Nickelback fans?

*Quietly waits in an armored concrete bunker to see if Metalbrony notices this thread*

Ok seriously though they're not horrible. Some of the band members are stuck-up and kinda douchey, and a lot of their songs are pretty formulaic. However, they aren't bad at playing their instruments. Most of the flac they catch is either because of the off-stage **** they pull or because they're perfectly capable of much more interesting and ground-breaking music than the safe, unchallenging and generally 'pop-metal' stuff they put out. They never really pull any stops in spite of their vast swathes of money and time.

Personally I'd rather spend a couple hours in front of Diablo Swing Orchestra.

*Quietly waits in an armored concrete bunker to see if Metalbrony notices this thread*

Ok seriously though they're not horrible. Some of the band members are stuck-up and kinda douchey, and a lot of their songs are pretty formulaic. However, they aren't bad at playing their instruments. Most of the flac they catch is either because of the off-stage **** they pull or because they're perfectly capable of much more interesting and ground-breaking music than the safe, unchallenging and generally 'pop-metal' stuff they put out. They never really pull any stops in spite of their vast swathes of money and time.

Personally I'd rather spend a couple hours in front of Diablo Swing Orchestra.

You're just sticking up for them because they're Canadian. :P

Seriously though, I guess the Nickelback thing is somewhat overstated. I'd still say they're pretty bad. Awful lyrics in a lot of the songs; songs are completely dull and interchangeable, the lead singer's growl is at times almost comical and I don't think they really had a very positive impact on rock music in the mainstream. They're hardly the worst band ever or anything though. There are more inept musicians out there, and I can't honestly say I hate their stuff more than a lot of the stuff that gets popular these days.

Yeah okay they're bloody awful. I was trying to be nice but they're just such a bunch of caterwauling pillocks. It's like Linkin Park decided to stop having robots do all the work for them and they decided to write for a slightly older audience.

Awwww, how nice of you to think about me :)

But seriously, they're one of those bands/artists that I just don't acknowledge anymore. Yeah, I personally think the music is pretty generic and unoriginal and that the bands members as people are kinda douchy, but I just don't pay them any attention. The "worst band in the universe" label is kinda unfair and unnecessary, because we all know the worst band in the universe is Black Veil Brides. :P

Archived