[ponyville]Rapids, Rapidly Fading...[closed, PM for invite]

Ashton

Emerald sighed but smiled "It's a game pegasai play, it's quite popular actually" she explained, realizing she was going to have to take foal steps with dark to try and bring him up to speed on what 'normal' pony life was like... and he had a severel impediment to that living here in ponyville where it seemed like every other week some disaster happened...

Emerald took a deep breath "Overall, it's not hard to explain, ponies aren't that strange, they get up int he morning, go about their daily lives and go to bed, really most of them are boring... well except a few oddballs like that DJ pony or the town drunks... Despite what you might have seen here, most of equestria doesn't have to deal with weekly parasprite invasions, dragons, evil-gods, power-crazed magitians, bears-made-out-of-stars, or any of the other wild things that have happened here..." she leaned in close "personally I Think Twilight Sparkle is some kind of weirdness magnet... she's so powerful I think she unknowingly draws things to her..."

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Well why would I know about a Pegasus game silly," he said as he stuck out his tongue, "no wings over here" he giggled as he listened to her and looked around the town. She was right, since he moved here it was rather..dull, not that it was bad, just not what he had heard about this town. He turned back to her as she leaned in, blushing but realizing she was just trying to whispered he smiled and heard what she said and giggled, "Oh well guess that holds true, she is inviting us over," he said with a smirk, "Though I much more weird then you," he said a bit competitively, "Thats why she found us, I'm just so weird she gets sucked to me" he laughed a bit and coughed, "Ow, ok enough laughing, ugh my ribs hurt"

Emerald giggled "you have a point, even when she's not trying she literally invites weirdness to her side" she sighed "and cloudball is a national sport, I hear Sun-butt cheers for the canterlot team while Twilight cheers for the cloudsdale team since she has friends who are from there and one of them is a rabid fan" she explained "and you think _your_ the wierder one? Your not continuing the life of a dead pony - even if it means a lot to me - sometimes I wonder if I'm really doing the right thing... I mean I'm helping a lot of ponies, but is this really _me_ or is it just me keeping my... keeping Emerald Dream alive?" she asked, pausing because while she didnt quite feel right about using the term 'mother' she also didnt feel like there was another term to describe her relationship with the late pony...

"Whether your Emerald dream or your own self, you have a personality and a goal," he said and looked at her, "you have a dream and you help ponies, you make friends and are an actual pony," he said, "Something I just don't think I will ever be, it's just to hard, to much to learn," he closed his eyes, but opened them and looked at her, "but I guess that's why your here, your my teacher so I can, in like 10 years, learn enough to fit in" he smiled a bit.

Emerald smiled a little "Thank you" she said "and I dont think it will take ten years. It's not going to be done in one afternoon, but I think I can teach you" she said, looking up at the clock nearby "Though I think for now our best bet isn't so much 'teaching' as it is how well you can fake it" she teased "What are we going to say to Princess Twilight? we only have a couple hours before she expects us..." she sighed "and as much as I'm embarassed to admit it, I'm about as clueless you as are on what to really expect... part of me does fear she might realize what we are, but more realistically I'm more scared of us making fools of ourselves... like I said, I dont think she's actually going to suspect anything and wont dig into it, but she is trying to help us, you especially" she smiled

He sighed, "I..I really don't know what to say, or how to fake it," he said, "I mean what would she ask?" he asked her, "Like what if she asks about my past or my family, I can't lie she would find out right?" he looked down, "What else do ponies talk about, or ask eachother? I mean you have more knowledge in that aspect then I do," he chuckled, "that's for sure," he sighed and shook his head, "But in all honesty if you don't know, well I have nothing better then your ideas, I've been using the hide and avoid tactic all my life, if somepony gets too close I make and excuse to bolt," he looked down, "I've been to afraid, to scared to confront a real pony, I feel one slip and the entire town will know who I am and..well that's the end of me..you know?"

Emerald paused in thought "I think your going to have to tell her the truth - but not the whole truth" she said, looking like she was a tiny bit uncomfortable with this idea "Tell her your family did some bad things and you didn't want to be part of it anymore, so you left... I mean trying to take over canterlot and turn sun-butt into a changeling counts as 'doing bad things' doesnt it?" she smiled faintly at the small joke "Though I think I have a better idea... we try to keep her talking about herself instead. I've heard that she loves to talk about things, and if we can keep her busy long enough we can claim we're tired and we need to go to bed, and with any luck she wont want to disturb us, worried about what she might see"

He looked at her, "Hmm, what about books?" he asked, "I mean she used to live in a library tree house from the rumors I have heard, plus she is a unicorn, can't hurt to ask her about books and magic right?" he told her with a smile as if he had come up with the best idea ever. Honesty he expected it to be shot down, he still had the ideas of keep quiet, your always wrong, instilled in him so he figured this was jsut a stupid idea and he sighed, "n..nevermind, scrap it, I'm probably a moron, I mean what librarian wants to talk about books, there stuck with them all day, they probably wanna forget about the books"

"You know if you'd let somepony talk before you shut yourself down you might realize your not a moron" said Emerald "from what I understand, she loves books, and also magic, she was the star pupil of celestia before she became a princess, and some people have even spread some rumors that she used her magic to help celestia defeat discord and nightmare moon" she snickered "you'd be crazy to believe it. What's next? Two of every pony race joining together though nothing more than their love for one another and defeating ultimate evil through the power of friendship?" she laughed hard. after a moment she recomposed herself "sorry... some rumors are just too silly to think about... but you may really be on to soemthing, asking her about books and magic, that should keep her busy for a long time"

He looked away, "R..really?" he asked her looking up, "I..I mean you actually think it could work?" he said in a bit of shock, he seemed competitive but his reaction did make it seem like this was his first 'win' ever. He smiled a bit, "Ok, well th.that seems easy enough, what else we need to worry about?" he asked her

"For the moment, just dodging her questions or comming up with answers... like she's going to ask us how we met, and I dint think it woudl be wise to tell her we met because I suddenly sprouted wings while you were watching" she giggled

((sorry, running out of ideas here, need to find a good jump-point to throw Twiley at them again :mad: ))

[yeah]

"Hmm, ok, um..what about here in Ponyville?" he said, "y..you saw me alone in the Whitetail and started talking to me and soon enough we were in love?" he said, "I..i know its simple but it's all i got" he sighed

She smiled and laughed "I think the truth can be a little more romantic" she said "I was drowning and you flew in and saved my life, it was love at first sight" her eyes seemed to sparkle a little when she said it, somewhere between the truth and a lie, even if it wasn't exactly 'love at first sight' it clearly did mean something and left a lasting impression on her.

He coughed and blushed, "i..it was instinct" he said, "I..I saw a pony drowning and felt I had to save them," he said, "j..just didn't expect a lov..*cough* a um another one of my kind" he quickly covered up looking away quite nervously

((so sorry, my desktop died, played hell fixing it, lots of stress... and someone got me sucked into an awesome website that I couldn't let go of until I'd read ALL of it (which I have now))

For a moment, emerald began to turn red but she immediately forced it back down "Good, good! That's exactly what you need to tell the princess! Tell her that you were just being yourself -modesty always impresses queens- and that you weren't expecting a lover" she nodded, trying to play this off as talking about what they would discuss with twilight, even though both of them knew that he hadn't meant it as that...

He smiled and nodded, "Ok good, at least we have an idea of how to go about it," he said relieved that she seemed not to catch his slip up really. On the inside he sighed, that or she is playing it off because she just wants to be friends he thought as he looked to watch the clouds in the sky. It was a lovely day out, normally he would be laying on a bench or a tree and taking in the scents of the lovers around him. He was a bit preoccupied at this moment though to feed, though one thing always made him wonder, why can't changelings absorb love off eachother?

((if this relationship lasts, that last bit may get addressed in-game ;) ))

She nodded "yes, the plan is going smoothely" she said "though I would like to get to know you better for real" she added with a friendly smile "who knows, maybe what we tell her tonight will one day become truth instead of lies" there was the tiniest twinkle in her eyes, like she was testing the waters to see what his reaction would be, perhaps she did want this to become more than just casual friends, or perhaps she was terrified that it would end up that way, in either case, though, she clearly had though of the possibility and was now seeing what his reaction to it might be...

He blushed at what she said about becoming truth, maybe there was a chance she did like him, he smiled at her, "I..I would like that," he said softly, "v..very much" he was almost beat red as he looked at her. He then looked to the castle and sighed, "wonder what it's gonna be like inside there," he said sort of aimlessly, "I mean it doesn't look to big, but I bet it's massive on the inside!"

"considering she's the element of magic, it's probably even bigger on the inside than the outside" said Emerald plainly "who knows she may have a room with an entire forest in it... I have no doubt she has her own private ocean with boats... I'm sure she'll rub our noses in it when she gets the chance" she sighed, for once not having too much faith in the purple princess.

He sighed, "Yeah your right, I'm sure she loves to show off her new home as much as she can," he said, "I know I would, I mean she lives in a freaking castle!" he said, "I mean that's so epic!"

[sorry short post is super short :/]

"I wonder if it's cold and damp and filled with spiders" she snickered, hopefully joking

((yeah, I'm kinda running out of ideas for them too,,,))

• 2 weeks later...

[sorry been busy, and yeah i'm unsure what else to say atm lol we should move it along a bit lol]

He shivered as she spoke, "spiders" he said sighed, "i hate spiders" he said as he looked to the treehouse like castle, "I would hope not, unless thats the dungeon, where she keeps our kind" he said as he looked at the sky.

((it happens))

"stop saying 'our kind'" she said "remember, we're ponies just like everyone else" she said with emphasis "just relax, there's nothing to worry about"

-----

When the time came, though, it was emerald who was panicking, shifting one one hoof to another to another to another and back to the first, looking around nervously, the exact opposite of what she was saying at the dinner...

Darkshift sighed, she was right he had a bad habit of saying 'our kind' and it might get the Princess a bit wry if he slips at the dinner. He smiled and nodded, "Yeah your right I need to just relax and keep calm."

---------

Eventually the moment came where they both stood, side by side, at the door of the castle, it was nerve racking and scary to be here, he was in the heart of enemy territory. If he made one little slip up, if she found out what they were, that was it, there lives were over. He looked to Emerald and she looked like she was in more panic then he was, this was gonna be a long night.

At first there was no responce, but then they would hear a mumble that if they listened closely sounded like "...spike used to always answer the door... without even being told..." bollowed by a very sad sigh

Emerald granced at her friend, apparently something was bothering Twilight, and even as nervous as she was, she felt bad for the princess...

However, one would never know that by the big, if perhaps a little fake grin when Twilight opened the door "You came!" she exclaimed, dragging them inside with her magic "I was worried you might not come, I realize I was a little forceful earlier and I appologize for that" she smiled "I'm afraid dinner's not ready, despite the fancy house and hat, I live alone... well... msotly alone... I have my court magician, but it's not a good idea to ask her to cook, she sometimes is in a hurry and makes soup in an un-rinced spell cauldron" she laughed awkwardly, not wanting to admit she'd done the same things herself before...

Archived