[ponyville]Rapids, Rapidly Fading...[closed, PM for invite]

Ashton

Twlight smiled "well hopefully that will change" she said "though it might not exactly be 5-star hot-de-court quisine aince neither Trixie nor I can cook all that well and I dont have the budget to hire a chef"

"Why dont you just raise taxes?" asked Emerald

"Oh, I dont collect taxes, this is still part of Equestria, all taxes go to princess celestia" explaiend Twilight "if I charged taxes too, none of my subjects woudl be able to afford to eat much less a happy life and that's the last thing I want"

Emerald blinked "so you run this kingdom by...."

"donations!" said Twilight with a grin "Applejack donated three bushels of apples, that's why most of what your eating is apple-based food, everything else is run off my own magic, trixie's magic, or the magic of the castle core"

Emerald blinked "are you trying to tell me that the kingdom..."

"Is flat broke!" grinned twilight stupidly, clearly working very hard to put a good spin on the less than good news "Trixie is nice enough to donate most of her profits from ehr shows so I can at least pay the taxes on the castle, but otherwise, we're basically paupers since now that I'm a princess celestia cut off my student allowence..." she laughed awkwardly

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dark looked at Twilight, "w..well is there someway we..erm..I could help?" he asks wishing not to drag Emerald into this, "I mean with my ability to shapeshift I could assist where-ever, or however, as whomever," he said.

Twilight smiled a wicked smile

Emerald gulped

"_anything_ you say? as _anypony_?" she let otu a quiet dark laugh as her eyes seemed to narrow "I want you... to go to a certain house... and when you find the owner..." she paused dramatically, making emerald gulp "...I want yout o help me prank them!" she grinned, returning to her normal cheerful demeanor, even clapping ehr hooves together cutely.

Emerald nearly fell out of her chair "what!?" she exclaimed

He raised an eyebrow, is this truely the Twilight Sparkle I have heard about he questioned himself as he looked at Emerald and waited to see Twilight's response, she seems much darker in mood then I had come to expect

Twilight smiled "A prank, just a prank," she said "I wouldn't really want to hurt any of my friends, or really anypony I suppose" she said, clearly trying to be upbeat, perhaps having noticed Dark's reaction to her comments earlier...

"you made it sound like you wanted them assassinated or something" snorted Emerald

Twilight laughed awkwardly "it was supposed to be a joke, I guess it didnt land... sorry..." she said, turning a shade redder

Dark sighed, "It could just be us though," he said, "I know I'm still not fully accustomed to your pony ways," he said, "for example how free you are," he said, "I'm so used to being ruled and controlled by a Queen," he smiled, "being free..well there so much more I can do"

Emerald smirked at him "if it makes you feel better, I'll command you to do my laundry every day" she teased

Twilight giggled, smiling a little, clearly seeing this as a 'clear sign' that the two were very close couple or even possibly deeply in love.

Meanwhile a dish took on a pink glow and started to lift off the table. Twilight frowned and her purple glow overpowered it and forced it back down as she glared at the door behind her where they could see trixie's horn peeking through...

Emerald smiled and gently nuzzled him glad that he got the joke.

Twilight smiled at the two then sighed, glaring at the door "She's trying to steal the food I made for you two" she explained

"Why doesn't she just come and ask?" he said, "I..I don't eat much, we..we sort of feed off of love, quite literally," he said and smiled at Emerald, "That's why I'm glad I have her," he turned back to Twilight, "But, its not as bad as Chrysalis made it seem, I can take love from couples without even hurting or touching them"

Emerald looked at him oddly "maybe if you ate you wouldn't need to feed off love so much" she said, eating quite a bit of food now that she was feeling mroe safe around Twilight

the unicorn sighed "She's not really supposed to be around the royal guests" she explained, pausing, then realizing that was only opening up more questions "there have been some... incidents..." she said, glaring at trixie, who quickly hurried away from the door "lets just say one ambassador's accommodations had to change from a third-floor room, to a first-floor aquarium for a couple days" she said with an awkward laugh

He tilted his head, "I'm not sure I follow, but I'm sure she couldn't have meant it," he said, "Maybe she just messed up? Or miscast a spell?" he offered other reasons for whatever the incident may have been.

Twilight sighed "that's exactly what happened, but it nearly lead to a major incident, especially since the griffen king was visiting and saw the fish and tried to snatch it up and wat it..." she explained "do you have any idea the political mess it woudl ahve made?" she shook her head "I admit, I like challenges, bu there's a difference..." she admitted.

emerald just kept her mouth sjut, unsure what to say.

Twilight frowned

Emerald snickered "Dark, I think you just insulted the Princess" she giggled

Twilight glared at dark a moment more then giggled herself, letting him know she was only joking, that she wasn't really that offended... well... maybe a tiny bit...

Both mares stared at dark like he had just sprouted another head

"'princess' is nothing BUT a political position, it means I'm the political leader of my kingdom" explained twilight

Emerald gulped, knowing that this was likely about to turn into a long lecture on sociopolitical structure...

Twilight frowned a little "please, dont compare me to her, she is the kind of matriarch that I hope to never become. She was an evil tyrant who used her subjects as puppets and soldiers, I'll never do that" she sighed, but smiled a little "and royalty is a lot more complicated than that" she said as her horn glowed and a large 'window' appeared showing a lot of visual aides as she launched into a lecture about sociopolitics and where royalty fit into all major roles political, civil, moral, and even as a rolemodel and at times even paternal...

Emerald's eyes went distant as she got completely lost and zoned out about midway thorough twilight's lecture, while she got the gist of it, she had no idea what the purple unicorn was going on about with a lot of it... why was this pony a princess and not a college professor? she'd be extremely good at that... and probably not flat-broke then...

Twilight smiled "do you understand now?" she asked

"Yes! Yes, we understand it completely!" asid Emerald, before dark could even have a chance to speek so he couldn't end up subjecting them to a second lecture...

Twilight sighed and frowned "Emerald, I think your intimidating him... again..."

"I am not!" defended emerald, smiling at dark "I'm not intimidating you at all, honey, RIGHT!?" she asked, rather barked, even now it seemed all the stress hadn't gone from the female changeling's mind...

Twilight's horn glowed and three silver chalices floated over "here, why dont you try some of this sweet honey m-er tea! Honey tea" she smiled awkwardly

Emerald shrugged and took the glass, drinking deeply, and slowly a smile began to form on her face...

Dark, if he bothered to sniff it before drinking it, would likely easily detect the alchohol... this was not honey 'tea' it was honey mead... clearly twilight was getting a little desperate to keep things calm... of course considering trixie was no doubt nearby, there was good reason to do so...

Dark did, indeed, smell the drink but didn't care, he could use the edge off. He drank it casually, being pretty much unable to be effected by the alcohol and really wonder what was gonna happen with Emerald with the booze.

At first, there was no detectable difference, after all it would take some time to get into her system, but slowly (though surely) emerald's speach began getting a little more slurred and she began to relax and slouch in her chair... and unfortunately for twilight she soon grabbed the bottle herself... wheather she had figured out what it was and had a drinking problem, or was completely unaware just how smashed she was right now, was not clear...

Archived