Adventure RP

The only pre set thing i will start with is going to be this. A rumor about a ancient treasure has been going around everywhere.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blackwing was walking through ponyvile when he heard some ponies talking about a treasure somewhere, somewhere remote and dangerous. Blackwing didnt show any emotion on the outside, though on the inside he sighed deeply. This was not the first time he had heard of this, and each time he heard it more and more ponies went for it. Blackwing was tired of it. Blackwing kept listening in, and he learnt it was somewhere in the land of Sadle Arabia.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a usual day for Firestorm in the Crystal Empire, but ever since his discharge from the guards he had been longing adventure. He was out for a stroll when he heard some ponies talking about some sort of treasure somewhere in Saddle Arabia. He presumed it probably was just a rumor but even so he figured there was no harm in checking it out. With that thought in mind he went back home to get ready for the trip he was about to take.

Elssir was in the forest setting a trap to a wild boar what he saw few days ago. Only sound was the birds singing. He likes these peaceful moments very much. Only he and the nature... in the perfect harmony.

Than he decided to look for some herbs what he promised to find.

But they were close to the Ponyville. He didn't like when he has to go here. Ponies were Everytime staring to him as if he's a ghost.

He still heard in mind how that little filly started to cry when she saw him and as her parents started to panic when they noticed him too.

It hurted him. He knew that here are some weird stories about him but he didn't think it's so hard...

But maybe he could visit his friend when he will be in the Ponyville.

"Well, lets go..."

He found that herbs very fast. Soon he had what he needed. Now to visit his friend...

Suddenly he heard the voices coming closer. He hid in the bush. Because he didn't want to see that panic faces again. Sometimes he feels so lonely... for a moment he was back in the times when he was happy. When he was with his famil...

But in a second he was back in the reality. Cause the two ponies were very close.

One of them was just talking about some treasure somewhere in the Saddle Arabia...

"Hmmm... that sounds interesting". He decided to travel to that location.

As in the good old times...

Centurius was a country located outside of Equestria. It couldn't be seen on the map. You had to cross water to get there. Well, this place was where Miryo lived. The kingdom's city was large and cleaned. Its architecture was of something similar to Ancient Rome in some other world ponies don't know about... Buildings were rather large and ordered, there were statues in the streets and in the central part there was a large fountain that kept going day and night where citizens could hang out at. The castle was in the back of the city, surrounded by sturdy walls. There lived Miryo.

The large doors to the throne room would open and the unicorn walked through to reach the throne down the small set of stairs. There she bent down before her king who had summoned her in here.

''Ah... how glad I am to have you here, Miryo.''

Her king would say.

''I will be brief onto this. I would rather have you out on this mission as soon as possible. Rumors run about, speaking of a treasure hidden in Saddle Arabia. One too many ponies have thrown their luck in search of this treasure only to perish in unecessary ways... It saddens me to think that living beings can be a danger for themselves. Your mission is simple. I want you to find the treasure... and get rid of it.''

The king said. Miryo listened to his orders, remaining in the same position she was in, holding her scythe weapon up.

''Hai.''

Was all she would say to him. He understood that she knew what this mission meant.

''Prepare yourself conveniently. I remind you that it is a desertic area. Have water with you at all time.''

''Hai.''

''Now go. Go make the necessary preparations and go visit the armory. I have something for you there which will be useful for this quest.''

''Hai!''

Miryo sounded more determined at the end. She was curious about what her king had to offer her, but she knew it could only be good. He was always so ever helpful with his subjects as well as his four generals and soldiers. With everyone, truly. The young unicorn got back up and turned around, yet would quickly be interrupted.

''One last thing!''

She'd stop in her track and turn to face his majesty again.

''It would be wise to keep in mind that others will be searching for the treasure... Protect them from pointless death if you must.''

At that she smirked.

''Hai!''

She ended up saying before leaving the place.

------------------

Miryo had made the preparations like she was asked to. Having her scythe weapon with her all the time, bags which contained magic bottles which could refill themselves with water all the time, some necessary food, a map, etc. Like all the time, she had her cloak on her back as well, only there was one different thing about it. It had a slight blue glow. As her king explained to her, it was made to keep her cozy at all time, should the temperatures be too cold or too hot. Since she was going into a desertic area it was best going to protect her from the heat. It was a solo mission for her, but if she came to encounter others, she was charged with protecting them as well.

Now to depart. Miryo headed directly towards the port of Centurius where she could take a boat. It was a small boat, she didn't need to go all out with a big one. This one would travel directly to Saddle Arabia. On the map that she had, the place where the treasure was circled on a great area since even her king didn't know exactly where it was. It was up to her to gather information about it so she could find it and then get rid of it so ponies would stop going after it and die pointlessly. As always, she believed that his majesty had always the right intentions and she would make sure to work hard to make her part. He trusted her completely, after all... She wouldn't fail, she couldn't fail.

Aboard the ship, she would deposit her things inside the cabin and waited outside on the deck, looking forward. Good thing that the sky was clear, they shouldn't have much trouble getting there then. Now standing on the very end of the ship, she'd look at the horizon as the wind blew in her cloak and her mane. She would put on a smirk as she was determined and ready to show the world how Miryo the unicorn would once again come to the help of it! The captain in control of the ship was at the wheel while the rest of the crew was taking care of the rest.

''Anchors aweeeigh!''

The captain yelled to his crew and let out a laugh after. This guy loved his job and the sea!

''Oooonwaaaaaard!!''

This was Miryo at the end of the deck simply letting herself go. Sure she was maybe onto a serious mission, but she was still a child at heart too. She couldn't let this go.

After hearing about the treasures in Saddle Arabia by some co-workers while do levering goods to the sugarcube corner, he decided to take some days off and try to go. So, he headed off to his treehouse in the everfree forest, grabbed a backpack, a few refillable water bottles, some canned food, a med kit, (sounds like the zombie apocalypse lol) and some binoculars, and headed off.

Meanwhile, Polaris was wandering his castle, having found an old Map of the Place with a room he had not been able to find. He had narrowed the entrance of the room down to a single hallway and was pacing it, staring at the wall for some sort of catch, switch, or a crack in the wall. He growled and stopped in front of an old oak table that was fastened to the wall, deciding that it had to have the switch inside of it. Polaris Moved everything off of the table and started inspecting it to check for any sort of loose board, or a knothole with a button, or just something. Eventually, he gave up and sighed, sitting down on the ground. He grumpily slapped the table's leg with a hoof, and to his surprise, it folded down, not up, because it was attached to the floor. Polaris stared at the lever and pushed it all the way, until it was flat to the floor, and stood up, looking around to see if anything happened. To his greater surprise, even though the only sound there was were birds chirping and a light rain outside, a large section of the wall had slid open on well-oiled hinges, without so much as a squeak. Polaris smiled widely and walked into the room, picking up a nearby Torch to light the ones in the room. The room was full of Scrolls, and Polaris started looking through every single one, most of them being about spells that used to be reserved for royalty but were not common knowledge, and some were messages between old towns and whoever the inhabitants of the castle were. One Map stood out from the rest, even though there were more of its kind. Polaris had remembered hearing about a long-forgotten treasure in Ponyville, and from the rumors he had heard, the map he was holding led to its exact location. The only problem was.... it was a map of Saddle Arabia. The treasure seemed to be hidden nearly in the heart of Saddle Arabia.. Polaris decided it was best to create a team to go after the treasure and he Walked to Ponyville, deciding to hire some ponies to help find the treasure and then bring them back to his castle to plan their quest.

Having packed up and prepared for the trip Firestorm went to the train station and bought a ticket on the next train to Ponyville. Waiting for the train he came to the realization that he probably wouldn't be able to take the adventure on alone, and figured he could put a team together while looking into the matter of the treasure. Lost in thought he didn't notice the train arrive, but was roused from his thinking when the whistle blew and the train began to pull out of the station. Firestorm jumped into action, sprinting after the train and leaping onto the back from the platform. He then made his way into the train, found a seat, and quickly fell asleep.

Elssir was at his cottage, preparing for a long way. Water, food, traveling snacks, potions, herbs, some magical stuff what he's ussing because he hasn't any magical powers. Yet. He remembered how his father use his powerful magic...

Unfortunately his father is dead. Duke van Helpony died when he was protecting his only son agains the shadow dragon. Lonely tear appeared at Elssirs healthy eye...

He also took some personal stuff and his rapier from the wall. Than he looked to the painting of princess Luna...

"I will return, my lady" he promised.

In the forest his raven Midgar was waiting to him. Midgar sat to Elssirs back. It's his favourite place.

Than Elssir visited Zecora to tell her his goodbye and than...

The adventure awaits...

Arriving in Ponyville the first thing Firestorm did was ask around about this rumor. Everypony he asked merely confirmed what he already knew, so he stopped by the library to pick up a few maps of Saddle Arabia. He had left the library and was walking around town when he noticed a booth off to the side with a sign that read "Seeking Adventurers, not for the faint of heart". He saw a blue stallion sitting behind it. Thinking it would be a good place to possibly join an already existing team that was going after the treasure he approached the booth and called out to the stallion behind it.

"Would you by any chance be heading to Saddle Arabia?"

Polaris Looked up at the pony in front of him and asked, "So you've heard the rumors, eh? I'm Polaris, I'm not only building a team to go to Saddle Arabia and find the treasure...." he said, leaning in with a smirk, "...I have a map."

Polaris leaned back in his chair and asked, "So who are ya, and what can you do?

"Names Firestorm." he began "Used to be a crystal guard. Not one of those statues outside the palace though, I was the pony that chased thieves across rooftops and such." As he talked he looked over Polaris, evaluating him and trying to guess what role he would end up playing in the group. "If you're looking for a scout or a fighter then I'm your pony."

Elssir was already maybe three hours from the Ponyville. He just created a camp and decided to wait until the next day. He used thus time for training with his rapier.

He didn't know what monsters can he meet and he wanted to be prepared. Still he's a hunter of beasts, monsters etc. And also as the last member from old family of the best moon warriors he had to train. Maybe after this adventure he will be finally prepared to face his destiny...

And to become princess Lunas personal guardian... He liked that idea very much. After the training he went to the river to clean himself. The water was as a mirror. He saw himself in the water.

Than he leaved the river. He didn't like what he saw.

He's a monster. His scar is too ugly... his dead eye scares others...

He started to doubt if he will ever meet with princess...

"Silly ideas. Let's prepare some meal..."

Polaris smiled and said, "Well you've certainly came to the right place, Ponies with your skill-set are exactly the ponies I need! I'll be focused on the Maps, making sure we get to the Treasure as fast as possible, and that we avoid any kinds of Danger. So welcome to the group, Firestorm, you're the first member to join!" Polaris smiled and held out his hoof for Firestorm to Shake.

Firestorm reaches out and shakes Polaris' hoof. "I'll be staying at my friend's cousins farm, a certain Sweet Apple Acres, so if you need me you can find me there." With that being said he walked back off into the crowd responding to the waves he was getting from ponies with a tip of his hat. He quickly made his way to Sweet Apple Acres where after a conversation with Applejack he went off to the barn to settle in.

Polaris wrote Firestorm's name and where he was staying down on a piece of paper and stabbed it to the table with a small knife to keep it from blowing away. He then sat back in his chair to resume watching the crowds with mild interest.

Blackwing had been going home and getting what he needed. He currently had it all, his bow, arrow's, food, water, everything he would need. Blackwing was heading to get the one last thing he needed, a map but then he saw a booth, one that looked like it was for adventurers, he decided that would be a better idea. "Hi"

Polaris sighed and said, "Well obviously I'm looking for Ponies to help, I have a Map to the Rumored treasure in Saddle Arabia and I need ponies to help me find it. I already have one other than me, and I need more. So... what's your name and what can you do?"

Blackwing was not much of a talker, so he tried to say this in a short few words "Blackwing, ex thief" Was what he said, he shuffled his head towards his bow, saying that he was adept in combat.

Polaris Thought for a moment and shrugged, saying, "Eh you're in, I'm surprised I've found a pony AND a griffon already, Ponyville isn't exactly the best place to find ponies for this kind of thing, where are you staying so I can find you?" He asked as he wrote down Blackwing's name.

Aboard the small ship, the mare kept looking at the horizon. They had been on the sea for some time now. It was rather quiet and the weather was nice. A few clouds and one gentle and cool breeze to make for a very smooth atmosphere. The sound of the water being pushed aside was letting itself be heard more than anything else. The captain at the wheel and with a pipe in his mouth always kept his eyes on the sea before him just to make sure nothing would happen while the rest of the crew would be working on the deck. Some cleaning it and others taking care of making sure the ship would stay fit.

''Miss Miryo!''

Hearing the voice of the captain, Miryo turned around to look at him, rather curious to know what he wanted.

''I believe you haven't told me the reason for going in an area so darnly hot! I mean, Saddle Arabia isn't the best place for vacations.''

Miryo chuckled at the question of the captain and trotted on the deck so she could have a closer look at him as well as so she could be heard better instead of having to yell.

''Yeah I forgot to say about that! His majesty asked me to find a treasure!''

''Woh-ho there! What is the king even thinking? Really not his kind to send someone treasure hunting!''

Again the unicorn laughed at the remark of her ship's captain. Her and him had always gotten along nicely. Indeed, the captain of this ship had taken her too so many places that they had enough time to know about each other and become good friends. It's not rarely that he even offered her to go places for free or just take a stroll in the sea for relaxing time.

''Baka, it's not that kind of treasure hunting! There's actually a rumor about a treasure there where too many ponies or other being try too hard and die. Gra- I mean the king asked me personaly to get rid of it! Y'know... if someone ever gets it, then what tells others won't try to steal it? That's just more trouble.''

Miryo explained, which let the captain chuckle. It was a rather serious issue, yet he could see his majesty being all over this situation.

''Just like him... Yup. I believe that with all the hard work he's putting he will definitely manage to create a peaceful world. He's got the determination!''

''Hmm...''

Miryo sat down on the floor after hearing that.

''I wish to say it is true, but after seeing so many things happen in this world... it has to be one heck of a job to do that.''

''Bah don't worry. He knows what he's doing. Besides, you're closer to him than anypony else besides maybe his other generals. You should know!''

It's just that Miryo wished to help as much as she could. The king had done so much for her as well as her family and all of the people of Centurius. Yet despite her thoughts, she smiled. The captain managed to remove her worries or at least just put them aside. There was no need for that and she was already helping so much!

''M'yeah I guess that's right!''

She'd say before turning around, looking once more at the horizon before them. Nothing, but the waves of the sea and the sky up high. It had turned a sweet mix of blue and orange by now.

''Oi captain.''

She had gotten the captain's attention.

''How long is it supposed to take to get to Saddle Arabia?''

The captain removed his pipe from his mouth before speaking this one.

''Well it could take us a whole day. We have to hope that the weather is not against us. Fortunately the night should be quiet. You'll be able to rest up while me and my crew take turns at the wheel.''

The mare was making herself an idea of when they would arrive... what she would do once there and where she would start looking.

''Take it easy, meanwhile. See it as one of those strolls we take sometimes!''

Miryo laughed at that one.

''To you it's always a stroll, ojiisan!''

''Then see it as one too! You'll see, your mind will be put at ease!''

They both laughed at the whole thing together. Miryo had called him an old pony and he took it well. His age never bothered him. This pony had lived his life the way he wanted and had nothing to worry about. Yet this fun time would come back to another calm moment, which they both wouldn't refuse to take. At that Miryo decided to go back to the end of the deck so she could look away again. As one breeze of the wind came, she took it all, pulling her head up as it would gently caress her face and neck. She was smiling. As the captain said, this was just another trip at sea and nothing else. Her quest would begin once they would touch land. They still had some time before them.

Archived