(Canterlot)Burning Old Memories, (Open)

IceStorm

Pyro shrugged at Ice's response. Of course, yesterday is history and all that. He gave a low whistle as they entered the guild house though, it was certainly impressive. Much better looking on the inside than on the outside. Not that he particularly cared how it looked, just that it worked. He gazed around at the fireplace and the various bookshelves as Ice revealed the room to be the main hall of the guild. Apparently the place had been renovated, and they were working on the rest of the building still. Well, they certainly did a great job in this room.

He took a seat in one of the cushions Ice had mentioned as she went upstairs and soon came back with a form and a badge. He took both items with his magic before looking over the form.

"Alright, cool. Just need something to write with, unless you want me to try searing the words into the paper." Pyro said, obviously joking about using fire magic on the form. He looked around before spotting a writing utensil and floated it over as well before begging to fill out the form. "Never mind, I found one."

When he was done, he floated the paper to Ice and floated the writing utensil back to where he had found it. "There you go, all filled out." He said, smiling slightly at Ice.

Icybanner_zps47801f3d.png

Ice patiently waited and smiled as the stallion began to fill our the forms and everything so that he could be a registered member of the guild. Ice was surprised at how easy it was to get somepony to join the guild. She had only mentioned it as a way to identify who she was and to make it's presence known. She hadn't been aware that simply doing something as little as that and stating who else was in the guild would get somepony to join like that. Still she waited as the stallion originally asked for some sort of utensil but quickly found one and began to complete the form. Once it was done, he levitated it over to her and she began to look it over.

She studied everything to make sure everything was filled out correctly. She also made sure there was a way to get in contact with him if there was ever a need to. Just in case they ever had an emergency or had to get info from him that they may have missed before. Once she was satisfied, she handed him the guildbadge. It was that of Celestia's sun with three stars on the right side of it surrounded by Luna's moon in it's crescent phase, waning to be exact. "Alright, looks like everything is in order here. Here's the guild badge. Would you like to go grab some coffee or something? The night is still a bit young," she smiled not quite ready for the company to end yet.

Pyro waited patiently, his eyes taking another trip around the room as he waited for Ice to finish looking over the form. As he looked back, she was floating a guild badge to him. It looked pretty cool, honestly. She then asked if he wanted to grab some coffee. He looked up from the badge and smiled at her.

"Sure, that sounds nice. Let's go get some coffee." Pyro said, standing up again and stowing away the badge. This was a fun night so far, and he got to join a magic guild.

After all the official guild business had been taken care of and the stallion agreed to join her for coffee, Ice Storm gave a smile. She placed the signed forms in the proper place and the lack of commotion from up in the loft either meant that Moondancer and Pressy were asleep or out, and more than likely the earlier of the two. She didn't want to disturb them anymore then they possibly already had so going to one of the local coffee shops seemed like a good idea. She made her way over to the door and smiled. "I know a nice little place not too far from the park that is decently priced and is open quite late called 'The Happy Bean' It was a place a couple of my friends and I would get together in the past, and most of those friends are members of our guild now. So, I guess you could say that The Happy Bean is the unofficial meeting place for the guild as we all still like to mingle there on occasion," she added cheerfully to the conversation. She extended a hoof towards the door and opened it with a slight giggle. "Shall we then?"

Pyro made his way to the door along with Ice as she spoke about a reasonably priced place called The Happy Bean. It seemed some guild members often frequented this shop, though he doubted that they'd see any this late at night. He smiled at her as she opened the door before speaking again.

"We shall." He answered with a chuckle before walking out the door and waiting for Ice before continuing on. "So, where is this shop?" He asked as he followed her lead. He had never heard of this one, and had no idea where it was. Oh well, it sounded like a good one.

"It's actually not that far from where we originally met earlier this evening. It's right down the street here next to the park entrance. We actually passed it while we were on the way to the guild earlier when we left. It didn't look too busy when we passed by earlier, but then again I wasn't really paying that close attention to it at the time. I was more focused on getting here so that we could get everything officiallized on the guild side of things," Ice smiled as she lead him back down the street towards the still open café. From the outside she couldn't tell rightly if there was anypony else inside or not other than the workers, but they'd find out when they entered as she opened the door for the stallion.

((Since this is going into a coffee shop now, should we go ahead and make this an open thread or keep it private?))

Pyro nodded as Ice said the coffee shop wasn't far from where they had met up in the park. Alright, always good to have landmarks to go off of. He navigated better that way anyways. It was apparently between the park and the guild hall, and that it hadn't appeared to be very busy when they had passed it the first time. He hadn't even seen it, so he couldn't really say either way. He returned her smile as they reached the building and she opened the door for him.

"Thanks." He said as he walked into the shop and waited for her inside.

(Sure, I'd be fine with opening this up to others at this point. It's up to you though, I'm fine either way.)

Ice nodded to the stallion as she let him inside and then followed behind him before making her way to one of the tables in the corner by the window. The shop was surprisingly empty. Ice wasn't expecing a midnight rush our or anything of the like, but there was usually at least one or two other ponies here at this time of night. Perhaps it was earlier, or perhaps later than she thought. Oh well, she wasn't really that tired now anyway and she would have to get used to staying up when the time came anyway. She pulled up a chair with her magic. "I would like a black strawberry tea please, extra sugar, warm if possible please," she smiled to the mare behind the counter. "And then whatever the stallion is getting as well," she added before pulling a chair out for him to join her. "So, where did we leave off before we got carried away with the guild business?" she asked trying to pick up the conversation from earlier.

It was a pretty empty shop, but it was pretty late. For all he knew, the morning rush would be not that long from now. That was a bit exaggerated, probably, as it didn't seem to be getting any lighter out right now. Pyro followed Ice to the table in the corner of the shop. She ordered some tea, which confused him momentarily. Hadn't she wanted to grab coffee? He shook that off as Ice pulled up a chair for him, which he sat in before thinking about his order. He actually wasn't feeling like drinking coffee anyways.

"I'll have hot chocolate please." He said to the mare that Ice had given her order to. With that taken care of, he turned towards Ice and tried to remember where their conversation had been before they talked about the guild.

"Umm... I don't really remember... Sorry." He said, trying and failing to remember where they had been in their conversation.

Archived