[ponyville]Rapids, Rapidly Fading...[closed, PM for invite]

Ashton

Darkshift saw the look Emerald had on her wen she looked to him as they waited, he couldn't agree more, it was clear by the voice inside the castle she was upset about something, though he knew not who or what this Spike was but it was clearly a friend of hers. Soon enough the doors opened and the Princess stood before them, she smiled a big fake smile, clearly trying to cover the upset she had, and eagerly dragged them into the castle and began talking of how she was a bit sorry that she forcefully brought them here. Part of Darkshift wanted to make a lie, something to get him and Emerald out of the mess, but now..now he wanted to be here, after hearing the way Twilight sounded before, she seemed to want to have company. She went on about how she lived alone, aside from a court wizard who shouldn't be on the next Iron Pony food competition, in his own opinion, and she said this with all happiness, even if a bit awkward at first. He smiled back at her, "Princess it's quite alright, not a problem at all," he said warmly to her.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Twilight smiled "Thank you, I'm told I can be a little pushy at times, and that's really not the kind of princess I want to be" she paused a moment "oh, come in" she said, moving aside to let them enter

Emerald didnt seem any less nervous at this new development, though she at least managed to just smile and not blurt out something that made it obvious she was nervous

"I'm afraid it's a bit of a walk" said twilight as she lead them through the castle "This place wasn't designed for simplicity, really it's far too extravagant, I miss my tree"

That caused emerald to cock her head, the princess used to live in a tree? did she think she was a bird or something? well with the wings it was an understandable mistake, but still... she sure was glad she knew how to think without opening her mouth, she was fairly certain that Twilight woudl feel insulted if emerald suspected that the purple pony used to not be aware she was even a pony and insead thought she was a bird, after all that was crazy, and Twilight wasn't crazy... at least she hoped twilight wasn't crazy... then again, it might make things a lot simpler if she was, but more dangerous... Emerald sighed, she really needed to think less when she was nervous...

"y..your tree?" Darkness asked Twilight as he stepped in and followed the mare, along side Emerald, "Do come again your highness, what do you mean you?" she asked, "Your saying you lived in a tree?" he asked, "Like a tree fort?" he asked

Twilight laughed "oh no, not a tree fort a tree library!" she smiled There used to be a massive oak tree here that had been hollowed out to be a library, it probably was here back before the nightmare wars, it was even still alive when we moved in..." when she said that, there was a momentary pause as the smile faded from Twilight's face, but she caught herself and it returned "Unfortunately it was destroyed during Tirek's Siege last year" she explained

Emerald glanced at her fellow changeling. there it was again... same reaction. Clearly this 'spike' was her brother or mate and she'd lost him recently... of course how to handle this was another question, it was a delicate situation and even more so dealing with a princess!

Darkshift nodded, "Ah I see, my mistake Princess" he said with a smile as he looked around, "But look at where you live now, must have a library three times your old size, with every book ever written," he said, "I can somewhat related to losing your home, so I know that feeling," he said keeping it very vague so it was hard to tell what he meant.

Twilight nodded "yes, but the old library was much more homey, more personal, this palce feels cold and empty, souless if you will, like it's dead and couldn't care less..." she shook her head, was she describing the castle itself or the feeligns she was having with spike gone?

Emerald glanced at her friend and smiled faintly, it looked like twilight was too distracted to notice them as long as they kept a low-profile... though she was torn on wheather to help the alicorn with her trouble or just let it smolder to act as a smokescreen to keep the princess from noticing them...

((sorry, having trouble comming up with inspiration after several recent losses at character apps...))

Twilight blinked "Im sorry" she appologized "I didnt mean to be so gloomy, A lot has happened lately, but that's no reason to make my guests misserable" she said "please, sit down, I'll get dinner ready and I'll send in some entertainment" she smiled appologetically as she headed through a nearby door

Emerald took a seat and even held out a chair for her male friend "I wonder what kind of entertain-"

"INTRODUCING..." boomed a loud voice "THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE!"

there was a flash of smoke as magical fireworks lit up the entire room

"...this is going to be hilarious, I can tell now" said Emerald with a roll of her eyes

Darkshift coughed a bit as he sat down and got some of the smoke in his lungs, "Ow, little too much smoke for my liking," he said as he coughed a bit more and looked around for the mare who was supposed to be the entertainment. Part of him thought this was some sort of joke, on Twilights part. It seemed this mare was a mere special effects magician and he wondered if the mare was using this as a form of a royal joker? Seemed a bit cruel but what did he know, maybe life was hard for the magician, maybe this was a good deal she got, well guess he would sit back and watch, whether clown or real magician, he would watch.

Trixie performed numerous tricks, most being some form of levitation and ledgermany, however several were complex spells, and most were still impressive on some level, such as the classic trick of pulling out the card that the audience had picked.

"Not bad, but I'm not too impressed" whispered Emerald to her friend

"Yeah," he whispered back to her as he watched the entertainment of the Unicorn. He couldn't openly admit it but she was quiet cute, he wasn't technically in a relationship with Emerald so it was ok to think that still..right? He smiled at Trixie and sat back to watch the show as they waited.

(I can just see them one night... when "playing" before bed and he asks emerald to turn into trixie... I can guess what her reaction will be :P lol))

The show continued for several minutes untill trixie seemed to take note of something, probably some signal from twilight, and she wrapped up her show "THANK YOU EQUESTRIA, AND GOODNIGHT!" with mroe fireworks and smoke, the mare vanished... or rather whent he smoke obscured her she ducked behind the curtain, which was kinda obvious based on his much they were moving... while trixie was pretty good at magic she was very bad at makign her exits...

Emerald gave and obligatory clap, waiting for the princess to show herself

[haha lol yeah]

Darkshift clapped as well, "Well that was sure something," he said happily as he turned to Emerald, "I'd give her a 7 out of 10," he said with a smirk and looked back, "think she is that pony Twilight was speakign about who shouldn't cook?" he wondered somewhat asking Emerald

"She said WAHT?!?!" exclaimed trixie from back stage

There was a sigh and if they look Twilight would be sitting on Dark's other side, though she had not been tehre half a second before, making Emerald jump and possibly dark as well "she thinks she's an amazing cook, and I admit any pony who can make an edible meal using only mushrooms, pine-cones, grass, and sixteen grapes certainly deserves some recognition... but..." she smiled awkwardly

Dark froze and looked down, "s..sorry, I didn't realize I said that out loud," he closed his eyes, "Can't do anything right can i?" he sighed, and turned to the mares, "I..I should go..before anything else happens that I regret," he said starting to get up.

Twilight's horn glowed and he was jerked bakc down in his seat "what is wrong with you?" she asked "do you really think I'm that over-sensative? is that what the other ponies think? That one little slight and I'm ready to dissown friends and burn down villages?"

"well not burn them down, per-se" said emerald quietly, thinking of some of the incidents that had involved twilight both pre and post alicorn status...

"AI!" he said as he was forced into his chair, a bit of dread passed through him, "I..um...i.." he looked away from her, not sure what to say or do. He had clearly upset her, this made him want to run more, he was trying to keep a calm dipoition but this was getting to hectic for him!

Twilight sighed "I'm sorry about the rumors" she said "I had no idea I'd done such a bad job that my subjects lived in fear and hatred of me" she shook her head "you can trust me, I'm nothing like that, I dont turn my back on friends, no matter what they do or dont do, and I wont turn my back on my subjects either" she smiled "so relax, I'm not going to freak out over some little comment" she said standing "you'll have to excuse the large number of small portions" she smirked "I am not sure what changelings enjoy"

Emerald stopped dead in her tracks "h-h-h-h-"

"How long have I known?" asked twilight "well basically since you came here, you really need to pay better attention to when you change shape, especially when your runnign from somepony and change into a table" she said, her eyes sparkling "I didnt even know changlings could do that!"

Emerald gulped "it's... hard... no... lungs..."

"but I watched you and I realized you were safe, so I dont hold that against you, and I am pleased to call yuo my friend" she smiled "and I would be pleased to do the same for your friend too, since I'm sure you would nto be friends with bad ponies, er bad changelings" smiled twilight

Darkshift just froze, he was shocked, but relieved, well to a degree, this could be a trap. He looked down and sighed, "I do hope it is only Miss Trixie here," he said as he let his disguise fall, "Don't know the drain that the form puts on me," he said, "Lets sut say, disguises were not my strong point," he laughed a bit and closed his eyes, "So..why not say anything sooner?" he asked her. He looked at himself and sighed, he didn't belong here still, it wasn't right, she was a royal alicorn, changlings and alicorns don't mix.

Twilight smiled at dark "well I was waiting to make sure, if Emerald was really a spy or other sleeper agent, then I would have teh advantage that I could not be taken by suprise, and now that I saw her -and now you- in private where it was safe to say, I thought I'd relieve some of the stress, you both looked like you were about to collapse when yuo walked in" she giggled "especially emerald"

Emerald sighed but smiled "yeah, being scared that somepony will make you explode when you found out who you were kidna does that to somepony" she laughed awkwardly

"well, now that that's cleared up, lets have dinner" smiled twilight as she looked accross the table at a chair where a plate was set, even though ther was nopony there to eat from it... the flame of hope was very hard to extinguish...

Dark nodded, "yes dinner is good," he said happily now a bit more relieved to not be under so much pressure. Though as he saw her reaction to the empty plate he decided to quickly change the subject, "So Twilight, as this may be your first time meeting a changling under quiet warm mutual conditions, do you have any questions?" he asked her, "from the reputation I have heard your quiet a mare of science and study, so I figure you may have, even the tiniest, of interest in us, as a species not as what we are of course," he said, "we may be different then most changling, and it's a rare chance indeed," he said with a smile, "well i mean if you still allow me to reside here i guess you have all the time in the world, but I do not blame you if you wish me to dismiss after dinner, I wish not to overstay my welcome or push your hospitality"

• 3 weeks later...

"oh dont get me wrong" said twilight "my mind is literally buzzing, and part of me even wants to completely dissect you, but I'd never do something so manical" she smield, though her eye twitched, betraying the tiny tick of insanity she still had, despite her kind and mostly logical mind "I wont bother you with all that tonight, you need to relax and get acquainted with your new home, after all, as I said before, you will be staying with me... unless you've already made plans with your marefriend" she smiled teasingly at the two.

Emerald blushed and stammered something that was completely unintelligible...

He coughed and smiled, "N..no plans," he said, "d..don't wanna rush you know" he said turning beat red and looking down a bit. It was getting hard to lie, as he didn't want to upset Emerald, but he was afraid to break the lie on Twilight..then she may actual dissect him!

Twilight smiled "really? doesnt look like 'no plans' to me" she said "I wont pry, I'm glad to see two ponies so happy" she said "Why dont we have dinner now and we'll see about finding you a room, humm?" she asked with a smile

Emerald looked a little nervous still but sat down and began picking at her food, not feeling too hungry after all the excitement of the last half hour, but knowing if she didnt eat now she'd just get hungry later whent he stress wore off...

Archived