A Changeling of Company

moonshineTheleocat

Java had started to talk about something, though he was cut off as his head was covered by Sine's body. Flux could still hear his voice, though none of the words. She giggled at the scene and the fact that Java was talking directly into the cat's side. Eventually, he got his head back out from under the cat, still talking about something involving a doctor and pony's hooves not being where they should be, as well as him not being up to date on idioms and... something else that she didn't even want to try pronouncing in her head. Then Java asked if she had eaten. She looked over at him from her position under Sine and smiled at him.

"Nope, haven't eaten yet." Flux said simply, her horn glowing as she levitated Sine up into the air with some effort, then standing and placing the tiger back onto the ground. She ruffled the fur on Sine's head as she giggled again. "Good kitty."

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Great!” Java quickly spun on his hooves with a hum and walked along the raised platform to a door just behind him. Oddly enough, this was still the firt floor, and the door it's self... was raised off of the ground floor in the room. The pony casually pushed it open and walked inside a large kitchen. The room wasn't nearly as large as the foyer. But it did make the rest of the first floor. There was a large dining table stationed off to the side, and the basic kitchen utilities lined one side of the room.

Towards the end opposite of the door, was a large sliding glass door that protected a darker area of the room. On closer inspection, it could be then noted that it was a pantry. And inside was a large variety of fruits, vegetables, and bread. The fruits and veggies had been submerged in stream water that was pouring out from a fountain closer to the door. All the breads, had been carefully placed inside sealed cupboards to protect them from the moisture. While bits that could actually benefit from such moisture, remained out in the open on the counters.

The pony moved gracefully along the side wall, rummaging through cupboards, and collecting a few pots and pans, while even given his fridge a visit to pull out a few items. He turned on the stove's heat, and moved back towards the pantry to collect a few spices and a loaf of bread before returning with a soft but happy hum.

“Mmm... so what would you like,” Java asked, looking back to the mare with a smile. A small thought did return to him to ponder on how cute she was, but it was quickly tossed away when he turned around to collect some spring water from the fountain.

Flux followed after Java happily, humming as she went. They took a short walk into the kitchen, which was rather large as well, though not quite as big as the previous room. Flux found herself standing in front of a glass door, looking in at the various food that was submerged, sealed, or simply out in the open. It looked interesting, but it wasn't for long. She began exploring the rest of the kitchen as Java continued to do his thing. She sneaked a couple glances at the stallion, thinking briefly on his looks. He looked good. She'd seen more handsome ones, but she really didn't care about that. She liked this one. Wether that was as a friend or as something more has yet to be seen.

"Hmm?" Flux questioned, the stallion's words breaking her out of her thoughts. "Oh, food, right. Umm..." She was trying to think of some kind of food she could request that wasn't love, but for some reason was drawing a blank. "How 'bout you decide? I can't seem to thinka anything." She finally said, looking at the stallion expectantly.

Java thought for a moment, his head slowly turning back to the stove as he thought of the many different options. He'd stamp a hoof on the ground as one came to him. “Ah! Well I think I know just the thing,” The stallion hummed as he now trotted back towards the pantry. “Do you like sweet things,” the stallion chirped? One of the sides he had in mind was something that he loved back in his foal hood. It was a little something his grandmother taught him how to make.

Though, the sudden memory, caused the pony to hesitate with his hoof on the door. He pursed his lips for a moment as a series of emotions struck him, and quickly discarded the thought. He went to the river in the back. His nose dipped into the water surface, where he used his teeth to fish out a few apples.

Once he returned to the stove, he placed them on the counter, and began to add a few things to the pan. “This might be a tad bit odd to ask. As most ponies usually retaining a strict vegan diet. But, do you enjoy fish.”

The stallion turned around to give the mare a very curious look.

(I think you mean vegetarian. Vegan is more restrictive, I think, and the only thing I know ponies typically don't eat would be meat. If you eat any food but meat, I think you're considered a vegetarian... Just thought I should point that out, not that it matters all that much.)

Flux watched as Java walked back over to the stove, asking if she liked sweet things. She smiled widely and nodded enthusiastically as he turned back around to head for the glass doors. He came back out with a couple apples, which he set on the counter before beginning his cooking, pausing to ask if she minded eating fish. She couldn't remember having fish before, though she could be wrong. It wasn't like she had been keeping track of which foods she had eaten.

"Umm... I guess it would be fine... I don't remember ever having fish..." Flux said, her face scrunched up slightly in thought.

((Horses can technically eat meat. Just not a lot and maybe once in a blue moon. It's not recommended for most horses diets. And only recommended in utility and racing horses diets. But only small amounts. There are vitamins in fish and eggs that can't be obtained reasonably with vegetables.))

"I don't eat it often. It takes pretty good actually if cooked correctly," The pony mused as he pulled a few more items from the fridge, and looked it over for a moment. Wondering how he was going to prepare it. "It's a nasty habit and I am trying to stop. But sadly there are a few vitamins that are good for you that's not easily located in vegetables. Nor reasonably obtained."

The pony shrugged for a moment as he now began to prepare a honey and brown-sugar mixture. "I blame a Griffon I used to date."

(I didn't say they couldn't. I was just pointing out the differences between vegan and vegetarian, or at least that you were using vegan wrong. I think vegans avoid eating anything that had been alive, which would include plants. I could be wrong about that, but I think that's what being vegan means. You're right about the vitamins and such though. The most notable one I can think of right now that would be easier to get through meat would be protein.)

Java spoke some more, saying he didn't eat fish often, but that it tasted good if prepared right. Flux tilted her head slightly as Java explained it was a bad habit he was trying to break, but was failing due to the availability of certain nutrients in meat that were hard to get through vegetables. He then went on to blame a previous girlfriend, a griffon, for the habit. Flux sat there in silence for a bit as she watched him begin to cook. She was more watching him than whatever it was he was cooking. So far, the meeting had been going great! She had made a new friend, possibly more, and found some work that she might make a permanent thing. She would miss traveling, assuming she stayed with Java, but it would be nice to have someplace to call home.

"What was she like? This griffon." Flux asked idly, not even really listening to herself.

Java smiled a bit to the question. He plopped the small scraps of fish inside the mixture he had made, and allowed them to soak while he tended to a few other things. His hoof quickly moving to snatch up a large knife from the counter, where he then began to chop a few apples in half.

“Well… she’s a he…” The pony corrected with a minor blush on his muzzle. “Mmm… I go both ways, but I tend to prefer males, with a specific taste in mares. I dated two however. A female and male,” the stallion continued as he now spun the apples about to remove their cores by slowly sweeping through the apple’s middle with a crescent motion. He felt a little odd revealing so much to the mare. But he wasn’t one to hold back information to the curious. “And well, he and I are really good friends. Foalhood really. Wasn’t a large guy. Smaller than the average in stature. But he was a smooth talker.”

The pony hummed as his eyes now shifted to the pan. He lifted the cutting board and scraped the apples into place.

“What about you?”

After a bit more preparation work, Java answered the question, saying the griffon had been a male. Well, she hadn't seen that coming. Apparently Java went both ways. They had something in common there. Flux frowned as the pony said he preferred males, though it returned when he said he had a taste for certain mares. So there was still hope!... If she even wanted that kind of relationship. She still wasn't sure. She listened to the rest of what he said only partially, as she was also still trying to decide if she liked him that way.

Flux looked up as the question was turned on her. She stared at the stallion for a bit before opening her mouth, only to close it again. She wasn't sure what to say. Her love life had been about as chaotic as her regular one, since she traveled so much. She made a slight humming sound before smiling sheepishly at Java.

"Well... I've kinda been around... Some mares, some stallions... Usually it would end because I would leave town for a long time. So... Yeah." Flux said, unsure why she was acting the way she was.

The stallion finally slipped the fish into a frying pan, and slowly sauntered back to the table to take a seat while the fish cooked away. He studdied the mare's expression for a moment, and slowly tilted his head to give her a very curious gaze. She seemed to be acting a little odd for her usual self. Which was definitely more energetic. Perhaps she was just relaxing.

The stallion chuckled a bit, and gave a light shrug. “I can't say I'd blame them if I were in your shoes. It's impolite to keep them waiting.”

Flux simply say there as Java sat down as well, the two watching each other. Then Java spoke, saying he couldn't blame them for ending it when she left.

"Yeah, I don't blame them." Flux said, her smile returning as she looked at the stallion. "So! What do you think of changelings? I think they're pretty cool!"

She then watched the stallion's reaction. If they were going to have that kind of relationship, it would probably be better if she told him what she was as apposed to him finding out himself. That is, if he wasn't going to freak out or something because she revealed herself. Her imaginary friends were warning her against revealing herself, but she waved them off.

The stallion blinked to the question. He found it completely out of the blue. Especially with where this very conversation went. But Just as quickly as the question had came out, the stallion already had an answer ready. In fact, Java was pretty accepting of most creatures, and alignments. Reguardless of their past actions. Generally, it all simply came down to him just accepting the fact that not everything has a source of goodness in their heart. Now, while he hasn't actually met a good changeling in person, he wouldn't doubt that there would be some nice ones about. It's just their primary source of nourishment causes some concern to Java.

"Well," The stallion began with a thoughtful shrug. His gaze now shifting up to the air. "I find them rather alluring after a while. Black carapice, and pony like bodies. Makes them unique really! Now... I don't think I met a friendly one. But I can't really blame them. They wouldn't be coherently evil in my book. Just a handful of creatures looking for food. Which... disturbingly is love. But hey, I am eating fish which is a type of diet alien to my species. Not quite recommended, and could likely cause problems if consumed to much."

The pony then looked back to the mare. "I am generally accepting of most species. The only thing I can't tolerate are spiders," The pony said with a slight shudder. His mind now suddenly flooding with a multi-colored swarm of eight-legged...things.

The pony then shifted his attention to the mare with a curious look. Once again wondering what brought the question up as he continued his own thoughts. "Now... I'd happily be friends with a changeling. But I'd still be a bit weary. Well... about the same level that I show to Sine. Sure, I might not look like it. Cuddling, wrestling, and even sticking my head in the tiger's jaws. But I know that she's still a carnivore that can pray on ponies. I just respect threats. There's rarely a lack of trust. More so, what happens when a creature get's deprived of it's main diet. Even a regular pony will go mad if he doesn't get his veggies in. And... last I checked. Love isn't a wound easily bandaged. Or recovered... for that matter. Annd... the damage I have seen..."

The pony pursed his lips together after recalling these strange cat creatures with hearts on their chests. Heart warming creatures, but a good amount of them had their love sucked dry. And just that, left them as an incredibly violent black husk.

"Well... terrifying. But I still can't blame them. Source of food."

Flux kinda tilted her head as Java spoke, saying he didn't mind them, and even found them alluring. That was a good thing, right? she wasn't really sure. He also said he had never met a friendly one. At least as far as he knew he hadn't. He then went on to say he was generally accepting of most species, the only real exception being spiders. Flux giggled at that, and the shudder that accompanied the words. Spiders weren't that bad.

Java was obviously curious, probably about why she had asked such a question in the first place. The way this was going, he would probably find out soon enough. Java began talking how he would be friends with a changeling, but that he would remain wary, like he did with Sine. If that's what him being wary looked like, she didn't think she'd mind. In fact, that sounded like how she acted when she was being wary of anything but revealing herself. Flux's smile faltered as he finished, deciding that she wouldn't reveal herself after all. At least not yet. He didn't have a bad opinion about what she was, but it wasn't all that good either.

"Hmm... I see..." She said, falling silent for a few moments before looking back at the stallion, her smile returning. "Well, no matter! You're still cute." Flux said, appearing next to Java only to bop him on the nose, making a 'boop' noise before disappearing and reappearing back in her seat with a giggle.

Java's eyes flickered when he noticed the smile shifting. His mind started processing this a bit now. It was a tad bit odd for a pony to frown when he was talking about is opinions against them. Sure, a frown in the earlier portion would make more since. But this late? When he was just finishing up? The pony was only about to say something, before hearing a sudden word fill the air. "Cute"

This caused the pony to freeze almost entirely. His brain's gears even came to a screeching hault.

"C-cute?" The stallion chirped, a flustered blush now appearing on his muzzle. And then his eyes fixed on her snout. It appeared to be growing bigger. Much bigger. Wait, no! It was actually growing closer! Was she coming in for a kiss? The stallion was practically panicking in place. His body visibly twitching as it tried to make some form of movement, but ultimately failed. And that's when it happened. His nose meeting the other mare's. If Java was actually wearing his glasses, they'd be covered in fog by now as his body heat had escallated almost ten fold.

And then once the mare's nose left his. His body sort of rocked around without moving, before finally falling over onto his back. His limbs frozen place like a statue. "I-I see..." The stallion mumbled nervously. "W-well, I think you're... a beautiful creature too?"

Flux giggled at Java's reaction as she watched him lay there on his back, hooves frozen in place. He looked silly like that! She quieted down to hear what Java was saying, her smile growing wider as he said she was a beautiful creature. Even though it sounded like he was unsure, he had still said it! Flux got to her hooves again moving so that she was standing with his head in front of her before leaning herself into his vision, though she would be entering from the top. She smiled at him as she spoke.

"Thanks!" Flux said simply, staying there for another few seconds before drawing back out of his vision again before walking over to his side and placing her hoof lightly on his chest, posing as if she were a hunter that had just conquered a dangerous beast.

"I have felled the mighty Vohrohnay whatevertheheckcameafterthat with nary an effort on my part!" She proclaimed playfully. "I shall mount his head on my wall of trophies!" After that, she stayed in the pose for awhile before suddenly breaking out into laughter and falling onto her back.

Java watched the mare, his eyes going cross eyed while his body now finally began to relax, allowing him to move once more. When the mare rolled over into laughter, the pony rolled back to his hooves with a bright blush on his muzzle. Both from the fact he thought he was going to be smooched so soon. And from his embarrassing reaction. Letting out a soft whistle, as a new thought came into mind. The pony quickly scrambled to the frying pan, and gave it a quick flick into the air. Flipping the fish. His eyes moved to check on the apples as they baked, and slowly lowered the temperature.

"h-heh. Almost burned them. Oh! And it's Pronounced Vah-Ro-noi"

Cracking her eyes open a bit, Flux saw Java scramble back to the food being cooked, and she smiled at his backside as her laughter died down. Her ears perked up slightly as Java spoke, saying he had almost burned the food before giving the correct pronunciation of his real name.

"Alright, Vah-ro-noi." She said purposefully pronouncing each syllable to mess with him, then rolling herself into a sitting position. "I prefer Java. It fits you better, I think." She said, still watching the stallion.

"Well..." the pony thought for a moment, now turning around to face the other mare. That small thought he had earlier now growing a bit larger and more tempting. The stallion really wanted to plant a small peck to the mare’s lips. Java couldn’t put a hoof on it, but he started to feel more attracted to the mare. Her energy was adorable, and exciting. Maybe, just maybe, he found what he could call a special some pony? The pony edge a bit closer to the mare. His nose coming within a hair's reach to her's as he looks into her eyes for a moment. But these thoughts were quickly over-ran when his brain became active once again. A quick flashback reoccurred to the frown he had received just at the end of their small little conversation. Not just that, but how the question came up out of the blue… and so seriously at that. He kept his gaze locked for a moment. They were beaming with a mixture of curious passion, and wonder. Previous thoughts of planting a kiss soon faded when he let out a soft exhale. The stallion finally dipping his head to one side to take a closer look at her. Searching for any oddities.

"Now... curious curious...." the pony hummed to himself. His thoughts quickly descrambled themselves when he began to recall a few details. He had heard rumors of friendly Changelings before. And they seem to all ask the very same question before exposing them selves. The pony's head dipped down a little lower. His eyes raisin up to look at the underside of her jaw. And then back up once again.

No pony should be able to spot the difference between a Changeling and a real pony. But, they never said anything about coaxing it out.

"Curiouser..." The pony hummed. Now sitting back as he moved his hooves to gently grasp the mare's head and tilt it around slowly. He then pulled his own head a bit closer. Though this time, his blush quickly returned. His nose now touching the other's. His heart rate was rising, and his anxiety was causing the pony to burn up.

"As adorable as you are... I do have one question for you. You asked a very strange question earlier... that was slightly unrelated to the conversation. And you reacted strangely, not at the beginning... but the end. My dear, what are you?"

Java soon turned to face her, looking at her a bit before coming closer. Flux watched as he came so close their noses were practically touching. Was this what she thought it was? She certainly hoped so. Her eyes widened in excitement at first, and stayed that way until Java simply exhaled on her before looking her over. She frowned as he looked away from her face, simply sitting still and letting him do whatever it was that he was doing. She gave no real resistance when he began moving her head around with his hooves, though she did raise an eyebrow questioningly at him. She raised both eyebrows as he touched his nose to hers, and she opened her mouth to speak, only to be cut off by Java doing so first. Well, at least he found her adorable. Her mouth closed after a few seconds, her expression brightening a bit before she answered.

"Silly, I'm you're new assistant!" Flux said, reaching her hoof around carefully to pat him on the head gently. After that, she kept her hoof on his head, pushing their foreheads together carefully so she didn't hurt him with her horn accidently. Now with their foreheads and muzzles touching, all they could really see were the other's eyes.

"I'm also a changeling." She whispered, almost conspiratorially. She then let the disguise around her eyes fade so that Java would now be looking at a set of purple changeling eyes. He had already figured it out, essentially, so she saw no harm in telling him.

Java couldn’t smile. He was petrified with delight, as he saw the form give away. The sort of delight one can experience when solving a difficult puzzle, and has been met with a heavenly reward. The pony’s head quickly pulled away so he could take a few steps back to observe the changing process, and then the revelation.

The pony’s jaw stood agape as his eyes scanned every detail incredulously. The Stallion’s body twitched a bit. His lips quivered, before finally uttering one word. “I-incredible!” Java’s face was lit up with a beaming smile as he quickly moved about to observe every bit of detail.

“Wow! I never thought I’d be able to see a Changeling up close like this! Well, technically I had been close to a changling… just usually when it’s aggressive,” The pony hummed, he was now on his chest looking through one of the many different holes in her legs.

He then quickly scrambled back to his hooves, and moved hoof to lightly lift one of her wings. He knew well in advance that they were merely membranes, instead of flesh and bone like regular ponies, so he took extra care in being gentle. His eyes fixed themselves curiously on the translucent appendage. They shifted back and forth excitedly like a foal during hearth-fire.

“Black Chitlin,” The pony hummed as he gave her back a light touch. Almost immediately noticing that it had a strange property. It behaved like normal flesh, but still felt like an insects hide. “Oh-ho-ho! You really are a beautiful creature indeed!”

The pony chimmed happily, now spinning around completely on his hooves, around the mare, and back to her front. His hooves now gently grasping her head, and pulling her into a nearly passionate kiss. Finally, all the emotions he was feeling expressed at once! But when the stallion realized what he was doing, he was glowing brighter than the sun.

His cheeks turned a bright shade of red that far over powered his dark brown fur. And consequently, he began to pull back. Bashfully looking down to his hooves. “E-er! Sss-sorry! Got… out of control there.”

Java soon backed away, though it wasn't in fear. Flux guessed he wanted to see her as she was naturally, so she let the rest of the disguise drop. He soon began to examine her body again, though he was more excited about it this time. She watched him as he moved around her, examining various parts of her body. Her wings twitched unconsciously as Java began touching them. He was being careful, which was good. Eventually, he did a spin move around her, ending up in front of her before kissing her. She returned the kiss, which ended with Java pulling back, blushing profusely before looking at his hooves and apologizing for the kiss. Giggling softly, she gently raised his chin with a hoof, smiling at him when their eyes met.

"Believe me, it wasn't unwelcome." Flux said, still smiling at him.

"O-oh really!?" Java's gaze rose almost immediately. A chagrin grin now beaming from his jaws. When he heard the sound of sizzling, the pony quickly moved to the frying pan to check on the fish. Seeing that it was almost done, the pony quickly began to sprinkle a bit of lemon juice over it, as well as a handful of herbs and spices. Once he saw the fish's color was now completely uniform, he removed it from the pan by scooping it up with a spatula, and set it on the nearby plate. All that was left were the Apples to complete.

The stallion's eyes glanced to the apples as they cooked. But his mind began to happily wonder off from his pleasant surprise. But then something loomed over that. Initially casting a minor shadow of doubt. But this quickly grew larger and larger till it was practically cast by a mountain, Leaving Java to stand in the valley. His ears lowered for a moment. His memory quickly returning to what a changeling is required to feed off of. "Hey..." The pony began. He was trying to keep his tone normal, but there was a mixture of pain in it.

The pony's attention then turned to look to the changeling. "How... long can you go without consuming another creature's love?"

Java seemed very happy about what she had said, which caused her to smile at him in return. She nodded at his question, keeping her gaze locked on him. This could work. Java went off to tend to the food, and Flux simply watched him happily once again. She began idly rocking back and forth, humming quietly as she tried to occupy herself while she waited. She even began bobbing her head to the imaginary beat.

Flux looked over at Java as he began speaking, something obviously wrong by the sound of his voice. She stopped moving and humming to look at Java in concern. Then came the question of how long she could go before she had to feed. She frowned as she tried to think of the intervals between her feedings. She remained silent for a while, a look of concentration on her face.

"Hmm... Not sure... I've never really payed attention to how long I go between feeding..." Flux said, looking back at Java.

Java tried to stifle an increasing frown as he now slowly approached the mare and sat down. His tail moving to lay by his side. So she couldn't remember when she needs to feed. This could be a problem. This probably couldn't be. He wasn't sure if that meant that instinct generally takes over for her, and causes her to go hunting for the nearest source of food. His gaze now hazed a bit as he slowly tilted his head in thought. He wouldn't mind keeping her as an assistant. Even staying for a while. But the risk was his own emotions for the little mare. Something that was actually more dangerous than possibly dying, was having what made you a pony ripped from you, and left unrecoverable. A hostile shell of hatred, and sadness.

"Alright alright..." The pony hummed. From the way his voice was wavering, his hope was clearly starting to degrade. This answer wasn't really reassuring to the stallion as he now shifted a bit closer to her side.

"What... about what happens if you go to long? Do you have any control over what you feed from?"

That answer didn't seem to reassure the stallion, but she hadn't really thought it would. Flux simply watched as Java seemed to be deep in thought. She wanted to stay with him, but the way things were going he might push her away, or simply keep their relationship strictly as an employer and employee. While that would be better than no contact at all, she didn't want that to happen. She liked him. Not like she did her friends, this was deeper.

Flux frowned as Java spoke again, clearly losing hope in the situation. He shifted closer to her side, her eyes following his movement as he asked what happened when she went too long.

"Well, I've never gotten too bad. Mostly I just seem to get grumpy when I'm hungry. I've got control, yeah. Just like ponies, it takes a bit of effort to do it, and since it's magic, I have to concentrate on it a bit for it to work." Flux said, looking up at the ceiling as she thought. She looked back at Java after a moment and tried to smile reassuringly at him. "I wouldn't feed from you if you didn't want me to. Even if I did, it would be small amounts every now and then. I... I like you, I don't want to drain you... Not to mention that kind of thing tends to attract attention I don't really want."

Archived