Where are you from, friends?

Elssir

Lot's of trees, and critters, and............trees. Oh, and there's snow, in the winter. Lots of snow. Seriously. There's a lot of snow......

I hate snow......

Hehe, I don't know why, but it made me laugh. :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we don't get a lot of snow, and when we do it's usually just a couple inches (except for this year when we got a foot and when it melted we got another foot... that was fun XD) But there's mountains a couple of hours away from where I live and I like to go skiing up there (even though I fell on my face once and broke my glasses)

Canterado Colorado, in the Rockies region of the U.S--been here for most of my life, except for a couple years in Alaska when I was born and then a short 3-year stay with my dad when he was stationed in Wyoming. I guess Colorado's okay, seeing as it's got a fair good mix of both rural and urban interests. Sure do wish I could fly out to visit Canada or the UK sometime, though...America's kind of lost it's shiny appeal to me now that I've actually started learning about politics and whatever else goes on here. :x

Born and raised in good ol' Georgia. I'm rather unSouthern for a Southerner but you can definitely tell I'm from here. I'd like to visit Sweden one day, as I have a fairly large Swedish herritage. That, plus I'm a huge fan of the Swedish metal scene.

Was originally from a Massachusetts, but when I was about 4, we moved up here to New Hampshire. Must say, this place is awesome. The winter's are the worst in the world, though. But I still love it here.

... To sum it up, here's a joke I heard: You know you're living in New England when you know the four seasons; almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction.

To sum it up, here's a joke I heard: You know you're living in New England when you know the four seasons; almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction.

That's funny, we have a saying here in Maine too! If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes.

... To sum it up, here's a joke I heard: You know you're living in New England when you know the four seasons; almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction.

Trade? I've only known four seasons for the majority of my life: Sunny, scorching, rain is coming, rainy. All with a default of sunny and humid when weather cooperates.

• 2 weeks later...

Och, well I come from Scotland, (Don't call me British. Political thing.) and proud of it!

In my opinion, someone would have to be stupid to call you British. You're Scottish. Then there's also the Irish around there, if I'm remembering correctly.

It's a geographical thing. Britain is England and Wales, Great Britain is Scotland, England, and Wales, and the current UK is all of those and Northern Ireland!

Geography, 101: An American thought I was German, think about that.

I know that, obviously! Just stating that you guys in Miami need to learn your geography. You have no idea How offended I was when one idiot said: "Oh, Scotland. That's in England, right?"

We caught a seventy five year war for independence that they completely disregard. xD What respect do we get? Mel Gibson's bad Scottish accent. :P

I know that, obviously! Just stating that you guys in Miami need to learn your geography. You have no idea How offended I was when one idiot said: "Oh, Scotland. That's in England, right?"

We caught a seventy five year war for independence that they completely disregard. xD What respect do we get? Mel Gibson's bad Scottish accent. :P

You should be glad they know at least this...

If you will ask anybode even in Britain where The czech republic is they wouldn't know..

Isn't the Czech Republic bordering Ukraine and Russia? I'm a little rusty with my geography, but I'm pretty sure it's around there.

No. That's chechnia.

We're not the East Europe. Geographicaly we're Central Europe and with all other stuff we're like west europe.

Between the Germany, Austria and Poland. We're heart of the Europe and a historical country with rich origins.

We're between the top six nations for all the history. Before the WW2 we were one of the richest countries at all. Our society, economy, science was on a very high level (still is. Today we still have lots of famous scientists)

But after the betrayal of our allies (France, GB) we're gived to Hitler as a victims. During the war our country was the battlefield. And after the war? Another betray.

We're given to Soviets as a reward.

Can you imagine how the people felt?

For thousand of years we're protecting the west europe against the east, agains the Turkey empire, our big kings died in battles...

We gived to the world the modern system of army leading abd strategy... new weapons, philosophy...

Protestant church also started here...

Here was also a period when we're the most powerful realm in Europe...

But it's all the past. After the war tge Soviets occupation started.

We didn't want it, cause the communism didn't suit us.

We wanted to join the west system as usual. And do you know what happened? They attacked us with the army. With the tanks. They forced us to join the "communistic" ideals. It was the time of terror and fear.

It took just a few decades but the rest of the world take us as a "russian" country since than.

The west europe looks to us as if we're something disgusting, and the east hates us cause we are like the west. It means we're forgotten and alone.

My nation was powerful, proud and known all around the world. Now we're dying.

World forgot avout our existence... we lost a huge patr of our historical lands... now we're small...

Sorry. This is nothing agains you... I'm just a big patriot and it hurts me to see what's happening just because of few years under the cruel tyranny.

Hey, I'm a big patriot as well. And out it this way.

Back in the olden days, you might have seen Braveheart, and thought that all Scots are glamourous and ride topless on horseback. No. Braveheart isn't even william Wallace it was Robert the Bruce. We caught for almost 100 years with the English, all because of the death of our king. After that, in the 1500-1600s, we gave our monarch to England just because they begged, and then his successors got decapitated after Oliver Cromwell came in. Then, to make things worse, in 1707, Scotland joined the UK from the greed of a few political idiots. Scotland was so outraged, that they roasted his kitchen boy in a spoke, making his son eat him.

I actually know where the Czech republic is, and most of the time, you were Czechoslovakia, before you guys split up. You're doing well now, at least. You have a working demos. People in Scotland can barely vote, since London alone can outvote us. There are more pandas in Scotland than Tories, yet we're under a Tory government.

Hey, I'm a big patriot as well. And out it this way.

Back in the olden days, you might have seen Braveheart, and thought that all Scots are glamourous and ride topless on horseback. No. Braveheart isn't even william Wallace it was Robert the Bruce. We caught for almost 100 years with the English, all because of the death of our king. After that, in the 1500-1600s, we gave our monarch to England just because they begged, and then his successors got decapitated after Oliver Cromwell came in. Then, to make things worse, in 1707, Scotland joined the UK from the greed of a few political idiots. Scotland was so outraged, that they roasted his kitchen boy in a spoke, making his son eat him.

I actually know where the Czech republic is, and most of the time, you were Czechoslovakia, before you guys split up. You're doing well now, at least. You have a working demos. People in Scotland can barely vote, since London alone can outvote us. There are more pandas in Scotland than Tories, yet we're under a Tory government.

Yeah I know a lot about the Scottish history. I think you deserve the independence. For me Scottish people are the best people on the west.

(Btw: yeah we're Czechoslovakia for "all" the last century. Than we did a peaceful "velvet" split. But it's just in the political and geographical way. The relationship between our countries and people is known as the most friendly one on the world. :)

But really for tge biggest time we're a Czech Empirepost-9886-0-27368200-1405543212_thumb.jp

Archived