The Moonlight fort (free to join)

Elssir

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Well, I got nothin else to do... I'm in!!!!! XD)

bB5ArgU.jpg

Cold Blossom shifted in her bed. Stupid dreams... cant they just leave her in peace?! What is this about anyway? Some kind of.. of... shadowy thing awakening or something?? Well, if that's the case, it should definitely stop because its ruining precious hours made for sleep! She groaned in defeat as she opened her eyes. She sat up and looked at her window. This is sooo annoying. It's still nighttime! Why would this dream do this to her?! Well, she might as well make herself tired again. She got up from her bed and tried to make herself look decent. She wore her saddle bag under her wings as she trotted outside of her humble, safe home and went for a walk around the neighborhood. She glanced around once in a while. Maybe she can meet new ponies? And maybe stop being a sourpuss and make friends already?

(There! Now we can make a team by meeting each other! :D)

Record scrape just gets done eating breakfast.It's been days ever since that stupid dream started and now I can't sleep at all without waking up in the middle of the night. I can't focus on my music and now I'm overdue for the next song. Man, I wonder if other ponys have been having this dream and seeing this dude and if they did I wonder what there doing about it. I think I'm gonna go on a journey today and I'm gonna need some friends for this...I know! I'll post a help wanted poster in the middle of ponyville and see what others think! ( okay so I think I got a good way on how they meet each other if not just tell me and I'll just scrap the idea )

Midnight Star wandered into Ponyville, looking for a meal or two. Eating leaves all day weren't helping her think much. She spread her wings and let the fast-flowing wind blow her up into the sky. Her eyes scanned the town for a coffee shop or something... then a poster caught her eye. She made a quick spiraling dive to the ground and pulled up last minute, facing the poster. Help wanted... hmm... I think I'll see what I can do. Trotting around, she tried to find a pony with the name of Record Scrape. I think he's one of those musicians around here, she thought. Somepony must obviously know where he lives.

bB5ArgU.jpg

Cold Blossom has noticed a help wanted poster for a while now. She trotted around the neighborhood as she thought of what the musician Record Scrap needed. He was known around these parts so, much to her dismay, she knows where he lives and such. She can't lie to herself, but she's quite a fan of his music. She spotted someone else close by. She seems to be looking for help. She wondered if that said one also saw the poster. She trotted over to her.

"Hey, are you off to help Record Scrap? He's been showing off posters." She said.

"If you are, you can come with me. I know where he is." She suggested with a slightly annoyed tone that isn't visible. She's always annoyed for some reason.

Midnight Star turned to see Cold Blossom. Cool, she's looking for him too. "Sure, I could use some help finding him. By the way, my name's Midnight Star." she added with a mysterious smile.

bB5ArgU.jpg

Cold nodded. She trotted ahead and raised her wing. Giving Midnght a signal that she can follow because she knows the way. She again, nodded at her for introducing herself. Midnight Star huh? Well, thats pretty cool. She just hopes that nothing bad happens. That darn dream has been slightly worrying her for a while. She glanced at Midnight.

"Cool, the name's Cold. Cold Blossom." She said.

She then turned to a corner and went ahead for a while. There almost there. She might as well strike up some conversation to remove this annoying silence. She might as well ask. Besides, questions are best in getting rid of the hated pest known as the awkward silence.

"So, what do you think Record Scrap needs help on?" She asked.

Soon enough, they arrived. She stopped and stared at the place for a while.

"Well, were here." She said.

Cold proceeded to knock on the door. Then, she stepped back a few steps.

"Um, Mr. Scrape! Were here to help you!" She stated.

(Lol is it Scrap or Scrape)

Midnight's feathers twitched with curiosity. Then she thought for a bit... that dream?

"Have you been having any strange dreams lately?" she asked slowly, not wanting to seem too suspicious of her.

bB5ArgU.jpg

Cold glanced behind her and raised her eyebrow. Weird. Thats a strange question to ask to sompony you just met. She just shrugged it off though and just decided to be honest. What can go wrong? She adjusted the saddle bag under her wing before finally speaking.

"Hmm.. Well, there's this one dream in particular that I keep getting... It's about this shadow thing that escapes for some random reason..." She explained with a shrug.

"Why do you ask?"

Should I tell her? Midnight shook her head. Sure, why not?

"Oh, it's nothing... like one of those shared dreams between random people and then they eventually meet up somewhere, you know?" Her voice faded into a mutter.

(We should wait for Record now...X3)

bB5ArgU.jpg

Cold nodded and her left ear twitched slightly. Now, she wasn't one to believe on supernatural things or anything that has anything to do with 'magic', but now that Midnight mentioned it, I guess it does have a possibility. She groaned. Man, this Record Scrape pony is taking forever! She slumped her shoulders a little before finally replying to Midnight.

"So your saying that you had the exact same dream?" She asked.

Cold stretched her wings for a bit. Briefly spreading them and folding them back over her saddle bag. She adjusted the said bag once more and pondered on what Midnight said. Could there be a connection? Is there even a reason to this? Is something big gonna happen? And most of all, why in the world does she care? She sighed.

"Could happen I guess...But there must be a connection, or some reason." She shrugged.

"Eh, maybe Luna's just messing with us." She commented, completely forgetting the importance of the situation.

(Emery-Gency everyone http://jollythinker....-pony-479133680 And sorry for the long post. Intros are always long with me :D)

Sitting up in her bed, she was being thoughtful. A mare of hard work was lost in her thoughts about a strange occurence. She wasn't used to have those and even less of this sort. She saw... a fort. Ruins of a fort. A statue inside of it, looking untouched and new. It ended with a shadow figure, but she woke up before anything else could happen. Now, nightmares and strange dreams were something normal. Yet she knew that dreams were also related to things that they lived. It was the brain repassing pictures of things they lived. Oddly enough, she had never seen those ruins nor did she ever hear about that shadow. She couldn't make anything of this.

While sitting there, next to her in her bed was her husband, seeming to still be sound asleep... until a few moments later. The husband woke up naturally and turned around under his blankets to face his wife. He thought he'd see her still lying on her pillow, but he quickly noticed her being sat up.

Jolly: Up already?

He asked her of his waking voice. She was the one to usually wake up after him due to her job. The wife turned her head towards him, smiling slightly.

Emery: Yes. I had a strange dream.

Curious, Jolly Thinker lifted his head up the pillow. His look was asking the question.

Emery: It was strange. I didn't seem to be there, but I saw ruins of a fort and a strange statue that seemed to be in perfect condition... and afterward a few other things happened, I can't remember exactly what. There was snow at one point, I think. The dream ended with a shadowy figure.

Despite the strangeness of it, Emery remained calm about it. Something her husband has always admired about her. The purple pegasus decided to sit up as well, resting his back on the head of the bed as he looked and listened.

Jolly: And? Is there something about that dream?

Emery wouldn't look so sure about this. She gave a slight shrug.

Emery: I never dream about stuff like that. I've never even seen anything like it. I just find it weird.

Jolly: Nothing to worry about, then?

Emery: No. It shouldn't be anything to worry about.

She'd say. And now that she was already awake, she would get off of her bed, getting ready to leave the room and start the day. Her husband remained where he was, watching her do so.

Jolly: Were you scheduled today?

He'd ask like that. Emery turned to him and shook her head as she kept a smile on.

Emery: Fortunately I have a day off today. The team will be fine without me.

------

Emery's morning went as usual, taking a breakfast with her four years old daughter and her husband before preparing to go to work. Only this time she did not need to prepare for that. Yet she felt like being able to enjoy this day by going outside first and walking around. She then would have some time with her daughter since she didn't have the chance to see her all that much do to her job. There were some chores to do as well in the house, so she could take the time to do this as well. Her day was already planned out. Once she was ready to leave, she'd tell her husband and daughter that she would come back at least for lunchtime.

Out there was the town she could not see so much except on her days off. The busy mare liked to be able to walk around and see ponies being well. Her job consisted of assisting a very talented doctor for delicate operations. The ponies she was used to see were sick most of the time or in great pain of an accident and such. A very stressful job, but something she was able to manage due to her great control of stress. At least now she was seeing happy ponies walking around and doing their things.

Emery walked around, visiting a few stores quickly, just enjoying what she was seeing and even giving herself a small treat once in a while. Eventually she would arrive in the center of the town where there was some more activity. By looking around she noticed a small group of ponies gathered around something. This picked Emery's curiosity and she decided to give it a look as well. She approached, finishing an apple she bought before throwing it in a can as she walked by. Arriving to the group, she would make her way through the small crowd to see what they were looking at. The chattering sounded like they were wondering what this was all about.

A 'help wanted' poster? But help about what? Looking at the sign, she read the name that was on it. Record Scrape. She thought she had heard of this name before, but nopony she really knew about. The poster was not giving a lot of information, making it even more curious. Emery decided to walk away from the group that was there and began to look around. While she was searching, a pair of fillies would come running by, seeming to be playing chase together. The one behind the other would trip on her own hooves and make a fall face first on the solid ground. This, of course, resulted into her starting to cry of pain. Emery had to help the poor foal there, so she hurried over and bent down to her level. The filly's friend came back to try to help too, but she didn't know how. Emery took a look at the hurt filly's head. She noticed that she took one bad fall for there was a big bump on her head. Fortunately she could tell it was nothing serious. Something that could heal by itself. Yet she did not have ice to freeze the pain. She quickly looked around for a nearby store, which quickly she'd find.

Emery: Stay here, I'll be right back.

She'd tell the filly's friend. The young pony nodded and remained next to her friend, trying to comfort her cries while Emery was galloping to the store.

One quick transaction and the mare would already be out with a small bag filled with ice. Coming next to the filly, she would bend down again and ask the pained filly to hold the ice bag on her injured head.

Emery: Don't worry. It will go away by itself.

She'd say, smiling at her. Already the ice was making its effect as the young filly started to cry less. Emery got back up before she'd hear hoofsteps behind her. She turned around to see a stallion approaching them. This one was obviously curious to see if things were okay.

Stallion: Is everything all right here? Need any help?

Emery shook her head smiling.

Emery: It's fine, just a minor injury. Oh, while you're here, can I ask a question? Would you happen to know where I could find a certain Record Scrape's house around here?

The stallion took a second to find the answer and smiled back at the mare.

Stallion: Why yes! You're in luck, his house is...

He'd point at a house behind him.

Stallion: Right there!

He'd answer before coming back to them.

Stallion: Was there anything else?

Emery: No thank you. I'll remember!

She'd answer. The stallion bowed slightly and left, having no more business there. The mare then turned back to the two foals who she just helped.

Emery: Now I think you two should go back home. I'll accompany you if you want to. Where do you live?

And lucky for her, the house of the injured foal was not too far. It was a few houses away from Record Scrape's. Emery was relieved. She asked the young filly if she was feeling better. Her cries had ceased and she nodded positively. This part done, Emery could take them back home where their parents would take care of the rest. Giving them a short walk in her company, she would give the filly a few instructions to help her head to heal well and would take her leave for Record's house. Emery made a short walk and arrived at the front door, behind two other ponies who were also waiting there. She thought it strange, yet at the same time it made sense since there was a poster asking for help... but still, this felt somewhat unusual. When she arrived, Emery caught the two ponies in the middle of a discussion about a dream. She didn't get what the dream was about. This mustn't be too important anyway. Now she didn't really want to interrupt their conversation, but she had to make sure of one thing.

Emery: Excuse me? Can you tell me if this is Record Scrape's house?

bB5ArgU.jpg

Cold would look behind her to a voice. And it would seem like it was a mare. Older than she was in a considerable time lapse. She observed her. And from the looks of it, she seemed like a busy mare. Her right ear twitched with curiousness as she observed her. With a non-emotional face, she greeted her.

"Hi, and yeah, this is the place. Are you here because of the help poster?" She asked.

Before she could receive an answer, the door was finally opened and there stood the pony she expected, Record Scrape. He asked for the reason why they were here on his doorstep. She mentally rolled her eyes. He placed the posters right? Shouldn't he know? Well, she wasn't one to judge.

"Were here about the help poster. The name's Cold Blossom. Can we come in?" She asked.

Yea sure come on in. Meanwhile serving his guest a can of soda, so you three came because of the poster, having the same dream, and seeing a black pegasus flying around? I'm not crazy, it's just the reason I posted the posters.

bB5ArgU.jpg

Cold did what she was told without hesitation. She scanned the place briefly before receiving the soda offered and nodded in thanks. She took a sip and listened to the musicians reason on why he put up the poster. So it's about a dream, eh? Well, thats something she can help with, I guess. Her ear twitched when she heard of a 'black pegasus' flying around at night. She never saw one. But that got her curious. She herself is a black pegasus. She lifted her left wing and her face invaded a confused look.

"It's not me, is it?" She asked.

bB5ArgU.jpg

Cold sighed in relief slightly. She isnt fond of showing her emotions to people she just met. But if you manage to get through her rock of a heart, you'll get quite a sight! She nodded to Record and glanced at the others before placing her gaze on Record again.

"How can we help you?" she said in her toneless voice.

"What do you guys think?" She asked the other two, glancing at them shortly.

(Bronywubz, can you use quotation marks when your character speaks? It would help to know when he is talking and when he stops.)

Emery's question was answered fast. When the door opened the pony behind it talked about the poster. Then obviously the stallion of earlier was right. In that case, Emery would follow inside as she was invited in. She would take a seat, not minding the house she was in at the moment. As for the soda, she'd shake her head to politely decline it. She had breakfast not too long ago and a soda in the morning clearly wasn't the best thing. The next part caught her off guard, though. Record spoke of a dream immediately, and strangely enough it was very similar to the one Emery had. Could this all be a coincidence? According to Record, he was not the only one to have the same dream. The pegasus next to Emery seemed to have had it too according to the way she spoke.

Emery: Wait a minute... Are you saying we all had the same dream?

She asked, seeming rather confused, yet at the same time somewhat suspicious of it. She had to admit, if they all had the same dream then it couldn't be a coincidence. Something had to be related. For now she decided to ignore the fact that this pony asking for help wanted to go and see if that place existed. Emery needed to talk more before quickly getting herself into anything. She had plans for the day, already!

bB5ArgU.jpg

Cold nodded at Record and sipped on her soda once more before finally placing it down nearby. To see if the place existed? Well, the place in her dreams was unknown to her. So it could have a possibility that this place could actually exist. She looked down. Hmm... she does have nothing to do. And that stupid dream has been repeating over and over again. It needs to stop. And she has the feeling it's not gonna unless they do something about it. She looked up again.

"Alright. I'm in." She said simply.

After so, she looked at the mare that just arrived. She seemed confused. Well, I guess she has the right to be. Nopony explained to her about anything on this issue. She looked over to her with her usual emotionless face and spoke.

"Yeah. And if there's a meaning behind it, were gonna find it." She said.

Cold then looked at Record again and her face then equipped a much more determined, and somewhat mean look. Ohhh boy...

"So, what time are we leaving?" she asked Record.

Midnight looked at Cold, then at Record. She didn't have an occupation yet, so this might be an adventure worth going on.

"Hey, count me in too!" Her owl feathers ruffled eagerly. She was rarely excited, but for an occasion like this, she felt that a half-nocturnal creature should be involved.

"Well we need time to prepare for this adventure. I'm heading to the edge of the everfree tomorrow at noon if your sure you want to come meet me there, for now, we rest." Record said as he was already getting his bag out the closet.

No it's not you don't worry it's one that's been taking our stuff and giving it to random strangers that look poor. Plus, that Pegasus is taller.

Well, with this... I never said that pegasus is doing this. :D Nopony really met him/her.

Archived