Rainbow's Attempt at Explaining Life... (closed)

RainbowFoxxy

"Since when does a filly want fresh green stuff over sugary treats?" She laughed and trotted alongside her little friend. "Sounds good though. That's the stuff that will give us energy for all the fun camping stuff I have planned for us!"

"Hey, I like sweet things too! And yeah, I do want to go to Sugar Cube Corner too. Maybe a couple of sweet fruits would work too."

"Looks like we're gonna have to camp out somewhere half way tonight. I don't think we can make it all the way to the falls from here in half a day. It's no problem though! We can set up camp whenever we feel like it!"

The filly at first felt bad that the two weren't able to get to Rainbow Falls in a day. But then she realized that this was a blessing in disguise. She would get to have an extra time with Rainbow Dash! But now she had a goal to do, find food. She looked over the cluster of stands each offering their various wares. Scootaloo wasn't a picky pony when it came to food, except for broccoli, but thankfully that was something she could avoid easily. But the question remained what she wanted to have. There were the standard fare of apples, daisies and carrots that she had, some of which Rainbow Dash covered. Then an idea came to mind.

"I know, how about some berries! I like blueberries, raspberries and even strawberries. I'm sure there's a stand here that sells them."

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I know, how about some berries! I like blueberries, raspberries and even strawberries. I'm sure there's a stand here that sells them."

"Yeah! Some strawberries would taste so good right now!" Rainbow exclaimed as they entered the market area.

There were lots of stalls to choose from, all boasting the most delicious of treats. Dash almost stopped to look at some particularly fresh looking daisies when something else caught her eye.

"Wow! Look at the size of those strawberries! Come on Scootaloo, let's go get some before they get sold out!" Dash trotted over to the stall and looked around. The berries looked so plump and sweet, she could hardly wait to get them into her muzzle. "I'll take two, no three baskets!" She hoofed over the bits required and scooted the small crates of berries to the edge of the counter.

"Let's have this crate now! We can sit over there!" She nodded towards a set of benches under a tree to the side of the market. That would be a perfect spot to enjoy their treat.

Dash made her way over, carrying two crates of berries. She left the last one for Scoots to carry. Soon she had taken a seat and stuck her muzzle into the berries. She came up with a mouthful, chewing and swallowing the delicious strawberries. "Come on and get some of these Scoots! They're so good!"

Then Dash almost choked! Was that? No, she wouldn't be at the market this time of day. Although she would never tell anypony, Dash had the schedule of the white unicorn worked out in her brain. That way she could run into Rarity fairly often and make it look like coincidence. But this was totally unplanned and there she was! Dash tried to swallow the berries in her mouth and wipe the red juice from her face.

"Oh man..." Rainbow spoke under her breath. She was nervous just looking at Rarity today. The unicorn looked as clean and polished as ever. Her violet locks bounced as she trotted by, and that soft smile was playing her her perfect muzzle. Dash could feel herself beginning to break out into a nervous sweat. "I didn't think she'd be here today..."

SmallRarityBanner_zps4eb0d218.png

It was unscheduled, but Rarity had suddenly developed the absolute WORST cravings for STRAWBERRIES! She didn't like them most of the time, because they stained like nobodies business, and those were hard to get out! However right now she couldn't deny their sweet deliciousness, their glistening red hues...the adorable green tuffs! (Note to self make a strawberry themed ensemble with pretty green slippers! Rarity you are a /GENIUS/) Rarity was so focused on her quest for the elusive and delicious fruit that she hadn't even noticed the rainbow mare, heading right towards her though with strawberries in her sights, trotting past her and towards the cart...before freezing, and turning to look backwards.

"Why Rainbow Dash! What a surprise to see you here today!" Glancing down "Oh and Scootaloo is with you as well? It's so nice to see you both.. " She gave them both a soft smile, "Please tell me you two didn't buy ALL of the strawberries in Ponyville..?"

It was hard to tell which stall to choose from. Being a filly Scootaloo knew only a little about business and buying the best and cheapest of things. But didn't cheap mean bad and best things were the most expensive? It hurt the orange Pegasus's head just to think about it. Scootaloo was usually an impulse buyer, finding the first place and buying there thus skipping the mess of comparing. Luckily though Rainbow Dash had a better grasp on buying... or maybe not. The mare was just as impulsive, not just buying a small basket but three crates! Still they were the biggest most juicy looking strawberries Scootaloo ever saw, some of them almost as big as her hoof!

"Alright, let's have a snack,"Scootaloo replied as she assisted the rainbow manned mare by taking a crate over to the tree. She the graabbed a hoof-full of berries and shoved them in her mouth, making her cheeks puff out like a squirrel for a little until she chewed and swallowed.

"Oh wow, these are good. Did you know that stand had good strawberries before Rainbow Dash?" she asked when she saw a worried look on the mare's face as she wiped the reddish juice from her face. Scootaloo looked around to see what was the matter but saw no danger or concern. Maybe Rainbow Dash had an extra sensory danger sense that only cool Pegesai like her had, or maybe it was that Rainbow had a stomach ache. All there were was the stalls and the ponies. And oh, there was Rarity! Scootaloo of course knew her knowing Sweetie Belle. No matter when she saw the unicorn, Rarity was always pretty, like a walking statue. Of course Scootaloo wasn't a frilly pony but she did admire her and wondered if Sweetie Belle would be like Rarity when she became a mare.

​"Hi Rarity! Nice to see you too! Rainbow Dash and I are going camping, but we needed to get food. I think there are some left. Do you want to try some of ours before buying some?"

Scootaloo looked over at Rainbow Dash for confirmation that this was ok. But the mare actually looked strangely surprised. Why was she surprised at her best friend Rarity?

"Oh wow, these are good. Did you know that stand had good strawberries before Rainbow Dash?"

"Ah....ummmmm....no, I didn't know..." Rainbow tried to answer her friend though her thoughts were entirely elsewhere at the moment. She could feel her heart begin to beat strongly in her chest. She continued to absently wipe strawberry juice from her chin as Rarity trotted over.

"Please tell me you two didn't buy ALL of the strawberries in Ponyville..?"

"I...I ummmm...." Rainbow blinked and then shook her head. She had to get control of herself now! She had already made herself look silly enough. Rarity's smile had just about melted her into a puddle.

"Hi Rarity! Nice to see you too! Rainbow Dash and I are going camping, but we needed to get food. I think there are some left. Do you want to try some of ours before buying some?"

"Yeah! Why don't you share some of these with us?" There! She could do this. She was going to be as cool as ever. "They're super sweet." She chuckled lightly and nodded to Scootaloo. "Scoots here thinks they're pretty great... don't you Scoots?"

She turned back to Rarity. "Nice day huh? I don't usually see you at the market this time of day." She smiled, hoping Rarity would treat her to another lovely smile.

• 1 month later...

"Hello to you Scootaloo! Camping is such a ..You and Rainbow Dash thing to do!" She giggled, glad the two were bonding, elbowing Dash gently "Just no ghost stories hn?" She remembered last time all too well, and how Scootaloo had almost gotten hurt because of it! But when both Scootaloo and Dash offered to let her try one of the strawberries, she smiled softly and levitated a single berry up.

"Why thank you both! I appreciate the offer, I know I'm not normally at the market at this time of day" Acknowledging Dash's statement "But I had this HUGE craving for Strawberries out of the blue! It was so strange!" With that Rarity sunk her teeth into the soft, red flesh of the berry and let out a content little sigh and a "Mmmm" To go along with it.

"I declare! That has to be one of the sweetest berries in all of Ponyville!" Though she had to add "Maybe it's because Dashy DARLING touched them with her hooves " Batting her eyelashes in a teasing, yet flirty way.

Adults were strange in Scootaloo's opinion. Sometimes even ponies who seemed to have known each other since they were fillies or colts and were the best of friends acted... well goofy around each other! She watched as Rainbow Dash who was usually not at a loss of words now was tripping over them like a clumsy foal. Maybe Rainbow was allergic to strawberries, but then why did she try one if she was so? The only thing else that Scootaloo could tell that was different was Rarity appearing. Maybe her sheer beauty blinded Rainbow Dash, making it hard for her to concentrate.

"Scoots here thinks they're pretty great... don't you Scoots?"

"Huh?" she replied snapping her out of her thoughts before realizing what the rainbow Pegasus asked, "Oh yeah, the strawberries. They're really good!" '

As she lifted a basket of them, Rarity remarked how camping was something that she could see her and Dash doing. The filly could only guess that camping wasn't Rarity's thing but she went anyway with Sweetie Belle that one time. The mentioning of ghost stories though sent a shiver down Scootaloo's spine. It was probably the best worst time ever, one where she was frightened to the point of almost falling off a cliff but also had it not been for the nightmares and Luna's intervention Scootaloo wouldn't have seen how much Dash cared for her.

"Yeah... no ghost stories. Don't want to go walking off any cliffs."

As Rarity took a strawberry and bit into it, the filly couldn't but noticed how the unicorn seemed to eat in in slow motion. Was this something that all fancy mares did, eat in slow motion? Maybe it was to take the time and enjoy what they were eating.

"They are good aren't they? You know when I saw the strawberries at the stand, I really wanted them too! But they are probably the best ones I've had in... ever! Maybe you do have a magic touch in picking them up, huh Rainbow Dash?"

Rainbow had leaned forward, resting her chin on her front hooves as she watched the light gray unicorn bite into the strawberries. She swallowed hard, working to keep herself under control. Inside the pegasus felt like she was going to explode! Her heart was pounding, and she hoped she wasn't beginning to sweat. There was just something about Rarity that made Rainbow go all silly.

"Maybe it's because Dashy DARLING touched them with her hooves "

Maybe you do have a magic touch in picking them up, huh Rainbow Dash?"

"Uhhhh... hehehe...ya, well I have heard my hooves can do some amazing tricks!" She sat up and reached for a strawberry in what she hoped was a casual manner. She was having trouble keeping her thoughts straight. All Rainbow could see was Rarity batting her long lashes at her.

Many times Dash had wondered if Rarity really felt about her the way she felt about the unicorn. She had imagined it so many times. She would take Rarity out somewhere special, maybe show her just one more time how awesome Rainbow Dash could be, and then just tell her. Yeah, that's what she really wanted to do! She just wanted to tell Rarity that she really liked her, that she had always liked her. That she was so beautiful and that they would be so good together. They could be each other's very special someponies! Rarity was into totally different stuff from Dash but did that really matter? In Dash's fantasies they would be so happy together.

As she was thinking she raised a strawberry to her muzzle and took a big bite. The berry was so juicy that some of it sprayed out and headed straight for Rarity!

"Oh no..." Dash couldn't even look to see if she had marred Rarity with the crimson strawberry juice. Suddenly she just wanted to grab Scootaloo and head for the hills.

• 1 month later...

The conversation was so nice, and the mood so pleasant that Rarity couldn't help but giggle at Dash's comment about her hooves being capable of amazing tricks, and was about to enjoy another strawberry when she heard Dash go "Oh No..." and there was suddenly the feeling of dampness on her soft gray coat...

Rarity glanced down and her eyes widened, seeing a few small stains on her coat, standing out rather boldly, and for a moment she felt angry that Dash had STAINED HER COAT like that, but on the other hoof it was just an accident, nothing a good wash wouldn't fix...

"Oh...Oh my heh well Dashie it's nothing to be...be upset about it's just a little stain"

Scootaloo alternated her gaze between the two ponies wondering what was going on. It was as if the two were embarrassed seeing each other, but weren't they friends? Granted Scootaloo had embarrassing moments with her friends, but usually they had the experience together and they just laughed it off. What if it was something deeper between these two, something that could never be reconciled? Scootaloo would hat to have to choose between seeing Sweetie Belle or Rainbow Dash.

Despite the awkward situation things were relatively calm. That was until Rainbow Dash sprayed strawberry juice on Rarity's coat! Scootaloo wondered if the unicorn's coat would stain like a napkin or a white towel did when getting something on it. It clearly stood out on Rarity's coat but to her relief Rarity laughed it off.

"Guess I have to keep this in mind when I eat something juicy not to be too close to another pony, huh Rainbow Dash?"

Guess I have to keep this in mind when I eat something juicy not to be too close to another pony, huh Rainbow Dash?

Rainbow swallowed hard still trying to get a hold of herself. It seemed that Rarity was going to let her off the hook for this one but she just felt so bad. There was the perfect unicorn with crimson strawberry juice all over her coat. Well, there wasn't too much she could do about it. Besides, the way Rainbow was she could make herself forget something if she really wanted to.

"Yeah, I guess my range was bigger than I thought!" She chuckled nervously. "I-I'm really sorry about your coat Rarity. I mean you're-" She cleared her throat. "It's so pretty and I got juice on it and geez, yeah I'm sorry."

The group finished off one of the baskets of strawberries before too long and it seemed like they would soon need to get going with their trip. Rainbow however had thought up the scheme of somehow asking Rarity out before they left. She just had to make it sound like a regular friend get together.

"So we're headed for Rainbow Falls. Probably be gone a couple days." She tried to get Rarity talking.

"Accidents happen Dear, don't even fuss about it" She assured Rainbow Dash, glancing at the stain and tsking softly, the rest of the evening seemed pleasant, they polished off the basket(and no more juice splattered on Rarity!) And Rarity was just enjoying the warmth and  clearness of the day, it was so lovely, the smell of spring was in her nose, and Dash and Scootaloo were so pleasant! She hadn't figured Scootaloo would be up for having Rarity hang around, maybe she needed to get to know the filly better.

When Dash mentioned Rainbow Falls, Rarity's ears perked, glancing towards her "Oh really? Why that sounds lovely! I love Rainbow Falls, they are so beautiful this time of year" They were beautiful all the time but even MORE so in the Springtime!

Scootaloo knew that Rarity had her moments of stress, oddly when the orange filly was around with her fellow Crusaders at her shop, but mostly the unicorn was able to excuse any minor mishaps. This was an accident, caused by a rogue strawberry, and it certainly wasn't Rainbow Dash's fault. 

"Yeah, I guess my range was bigger than I thought!" 

"Don't feel bad. I have trouble eating plums. Those thing squirt everywhere!" 

The strange thing was how difficult it was for the rainbow manned Pegasus to admit that Rarity was pretty. There was no doubt that the mare was pretty, so maybe it was not a cool thing to admit to a friend that she was beautiful? Being cool was confusing the more that Scootaloo hung out with Rainbow Dash. Maybe the orange filly should take notes like Twilight sparkle was known to do. 

"So we're headed for Rainbow Falls. Probably be gone a couple days." 

"Oh really? Why that sounds lovely! I love Rainbow Falls, they are so beautiful this time of year" 

"Yeah, this is going to be really neat! Hey, do you want to join us Rarity? Maybe you can show us all the neat sights." 

"Yeah, this is going to be really neat! Hey, do you want to join us Rarity? Maybe you can show us all the neat sights

Well, that had worked out even better than she had planned it! Rainbow would have liked to ask Rarity to come with them but at the moment she was just so flustered that she couldn't. And now Scoots had asked instead! She doubted the unicorn would want to come along but if she did, that would be so awesome!

"So, what do you think Rarity? You up for a little camping adventure? Maybe you could bring Sweetie Belle like we did last time!" Rainbow thought back over the last camping trip they had all taken. What an adventure that had been. Plus, she had saved Scootaloo from a raging river and everything. If she could do something awesome again, maybe Rarity would begin to see her as more of a friend. In fact, maybe she could get some time just with Rarity and tell her how she felt! Just the thought of that caused the sky blue pegasus' stomach to drop.

"I know it's short notice and all but...well it could be really fun!"

Ofcourse such a wonderful offer would come at a time where she were incapable of accepting it! "Aw, I really wish I could Dash! Nothing would be more enjoyable than an adventure with you! But sadly I have a huge deadline I need to meet and was stepping out for a little break" She gave Dash a gentle peck on the cheek, and ruffled Scootaloo's mane "It was a pleasure darlings, but I really must be off!"

Rarity waved  once more, before trotting for home.

(Rarity out)

Although Scootaloo liked spending time with Rainbow Dash, the more ponies she could interact with the better. Rainbow Dash sure was interested in having Rarity accompany her to Rainbow Falls as maybe she was looking for a pony her age to hang around with as well. But to Scootaloo's surprise Rarity confessed that she couldn't go as her meeting was a fleeting one. There was no ill will in her parting and Scootaloo smiled as Rarity lovingly ruffled her mane before leaving. 

"Ok, maybe some other time then. Bye Rarity!" Scootaloo replied before turning to Rainbow Dash, "Well since Rarity is going are you ready to go?"

RainbowDashthingforFF_zpse1dda7f9.png

It was a pleasure darlings, but I really must be off!

Dash's heart skipped a beat as her friend gave her a little kiss on the cheek! A kiss from Rarity! The pegasus just sat and waved as Rarity took her leave. Sure she was disappointed the unicorn couldn't join them on their trip but still, she had gotten a kiss!

Well since Rarity is going are you ready to go?

Scoot's comment brought Dash back to reality. She looked around, taking stock of their supplies.

"Well, we've got camping gear, and some snacks. I think we're pretty much set! There's still enough day light to make it most of the way there. If we don't make it, we can always camp overnight where ever we end up!" The pegasus was still trying to get her fluttering heart to behave!

The two made their way out of town quickly enough and soon hit the woods. "You ready to venture into the dark scary forest Scootaloo?" Dash taunted her friend with a smile. "You never know what might be lurking in there..."

It was still strange the way that Rarity and Rainbow Dash interacted with each other, especially with the way that Rarity kissed the Pegasus. It was an innocent kiss enough nothing too strange that Scootaloo would see among friends. But the look on the rainbow manned pony's face was one of surprise as it looked like all sense had drained from her as she waved. Only Scootaloo's comment snapped her out of her fog. 

"Well, we've got camping gear, and some snacks. I think we're pretty much set! There's still enough day light to make it most of the way there. If we don't make it, we can always camp overnight where ever we end up!" 

Scootaloo was excited to be going but the idea of staying over somewhere that could be dangerous was both scary and cool at the same time. 

"You ready to venture into the dark scary forest Scootaloo?" Dash taunted her friend with a smile. "You never know what might be lurking in there..."

"I sure am!" Scootaloo said as they reached the end of town, "By the way, what's up with you and Rarity. You look all goofy around her." 

By the way, what's up with you and Rarity. You look all goofy around her.

Rainbow knew her little friend would ask her about that eventually. It was really no secret that the pegasus tended to act "all goofy" whenever her favorite light grey unicorn was around.She might as well just tell Scootaloo how things were. It was ok for her friend to know.

"Well, ya see Scootaloo. Sometimes ponies just really like each other you know? Like they make each other feel good inside and want to be around each other. Well, I would really like Rarity to be my very special some pony. She's just so pretty, and I like her so much!" Dash took off and flew a little loop before landing to walk next to the filly. 'It's just that she makes me so nervous! Kinda the same feeling as when I have to take a test!" She stuck out her tongue. "Yuck! But not really. It's like a butterflies in my stomach, can't keep my thoughts straight kinda feeling. I wish I could just tell her, but I'm afraid she won't like me back." She looked over at Scootaloo, not sure what her little friend would say. It was usually the other way around, Rainbow giving her advice. But Rainbow just needed somepony to talk to about this. "And anyway... it's kinda a secret that I feel like that. You won't tell Rarity will you?"

They were walking well outside of Ponyville now, through the Whitetail Woods. It was a pleasant afternoon with sunlight lancing through the trees and birds singing softly.

"I just wish she could have come with us on our trip but hey, no problem! We're still going and that's what it was supposed to be anyway!" It was obvious that Dash was feeling a little let down but she still was excited to go camping with Scootaloo.

For a moment Scootaloo would get the same thing that many older ponies would say about odd questions, things like "I'll tell you when you're older" or "Maybe you should ask some other pony." It always made her wonder when was the right time to know, maybe when she was Rainbow Dash's age? She sure hoped not as there might be a million questions by that time! Not to say the rainbow manned Pegasus was very old, but there was no telling what thought would pop up in her head between now and then. To her delight though Rainbow Dash told why she acted goofy towards Rarity and no other pony. It was a shock at first hearing that Rainbow Dash was that interested in the unicorn, but more surprised that Rainbow Dash was that interested in mares. It also surprised the orange filly that Rainbow Dash got scared meeting Rarity, and she was certainly a pony who rarely got scared of things least of all meeting new ponies. Was it that love made your afraid? 

"So by liking... her you mean lover, right? I'm kind of surprised that you like mares. I mean I don't know why I thought you liked stallions but I don't know. Don't worry though, your secret is safe with me. Have you ever told her how you feel?" 

• 5 weeks later...

"So by liking... her you mean lover, right? I'm kind of surprised that you like mares. I mean I don't know why I thought you liked stallions but I don't know. Don't worry though, your secret is safe with me. Have you ever told her how you feel?" 

Well her little friend was taking the information she dished out in stride. She thought Scoots probably would, she had always been cool with Rainbow Dash no matter what the situation. Dash certainly wanted to be somepony stable that Scootaloo could count on. She has promised to take the filly under her wing and all that. The haze from spending time with Rarity was beginning to lift. She had been traveling for a little while now and the clean air of the forest was doing her good. She looked over at Scoots as they made their way through the forest.

"Well...you know how I'm fearless right?" She winked at Scoots. "I mean I am Rainbow Dash after all! Truth is a guess I'm not completely fearless, especially when it has to do with that kind of stuff. No, I've never told Rarity how I feel and I don't know if I ever will. I mean I like being friends with her so much and I wouldn't want anything to get in the way of that!" She slowed to a walk, glancing about through the trees. it was nice in this part of the woods. Sunlight was lancing through the trees making golden shafts of light filtered with bright green from the leaves. A light breeze swept through, tossing her rainbow mane about. "Thanks for keeping my secret safe. Sisters are supposed to share secrets right? Besides, I'm not really sure what i like. Mares...stallions...it's just Rarity right now. Who knows what will happen right?" She smiled at her friend and then started trotting again. "Come on! We should get going if we've going to make it to the place I was thinking we could camp tonight!"

The two made their way through the woods and soon had reached a clearing on the other side. The perfect place to set up camp and do some star gazing. "Come on Scootaloo! Let's get this camp set up, get some food and a fire going!"

Scootaloo was relaxed about the situation with Dash's revelations, perhaps more than the rainbow manned mare expected. The filly wasn't one to get easily upset at things, having a come-what may attitude on life. But there was something else that made the orange filly act this way, a bond of trust that she had with Rainbow Dash. She knew that her older friend wouldn't do something to harm her life or the friendship between the two. This made whatever was said between the two easier than if she received the same news from a total stranger. 

"Well...you know how I'm fearless right?" She winked at Scoots. "I mean I am Rainbow Dash after all! Truth is a guess I'm not completely fearless, especially when it has to do with that kind of stuff. No, I've never told Rarity how I feel and I don't know if I ever will. I mean I like being friends with her so much and I wouldn't want anything to get in the way of that!"

"Well it's ok to not be completely fearless. I mean who said that you had to? I certainly didn't! As for telling Rarity how you feel I think that If she is your best friend that she wouldn't mind. And even if she didn't like you like that then she would still be friends with you, right?"

The filly beamed when Rainbow Dash mentioned how they were like sisters. Sure being friends with Rainbow Dash was cool, but sisters took things to a new and wonderful level. Rainbow did admit that she didn't know exactly what type of pony she liked, just Rarity. 

"I understand, but why Rarity and no pony else? I like her too as she's really smart and she's Sweetie Belle's sister, just not like you like her." 

She made her way through the forest and to a clearing where they would stop for the night. The filly wanted to really go straight to see Rainbow Falls but the little diversion with Rarity put things ion hold. It didn't bother her though as this was another day of fun with her sister! 

"Alright, I'll get the tent pieces out," Scootaloo said as she began pulling the massive ground tarp and tent cover from the bag. 

• 1 month later...

"Well it's ok to not be completely fearless. I mean who said that you had to? I certainly didn't! As for telling Rarity how you feel I think that If she is your best friend that she wouldn't mind. And even if she didn't like you like that then she would still be friends with you, right?"

"You know. for being a filly, you sure have some smart things to say sometimes Scoots," It was true what Scootaloo was saying. it just that Rainbow didn't want to always be just friends with Rarity. In fact, it made her heart a little sick to think that the unicorn might only ever be just a good friend. She wanted so much more.

Rainbow watched, lost in thought for a few minutes, while Scoots got the tent stuff out. Suddenly the pegasus' stomach began to rumble. "Let's get this taken care of Dash style!" Suddenly Dash was in the air, swooping about with lightening speed. Tent, fire, provisions, seats, and pink lawn flamingos were all set up in a matter of moments.

"There! Done!" She patted her stomach. "All we gotta do is get this fire going and we can cook some dinner. I'm starving!" The mare went to work trying to get the fire to light. She didn't have much success. "Want to try to get this going?" She gave an inquiring look towards her friend.

"You know. for being a filly, you sure have some smart things to say sometimes Scoots," 

"Thanks," Scootaloo replied to her friend. Normally it would offend her if somepony mentioned her being a filly like she was less intelligent than adults, but in this case she knew Rainbow Dash meant well. Still Scootaloo could tell that there was much on the rainbow manned Pegasus's mind, or actually somepony. Scootaloo couldn't relate too much to the mare's plight as she certainly didn't have a special somepony. But she could understand how some secrets would not sit well staying as secrets. 

"Let's get this taken care of Dash style!" Suddenly Dash was in the air, swooping about with lightening speed. Tent, fire, provisions, seats, and pink lawn flamingos were all set up in a matter of moments.

"Wow," Scootaloo replied as no sooner had she got the tent unpacked Dash set it up in a rainbow tornado. The filly sure wished she had her friend's speed as it would make getting homework, traveling to her friends, even trying to get her cutie mark faster. Why it reminded her of a comic she read, the Power Ponies, and a pony named Filli-second who was super speedy. 

"All we gotta do is get this fire going and we can cook some dinner. I'm starving!" The mare went to work trying to get the fire to light. She didn't have much success. "Want to try to get this going?"

"Uh sure," Scootaloo said as she didn't want admit she never had much experience starting fires, well not intentionally. Thankfully Rainbow Dash had matches there to use rather than other means. Scootaloo looked at the fire as she saw that there was indeed grass stuffed under the logs which smoked after a previous attempt but failed to light. Lighting a match Scootaloo dropped the match into the grass which started to catch fire but sputtered. She blew on it taking care not to get her face singed as the fire flared slightly but died to a little flame. 

"Well, it's a little flame but not enough to cook. Are the logs or grass wet or something?" 

• 5 weeks later...

"Well, it's a little flame but not enough to cook. Are the logs or grass wet or something?"

"Nah, you just have to set up the fire right!" came a sudden voice.  A pair of pink hooves quickly moved the logs around, putting a tent of smaller wood around the little flame, then built the larger logs around that.  The flame caught on the kindling, then moved upward onto the main logs.  "There ya go!  You'll be ready for cooking in no time!"  The owner of the voice sat back on her haunches, a big smile on her face.  "Hey Dashie!  Hey Scoots!"  Pinkie Pie said with a grin

Archived