CMC Escapades #2: Deep under... (Private)(PM for possible invite)

Ashton

It was a fairly calm day at the farm, though if you listened closely you could hear the sounds of Applejack hard at work in one of the other fields. Inside the clubhouse, scootaloo was reading the latest issue of BOLT BATTLE comic while Applebloom was working on a potion, though from the look on her face things weren't going too well...

"Girls! Girls! I found something!" exclaimed a voice as the familiar white unicorn filly ran in "We can get our cutiemarks in Spelunking!" she grinned

"what?" asked scootaloo with a confused look on ehr face

"Ah dont know, dont 'yall need some pretty heavy rocks fer that? Ah dont know iff'n we c'n carry 'em" said AB

SB blinked several times "what does... nevermind" she said "No, I'm talking about exploring caves! I found an old cave at the edge of the everfree where the river comes out!" she smirked

"Cool, maybe we can find treasure in it, or some awesome gear hidden there back during the nightmare wars!" said scootaloo

"well..." AB looked at her potion, which had just turned purple and began smelling very bad "ah suppose" she said as she grabbed her bags.

-----

It wasn't long before the trio stood in front of the mouth to the caves, all wearing their bags and hardhats that they had 'borrowed' from a construction site that had closed down for the weekend...

((and if anyone thinks the rock joke sounds familiar, yes, it's from my favorite (and sadly ended) sociopolitical commentary comic!:

calvin.gif

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((how did I know I'd get stuck with squeekiebelle again...))

SB rolled her eyes "more dangerous than what? we've already falled off a mountain, nearly drowned in a swamp, ended up on fire, been nearly killed a dozen times by Discord... this is probably one of the safest things we've done" she said "unless one of you are saying your chicken" she smirked

"Im no chicken" Applebloom would say proudly as she took a step towards the cave, only to have a slight fear pop in her mind. AB would just drown the fear in other stuff before looking at her friends. "Yall ready?"

Sb rolled her eyes and took the lead "dont forget to turn on the lights on your hats" she said making sure to bop both with her tail as she walked... Scootaloo was supposed to be the fearless one... wasnt she trying to be like dash? Instead they leave the uni orn to lead the way... real brave...

SB rolled her eyes, she'd let them argue, she didnt say *anything* about a tresure... sure it woudl be really cool if they found one, but mainly it was just to cross 'cave-exploration' off their to-do list. She rather doubted any of them was going to get a 'cave exploration' cutiemark anyway since none of the liked caves, but it was fun, and they were sure to find *something*!

In fact it wasn't too long before they did find something, specifically a slippery slope covered in moss and mildew that once they slid down they were stuck at the bottom off...

SB groaned from the rough landing "this is why I warned you all to have your helmet lights on..." she said "everypony ok?"

Applebloom had slid down the thing enjoying the slide. She had always loved sliding down stuff, this was no different. "WHOOOOOOOOOO HOOOO" Applebloom would have yelled. "Im fine" She would also say once they were at the bottom. Applebloom would brush some dust off her.

SB just blinked at them, she opened her mouth to explain that they couldn't go bakc up that way so they'd need to find another way out, then she just closed her mouth and smiled, no need to worry them, they seemed happy with it. Though it was a little depressing that she was having to be the brains of the operation, again... "Lets head down the tunnel" she said as she began walking, wondering if they should bother marking their way or not since it was more-or-less a one-way path now...

SB smiled "Probably lots of beautiful gems, maybe we'll even find the ruins of an ancient pony civilization!" she grinned "or maybe even an old airship that was hidden here during the nightmare wars!"

SB cocked her head "You sound like Spike, or my sister" she giggled at AB's reaction since it was very unlike the earth-pony.

the unicorn then turned to scootaloo "Isn't that why we have you here? You can just dissarm any trap we find, cant you?" she smiled, teasing scootaloo, knowing that no matter how mcuh mechanical aptitude she had, it would take them all pooling their tallents to get through any traps, but between her mechanical skills, AB's brute force and random useful potions, and her own magic, it should be doable!

SB rolled her eyes "I'm sure we'll see plenty soon enough" she said, as she noticed something "hey, is it just me or is it getting lighter in here?" she reached up and turned off her harthat's light and in fact she could *just* see... apparently somewhere down the tunnel there was a light source!

SB glanced over at scootaloo "there's a river like 20 feet behind us, I think your hearing that" she said as they kept walking, up ahead they saw a pair of old rusted iron gates with torches hanging from the walls

"Woah... I didnt REALLY think we'd find the ruins of a lost pony civilization..." she said, looking at the gates in awe

Archived