[Canterlot] Spectres of Canterlot [Closed: Dunder and PyroBlaze]

Dunder

Dunder sponged the punch to the gut with a grunt and a step back, just in time to evade the knee that was launched at his face. The stallion took a few more steps back. His body started to feel more weighted, his muscles started to feel the strain they were on as the battle continued. He was panting and trying to stop the heaving his lungs screamed for.

He locked eyes with his opponent again, his hooves still raised to defend himself from any sudden attacks.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The punch landed, though it didn't quite have the effect he hoped for. Oh well. The stallion backed away, and they ended up staring each other down again. This battle was tiring him out, and he was taking slow, deep breaths instead of gasping for air. Xan could see that the stallion was getting tired as well. They stood there, both at the ready to defend themselves from attack, and both staring the other down.

"Keep your hooves up. Something tells me we are going to be dancing all night." Dunder said, taking another step closer, "This could have been so easy, and all you had to have done was given up." Dunder said as he took another step and got even closer into range. "Maybe we should reconsider this whole thing, huh? Talk it out like stallions?"

The stallion talked as he got closer, saying they would be dancing all night. He narrowed his eyes at the next statement. They'd been over that already. Neither of them were the type to give up easily. He watched warily as the stallion got even closer, saying they should talk it out.

"All right. How about this? You let me go, and I won't hurt you. I won't even talk about this night again." Xan said as he watched the stallion closely.

• 2 weeks later...

"If you want me to let you go, you must think that I'm crazy. I've already gone too far to just let you go. If anything, you are just a loose end that I will need to tie up. Or we could both forget about it and move on with our lives. I know you are hiding something, drop it and I will let you go." Dunder said, still keeping his hooves up, even though his forelegs started to shake from fatigue.

Xan let out a long breath as the stallion responded. This really wasn't going to end well for one of them, and he hoped that one wasn't him. He could see the stallion's forelegs shaking from fatigue, and he could feel his own doing the same, but to a lesser degree.

"Why would I do that? Giving you the item will mean I have failed my job, and that's not something I like to do." Xan said in response as he remained at the ready while staring down the stallion. This fight was going to end pretty soon, wether they were too tired to continue or one of them came out on top.

• 2 weeks later...

"Well, you could cut your losses easily and drop everything you are wearing. Take your swords and leave. But whatever you stole tonight you need to drop." Dunder said, lowering his guard a little more, trying his best to look the least threatening. "Or we can keep going. I am leaving this up to you. But remember, whenever the light meets the darkness the darkness always recedes."

Xan said nothing as the stallion suggested he cut his losses run, simply watching as the stallion adopted a less threatening posture. He then laughed at the stallion's next sentence. Really? He was going there?

"Really? Light over dark analogies?" Xan said, a smirk on his face as he remained in the same position. "And I told you before, I don't like failing my jobs." After a minute of what would appear to be contemplation, he spoke again. "Actually, you're right. I should cut and run."

• 2 weeks later...

"I like you...failing your jobs." Fatigue and blood loss was starting to get to the stallion's head. "How about you just cut and run? We can call it a draw. But if I see you in public... Let's just say I've been arrested before for being in street fights." Dunder fell back to being on all-fours, wincing in pain from the would on his foreleg. After that, he locked eyes with the black stallion. "Look at my face. Go tell your friends. And remember: I've seen yours too."

Xan simply stared at the stallion as he spoke, saying he liked the thief. He gave no response as the stallion threatened him about meeting in public again, then told him to warn his friends. Xan simply dropped to all fours before starting to collect the weapons he had either thrown or dropped. When that was done, he lifted off the ground with his wings, heading towards the skylight. Just before he went through it, he dropped an item he had stolen, then disappeared into the night. When he was a couple blocks away from the building, he snorted quietly to himself before laughing a couple times.

"That was interesting." He said to himself after the laughter had died down. That was too easy. Sure, he had given up a valuable item, but he was still on track to complete the job. Stealing more than one thing sometimes had it's benefits.

Archived