Making the world a safer place (Sign up in OOC thread)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a few minutes of jumping on rooftops and an awkward spill involving a tipped over peanut stand augercorn reached the manor of Buck Berserker and Shock Topper. For some reason they named there large house horizon manor.

After a quick climb over the gate Augercorn walked past a large hedge and approached the large Victorian 3 story manor that had many windows and gables.

ahh neo gothic architecture, so fashionable yet so antique looking”

suddenly from the left came none other than Buck Beserk carrying a basket of freshly picked fruit

“Auger! Hey I haven’t seen you all year!

the old man was hard to describe, he had light green fur and a black tale and main, his cutie mark was a map military markings. He was old but he still looked strong the muscles and wrinkles created a weird cute image for him.

The old man walked up and hugged his young friend

“how are you?”

“well I actually got a job to do, celestia herself wants me to do this.”

Buck’s kind eyes went stern for a moment

“I no longer have top secret clearance please refrain the details.”

Buck let out a long sigh and augercorn continued

“can I borrow some stuff?

Buck smiled

“sure come on in.

as they made the walk to the horizon entrance buck offered augercorn a piece of fruit and casually asked

“how is Cross doing?

“he’s fine actually, healthy a bit bored at the moment but I suppose going from a commando to anything will do that to you. actually he’s why I was heading to ponyville before I got caught up in all this

Buck opened the door and almost immediately they heard an old mares voice

“BUCK? IS IT THE END OF THE WORLD?” Buck looked at augercorn and shook his head. They walked across the marble floor into a living room there behind many sandbags they could see the top of a old mares head, her yellow Maine the only thing letting you easily see her, it was almost like a cat who was scared of people coming in its home

no its Augercorn!” said buck happily

‘oh augey! How have you been!” the Pegasus mare had actually aged quite gracefully. She couldn’t walk well but was still an o.k flyer. Er cutie mark of a bolt of lightning striking a sword had faded looking like a anchor more than anything now.

“I’m fine auntie Volty how are you?”

volt blushed as the name she insisted he call her as a child came up again “oh things are terrific, we were reimbursed for an old mission we did long ago and I came up with 30 new causes for the end of the world!” she said lifting a brown pad of paper for him to read. Augerocrn looked at a few which included

“water loss due to poor Pegasus circulation, discord temper tantrum, evil giant green monkeys on bladed pogo sticks.”

Augrcorn nodded his head with a smile “some of these are pretty good!

Buck gently rubbed his wife’s shoulder “Volt he needs gear

“why? Is it the end of the world?

Buck patiently said “no, no he just needs to borrow some

“aww o.k well for you auger we can spare anything.” Buck and Augercorn both brohooved and headed across the mansion to the basement. As they went along volt asked

Augercorn its been a while. Have you seen Cross recently

yes very recently. A couple days ago in fact.

“you mean a great deal to him you know. Your like a son to him” she kindly said

buck then opened a door and they went down a few short steps

once at the base they reached what could easily pass as a department store. However instead of shopping goods, the entire base of the manor was lined with tactical gear, weapons, non-perishable food, and other goods a doomsday prepper like volt would have. Many of these things they earned with there former commando connections. Buck went off and shortly came back with a tactical harness and unpacked it saying

I’m sure this is all you need.

Volt flew off ranting more about the end of the world. but buck laid the contents of his harness out and began handing them to Augercorn

lets start off with some duct tape, paracord and a good hammer. Next I these new fire starters I never used should work fine, and some baby wipes ohhh baby wipes you can use these to clean yourself clean equipment, fire kindling when they dry out, and superior in every way to normal toilet paper. Here is my old lock picking kit, not that you need it. some marking paint, a land nav kit. Some survival rope, and this! This is Cross’s old knife can you give it back to him when you have a chance.

Augercorn took the knife; it was a good half serration half blade buck knife with a full tang and plastic polymer handle. It was old but still strong and sharp. He was so occupied looking at his friend’s knife that he jumped when Buck continued

Here’s a standard commando first aide bag. Got tourniquets, bandages slings, swath, and burn dressing a shock stick for cardiac arrest. Armor cutters. And everything else you need to keep some one alive till you can get them to a hospital or healer. What else you need? Oh here’s some flash bombs, a super glue, weapon sprays, umm mostly glue (pepper spray, acid, and the glue can kind of act like a very short range spiderman web that just shoots a mound of very sticky goo where you point it) and my old magic compass.”

Wow thanks buck this is all more than enough. Augercorn packed his saddlebag with his new equipment but suddenly Volt came flying around the corner holding a big plastic tub filled with lanterns.

“I think you might need some more, let me get you some more deary” she flew off

Buck sighed and said “you could actually use one.” attaching gone to his armor.

Now lets fill those other 2 bags with some c-rations.” They walked a short ways and Buck handed Augercorn 2 big bags of oats, and 1 bag of dried corn. “And here don’t let volt know” he handed him a few packaged sweets and a few magic cups that automatically clean any fluid inside them safe for drinking.”

Well that’s all you will really need, for anything i'm sure” said buck proudly

Royal gala apples it would be too, then. Violet grabbed a couple to put in the basket with the others she had picked up. Still red from embarassment, the young unicorn was starting to get tired of looking so awkward in front of a stallion she barely knew.

'All right, Violet... that's enough now! You know you don't have any feelings for him! That's ridiculous! ... He's probably not your type anyway! Come on, let's just get food and speed out of here now!'

She thought to herself. Her eyes seemed determined for a moment without showing them to Sky... Then she'd turn around to him, smiling and already looking better.

''Okay! Next we should get some canned food! Those are usually things we can prepare quickly.''

She'd tell him and without waiting any more she walked away in search of the aisle for those. Arriving in the right one she would look at the shelves as a few options were offered to her.

''Aww... I don't know what we should take. We should get something that everyone will like.''

She said. She seemed to be better already, not so concerned anymore with the game her friends put her in. On the shelves they had various canned food. Some were mixes of vegetables, others with fruits, many different kinds of soups too.

-----

Meanwhile the two others were in their part of the store too, having already a basket full of stuff. The fairy looked at it while Glady was holding the thing in her teeth.

''Yu go' e'ry'hing yu 'eed?''

Glady spoke through her teeth, making it almost uncomprehensible. Seria kept inspecting to see if they had enough... It was rather well loaded there. They should be fine.

''Hmm... How about we find us some sweets too? Sweets are always good, after all!''

The earth pony rolled her eyes at that... for her the basket wasn't heavy, no. It was just cumbersome and annoying to hold all this time. She wanted to spit it out.

'' 'Ow a'out we 'et done with 'ish?''

She'd ask.

''Not so fast, Glady! I feel that we are forgetting something...''

''Yu a'ways 'heel 'hat... 'on't 'horget 'Iolet ish al'ho hel'hing.''

Glady said, somewhat irritated.

''But what if she forgets something?''

Seria spoke before bringing her hoof to her chin, being all thougtful looking. Glady frowned... she was just making her patience grow thin at this point and she did not find it to be funny at all. She simply had enough and put the basket down on the floor.

''LET'S MOVE ALREADY!!''

She yelled out in her friend's face as well as in the whole store. Everypony inside the place could hear her shout, even Violet and Sky would hear this one very well. Glady was face over Seria's who had gone down, easily intimidated by her friend's yell and angry stare. Seria stared back with her eyes wide opened. She had expected a reaction from her, but not to be this loud and violent... Everyone around had stopped in the store to look at them. Seria looked around in silence with her eyes to see the crowd observing them and cleared her throat before slowly getting back up with Glady backing away just a bit, yet not putting that stare of hers away.

''We... I think we have everything, now. We can go and pay...''

The fairy turned around, feeling guilty of something. Never did Glady ever go this far with her even after all the jokes she had played on her... Something was off. Terribly off... The spectators around kept looking at the blue mare, yet when this one would stare at them, one by one they would go back to their things and would leave them alone. Glady took back the loaded basket before following Seria again.

VOLT! HONEY” shouted Buck as he and Augercorn made there way to the staircase

“WHAT!” shouted the old mare at the end of the massive room. “WERE GOING UPSTAIRS!” “O.K TELL ME IF THE WORLD STARTS ENDING!” Augercorn smiled at that one,

in a way he was kind of jealous of Volt, she had Buck who loved her and would stand by her no matter what quirks or problems she may or does have. Him and buck headed back to the front yard of the manor “you know back in the day when all me and cross first added Volt to our commando team I hated her, thought she was a spas and just over thought everything. She always liked having the right gear, now I suppose she just does it to pass the time, I suppose we all need something to do with ourselves.”

aww don’t talk like that Buck the world needs you now more than ever”

buck chuckled “I’m glad you think that NOW you go and carry out your mission, If you or your friends need anything! More gear, a place of stay you know you can come to us right”

Augercorn walked off turned his head and smiled with a nod before jumping over the fence again

Augercorn slowly walked down the street passing mansions and fancy buildings thinking deeply,

Cross, the stallion who taught me everything good I know, he would want me to do this. His old squad mates Buck ,volt, and the one who died and they all have a hard time talking about,; they meant everything to him. He would want me to do the same.

Celestia’s last words to him rang in his head “help them” rang in his head.

“I will”

Augercorn climbed a rooftop and began heading to the market district “o.k simple detective work, the floweteens never been here before so they would probably head to the most eye catching store. Probably the one closets from there way to the castle also.

After a few minutes of jumping from rooftop to rooftop (it took a little longer now that he was weighed down with so much stuff) he reached the shopping district, after that he briskly walked down the street heading towards a store with many colors and large signs. He looked in the window to see Glady and Sierra.

“hmm I hope they got some good stuff “he said as he waited outside for them”

Unlike Violet, sky had not yet recovered from the position that glady and siera put them in. His mane was still covering his blush, " I would say fruit mixes nut you know the other two better, you should chose" Sky said with a slight stutter, it was barly noticeable but it was noticeable enough to notice.

From all across the store... The filly had heard too well this sound. Way too well to ignore it. While she was looking at some cans on a shelf, she quickly pulled her sight away in the direction from where the cry came from. This, out of all the yells she had heard from her best friend, had to be the most frustrated one. Not only was this the loudest and violent one she had heard, but she could easily tell that it was directed at her other best friend. In an instant the store in a whole became completely quiet and devoid of all sounds. Minutes before... just minutes before, this strong mare who used to always laugh or be fully energetic, the same mare who had decided to pull a prank on the young Violet had lost it. She knew how she had changed during the day, how something was bothering her much. She had to say... she simply hated to see her friends sad or even angry. Violet was a very sensitive pony on that part. She just wanted them to smile all the time, to have a good time. They had always been helping each other in the past and held together no matter what.

''What a lack of demeanor, this young lady has.''

One pony said in a whisper as he passed by them.

''Who lets those ponies around? This is unacceptable!'' ''What is wrong with her?'' ''Let's go home soon, I'm scared...'' ''Why do they allow ponies like that in the city?''

All sentences that Violet could hear one by one as other customers would pass by, from aisles close to the one she was in. Even ponies who were leaving the store were being spiteful at Glady while she couldn't hear them. Others would even just downright insult her in her back. Augercorn should be able to hear them.

Violet walked away from there. She had left the basket behind and looked around from afar, trying to look for them. At that point it was like she had forgotten she was supposed to pick up some food. She was simply too worried at the moment, given how sensitive she was. It was rather easy for her to imagine the worst out of these scenarios.

----------------

At the front of the store, Glady and Seria made it to the cashier who would stare at them both in silence before shaking his head slowly. Seria would put the things there for him to check and count them. He wouldn't say a word. He'd just stare at them whenever he could, hoping to make them feel guilty of something. The fairy didn't bother to look at him. She looked away instead. The two of them were quiet. Glady didn't seem to look so happy anymore as she was still thinking about how she was being played with when for her, time was at stake. They had to do something as fast as they could.

''... One of us should go and find Violet and Sky... We'll be fine with this, I think...''

And without a word Glady turned around to go and find her friend while Seria was dealing with the cashier. This one watched the blue mare walk back in the store and looked at Seria after. The items were all passed now.

''137 bits.''

He'd say. Seria looked at the amount after she heard it, her eyes opened wider unable to believe this.

''137?! But... I don't walk with this much money on me!... How is this so expensive?...''

The cashier shrugged.

''I'm fairly sure that we had calculated to have enough...''

Seria said, only to have the cashier shrug again. Stress was getting to her. She was still under the shock of what happened minutes ago, so of course she hadn't recovered yet. Now this? This was just making her uneasy. Besides other customers were waiting behind to pay. They didn't seem like they were in a hurry, but Seria was thinking she was just wasting everyone's time now. Things were looking bad. They were so close to be out of this place and at the same time... not.

---------------------

Glady had left Seria behind so she could be in search of Violet. It didn't take long before she would find her, though. Violet hadn't moved from where she was and could see her friend coming towards her.

''We're leaving. Get your stuff and we're heading right to the counter. Seria's already paying for what we gathered.''

Glady said as she got to her friend. Violet looked at her with a worried look.

''What's wrong?...''

Glady asked noticing the stare.

''N-Nothing... we're coming.''

Violet answered quickly. She took back the basket she had dropped with her magic and looked at Sky too.

''Let's go.''

She simply told him. They'd walk all the way back to the counter, then... Where Seria was still there with the cashier waiting to pay. At first glance, Glady quickly wondered why she was still there. Paying wasn't so hard, after all... and she said that she would have enough anyway. So why wasn't it done? The things should all be in bags, but they weren't. Was the cashier just as fast as a snail? If so why did they even hire him? Well they'd get the answer to this question as they would get closer. Instantly Violet would notice the look on Seria's face. She seemed lost and afraid, looking for a way to get out. She just couldn't see her like that... she had to run to her.

''Seria!''

The voice of the young unicorn reached the fairy's ears and this one would look at where she was. Just seeing her was already a relief.

''Hey, hey you have to get in line!''

The cashier would say when Violet showed up. Yet this time Glady would be the one to come in and got closer too.

''You shut your trap and do your job already! All of this should be wrapped!''

She said clearly to him, raising the tone on him.

''If she had enough bits, then yes it would be done!''

The cashier retorted back.

''Wah-?! What do you mean?!''

The cashier would point at the total of the price they had to pay... the same number was there. 137.

''137?! How is it that much!?''

''That's just what it is! You gotta pay or you leave!''

At that sort of retort Glady clenched her teeth, frowned of an angry stare and stared up at the cashier. This guy wasn't helping the cause at all. Of course now all of the customers would begin to worry and become impatient. They'd whisper between each other. Seria was hearing them mumbling, though unclear, it was as if they were all complaining about her and her friends because of a fight at the counter. Even though Violet was by her side, it wasn't enough to contain the amount of stress she was living. She began to breath heavily under the pressure of all that was happening. Still under the shock from earlier, customers whispering and becoming impatient and now Glady arguing with the cashier. Plus, she didn't have enough to pay. All those thoughts would be crossing her mind over and over until she would simply snap... She got up on her hind-legs and retracted her forelegs before extanding them to push down all of the food that was on the counter with one scream. Then right after that she would run for the door and leave the place, passing by Augercorn, yet just running down the street and stopping once she was far enough from the store where she would sit down, able to breath fresh air, far from the confrontation. Still... although out, now she could at least release the next thing that was inside of her. She'd cry... She'd cry in confusion, not so certain what to cry about, but she just felt like it. The pressure she lived back there just all came to her too fast, after all.

Glady, the cashier as well as Violet were all taken by surprise by the sudden reaction the fairy gave. The front of the store was a mess with all the food spilled on the floor. Even the cashier didn't know how to react at this. He kept his mouth shut as he watched at the door. When he came back to who was in front of her, the only thing he would see next was a blue mare with her hooves raised up holding a basket which would instantly come down on his face, stunning him and making him fall on his flank.

''Guys we're leaving... screw the food!''

Glady said before heading to the door. Violet looked at Sky behind her before also heading to the door so they could finally get out of there.

((Yaaaay drama!))

Sky was shocked from the whole scene that had just happened, had Seira, the little fairy that he had fought that manticore with, just thrown a rage? Why? Sky was standing shocked, a bit more shocked then the other's. He snapped out of it just in time to see violet look at him and run out the door, after the little thing he presumed. Sky saw the casher on the ground, stunned. Sky offered him a hoof and got him to his feet. If Seira had just asked Sky could of payed for them, he easily had enough, and enough influence, well, family influence. Sky picked up all the food and asked the casher to hold it for them. Sky was about to do something he was not normally brave enough to do, but this was important.

Sky flew straight past Glady and the rest though he was flying high, you would only have been able to see his shadow or, of you were looking up, you would have seen him. He flew straight to the house he had been afraid of earlier.

Sky knocked on the door, waiting patiently for them to show up. Instead of them, a pony in a black suit appeared, a butler. "Who are you here too see and what is your name?" He would ask sky

Sky would say in reply"How could you have forgotten me? Im the son of the owner of this house, Skyzipper"

The butler would look a bit doubtfull, until he heard the name skyzipper "Mister skyzipper, you ran away from us, you expect them too waste there precious ti"He would be cut off by being suddenly interrupted by a pony walking to the door"Ah, master Zip" He would say

Sky looked at him, standing there was a Pegasus that couldnt fly due to a bad wing. The wing was visably normal though the bones in it had weakened since a bad accident he had had years ago".Hi dad" Sky would say

Sky's dad(who is called Windzip) looked at the Pegasus who claimed to be his son. As far as He was concerned, he had no son."My son left me when he was only a little kid, what business do you have, coming here AND IMPERSONATING HIM?"

Sky was surprised, his dad had seemed to recognise him though it seemed he.....thought he was dead? Sky started brain storming, he needed a way to remind his dad, something only he knew. Sky suddenly remembered, something his dad had said to him. Back when he had stayed with them, a day or two before he had run away""Anythings possible, you could fly through the cosmos or go through Tartarus unhindered, all you have to do is believe"

That was when Windzip smiled, and he finished it off with "As long as you believe, you will find your way home, i told Skyzipper that two days before he left, that was when he had told me he was leaving. Its really you"

Sky smiled as his dad remembered him. Looks like he had missed him the whole time"Iv missed you dad, im living in Ponyvile now but i....have a problem. A massive barrier has gone over the town, it is preventing anyone to get in from the outside. The same thing is going to happen here unless me and my friends can get too the pony who is doing all this"

Windzip smiled as he looked at his son "Thats horrible, though im glad your safe. If i can help, just say so"

At that point sky was over the reunion, for him it was time for them to get down to business"Thats why im here dad, i need a odd 200 bits to pay for all we need"

Windzip looked at his son and smiled again. He was happy that his son had so much determination to get this done right, he was proud of him. Windzip walked inside and went to his vault.

Sky smiled, it payed off to be the son of one of the most influential ponies in canterlot, it meant that if he needed help it would be easy to get, at least, thats how it should be. Sky's smile faded as he thought of what he had to do next. He didnt want to do it, though he had too

As Windzip came back with the money, all put into a pouch he sighed, knowing now what was going to happen "Its been good seeing you squirt, il tell your mother y"

"No, she cannot know, If she does she will look for me, i dont want that" Sky said, tears going down his face

"Alright son, i hope you come out of this un injured, if you ever, ever need anything, don't be afraid to ask. I hope i see you again, and that next time you can come home, even if it is only for a day" Windzip would say, wanting to cry though he held it in, for his son.

Sky took the pouch and looked back at his dad, Sky's face was not damp, it was sogged wet with tears. He managed a weak smile before saying "Sure dad" And flying off slowly, towards where the shop was. He passed by glady and the rest on the way, though he didnt look at them it was easy to tell he was crying, a lot. Sky was going very slow, flying the speed of him walking, towards the shop so he could get what they needed to save his home, to save their home, to save his parents home.

(How was that? Best post iv done ever, in any RP's)

(Good stuff r.b a little strained but good)

Augercorn leaned against a pillar to the store waiting for them to come out.

He let out a long sigh and mopingly looked at the cement ground

why am I feeling like this? Not like myself. Is it Buck and Shock reminding me of who I really am? Maybe. Is it the fact that I’m dedicating myself and working with Seirra and Glady who I know aren’t to fond of me?

What about violet … ah she doesn’t talk to much anyway”

Suddenly he heard a loud noise from inside a scream! Augercorn stood up and bit his sword holding it ready to draw for whatever trouble may come.

But instead it was apparent that the snobs were just worried about a loud mare inside. But the fact that it was one of the flowerteens startled him.

Maybe there finally loosing up?

Augercorn let go of his sword and saw them come up to the counter. Suddenly he saw they didn’t have anymoney

Heehee that’s why id dint go to the markets, …AW **** I might have to be the smart on this one! … welp! Better get them some cash!

Augercorn was about to approach a snobbish shopper from behind and either snatch there purse of just mug them outright for it when he saw serria run out

“help them”

Augercorn chased after her, she was fast. But Augercorn quickly caught up and saw her catching her breath crying, she was all alone. After a few seconds of catching his bearing and looking at her face he slowly walked forward and said

our mind is a world, similar to this one, the real world. but it exists only to us, no matter how much we study words and expressions it will never truly capture our minds. A world unknown to everyone except ourselves”

if no one exept ourselfs can see it, feel it, does that even mean its not real? I like to think, that our pain isn't real, our anguish and all the things that hurt arn't real.

“ kind of funny an entire world, but there are only so many incomplete ways to describe it and tell those you care about it. However would you care to try? For me?

It was hard for a pony to take all of what happened in just one shot. Of course Seria would cry it out. The street she was in didn't have many ponies around and not so many buildings altogether as well. A few houses, really. Fancy ones at that too, but that wasn't important. She didn't really choose a place to cry at, as long as she was a lone it was fine. She looked at the street through her blurry eyes full of tears. The ground was moving everytime she was sobbing and breathing as well as gradually getting wet by the falling tears. Lost in her mind, she would be interrupted as hoofsteps were heard from behind. She'd turn around only to discover Augercorn there, yet would immediately turn back to hide her pained visage.

This one spoke to her about the mind being a world of itself. She tried to listen to what he had to say where at the end she wasn't crying as much.

''... But when your friend is screaming at you... it looks more real than you could ever imagine... so-''

She'd interrupt herself before she could continue, wondering if this was right to say this.

''... Something is wrong with Glady... I know her well enough to say that she would never look at me so furiously... She has been acting differently today.''

She'd end up saying.

Glady and Violet headed outside and were already running towards their friend. They both could see Sky pass by pretty fast. What did he have in mind, though? They couldn't tell, yet so far the pegasus had never done anything stupid... well the sonic rainboom was pretty dangerous, but other than that they could trust him on whatever he was doing. Meanwhile they could take care of Seria.

''Seria!!''

Seria could hear her name being called from afar by the same voice who yelled at her, only this time she heard the concern in this voice. She got back up before turning towards the two girls who were rushing to her.

''Are you okay?''

Glady would ask once close enough. They'd notice Augercorn too. So he managed to find them, that was good. Now only Sky was missing. The fairy didn't give much of an answer to Glady's question, though. She only looked down trying to find the right thing to say. Glady was starting to show herself impatient in her expression, but decided to contain it. Finally Seria would look up at her.

''What's wrong with you?... I... I can't read you at all today. One minute you're up for a laugh... the minute after you lose it a-...after me a-and... And now you're concerned about me?''

So that's what was happening. The way Seria said it reached her friend, mostly because of the sadness in the voice. Seria wanted to cry again, yet didn't. Glady didn't seem to really have that on the mind, yet it was striking now. Earlier she just hadn't realized. She went with her feelings on the go and that was it, yet now she was starting to realize and felt the guilt enough to look down ashamed of herself.

''I'm worried... I'm stressed.''

Glady began to say. She wanted to explain why, yet for her time was still at stake. She didn't want to stay in Canterlot now. She wanted to be out as soon as she could.

''Can we talk about this later? Look... the princess said it herself. Canterlot might be taken in one of those giant sphere too. I-I don't want to stay here with the risks that it could happen any moment now!

Glady spoke very seriously about this. This is something Seria could understand well. Meanwhile it seemed that Sky was coming back. He passed by them and it was easy to notice that he had lived something too now. While Seria and Glady were busy talking with each other, Violet would be the one to walk off after Sky. She thought it strange for him to just not stop with them.

''Where are you going, Sky? Did something happen?''

She'd ask him while following.

Augercorn noticed sky and violet

aww how cute! Maybe I can retain my insanity by making fun of them and secretly forcing them together …. Yeah that will be fun, but now Glady and Seria

o.k o.k, so seria’s …mad well not really mad, upset at Glady who is acting different … does this mean she’s not always an angry meanie weeny? Good?

Anyway she’s acting different and saying its stress, BUT CLEARY its not.

This may or may not take a long time to patch up BUT

Augercorn swallowed some spit wetting his throat slowly approached and said

stress, once you learn how to properly use it; is the ultimate tool. It can make you stronger physically and mentally … I know it took me a while, but if you can learn to use that stress and focus it on your enemies at the right time, and at the right moment. Well lets just say this gravis guy is going to be whishing he did a few things differently.

But we all know something else is bothering you, maybe we BOTH don’t know what it is yet. feelings kind of suck like that, Either way we all need to take our pain and find strength in it! Now do you have the food and special equipment you feel you may need for this journey?”

Augercorn thought to himself

I hate being the smart one, maybe if we have time I can steal all the cheese in the city or dress up like a giant demon chicken and mess with people, yeah something fun like that, if we have time"

Sky didnt stop, right now he was lost in his own guilt and sadness. He flew along slowly towards the shop's. Sky was still crying, it was very obvious that something had happened. Sky didnt even hear Violet, he was too isolated in himself to hear her.

It was true. Glady was not very fond of Augercorn as of right now. She didn't get a first good impression of him at first. Now he tried to talk to her about stress. If anything, only her adoptive parents as well as her friends could try to put her back to her place. They were the ponies who counted the most to her and she was pretty stubborn with others in general. If Violet had been the cashier back there... she surely wouldn't have received that basket on the head. The why she yelled at Seria like that was very exceptional and she even regretted it. Yes she was stressed... yes she was worried. No, she had no real idea on how to handle it. When Augercorn adressed her, she stared up at him already frowning.

''Yeah I'm stressed and I'm worried! I'm nervous and full of **** right now! I don't know how to think properly! It's a mess in there!... I know my friends enough to trust them if they say I'm not the same as usual and... they're right about it! I want to change this!''

She turned herself completely towards him and lower her tone.

''You want to know why I'm so worried and nervous?... 'Cause I feel like this world actually needs to change! With the years I've noticed how danger seemed to grow everywhere! I've been defending the town the best I could with Violet and Seria because we know we have the ability to and still, it's never enough!!''

She had begun of a low tone that would only raise as she would go, getting slightly closer to Augercorn everytime, never putting her sight away from him.

''Besides what the hell do YOU know about that Gravis guy!? If he can put those magic spheres all around several cities and towns, then he's no one we should underestimate, that's for sure! Here I'm tired of seeing all of this happen, to think that peace may never actually happen! I'm starting to think that something is wrong somewhere... AND I FEEL LIKE I'M RIGHT!! THOSE SPHERES ARE THE PROOF!!''

She yelled before taking a pause, taking the time to breath now. Again emotions weren't being controlled... Because all of this mess in her head was not because of Augercorn, no. It was all her own doing, her own negative thoughts. Augercorn never triggered that... She barely knew him. Having breathing some, she wasn't done yet.

''And no... No we don't have the food, because this jerk of a cashier decided he wanted us to pay something like double the price we were supposed to pay!!''

She'd tell him, pointing at the store behind them, before pointing at Violet to immediately continue.

''Which means we didn't have time yet to get Violet some protection to wear!...''

At that bit, her eyes would even start to become wet, her voice slightly trembling.

''And I swear to you that if ANYTHING happens to one of my friends that I will explode!...''

''Glady please... that's enough now...''

Seria wanted to stop this, hence why she now told her friend to cease.

''It would be best to talk about all of this once we are out of Canterlot... what you said is true. The princess said that Canterlot could be the next target. Let us move on.''

She said. As for Violet, she was still near Sky who apparently didn't even hear her. She got worried, noticing how he was crying. About what, though? Hopefully it wasn't because of that quarrel Seria and Glady had back there.

''Sky?...''

She tried to call. She'd turn to look behind when she heard Glady lose it again. It really wasn't their day today...

''Girls! W-wait for us! Sky doesn't seem too well either...''

This had gotten both Glady and Seria's attention there. They looked back, Seria mostly while Glady was just trying to cool it down with herself. Yet she didn't want to leave the earth pony with the other earth pony.

Sky still didnt hear anypony, he just trotted on slowly towards the store. As he arrived he walked to the counter and through him 139 bits, the amount he needed to buy the supply's he needed. As he accepted it he walked outside and sat down, he put the food and the rest on the ground. He then stood up and sat against the wall, and started crying more then he was before.

Augercorn walked pass Glady and turned his head back saying.

“you have a warriors heart, your body and your mind need what your feeling right now.

Come on lets regroup then I can bring us all to a place that can get us gear for free.

Augercorn walked away

If they followed Good, if they didn’t they would be alone and maybe Glady would listen to her friend. Even better

Glady was pretty much over with her rant. She didn't have more to add to this and what Augercorn did and said left her speechless. She expected something else from him when in the end he seemed so calm even after he had just gotten yelled at. She lowered her head slightly, looking down at the ground still frowning as she was wondering if her anger right now could be justified or not. Augercorn didn't do anything to be yelled at this time. He had also spoken of a place to get them gear for free. She didn't show much of a reaction, but was rather intrigued. If they could get Seria and Violet something, then she'd already feel more secured.

''Augercorn, please wait for us!''

Seria called to him before looking behind her again at where Violet and Sky were. She did notice how Sky came out with what seemed to be what they were supposed to buy and from here she could hear his cries. Violet was already sitting next to him, feeling his sadness from whatever it was. Being the empathic type, the young unicorn had wet eyes too. Hearing the hoofsteps of the fairy who was now approaching, she'd look at her with a look pleading for help as she didn't really know how to handle this one. Perhaps that with Seria around, she'd be able to find the right words. Now Seria looked at the supplies on the ground which were all wrapped in bags before looking back at Sky. She'd take a few seconds just to be certain that she would be calm enough to talk to him. After all that she had lived she needed it.

''Sky... Did you buy all of this?''

She'd ask him as a first question, now needing to wait for an answer.

This time sky would hear whoever was talking too him, though he was too sad from what had just happened to talk. He kept crying but nodded his head, symbolizing that he had indeed bought all they needed. He then threw the money pouch over to where the shopping was, showing he had some spare. The whole time, his head was down.

as asked he waited up for the girls and togther they found sky

Hmm looks like I really do need to be the stable one

*&^%

augercorn picked up the coin purse and put a decent amount of the food in his saddlebag space. He handed a share to the girls who had saddle bags. He handed the coin purse to Seria.

I may have to be the stable smart one! BUUT SHE IS STIL THE LEADER!

he then took off his awesome cape and wrapped it around sky like a blanket. and sat down on the other side of him

“hey ranger, I need your help here. I know it’s sad and I know it sucks but I’m counting on you.”

with one hoof he gently wiped a tear from his face and continued

“I ask this … of you, because I know you can handle it!” he said kind of exited.

He took the arrow out of his bag, it was the same one he took from sky earlier when they first met and held it in his mouth for sky too take when he was ready

Sky almost smiled at that, he knew he was right, that he needed to be strong. What he didnt know was if he could handle it. None of them knew what he had just done, or what he felt right now. He had just said to his family not to look for him, that his Mother could not know he was alive, that his own family had to think him dead. None of that was the worst part, the worst part was that, he would never see any of them again. He might make it back but after this, he could never go back to them. He might not even MAKE it through this uninjured or changed for life. That was what worried him. Sky looked up, his face drenched in tear's, he then looked at the arrow. The one he had let the used to be crazy earth pony keep.

Sky couldnt grab the arrow, he could lie to the group, that he could handle what he couldnt so he just stood up and started to walk off slowly, not wanting to be in a crowded group. He didnt mind if one or two ponies followed him, but the group was too crowded for him right now. Sky sat back down against the wall a fair way away from the group but still close enough to be seen by them. The whole time this had been going on, sky had been crying, a lot.

It seemed like nothing would help the poor Sky. Seria grabbed the pouch of bits without really asking any questions and quickly put it in her saddlebag apart from the other things for reasons of hers. She watched as Sky got back up and walked away without saying a word. Cries were the only things he was able to say at the moment and the pegasus sat away from them. The fairy and the unicorn both looked while Glady was still in her place, this time seeming more thoughtful. Seria could notice her, but seeing how she was, she believed it was fine to let her be by herself right now. Although today she had done things she wouldn't normaly do, she knew she would never let her rage take complete control of her. She knew her too well for that. So instead, she decided to walk towards Sky, wanting to find a solution for him.

''Stay here.''

She'd simply say, knowing that Violet was about to walk with her. Seria believed it was better to do this by herself, but then suddenly got an idea.

''Violet, you, Glady and Augercorn should go and equip yourselves with proper equipment.''

She'd say turning around before looking at Augercorn after.

''You said earlier that you knew where to get good equipment for free. Can you take them there?''

Again she'd shift to Violet.

''And... Can you try and convince Glady to wear something too? I know her strength, but I fear we might be going against something too big...''

She'd tell her. Violet would nod with a smile.

''I'll try!''

She'd answer right away. Seria was glad to hear this and could smile, giving a small nod too before she would return to walking to Sky. Being assigned the leader of the group, she thought it would be responsible to try and solve the problem herself when it didn't work with the others. Arriving next to Sky, she would take a place next to him and sit down without saying a word to him. Of course, she didn't know what he had gone through. She couldn't read minds and didn't know him well enough to make herself a good idea. So instead she remained there with a very calm attitude, as she was now able to gain better control of her own emotions, managing to push aside the situation that happened with Glady. She knew her friend meant no harm, in the end. She could live with it. Perhaps what Augercorn told her earlier had helped too.

And now to try and solve Sky's problem. From back then he had not stopped crying one moment. So Seria would start slow on this one and simply remain by his side, waiting. Waiting for him to actually empty himself the most he could, just so at one point he would be able to speak again. How many tears left did he have to shed? She couldn't tell, but she was a patient fairy. The best she could do in this moment now was to bring comfort by being there for him. In times like these she didn't need to talk, to try and recomfort him with words or to congratulate him on anything. Yet her calm attitude could be sensed. Hopefully that he would be able to sense it.

Sky was still crying, it just wasnt stopping. He could tell that seria was there but he didnt pay her any attention, at least not straight away. Sky still couldnt stop sheding tear's though he was starting to regain control of his mouth, he couldnt talk properly but he could talk a little. Sky lifted his head up too see that they were still in Canterlot, the place he wanted to be the least. "I....m go...ing t..o wa..it outsi...de the c...ity" Sky said between tear's

Augercorn nodded and turned away calmly saying

“follow me ladies! We got some stuff with our name on it, Sky is probably best on his own anyway”

Augercorn sighed and lead them back t horizon manner in a slow walk so that if seira gave up she could quickly catch up.

“so uhh violet maybe you can give him a kiss or something to cheer him up?”

Seria heard him well despite the fact he had trouble talking. Whatever had happened to him in Canterlot mustn't have done him anything good.

''I hear you.''

She would simply tell him without moving from where she was. The fairy watched the others walk away and let them go. Thankfully Glady was also following. So now it was only her and Sky. Perhaps things would be easier with just one pony instead of having everyone around. Yet the city troubled Sky, so she had to do something about it... and she had an idea.

''Do you mind if I tag along?''

She'd simply ask him, keeping her calm attitude.

Violet and Glady were following Augercorn meanwhile, hoping that Seria would be able to cheer up the poor pegasus. To be honest, Violet had an idea of what her fairy friend was doing. Something that they had learned from somepony else in Ponyville. Seria was probably the best one to do it, though. It required patience and demanded to be listening to the pony properly. Violet knew how too emotional she was to be doing this and Glady was probably not patient enough. Seria was the most reasonable one of the three, so... it was probably the best choice.

While thinking about this, Violet would be disrupted by what Augercorn decided to say next.

''Huh?!''

She'd do right away. She knew she had heard this well and looked over at Glady who, of course, heard that too. The blue mare did smirk at this, thinking back of what her and Seria did in the store. Oh perhaps she would regret it later... but she couldn't help but to find this funny.

''W-What do you mean kiss him?!...''

Violet would say already starting to become red with embarassment. Again she'd look at Glady.

''Gladyyyy... What did you do this time?...''

She'd ask.

''I did nothing, I swear! Haven't spoken of anything to him. HE is saying this out of nowhere.''

Glady would defend herself as she had all the rights to. She had never said one word to Augercorn about this.

Augercorn chuckled evilly

Having no idea what transpired I’n the store he simply added

"i'm just saying who wouldn’t want a kiss from a pretty mare when your sad! Besides you two seem to be hitting it off quite well. you too praciclly haven't been apart since a few minutes ago and you seemed to be watching out for him and the first to notice he was back”

in his head

step a. complete! Muwhahahhahah

So since we want to get there fast do you think you can run on rooftops? Or can you both sustain a fast jog?”

augercorn thought to himself

I need to learn more about my teams stamina and pain thresholds, lets see if they can at least make good time to horizon manner

Sky didnt have the will right now to say no, so instead he just said "S..ure". As he stood up he flung his mane over his face, to try and hide behind it though it wasnt working too well. He started walking towards the city Exit. He was still crying, a lot and he couldnt stop.

Archived