[ponyville]Rapids, Rapidly Fading...[closed, PM for invite]

Ashton

As he was walking he sudden felt a strong sting on his face as a hoof smacked across his jaw, luckily no blood was drawn but it was gonna be sore. Next thing that happened was Emerald went berserk on him, yelling at him to never look so down on himself, and then she began choking him..not intentionally he could tell that by her words.Yes her words, they began to sting worse then the hoof he had just received, she screamed at about how she wasn't giving up on him, she wouldn't let him run and hide, not be alone and forgotten, she said she knew he could change maybe not fix it all, but change enough to belong. This was enough to surprise and shatter the stallion, making him close his eyes and begin to cry a bit, but she finished, she said a final bit that he never thought he would here, not from no pony, no how, no way, he never thought highly of himself to consider any pony saying those words. She said he was special, he knew she didn't mean like a colt friend, but like a very important pony to her, a close friend she never wanted to let go, and as she hugged and choked him she cried, she held him in an embracing hug as she said these things, making him break down and silently cry as he slowly held her back. As they stayed there, the ponies clapping and her hugging and choking him still he was not sure what to say, or even what to think, all he knew was this mare was never gonna give up on him...even when he had already given up long ago, maybe..just maybe this mare could light some sort of spark in his life to make him realize what worth he had.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When dark stopped fighting, emerald loosened her grip, the applause died down... except for a lone clap...

Turning to look, Emerald gulped. The one pony still clapping was Princess Twilight herself.

"Beautiful speech and beautiful friendship" said Twiight "it always makes me happy to see two friends who care so much about one another" she smiled "in fact, would you two like to join me at my castle for dinner? You nth seem new to town and I'd love to help you learn your way around and help with whatever problem it is that is troubling you"

This time it was emerald who found herself unable to speak. Saying 'hi' to the princess on the street was one thing, but actually going back to her castle for dinner to talk about their problems... Whole... different... thing...

though at the same time, if emerald refused, it could raise a lot of suspicions...

Dark spun around as he heard Twilight and froze a bit, listening as she offered to have them over to dinner, and though this was risky, he was about to turn it down! Not just that he had to show up Emerald, it was a part of his Competitive personality he had and he was inclined to be better.

"Of course Princess Twilight, It would be an honor to come have dinner with you," he said giving a bit of a head bow, "And I do appreciate the help to learn around town, would really help as I come form the H...Appleloosa!" he said, "Yup, down in that swell town, good place but i wanted a more rural life, but not quite Manehatten busy!"

"REally?" asked Twilight, her smile growing "One of my best friends has family down there" she said "Not to mention I know quite a few of the locals" she added "How's the sherif? and Braeburn? What about Chief Thunderhooves and his daughter? Oh I have to know what's been happening since our visit, there hasn't been any more trouble between the ponies and buffalo have there?"

Emerald gulped "...nice work..." she muttered into Dark's ear. Now they were _really_ going to have problems... if the princess really knew all these ponies and buffalo she would immediately see through any lies that the two changelings told, and even if she didn't right now, she might decide to write to them and ask them about some minute detail that just happened to pique her curiosity and then they'd be outed... this was going from bad to worse faster than a speeding train!

Fortunately, as Twilight started talking the other ponies quickly moved along, not really wanting to get caught up in what would end up no doubt as an intense discussion and later a lecture on something or other...

"Oh I have not lived there for quite sometime," he laughed, "Honestly only met the buffalo tribe once, this was long ago when they were still fighting," he sighed, "I've actually been living in the Whitetail forest, odd as it is, I just cannot seem to save up enough money to get into a house," he said warmly to her, "I do hope I am not disappointing to you," he said as he looked to Emerald, "Now I do wish not to seem rude dear Princess but I was taking my marefriend to the ice cream shop for a bit of a nice day, we were just having a standard couple quarrel," he said as he waved his hoof to Emerald, "now come along Emerald," he said and turned to Twilight, "I do look forward to our dinner tonight if that is still ok to happen" he said and looked back to Emerald. He hated having put her on the spot like that with the marefriend comment but he needed to think of a quick way to slip away from Twilight and a date seemed the best way given there little display, "you can kill me later" he whispered to her.

"Your living in the woods?!" exclaimed Twilight "I wont hear of my citizens having to live in the woods! You will be assigned a guest room at the castle untill arrangements can be made for a more permanent place to stay!"

Emerald was turned away purposefully because the look on her face showed absolute horror and dread...

"Enjoy your date with your marefreind, and when you arrive bring everything with you, I'll have made arrangements for a room for you by then" said Twilight with a bright smile, it was clear she loved helping others "I'll see you tonight!" she happily trotted off

"I look forward to it..." croaked Emerald, the look in her eye making it clear she was referring to her supposed coltfriend's offer to let her kill him...

Once Twilight was gone, she pulled him aside "How could you agree to all that!?" she exclaimed "This... this is insanity! Your going to get us killed!" she sighed "And you were sly enough to drag me into this too..." she stomped her foot "Well, looks like we're stuck with each other no question now... Don't you try to throw any trots in my face about you'll fix this and leave, after you caused me all this mess you are NOT going to get out of it scott-free!" she said, a really bizarre mixture of emotions storming behind her eyes, and though she wasn't chocking him (wonder among wonders...) she was still holding onto him so he couldn't run away

((Gotta love how Emerald is freaking out and Twilight is just short of bursting into song about how happy she feels to be helping two new friends :D :D :D))

"Woah Woah, relax, All you gotta do is come to dinner tonight," he said, "I'm the one living in the woods, not you, look its my issue to deal with, you have no part of it," he said, and sighed, "Look if need be I can use some bits I have been saving for a home to get you a train out of here," he said, "If anything I'm taking the fall, I'll just say you were a pawn so you can go on Scott free," he looked down, "I'll have her remove my head if it means sparing your life, you got it?" he said, "your the one who doesn't deserve it, your the better of us two evils" he said to her, "Now what are we gonna do while we wait, the marefriend thing was just to get her away, we don't have to get Ice cream"

Now she did tighten her grip to slightly painfull again...

"I told you not to give me some trots excuse to try and wesel your way out of this, we're stuck in it together now, and we're going to survive or die together" she said, holding him that tight just a moment more before loosening it "Friends dont abandon friends." she managed a tiny smile, even if she looked on the verge of a complete breakdown over this... "and who said I dont want ice-cream?" she smirked "especially since your the one paying" she stuck her tongue out playfully as she began walking towards the icecream parlor again, trying to calm down...

He grumbled as he followed after her, not because he was paying but because she assumed he wanted out, that he was trying to escape. All he did was tell her that he would die to help her escape but whatever guess she didn't care about ponies willing to take the blame, her lose. With that he followed after her, staring at the town as he trotted around toward the Ice cream shop, he figured he may as well enjoy the town since he will be staying here. He then looked to Emerald and to the ground, he would buy her Ice cream but he was done talking now, he messed up enough, might as well just stay silent, can't mess up anymore, hopefully

She let him stay silent only until they got to the counter and placed their orders, when they sat down to wait, she began talking directly to him again

"So, we've got a couple hours to get to know each other as much as special-some ponies do, lets start with a simple background and we can ask questions" she paused "As I said, I was taken in and raised, you might say de-conditioned, considering some of the propaganda that gets poured into our heads, and I also learned to interpret dreams. I like to imagine that some day I'll be as good as Luna herself" the way she spoke clearly she only heard bits and pieces about luna's powers and wasn't aware that the princess could actually dreamwalk and influence or control her subject's dreams directly --- Emerald just through Luna was the ultimate authority on dream interpretation. "I've since been to most of the cities in this area, well except that one in the swamps. I heard one of the local farmers talking about making a delivery there and how dangerous it was... I may be strong but I'm nto suicidal" she laughed a little "now, your turn, either ask questions or tell me about _your_ past" she smiled

He sighed and looked down, "No," he said, "this is stupid and pointless, we just wing it when we meet Twilight," he said a bit coldly, "Look we're are friends, so why act like your actually interested?" he said still not looking up, "Look my past sucks and I do not know what to ask as I spent a life of scouting and solitude." He looked to her, "So we just wing it and once this night is over we can forget about this whole thing, I'll just stay in the castle till I get money for a new home and you return to your lovely life," he muttered, "And if you need a home you can use the one I buy, once I'm out of the castle I'm returning to the forest anyway," he closed his eyes, "Like I said, I..do not..belong"

For just a moment it looked like Emerald was going to walk away, then she took the opportunity to slap him again.

"I told you to stop talking that way" she said "We're in this together, if one of us falls we both falls, and if one of us survives to do it together. Your an idiot if you think we can just wing it, we'll constantly be throwing different answers, and it wont be five minutes before she realizes something is up and it won't be thirty-seconds after that when we're both just piles of ash on the floor." she sighed "If your really this bent on leaving, fine, but we have to get through this first. I have been told that the surest sign of friendship is not forcing your will on another..." she paused "...and the surest sign of love is being willing to let go..."

"Then be my friend and stop forcing me to do this," he groaned, "Look maybe we can call it off? Like we have to go visit..um..somewhere?" he offered, "I just can't do this" he said and laid his head on the table, and closed his eyes, wanting nothing more to run and hide and make it all go away, "And so what about love? What does it matter, our kind can't fall in love, no one wants beasts like us..like me, you have a pony life, your a normal pegasus, I am..and always will be, what I truely am, and no one wants that" He groaned. As he opened his eyes he looked at Emerald, "Look I'm sorry I got you into this," he said feeling nothing more the wheer defeat at this point, "But all I want to do is to get this over with as soon as I can so you can go on your way, the more I stay with you the more I will irritate you and ruin your life"

"actually I'm a unicorn" she said flatly, though with an amused smile, but then Emerald sighed "we cant call it off now, it would be too suspicious, especially refusing an offer by one of the Princesses" she said "and if that's really what you want, once this is over we can go our separate ways..." she said, though her smile quickly faded. It was clear that even if she was willing to let go it hurt and she didn't want to. Even in this short time she really had already developed a friendship with him and she didn't want to see it end...

"It's for your own good," he said seeing her sadness, "I'm just a trail of depression and destruction," he said, "We have only known eachother for a few hours at most and already I have got you messed up with one of the biggest names in Ponyville and one of the Princess's of Equestria" he said, "I mean that's pretty bad, all things considered, but what's next? What more can I do, will I end up messing up with Sun butt, or Luna? Or forbid I screw up around Cadence" he looked away, "I don't want you sad and angry all your life, you seem to have your life figured out, you have a dream, a goal, and a willpower, you can do anything you want," he sighed, "So why bother with me?" he said, "I'm nothing special, just a..well yeah, trying to fit into this odd society where there are no rules, no laid out plans, nopony to order you or tell you what to do, or how to act, or what to think," he closed his eyes, "it's too much for me"

She sighed and placed her hoof atop his "that's exactly why I want to" she said "maybe I was born the wrong species, but like everypony here I want to help others, and no matter the challenge, I think you need help more than anypony else I've met" she smiled "and honestly... from what I've heard, if we get through this, I think Twilight can help us, if even half the stories about her are true, she's very kind and willing to do anything in her power, even massive sacrifice, to help those in need. She's already giving you a room at the castle without having met you more than a few minutes, I think that speaks volumes about her"

"What if thats just a trap huh?" he says, "maybe she knows, I mean she is an Alicorn, and after some of the other events they may have a way to tell, to detect us," he looked away, "maybe this room is a dungeon, a place to torture and kill me, or to try and get info out of me," he shuddered, maybe all this is just some big plan, maybe everything we know is a lie," he said now starting to hyperventilate a bit, having always feared that sort of situation. He tried to relax but images of the Canterlot Crisis flooded his head, "s..so much h..happened that day, so evil, so corrupt, why would they not want to torture us after we did that to the innocent city?" he asked her, and closed his eyes to cry, "Why did I have to be born into this freak, I just wanna be normal" he said.

Emerald smiled "Because she's not that kind of pony" she said simply, and that smile showed that she had complete and utter faith in Twilight. She couldn't really explain it, but somehow, just from being around town and knowing Twilight through other ponies, occasionally speaking to her, somehow she just *knew* that Twilight would never do anything like that. She reached around and wrapped her arms around the stallion, gently rubbing his back and smiling "it's ok" she said "just calm down. Everything's going to be just fine"

After a few seconds in the mare's embrace and he felt calm once more, though for the life of him he could not figure out why. He looked to the mare hugged him and rubbed his back, "A..are you sure?" he asked softly, "W..well ok, I'll trust you" he said warmly to her as he slowly hugged her back. He just sat there, hugging her, but why? Why did this odd show of friendship and affection seem to calm him and relax him, why did it make him feel safe. This mare was an odd one, she was dedicated to making sure he was ok and that he ended up becoming one with the crowd, trying to make him a good pony, but why? What did it matter to her what came of him, or what he did with his life, he just did not understand ponies at all.

She smiled "Thank you" she said "Now, even if you dont want to talk about the past, we better talk about what we're going to say tonight since we want to make sure a certain princess doesnt realize what's really going on" emerald seemed to be relaxing a little again, since it seemed like dark wasn't planning to run out and disappear or try to run emerald herself off.

He looked down, "I..I don't know really, I..I mean what exactly is involved in a relationship?" he asked her tilting his head, "I mean all I ever see is them hold hooves and kiss," he went beat red and looked down, "o..oh my, a..are we g.gonna have to..kiss?" he asked, the sentence slowly becoming more quiet as it drew on.

She blinked, was he really asking this? but she smiled "a realationship is built on trust and caring" she said "love is a form of caring, but not he only one, I've seen friends who are as close as lovers but never kiss" she explained "Though if your so intent on it, we can certainly do so" she said leaning in like she was going to kiss him, then giggling and pulling back, making it clear she was just teasing him "But normally it does involve getting to know each other, sharing a lot of common interests, that kind of thing" she said "So, do you have any interests, dark? anything you do for fun?"

He was beat red after she leaned in and looked down, trying to figure out this mare, did she like him? He must be in a wrong mindset to think that, she just wanted to help him, whatever that meant, he shook his head and heard her mention interests and he sighed. He looked up to her, the blushing not faded, "Not really, I'ma boring plain Unicorn" he said as he looked down, "All I do is sleep and take walks in the Whitetail forest, sometimes leaving to try and find little jobs to make a quick bit and maybe shopping for food, then back to the forest," he said, "You don't get it, I don't know what to do, for he first time in my life I have to call the shots, I have to tell myself what to do, it's...weird" he explained, "It's a hard thing to figure out and push myself to do" he sighed.

She sighed, but smiled "You sure are a piece of work and a challenge, but I think if we work together we can keep your head attached to your body" she said "Ok, what about sports? I'm going out on a limb here, but do you follow any cloudball teams?" she really was trying to desperately find some shred she could grab onto, since she had practically a blank slate, and she knew working with one of those it would be very hard for dark to remember what she 'taught' him, and even more she'd hate to make something up that he liked and later find out he hated it...

"cloudball?" he tilted his head, "I..I don't get it, what is cloudball?" he asked her quite honestly and looked down, "I'm sorry, I..I know I'm making it hard, I..I'm not trying right now," he said and looked at her, "I..I really do not anything about pony society but I'm gonna try ok," he said and slowly put a hoof on one of hers, "You seem to really care about me for some reason, your the only pony who has, I'm stubborn, I'm difficult, and Generally I play dumb to irritated ponies, he looked down, "but you still wanna help me, So I'll try" he said with a smile, blushing again.

Archived