Heat Wave (Private ATTN: IceStormX)

Lux

Ice listened to Sweet as she spoke in agreement about how things change after a while. That she understood not getting along with her parents. She stated that while her situation was probably different from hers, but she was born in Manehatten and always had a sweet tooth. Considering her parents were dentists, they didn't really like the fact that she ate so much candy. They thought it was a waste of money and rotted pony's teeth. To some extent they were right about the rotting teeth part, but only if a pony didn't take care of their teeth. After she had eaten candy, she fell in love with it, and eventually got her cutie mark as a candy maker. She still didn't think they fully accepted her talents though considering their line. "I can see that, but a parent should still love you for who you are regardless. I can't really say anything though. My parents only found out what my special talent and cutie marks were a few weeks ago. So... yeah," she replied as Sweet pulled something else out of the freezer. She told her that those were Luna's favorite treats and if she were going to be helping her, she would need to know that. Ice smiled and gave her a nod. "I will definitely keep that in mind for the future," she giggled. She added that the peppermint was ready. They just had to let it cool for a bit so that they could mold it. Ice nodded and let the experienced mare decide when they should move forward.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I can see that, but a parent should still love you for who you are regardless. I can't really say anything though. My parents only found out what my special talent and cutie marks were a few weeks ago. So... yeah," 

"Oh and eventually I found that out which was good. My dad even had in his office newspaper clippings of events I participated in. Sounds like then you were a filly when you left your parents. I don't know how I'd survive being a filly in a big city on my own if I were in the same place as you." 

"I will definitely keep that in mind for the future," 

"Here, try some," Sweet said as she broke the treat in half and gave it to Snow Dancer and Ice Storm, "You're the first ponies to try this, besides myself of course. I'm always looking for what others think about what I make to try and improve." 

"It tastes good to me," Snow said, "Really milky." 

(Insert what Ice Storm thinks) 

"Alrighty, now to mold these! I have these metal trays that make candies into all sorts of shapes, So while I make some of these into mint wheels, maybe you can help making mint logs. They're like candy canes, only thicker and don't have the hook on the end. All you heed to do is roll the warm mint onto a long log and then cut them with that knife into six inch sections. While we're doing that, how did you get from knowing what your talent is to making snow cones Ice?" 

When Sweet confirmed that she eventually found out that her parents would love her no matter what, Ice gave a nod. She also nodded when she said that it sounded like she left her parents when she was but a little filly. She thought about if for a second and didn't think that she would have been able to survive on her own. "It actually wasn't too bad. I slept in the park for the most part and was generally quite. At least with exception to those who were in the upper crust of the nobility here. However, I've also heard that not many ponies get along with that many from that district that aren't from there themselves. So, I guess I'm not alone in those endeavors either," she smiled as she was offered some of the moon pie, which she happily accepted.

When she bit down, it felt kind of pasty from the frozen cakes, but the white chocolate coating and the vanilla cream in the middle of it made the flavors mesh well. She could easily see why this treat was one of Luna's favorites. It shared part of her namesake, and was delicious. "I must say, I've not tasted anything like this before. It is quite tasty, and I will indeed have to learn how to make these, as my shop itself runs off of frozen treats. This would be a perfect addition, with your permission of course," she finished.

Once her compliment ended though, Sweet started giving them instructions on how to do the mint. She told them that while she was making the mint wheels they could help my making the mint logs. They were basically like candy canes except they didn't have the hook on the end and they were a decent bit thicker. That all they had to do was roll them out and cut them to length. She nodded and when Sweet asked Ice how she decided to use her talent to run a snow cone shop, she smiled. "Well, the answer to that is quite simple. As I'm sure you're familiar with in your own line of business, nothing puts a bigger smile on a young filly or colt's face than something sweet, and froze sweets are even more so. So often when I was young I could hear ponies asking for something cool and sweet on the hotter days, and it got my attention that I could open a shop that catered to not only to little fillies, but to everypony as well. It didn't take off too well here the first time I opened up, but I didn't really have the best location for it either. Once I opened up in Ponyville and I saw all of the smiles on the faces of everypony around me, I knew that I had made the right decision, especially when I didn't get to smile a whole lot when I was a filly, so every smile is worth more than any bit I can make."

Sweet Surprise nodded as she listened to Ice Storm, alternating her attention between her guests and molding the warm liquefied peppermint. She was surprised that the mare could enjoy sleeping for however long she did in the park. Sure they were fun, but what about when it rained or snowed or when there were annoying bugs? 

"Yeah, you'll get ponies like that that think that being born here makes them better than the rest. I got that too a little when I first came here, but eventually most warmed up to me so I guess things turned out right in the end."

"I must say, I've not tasted anything like this before. It is quite tasty, and I will indeed have to learn how to make these, as my shop itself runs off of frozen treats. This would be a perfect addition, with your permission of course,"

"Really, you'll include my treat idea in your store? That's great! Thanks! Actually it can be eaten either normally or frozen, but I think frozen is the best. That's the first of the Princess teats I'm making. I just have to figure out what the other Princesses like. I think the hardest to know will be Princess Cadence as she is the farthest away." 

The blue unicorn explained that her reason for choosing to make frozen treats was very similar to Sweet's reason. Ice had many ways she could use her talent, but she chose to help others by making them smile. 

"Wow, so you're like me with trying to make ponies smile! I guess that's everypony wants to do, make sure that others are happy. Some make good things to eat while others sing songs or tell stories." 

"Or dance and play with them in the snow!" 

"Exactly! I'm glad though that you're continuing to have a great time. You know I thought this day was going to be bad with the heat and the power cutting out, but it wasn't so bad since I made two friends today!" 

I think we can end the thread here. Thanks for the fun!

Archived