Heat Wave (Private ATTN: IceStormX)

Lux

Icybanner_zps47801f3d.png

Ice smiled at the filly's reaction to her stating that she had the job. She said that with practice she'd be able to do even more. "I'm sure you will. With enough practice, the sky is the limit as to how good you can get. Almost quite literally," she giggled returning the hug that she received from the young mare. She added that emotions didn't really bother her talent all, and added that she wasn't sure if the fact that she wasn't a unicorn played into it. "Well, out emotions effect our magic, which for ponies like myself whose magical talent can be just as destructive as it is beautiful, it can have some issues. My magic is weaker when I'm tired or I'm not feeling good, and my magic is erratic when I'm upset or angry. Thankfully I haven't had a reason to be anything other than happy recently. At least, not as long as I don't go outside," she giggled having a bit of fun at the weather's expense.

The filly then asked about cleaning up the snow, saying that she could get it into a pile if she could freeze it into a block. "No need," she said levitating the snow with her magic before setting the pile in the sink to drain. "It's how I deal with most messes around here. They are a lot easier to clean up when they are frozen solid. Otherwise they just get gooey and stick to everything," she smiled to the filly. "So, you said you're still in school, do you get along well with your classmates?"

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"You know," Snow Dancer said after listening to Ice Storm explain about emotions, "Now that I think about it while I may not have magic like you do, I realize that when I get upset or excited I can distracted. This affects me as I fly, which I'm not as good at as some ponies. so I guess that relates to what you're saying. And just you like you I try to be happy, like thinking about what makes me happy. I'm glad to hear though that you have found happiness."

The filly watched as in one full grab by Ice Storm's magic the blizzard of snow was rounded up and disposed of in a nearby sink. It was a bittersweet sight looking at the snow she demonstrated her talent now placed where it would eventually melt away. She could say the same thing at a larger scale when Winter Wrap Up came along and how she watched the snow she loved for three months being put away for the rest of the year. It was necessary but still sad that she had to wait until winter returned to enjoy it.

"So how did you decide to use your talent to make this flavored snow? Did you see some other pony do that?"

• 2 weeks later...

Ice listened as the young mare mentioned that sometimes when she was upset or excited she could be easily distracted by things. Icy got that way when she was really happy or excited as well. When she was excited, everything was interesting to her, but when she felt upset or angry herself, most of the time she'd just want to be alone. It always gave her time to think about things and how things could have been handled differently on her end if it was needed. Thankfully, she didn't get angry at much anymore and her personality has actually shifted from being a slightly distrusting mare to one that may perhaps be a bit too trusting depending on the situation, but she also had a good sense of who she could trust based on what she's already been through. She also knew she could always rely on her friends though for an extra opinion if she needed or wanted one.

When she asked about how she decided to use her magic to make the flavored snow, she smiled. "Well, going up, I wasn't a very happy mare. In fact, I was... very sad most of the time, and it had always been my dream to be able to put a smile on the face of ponies of all ages. Well, one day on my way home, which, at the time, was the park that's right over there," she said a hoof pointed in the direction towards Canterlot Park. "I happened to pass by a shaved Ice cart. The owner could tell instantly that I wasn't having a very good day, which was also a common occurrence and he offered me a snow cone. I didn't have any bits though, but he gave me one anyway. To that point, I hadn't seen such generosity in Canterlot. He had to be a traveling salespony, but I couldn't stop smiling the rest of the day. I knew right then and there that I could duplicate those feelings in everypony around me with something as simple as a frozen treat, so here I am, with two stores and working on opening a third," she smiled to the filly.

It was sad to hear that Ice Storm had such a bad life as a filly. True Snow Dancer had her bad days like getting sick or hurt or upset with other ponies her age. She could only imagine with a shudder being in the blue unicorn's position, having a bad day everyday. She also couldn't understand why Ice lived in the park other than a house or a hotel. Surely Canterlot was filled of those places, right? Well, at least the mare found happiness in her chance encounter with the traveling salespony and found her way of using her talent.

"Well, I'm happy that you found what to do with your talent. I always saw that I'd use my talent at the Cloudsdale Weather factory where the ponies make snow. Now that I think about it, you are like that traveling snow cone pony, offering me to come here and create snow storms in your shop. Something though made me wonder, you mentioned that you were sleeping in the park. Weren't you cold or hot or rained on? Didn't you have a place to stay or ponies who would let you into their homes?"

The filly was quick to point out that she was happy that she had found something to use her talent for, and Snow also pointed out that she was just like the traveling sales pony. At first Ice didn't know what the filly meant, but then as Snow started saying about how she was offering her to come and make snow storms in her shop. Ice smiled. "Yeah, I guess I am aren't I?" she said with a smile. Then the question came up about why she was sleeping in the park and if she got cold, hot, or rained on. She also asked about her not having a place to stay and why other ponies wouldn't let her in.

"Well, I wasn't born here in Canterlot, I was actually born in Fillydelphia and I kinda came here as a runaway. It's a really long story, and one that doesn't really matter now as I have at least made up with my mother after many years of separation. But as it is, I didn't really trust anyone after I got here. I came here to Canterlot because it was the one place I always heard of everypony wanting to go so I thought it would be a good place. I came here trying to get away from nobility as it... kinda tore my family apart. So when I got here and saw that this was a place of high nobility, I was immediately distrusting of most. I did have a few friends that I made while I was at the park and they helped me get into the academy but I nopony really took me in.

It mattered not though because I actually really liked the park. In fact I still sleep out there sometimes. It did get a bit warm on some of the summer nights and the rain didn't really bother me too much as I usually slept under a tree in the summer, and on the snowy nights, I'd use my magic to make an igloo. I wouldn't trade any of it though because from that hill, you got the most beautiful view of the sunset as it gave way to the moon and the evening stars. The park at night was so dark that all the stars were like an assortment of twinkling beacons that formed as many patterns as the mind could comprehend as they gathered around the moon, which was the brightest, most beautiful beacon of them all. It was the one thing that guided me through my earlier years was looking up to the sky to see the moon every night. Even when it was covered by clouds, I knew the moon was always there watching over me, and it made me feel safe, and I knew that if The Princess of the Night could pull herself through everything that she had to go through, and come out okay, then I could as well. Now here I am with two stores, and a possible job from the very princess I idolized growing up," she smiled

It was interesting learning something new. Maybe that was why Snow Dancer liked school so much. She really liked learning about new ponies and their interests and lives. It wasn't that she was looking for skeletons in their closets, just a curiosity. There were multiple things that interested the filly when Ice Storm spoke about her journey to Canterlot. It disturbed her to hear that she ran away from home, something about her mother that was the cause. If Ice Storm hadn't mentioned the fact that she made up with her mother eventually the filly would have felt bad for even bringing up the topic. It was also sad to hear how she had few friends here in Canterlot when she moved. The most interesting thing was how Ice loved to gaze at the stars and stay out at night no matter the weather or temperature.

"I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't make any friends when you moved here. Making friends was ok I guess for me. There were some in my class that thought I was the weird filly that loved snow but they changed their minds when I rescued them during that storm so i guess everything turned out ok. Glad to hear you have friends now though! Yeah, the stars are neat. Sometimes I can pick out shaped like I can with clouds. I really like the times when the sun is setting but not totally dark yet where the oranges and pinks and purples mixes with the stars. One time I could have sworn I saw a pony in the skies. She didn't look like any Pegasus that I knew. Maybe it was a Princess. Speaking of Princess, why do you like Luna out of all of them?"

Snow gave a quick apology about what she had gone through when she first moved here, and added that she didn't have too much of an issue making friends. Sure there were a few ponies that thought she was weird for liking snow, but they quickly changed their minds one day when she rescued them during a storm. A statement that made Ice giggle a bit. she also told her that she could pick out shapes in the stars as well just like she could with the clouds. "Hey! we should totally go stargazing one night when you don't have school in the morning. The later it gets, the more beautiful the night gets, and there are so many stars that are visible late at night that aren't quite so during the earlier parts of the evening," she smiled.

When Snow asked about why she liked Luna out of all of the Princesses, she smiled. "Well, for starters, she's the only princess I've met face to face, and she's been my source of inspiration my entire life. While most fillies and colts were scared by the tales of Nightmare Moon, I was enthralled by them, and I related to her because I was feeling the same sadness and abandonment that she was feeling. Granted, what I was feeling was a far less grand of a scale, but it was the same type of emotional pain. To feel like no one appreciated you, even the ones who said that the loved you like my parents did before wealth and fame consumed them. Thankfully, like I mentioned, my mother eventually came around and we've made up. Only just recently though. I always felt sorry for Nightmare Moon, and I honestly can't say that had I been around when she was trying to take power, that I wouldn't have stood by her side even then. If nothing else just to show her that she would always have one pony that cared about her.

When I came to Canterlot, and even on the way here, I would always look for her moon and let it guide me where ever it desired me to go. I know Celestia's sun was what allowed me to travel, but it was still Luna's moon that made everything right. I didn't care when it came out, I would always stop traveling for a bit, and I would watch the moonrise, and I would also try to wake up early enough to see the moonset, which I always found much more beautiful than it's counterparts. some of the nicer nights where there was nothing but the stars and the moon in the sky, I would travel even further and sleep a bit more during the day, especially when I got to the base of Canterlot Mountain. That was when I discovered that I had a natural affinity to cold. I didn't discover my actual ice ability until I got further up the mountain but Luna's evenings were always much, much cooler than Celestia's days. Being a pony of Ice, and yourself being a pony of ice know exactly what I'm talking about when I say we don't mix well with warm weather.

Then I heard about her return and how she was able to overcome everything that had happened to her, to be rejoined by the ponies around her who cared for her, and I knew with all of my heart that if Princess Luna could go through the magnitude of hurt that she did, and rebound after spending a thousand years alone on the moon, then I could overcome anything myself if I put my mind to it. So far that's be true for almost every issue I've ever dealt with, and I have confidence that with my heart in the right place, I can get through the few that I haven't yet. All thanks to Princess Luna, who has helped me in so many ways that she herself probably doesn't even know about. The fact that I even got to meet her was a blessing to me, let alone what she offered me. I just really hope I don't disappoint her, but as believe in myself, I'm pretty sure that won't happen," she smiled to her friend.

"I'd really like that,"Snow Dancer said about the prospect of star gazing, "I bet you have some great places where we can see the stars!"

Snow Dancer loved hearing tales, and why Ice Storm like Princess Luna was no exception. It was sad hearing that Ice identified with Luna's plight as her family life wasn't the best. Hearing this though she was happy that Ice identified herself with the Princess as it was great to at least have the comfort that others had tragedies and survived.

"I definitely know it gets colder at night especially up in Cloudsdale. So you feel grateful for Luna because if it wasn't for her colder nights you might not have discovered your cutie mark? I don't think though when you do start working for Luna you will mess up and even if you do make a small mistake I'm sure that she'll be forgiving."

"Well, it's not so much that I may not have gotten my cutie mark without her, but I can say I probably most definitely wouldn't be here if it weren't for her. My thoughts of what she went through and what she was able to recover from was pretty much the only thing that kept me going for a while, then of course my magic, and that sales pony. Things began to go right. Now, I've made it through what I hope will be the lowest point in my life, and things have been on a steady incline. I have a lot of friends now and things seem to be falling into place. All simply because I would look at the moon every night. Did the Princess know that she was helping me ever night? Most likely not. I'd never even met the princess until that night a few months ago. With a story that's told as often as hers is though, it's easy for some to find unforeseen strength in the words to push themselves forward," Ice responded to the filly.

When she then added that she was sure that Ice wouldn't mess up when she started working for the princess and that she was sure that if she did, the princess wold be forgiving. "I'm sure you're right, but I'd rather not have to test how forgiving any time soon. Of course, I can't really know if I'm messing up or not until I figure out what it actually is I'm supposed to do. Until then, this little place is my pride and joy, and it makes me happy to see ponies are enjoying it," she smiled to Snow.

"Oh I get it," Snow Dancer said as Ice Storm finished her explanation, "So it wasn't just the fact that it was night and cold put when you got your cutie mark. You look to the moon for inspiration as it follows you through your ups and downs in life. I guess the night inspires me too, especially the starts. They remind me of snow suspended in the sky."

Ice explained that she didn't want to offend the Princess but at the same time she had no idea what her job entailed.

"Well, whatever it is I'm sure you'll be good at it. I'd think you'd be helping the Princess get ready for the day, keep track of important things, and assist her as she rules."

• 2 weeks later...

As Snow Dancer confirmed what she had said, she smiled and listened as she said it was possible for her to be one of the ponies that would help her get ready for the day, or she presumed in this instance the night, and helping her keep track of important things, as well as possibly assisting her as she rules. Ice didn't know what to think on the matter honestly. That was the idea that made the most sense, but at the same time, it made hardly little sense at all. She had only met the princess that very night, how could she see anything in her like that in that short of time period, but more so, if that was what she was meant to do, she figured that she would have heard something else from the princess by now. She did know, however, that good things came to those who waited. "Well, I guess we're just going to have to wait and see. For now, I'm perfectly happy to be here with my store open for anypony who needs a nice cooling refreshment from the heat outside," she smiled to her friend.

She then thought back to what she said about the stars reminding her of suspended snowflakes in the sky. "Yeah, I can see how they could look like that. Hopefully it cools off a bit before we go stargazing tonight. If not, I can always freeze the ground that we'd be laying on to keep us cool for a while."

Snow Dancer was happy that Ice Storm felt content in where she was now. Sure there were questions like what exactly Ice expected to do in her role, and that it even appeared like a blur the events leading up to it, but the mare appeared to be taking it well.

"I'm glad things are working out for you then. I have to say your life is probably the most interesting I've heard of keeping ponies cool and meeting princesses. Not much happens that's as exciting in Cloudsdale. Sure it's pretty but aside from an event or two like the Best Young Flyers competition things are pretty quiet."

She happily regarded the chance to stargaze at night of course it would be different from seeing it in her home but it would probably be just as nice from what Ice Storm said.

"Oh great, I'd love to see the stars with you. Maybe we can see the town... err... if it cooler."

Just then Snow could see a brown earth pony outside the shop, her face pressed to the glass and waving her arms frantically as if to get her attention.

"Um... Ice? I think somepony wants to come in."

When the young filly started talking about Cloudsdale, and how it tended to be pretty quiet for most of the year, and that her life was by far one of the most interesting ones she's heard. She smiled a bit. "I'm happy you think that, but I'm not really anything special. I just try to make the best of the situations I'm in, and sometimes I get lucky in the process. That said, I would love to show you around a bit once it cools down and we're able to walk around Canterlot without melting," she giggled a bit before she heard something at the door. She saw a brown earth pony outside of her shop waving her hooves as if to get their attention. Snow noticed this as well and commented that somepony wanted to come in. She nodded and opened the door for the mare. "Good afternoon and welcome to Frozen Delights. Please, come in out of the heat. Is there anything I can get for you?" she asked sincerely.

Snow Dancer wondered why Ice Storm kept thinking that she wasn't really special. Wasn't everypony special in their own right, each having something to contribute to others? Still she was happy for her and the prospect of hanging out with her more.

"Yeah, collapsing like that wouldn't be a good thing," she replied with a chuckle at her misfortune turned into a chance of a lifetime. She kept an eye on the mare in the window who looked hot but maybe not to the point of collapse as she was.

Good afternoon and welcome to Frozen Delights. Please, come in out of the heat. Is there anything I can get for you?

If the chocolate brown mare was truly made of chocolate she would be a puddle on the street! At the invitation to the place she quickly dashed in, panting slightly.

"Thanks (pant) I ran all around town (pant) Well maybe just you but I figured a pony selling snow cones would help."

She recovered from her running and the heat before saying, "You have to help me! The refrigerator in my candy store broke! I tried to put as much as I can in the display cases but it's too much! So what i need is ice.. lots of ice to keep the candy cool until I get somepony to fix the fridge. Can you two help me?"

• 3 weeks later...

When Ice Storm heard of the dilemma at hand, and how this mares fridge had broken at what seemed like the absolute worst possible time, there wasn't much more that needed to be said. Ice Storm was lucky enough she didn't need a true refrigerator. Her fridge and freezer were two metal chests that she kept chilled with her magic so she never had to worry about mechanical failures. She was fairly certain that fire ponies did the same with ovens and stoves. As long as they had a heat source, they worked. When the mare said she had ran across town, without any hesitation, she levitated the mare over a glass of super-chilled water. "Here, drink this. It will take the excessive heat almost instantly out of your body," she told her.

She stood up and began making her way over to the mare. "I can't fix the mechanical portion of your fridge, but I can make it operational for a period of time until you can get a new one. At least long enough so that your candy won't spoil for a while. How far is it away?" she asked. Depending on how far it was, she may need to cast her ice spell on herself and Snow Dancer for them to get there without passing out.

Snow Dancer watched as Ice Storm pondered the mare's plight. It wasn't something that the filly could really help with as she could not create snow only move it about and she certainly had no idea about how a refrigerator worked other than cold water would circulate to chill what was inside.

Meanwhile Sweet eagerly took the cold glass and downed the water in a few seconds.

"Thanks. Yeah I can't fix the fridge either. I tried once but it made some nasty sounds at me like a dragon and then it started smoking. It wasn't a nice fridge. Anyway all I'll need is to keep it cool for the day. The repair pony said he'd be over tomorrow as today he's really busy with the heat and all. Speaking of heat, you two aren't going to melt or anything are you? I'm just saying that it is hot out there, and my shop is a few blocks away. Why it's so hot out there I thought I saw a cactus growing! But no, it was just a green pony."

Ice couldn't help but let out a small laugh as the mare described her attempt at fixing the fridge as trying to combat a dragon. It started making angry noises and started smoking. She could now imagine a giant dragon named Fridgestone flying around breathing ice on everything and then somepony like herself and Snow Dancer whom are almost immune to ice have to deal with said dragon as it broke everypony's refrigerators causing all of their food to spoil. The more she thought about it though, the more terrifying that aspect actually was. She liked food, and it spoiling was bad.

Of course, the mare asked about them possibly melting in the heat outside. She said that it was very hot out, and that the shop was a few blocks away. Without a second thought, Ice began to make a layer of ice over herself that would serve as her way of cooling before turning to the two mares. "I'll be fine. All you need to do is show us where we need to go," she said to the brown mare before looking to Snow. "Snow Dancer, would you like me to create a layer of Ice on you like I have myself? Since we share the same affinity for cold, my magic shouldn't have any adverse effects on you, and should function as intended."

Sweet Surprise was always interested in unicorn magic. There were times when the mare wondered how her life would be different if she wasn't an earth pony. She was happy with her life but if there was one thing she learned working with others it was how it must feel walking in another pony's hooves. Like for example wondering how these two ponies who looked like they did something with ice and the cold could survive outside when it was so hot. She didn't have to think much of it as Ice Storm placed a blanket of ice over herself.

"Hey, that's pretty nifty! Well if you two can keep yourself cool then keeping my sweets from melting shouldn't be a problem at all!"

Snow was about to venture out on her own thinking that it was only a short distance to fly. But then she remembered what got her into this situation in the first place.

"Better be safe than sorry. Ice, I'd love one of your ice blankets."

• 4 weeks later...

Ice smiled as the chocolate colored mare found her use of magic to be pretty nifty. "I actually discovered this relatively early. It's a flexible coating of Ice that is super chilled so it takes longer to melt than normal ice does. It's also a bit more durable because it's flexible, but it will still shatter like Ice does if met with any sudden impacts. It was one of the first things I learned how to do with my magic, and probably the second most beneficial considering how sensitive I am myself to the heat. As one would probably expect, I don't mix well with anything hot," she smiled as Snow asked for one of the ice blankets. With a small nod, and some gentle magic, she created the same film of ice over Snow Dancer as she had herself. "They ya go, and if you ever need to go anywhere on days like this in the future, don't hesitate to come to me and grab one of these coatings. I don't mind at all," she smiled. "Now," she turned back towards the brown mare. "About that fridge..." she said in a tone that showed she was ready to go.

Sweet Surprise could see how proud Ice Storm was that she could do her ice magic. It reminded her of the passion that the Earth Pony felt making candy.

"With this ice blanket, I'll be able to reach my shop in no time!

"And I'll be able to get there without passing out," Snow Dancer added, "but If it still get too hot I'll fly up in the clouds for a little to cool off. And I'll definitely visit you on one of these days again if it gets too hot. And even on nice cool or snowy days i'll still visit you!"

The group proceeded down the first block and then hanging a right started walking down the next street. In the distance, about two blocks away, was a store that looked like it was a giant gingerbread house with candy painted or added to the house, making it clearly stand out among even the most ornate and colorful of houses.

"There it is! See, told you it wasn't that far away!"

Ice Storm gave Snow Dancer a gentle nod as she followed the chocolate mare through the streets. It was indeed quite warm outside and she was very happy for the fact that she had a layer of ice over her to help shield her from the heat. She could actually see the heat itself radiating off of the ground, and even more so off of the ice around her. The extreme difference in temperature creating a little bit of a haze around her that she wasn't aware about before. "No wonder the little one passed out when she came in my shop if the weather is this hot outside. Sweet Luna it shouldn't be this hot," she said to her self as she confirmed that Snow would be okay.

A moment later they were directed to a house that was very.... Pinkie Pie-ish. At least, that was the best that she was able to describe it. While she hadn't been around Pinkie Pie too much when she lived in Ponyville, Sugar Cube Corner was a supplier of a lot of her snow cone syrups, and still was here in Canterlot. She remembered Sugar Cube Corner having a similar design with the candy, although ti was more structural than anything else. Here, all of the decoration was candy based and in a way, reminded Ice Storm of her own shop and how everything around it was based around snow, and on the weekends, that even included the weather. Ice gave a smile as the brown mare said that she told them it wasn't that far away. "Alright, point me into the right direction. Your Air Conditioning works right?" she asked the mare. She herself didn't have any air conditioning in her shop, but she didn't really need it. She kept her place chilled quite will with her magic using it to chill the air that was in the room. It was simple enough for her and if needed, she could always make the indoor temperature a bit cooler or thicken the ice around her if she started getting uncomfortable.

The heat outside was crazy hot for Snow Dancer. It was no wonder that her new friend kept checking on her periodically to make sure she was ok. Snow knew that Ice was older and more experienced in keeping cool with her magic, but even this seemed to be a challenge for the unicorn.

"I'm ok, but it is really really hot outside! Glad to see that we're almost there."

Sweet Surprise couldn't help but notice the surprised looks on the two ponies with a giggle. It was the same look that anypony had when they first saw her store, one that took the ponies' voices away. Despite seeing this many times before it always brought a smile to her face. But there was something else looking over at Ice Storm. It was as if she was looking at the store before only Sweet never remembered her there before, and Sweet couldn't forget a face.

"You look like you've seen this place before, but I don't remember seeing you here before. Have you passed by this store before, or is there some other store that looks familiar? The only one I can think of is a place in Ponyville... what was its name? Oh, right Sugarcube Corner! That's where Pinkie Pie lives!"

The mare opened the door which had a sign saying "Store Closed Temporarily due to Candy Emergency!" hastily scrawled.

"Of course I have air conditioning for my refrigerated displays silly," she said with a giggle "And the store has these really nice fans to cool....down... the place?"

The mare halted her speech as she heard... nothing. No low hum of the refrigerated cases, no pleasant whirring sounds of the overhead fans, nothing. She flicked the light switch which did... nothing. Looking at the room which was illuminated by the evil sun outside the pony gasped. All the individual candy pieces were melting and running down the sides of the various shelves and bins!

"Oh no no no! Why did the power have to go out too?"

The mare ran into the store, but her hooves caught the sugary mess on the floor and she slid head first into the counter with a thud, the cash register opening with a little ring.

"It's all gone!" the Chocolate hued mare said as she lay sobbing on the floor while covered in liquefied candy.

Ice Storm nodded as the mare asked if she had been to the place in Ponyville called Sugar Cube Corner. She couldn't think of a pony whom had living in Ponyville and hadn't couldn't believe the sight that was before her. However, any good feeling she had vanished as soon as she saw the shope The outside of the shop looked like an amazing display of candy, but taking a look inside the shop told her just how dire of an emergency that this was. She couldn't hear anything running as they approached. No fans, no humming, no anything. there weren't even any lights on in the shop, and the only light that there was, was the light coming from Celestia's sun as it shown through the large window in the front room, essentially turning the store into an over, and superheating the inside.

As soon as the mare started to go into her shop, she saw the candy that had melted and when all over the floor creating a slickened mess that was both gooey and stick at the same time. As soon as the mare stepped on the melted candy, she slid all the way into the shop before smacking the counter rather hard and the cash register opened up. She could see the amount of emotional pain that the mare was going through and she carefully started making her way inside. She instantly felt the heat from the window and quickly made a thick wall of heavily frosted ice behind the glass going all the way up the window. This would help keel the heat out of the room, but still illuminate the room because of it's crystalline nature.

"That will start cooling the room down considerably..." she started as she took her coin purse and set it on the counter. She wasn't concerned. She could talk a loss one month to help one of her fellow business ponies be successful. "Here, there are about three hundred bits in the pouch. I don't know how much your candy normally sells for, but hopefully it helps make up for the net loss at least. Right now, we need to start getting this mess cleaned up though, so that we can get some more chocolates made. I can chill the chocolate so that it solidifies again if that will help make the clean up quicker. It works for my snow cone syrups, although they have a slightly less viscosity than this but I would presume that it would have the same effects," she asked as the room was already considerably cooler.

Sweet Surprise wasn't a pony that gave into sadness too easily, almost always having a bouncy optimistic personality. But seeing what would have been a week worth of candy now melted on the floor was to her just as bad as if another pony's shop was burnt in a fire. But after feeling a sudden chill rather than heat, Sweet looked up to see her windows frosted over, bringing instant relief.

"That will start cooling the room down considerably..."

The mare was excited that things were turning around but when Ice offered her bits to Sweet the mare was shocked.

"Thanks for that, but I can't accept that. You had to work hard for that money at your store, and I wouldn't feel right taking it. But freezing the chocolate will actually be a great idea. Maybe I can save some and melt it again. Alright let's do that!"

"I can spread the cold and ice around with my flying too," Snow Dancer replied.

The overwhelming feeling of sadness that Ice Storm felt coming off of the mare was more than enough to make her feel sorry for the mare. She couldn't imagine if something like this happened to her shop. She'd not dare say that it never could happen because of her natural ice abilities, but things could happen when she's not around that she wouldn't be able to prevent. It was something that she was always slightly concerned about herself. She also wanted to make sure that her Ponyville store was operating smoothly, and would routinely make visits there to make sure it was still in good condition and if any repairs needed to be made. She did still own the building and the store itself so she needed to make sure that it stayed presentable. Back on the task at hoof though, she could see the Sweet mare in front of her, and she seemed to to breathe a sigh of relief when the frosted window began to chill the room.

When the mare turned to her though and told her that she would not feel right accepting the bits that she offered her, she smiled. Truth be told she was expecting a reaction similar to this. "It's perfectly fine. I actually run two stores, one here and one in Ponyville, so I'll be okay for a while. Plus my shop is doing well enough that I can afford to take a loss to help a fellow business pony out. Especially in an emergency case like this. To which if not as a business pony to business pony, then I give it to you as a friend," she told her as she commented on freezing the chocolate. saying that it would be a good idea and perhaps she could remelt some of it and salvage some of the losses. Ice nodded to her and once more at Snow Dancer when she said that she could spread the ice around with her flying too. "Sounds like a good idea then, where would be the best place to start?"

Archived