say they were going to Canterlot, though? If so...

????: Hey you're the guys I helped earlier. Weren't you going to Canterlot?

It was indeed her, the unicorn with the cloak and the scythe who helped them.

Seria: We know where the source of this magical barrier is. We are on our way to put an end to it.

The unicorn reacted, seeming surprised that they knew. She would stare at the group for a moment, thinking of what to say... yet it was rather easy to tell that she didn't look very happy.

????: Don't do it... Turn back and go in the city. Doing whatever you're doing is too dangerous.

Seria and the others all gave the same reaction, surprised to be told such a thing by someone they didn't know. The other thing was the tone the unicorn with the scythe used. She sounded serious about this.

Seria: Why?... We can't back down now! If we don't hurry then more towns will be made prisoner of King Gravis!

But the unicorn's expression wouldn't change.

????: Idiots... What do you think you can accomplish with such a small number?

Augercorn did indeed see the figure

(his eyes aren’t that bad lol, he just could use a pair of glasses for far away.)

and he kept walking, whether this pony was an enemy or not .. they really didn’t have time and were better off just walking by them like it was just another traveler.

But then Seria told him to stop, which he did, and then they began talking. Augercorn face hoofed himself and said

“I’m sorry partner for disturbing you” he said as he walked up to the cloaked figure

Augercorn always liked a fight but this pony helped save sky, he didn’t want to hurt someone who wasn’t all that bad, and even of they weren’t going to fight she obviously works for Gravis and will report us making things harder ..better to slide on out of the whole situation, He thought

you see we were heading to Canterlot for assignment. were health inspectors!” he said as he showed her a form he always kept hidden away in his messy, messy tail, which still had the stick from earlier held in place by the tangled knots of white hair. It was a old piece of paper that actually had Celestia’s signature on it as well as some messy cursive writing that looked official but was instead just a old order she autherised and he stole he stole long ago. That gave said something about “granting authority to all proper parties and ponies.”

you see we need to go shut down a franchise restraint, king gravy’s! my uhm trainee here is a little thick” he whispered to the cloaked one “she’s a fairy and all about that …you know natural herbal stuff and mushrooms! Like seriously I saw her eat like 3 pounds of poppy seeds on the way here! i don't know how she is alive” he stopped whispering and leaned back “so please were sorry to have bothered you lets all head on our way! We got some safety protocols to enforce! You know make the world a safer place one eating facility at a time!” he said as he walked past her and gestured for everyone else to follow.

Sky would stay silent. He did not feel like participating in this whole conversation though a single thought drifted through his head. Who was this pony? Why did she, or he, not want them too proceed?

"I have two questions for you, Who are you and why do you think we should not keep going on" Sky would say as he walked too the front. His voice had changed from the normal sky to a blank emotionless voice. Right now thats what was required, if he showed he was scared, or cocky, it would only aid this ponies cause more.

The first one to move was Augercorn... daring to get so close to the unnamed unicorn. She felt like he was mocking her already just with what he had said to Seria. She was already on her guards. No matter how close he was, if he tried anything he would simply get it all. Yet all he did was talking. Thing was... these words were total and obvious lies to her. She actually had never heard of anything as bad as this to lie. He had no reason to anyway... Unfortunately Seria mistakenly revealed their plans already. The fact that the cloaked mare had saved their friend earlier gave her her trust already. Obviously the fairy had her doubts now just because of the way the unnamed mare acted. The mare never took her eyes off of the fairy. All this time, holding a frown, she was listening to the nonsense of Augercorn... He really went too far and had to stretch it even more with a real paper. Yet this piece of paper had no value to her, but not at all. Then babbling about the fairies... Well, the cloaked mare waited a little more. Eventually Augercorn passed by... The mare made sure to have everything still on her, which she had. Nothing was stolen... she just checked out of precaution. She still didn't move and kept staring mostly at Seria.

Eventually she would step forward slowly and stop once more when Sky advanced to ask her his two questions. Looking at him, still frowning, she didn't seem to bother so much with him. Instead she resumed her walking, passing by everyone, not seeming to have anything planned, just like she had abandonned. Seria, Glady and Violet all watched her go by, wondering who she was indeed. But she didn't seem to want any more trouble with them. The three girls would begin to follow Augercorn. Glady remembered how she had talked to her before and she seemed to be rather friendly... and yet.

No sound would be made, but Violet would stop in a very sudden manner, leaving out a gasp of surprise. Hearing this, Seria and Glady would turn around and their eyes would widen in panic at the sight they had. Without sensing it, seeing it or even hearing it, Violet had a blade accosted on her throat... The large blade of a scythe was envelopped in a brown magical aura.

????: Watashi wa Miryo desu...

The voice heard was the one of this one mare. It sounded rather serious and threatening too. Glady's eyes would shift to the pony named Miryo. She could see her completely turned towards the group. She was behind them and her horn was glowing the same color as the aura around the weapon. Instantly Glady clenched her teeth, starting to tremble.

Glady: Leave her... Let her go...

She'd ask her. Anything... Anything but this! She had sworn to protect her friend and right now her life was already threatened. Would this unicorn really go this far? It was needless to say that Violet right now was panicking, breathing heavily trying to calm herself as the blade kept making contact with her throat. Probably one wrong move and she was done for...

Miryo: Making the world a safer place... As if Celestia would be able to do this.

The mare would straighten herself, never letting go of the scythe.

Miryo: My name is Miryo! I'm one of King Gravis' generals! Today I came here just to watch one thing!

She said, this time with a smirk. She'd have her eyes on everyone, making sure no one would make a foolish move. Thing was, even if she was hit during this time she could still hold her magic up. If they dared doing anything, she wouldn't give them a second chance... Suddenly behind Miryo something else would happen. A large and bright light would appear, making a high-pitched noise. Shortly after everyone could see a sphere starting to form up, right around Canterlot.

Miryo: And it's this!

She would say while the sphere was quickly closing up, completely surrounding the city. Seria looked with fear not only for the city, but also extremely worried about Violet... Glady clenched her teeth harder, trembling even more... She wanted to move, but had no idea what this mare would do it she did... This was bad. But then, Miryo began to take some more distance before taking a stance and... Her scythe weapon would remove itself from where it was only to come back to her side. Once free, Violet immediately went to her friends and turned around worried.

Miryo: And to answer your question... The reason why you shouldn't be going is pretty simple. You're stuck outside. It's the exact same thing that happened with Ponyville. Staying inside of Canterlot was probably your safest bet!

She'd say starting low and raising the voice as she went on. Glady stepped in front of Violet and also took a stance, dropping her heavy hammer on the ground. She looked furious now...

Glady: How is this even going to help?! You want to make it safer, then why do you go and imprison every town and city you see?!

She yelled out, only making Miryo chuckle.

Miryo: Have you tried destroying those? It'll take you a lot just to even damage it... That way nothing can enter. Residents inside are sure to be safe. They'll be enclosed in these until my king completely takes over!

Sky would be stunned as the pony basically used Violet as a meat shield. Sky's anger would flare. I do not care what the hell you do with me, but no one messes with anyone i care about. Those words would ring in his mind before he made his move. He could tell that no matter what if he hit her her magic would hold, so he decided to try somethign else.

Sky would pull two arrows from his quiver lighting fast, and he also drew his bow with the same speed. Sky would slide both arrows onto the bow at once. Sky aimed for a second before letting the arrows fly. One was heading straight for her chest, though the other had another target. One that she would never expect him to go for.

Her horn.

Augercorn smiled as the cloaked pony walked away. They had probably just saved themselves a LOT of time and energy.

And to be honest Augercorn was just a tiny bit nervous, he didn’t know if he could fight, without maiming or killing. It was something that he didn’t even think about until the cloaked pony changed her posture and got offensive.

He lead the team forward again and thought

But just like the cloaked jerk it was all behind us and now we can move forward and go out and stop the evil “

They all walked forward a little bit and then Augercorn heard Violet gasp a little bit and of course he heard

“Watashi wa Miryo desu... “

Hmm it’’s none other than said cloaked jerk and she answered Sky’s question … in Japanese for some reason. And whoa she has her scythe up to her neck!

Aww *** this is not good.

Then the saw the barrier behind canterlot.

that sucks .. but we knew it was going to happen! …my princess!”

all right miro you want to mess with us?” a slight smirk went on his face as he watched the events around him.

It wasn’t true what most ponies thought abut Augercorn, he wasn’t an idiot. He was indeed a man-child, a bit of a jerk, and a really bad liar! But he wasn’t stupid, most ponies are well educated in a lot of things, weather it be farming, magic, fashion, animals, flying, or even throwing parties. But Augercorn was different all he really knew about, all his practical knowledge and skill was based around combat!

Then miryo got real exited by evidence of her voice change. He took this opportunity to jump into the woods. On the side of the path and he put up his best “afraid” face so even if miryo saw him it would at least look like he was running away.

But he was pretty sure she didn’t see him make the quick lunge. From behind all the ponies between him and her.

“simple plan I get rid of that weapon before she sticks it on someone else. she is clearly a spellsword. who uses heavy magic in tandem with a weapon. if i can disarm her she wont be helpless but it will make things easyer and cause her to mix her fighting style up a bit giving us an advantage.”

Having a gigantic colorful body, and an even bigger personality Augercorn wasn’t vey stealthy. But he did know how to move from cover to cover as if he were under fire. Quickly going from tree to tree till he saw the proper angle to be out of miru’s vision, the hood of the cloak helped.

Also …she had a strange obsession with Seria? She wasn’t taking he eyes off of the fairy. He wasn’t complaining as it made things easier. yeah sure she was a cute. Yeah she was a fairy something you don’t see everyday. but its almost as if she is part of her mission.

Augercorn bounded forward intent striking before she could hurt someone else. It was then that Glady pounded the earth with her hammer making the perfect noise cover. He jumped in the air using all his acrobatic power to lunge at the scythe. At the last second he chose to bite the wood instead of the blade it was a bigger easyer target ;and it would avoid the bleeding from his mouth so he can taunt her later on!

In mid air closing down on the area where the wood and sharpened metal he then saw Sky firing the arrows, with a quick spin he repositioned himself so that he wouldn’t get hit

"this is good the arrows,would distract her from me. or visa versa, one or the other also if i get the weapon I can grapple her little body to open her up for another arrow"

She would smirk... This was too easy. Augercorn was not small enough to just go discreetly. He was larger than them all, so of course Miryo saw him leave. His afraid face? She couldn't tell exactly where he was fleeing to, but would he really be stupid enough to leave them all behind just to save his own hind? Well no matter, he went into hiding somewhere. She didn't even have to take her eyes off of the group to see him go anyway. Yet right now two opponents faced her. Glady had dropped the hammer already, she would intend in using it for sure. As for the other one, he had a bow. He took it out quickly, but took the time to aim his shot. Perfect, then.

http://listenonrepea.../?v=cpnewmSDiYc

The scythe didn't even need to move and Miryo spun on herself, letting her cloak raise as she did. The arrows, no matter where they were aiming at for the moment, would be deflected. They wouldn't go through the cloak, they wouldn't even touch it... the projectiles had simply deviated from their trajectory. While she spun, Miryo also looked around and it's as she looked behind her that she saw Augercorn approaching. Immediately the horn would glow brighter and within a second she was out of reach. What happened is that she had launched herself up in the air, her scythe also following... the ground under her had sprung up high very fast under her hooves acting as a wall too and with its momentum she jumped as well which made her launch herself and land behind the whole group with a good distance.

The three girls turned around as they saw this and so they could face their opponent again. Once more, Glady took her hammer and placed herself in front of them. Seria made her staff appear and Violet nervously unsheated her masamune... Glady stared their opponent off, confused and even nervous.

Glady: How... how did the arrows not hit her at all?! They were a perfect aim!

Seria: It's hard to believe... but her cloak has something to do with it. Arrows would pierce this with ease, but they didn't.

Safe in the distance, Miryo would reposition herself up.

Miryo: You're a quick learner! Yet this little piece of knowledge won't be of much use to you in all of this!!

It was now her turn to make a move. Magic would be cast once more... Rushing in would be a mistake... this mare knew magic and she knew how to use it too well. The ground around her began to shake for a second and right after, many pieces of rocks came out floating around her. They were rather big and also in a good number. Yet this wasn't about to be done... She could throw them if she wanted to, but instead they would all break more and more into smaller pieces until they would become extremely pointy and in even greater number. Those things were not only now spikes, but they were also stupidly sharp. The mare took a position while the others stayed in front of her. Anyway she had them all in her line of sight. One after another, the rocky spikes would be flying at everyone at an extremely fast speed, one after another. Seria, as she saw her preparing the spell, put herself in front of everyone and raised her staff up in the air. The orb would fastly glow bright before a shield would form up around her, Glady and Violet as well as the others who were close enough to her. They would have to be right next to her to benefit from this. As the shield was set up, the spikes would begin to hit it like it was raining. Seria could feel them pushing the more they came. It was actually very hard to keep the shield up just with that.

Glady: Seria!!

Seria: D...Don't worry! I'm... keeping you safe!!

Eventually it would stop... and as soon as it did, Seria dropped the shield, letting herself drop sitting down tired some from this one. The thing the poor fairy didn't know, though, was that one more projectile was left... Just one tiny sharp rock and this one was kept on purpose when Miryo noticed that the shield would be able to completely hold off her attack. This last piece would be thrown at the same speed as the others, Seria unable to even hear or see it coming... But what Miryo didn't expect was for Glady to completely shield Seria by stepping quickly in front of her, taking that shard of rock right into the shoulder.

At the sight of this, Miryo didn't seem to smirk anymore. She was actually surprised... What she was seeing right now was an earth pony standing up and facing her from a far distance with a shard that barely cut her skin. Glady didn't even flinch to this. She looked at Miryo with an angry stare as the small piece in her shoulder would fall off. For her it was like someone pinched her and nothing more. Yet Glady couldn't leave her friends defenceless. Miryo was too far and if one of them was hit by this again, they probably wouldn't be able to stay up. She had to wait for a better opportunity.

“ooh this will be funner than I thought!” Augercorn’s heart raced as she jumped out of the way just in time

he was exited at first he thought she would just be a frail dime a dozen spellsword, but no. clearly she was a well trained well experianced warrior

ooh why! did I not want to fight her! She’s good. Ill have some fun! And maybe practice”

he looked straight into her eyes as she flew into the air.

He observed several things including

1. her height and muscle tone, and an est weight.
  2. 2. He also observed her posture and face, was she having as much fun as he was? was she scared or full of discipline and focus.

Then she pulled the rocks out. While they were spinning Augercorn drew his giant blade

I should of got a shield …what am I going to name you anyway sword?”

he attached it to his hoove, and as soon as the shards went up he held it against his face and sat so the only his blade and armor would be presented to the sharpened stones

not that it mattered, seria’s shield went up and he lowered the sword and ran to the edge of the bubble smiling at his new enemy waving like a little kid

but then he saw glady take a hit, she took it like a champ but it was more the emotional toll. She hit our team first.

“hmm if only I can get my hands on her … that magic will protect her. I could just charge her and attack till she’s exhausted, but that will take too long. No I need to weaken her focus.”

Augercorn despised unicorn magic, that’s why in his mind he became one, so he could fight them fairly. Eventually over the years and lots of training he learned to fight it very proficiently

All unicorn magic starts in the heart, then it flows to the brain where it becomes the actual spell, then it would flow to the horn to be performed. Concentration and knowledge were very important when it came to spell casting and if the unicorn was stressed or distracted it drastically weakened there spell casting ability.

While Glady recovered he quickly remembered his trips to japony, everyone there was very serious, strict and hard to distract. Just like he was sure miro would be.

hmm going to have to go deeper than a few jokes to get her.”

Then he finally got a plan,

hey sky, maybe if we offer her a kiss she’ll give up and be our mare friend? AHAHA. Anyway ever hear about the story of the scared kitty? Or about the guy who punched a boa constrictor that was coming out of his toilet? I’m sorry like I said when we first met easily distracted! HEY YOU!

he shouted at his opponent as he walked forward aprox 6 yards

he shouted so fast that it might as well be babbling nonsense

“Kon'nichiwa, Watashi wa Augercorn desu! sō anata wa watashi ni ikutsu ka no men o tsukuru koto ga dekimasu ka? Watashi wa men ga sukidesu. Tonikaku jibun jishin ni tsuite sukoshi! Watashi wa anata yori yoi jikkō ****e, kabā o toru basho no ****a ni daun aa no kuni kara kite!”

he then spoke in a more confident slow understandable voice.

let me guess. You were a poor, poor orphan no one loved you … for good reason HAH, then someone who could actually stand you came along, good ole king gravy! He taught you literally everything you know and now he is your entire world! and you’ll do anything for him … even though he clearly doesn’t care anything about you! he clearly wanted you out here while he puts up his own dome leaving you out here to die alone like a the miserable little lost stray you are! Hey Glady on 3?”

he said making a quick tactical glance back at his friends the back to his opponent. His arm half cocked into a block and a big smile on his face

As the shards were sent at them sky would quickly start to doge them, he knew that if those hit him he would be taken out. As sky dogged them he would see that seira had blocked all of the ones over their. 'Good, that means i dont need to worry about them' Sky would think. Sky would then see that Seria had fallen down, exgausted. Sky would sigh, but as he saw the last shard sky would gasp. Sky was about to race in when he saw Glady take it full impact. Sky would be glad, and then he turned his full attention back too the pony.

Sky would sigh as the arrows were redirected. He could already see that archery would not help him here. Sky would drop the bow, and his quiver, before he rushed in. As he closed in sky would quickly side step, using his wings to get straight aroudn behind the pony. Sky would then swing a high kick aimed for her horn though it was a faint. His actual attack came from a side punch aimed for the chest.

The shard that had hit Glady fell on the ground, letting itself be heard by Seria. The fairy looked and got back up as she realised what happened. She had been shielded by her friend. She couldn't help it... she had to see if she was hurt. She panicked a little at the possibility of it and came out from behind her.

Seria: Are you hurt?!

She'd ask in a panicked tone.

Glady: Get back behind me! I'm fine.

Seria looked at where the wound was... it was indeed very small, but still. If Glady had taken the full attack, Seria thought that even she could have fallen. Yet there wasn't much to it... Nor did Glady give any reaction to it. The only thing that it had really shown was a small line of blood going down from the tiny hole in her shoulder. Miryo noticed it and it made her pull out a smirk once more with the thought that in the end this pony could be beaten. Normaly her previous attack would have gone through a normal pony, but this one seemed to show a lot of physical resistance... yet not enough to be completely invulnerable.

But the unicorn's attention would be dragged to Augercorn once more as this one decided to speak out. Yet right away she would take her eyes on the group once more, eyeing them one by one while listening to the nonsense that the clydesdale was shouting. Nothing of value, really... he was probably just a clown for this small group. One with a large sword and some moves. She'd look at Glady, then Seria, followed by Violet, who she had easily startled earlier. She could see her being so nervous... And finally Sky, who managed to dodge her full attack. It was a good thing that there were less of the shards on his side or dodging them would have been made much harder, but still, he seemed to be rather fast and flexible.

While staying on place still, Augercorn decided to speak some more to her, this time in the language everyone knows. Was he trying to demoralise her? If so then he had gotten the wrong choice of scenario for this. She would no longer pay attention to his words.

When Augercorn suggested to Glady to go for it at the same time, she eyed him briefly before looking back at Miryo.

Glady: It's a bad idea. I can't leave Seria and Violet by themselves!

She'd tell him. Clearly this meant that she would never leave them in the open. She'd act as their bodyguard for the fight.

Then as Augercorn would turn his head back to Miryo, the unicorn had already began to cast a spell! Her horn was already glowing and it was clearly aimed at him. She had taken this opportunity of him looking behind at Glady to take him by surprise, yet she would sense something else approaching. She would shift to her right and see Sky approaching rapidly. She got in position to block or dodge his attack.. yet the pegasus side-stepped and flew behind her instead. Miryo seemed surprised, but not for long... she wouldn't even have to turn around and a wall of rock would form behind her, blocking the punch... Miryo thought that her opponent would be shocked as she had raised the wall pretty much at the last second. She'd take this opportunity to throw herself out and find Sky again, her scythe already ready to land a hit until she would hear voices coming from behind. Now she'd jump and step back away from Sky to have a look at who was coming and... she just couldn't believe it. That stupid white unicorn was coming towards her, head-on! What was she thinking?! But Glady was right behind her as well so it quickly made things more difficult. Violet would eventually arrive and without hesitation swing her sword towards Miryo. Miryo quickly drew her scythe back to block the direct hit, but another one was already coming from the left and again Miryo would block it. The thing was, these were fast and could be a problem...

Violet kept attacking being relentless, but these were mostly all frontal attacks that Miryo could block with ease. The exchange of blows made them move around a lot, though. Eventually there would be an opening and the brown mare saw it as an opportunity and swung the weapon in it... Yet Violet would gracefully dodge it by jumping to her side and as she landed she went after her again, once more launching more attacks. Miryo would have to multitask this one out then... which she did. She dragged her scythe to her hooves to pick it up and block the attacks. She would then use her magic to raise walls of rock around her to block more effectively. At that, Violet finally gave it a stop since having openings was now harder and took a position while she looked at Miryo who seemed to be still well and intact.

Miryo: Hmhm... you guys are not bad at all. You've also got some moves for being so young. Really nice, even!

Miryo said... Did she just compliment Violet? Truly, Miryo was impressed by how fast and just how well she managed to move around. Close-combat definitely was for her. Yet she looked a little confused as she received this honest compliment.

Miryo: Yet...

Now she seemed to start sounding even more serious.

Miryo: This is still not enough to bring me down. Even if you managed to land a hit, that would be far from enough! It woul- !!

Without expecting it, one of the rocky walls behind her would explode on the impact of something. It was Glady who had arrived and punched through the wall in the hope of hitting her, but since she couldn't see, aiming was harder and on this one she had missed. Yet as she saw her go by, Miryo was impressed by just how much strength this mare possessed. It was simply incredible... to break through one of her walls with this much ease was an accomplishment. Not many could do that! But she had enough... Without waiting anymore she would launch herself away again like she did the first time and would land a good distance behind where Seria previously was. Miryo did a quick scan of the area and managed to spot everyone, even Seria who was now flying in the air for her own protection. As for the field, it was already a mess because of all the rock walls that Miryo raised out of the ground. Yet now it was her turn again to attack!

Even more rocks would come out of the ground this time. Her scythe was still in her hooves and five boulders were floating and spinning around her. More were floating in front of her and were smaller too. Now mutlitasking magic would begin... While those rocks were floating, she used more magic to make spikes of rock rise from the ground. Large ones at that. Those spikes were aimed at each one of them and would appear from under them. The only one not aimed at for the moment was Seria who was flying up. The earth would shake slightly under them. Violet could sense it and did not like it. She would jump out of the way, same for Glady who sensed the same thing. The same thing would begin to happen to Augercorn and Sky too and more than once. Everytime they would move, another one would follow up for as long as Miryo kept it up. For the moment, both Glady and Violet would keep on dodging those together. Yet it would be very unwise to try and approach Miryo like this.

Archived