• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canvas was a simple unicorn mare who was born in Canterlot. Her blue body and long black mane made her stick out of the crowd, especially since there wasnt one. Canterlot was empty and deserted, no other ponies were around, but she was used to it. She had been born minutes before Celestia and Luna had been possessed and had destroyed Canterlot. Now she was searching, like she had been for all of her sixteen years, hoping to find anypony to travel with her. however she doubted she would for she had never found anypony before.

( http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii309/Ikima/flowerteens_zpsf853d17c.png I will be using them. From left to right they are Glady Leaf, Violet Charm and Seria Rosa. To let you know, Seria is a fairy. Fairies have a british accent.)

Strangely enough, this period of time was not theirs. How they ended up here was actually a mystery. They were not sure themselves... All that they knew was that they were with another pony who wanted to show them something with a certain item... Unfortunately for them they couldn't really remember what happened then as they found themselves sent here. As they appeared in a flash, they would all look around as they'd stand there. They would all see the same things. Buildings all around them, not taken care of, most of them fallen into ruins. The fairy could actually recognise this place... It was Canterlot, completely deserted.

Seria: Just what in the whole world happened here?...

She'd ask herself outloud. She caught the attention of her friends this way. Both Violet and Glady stared at her for a moment.

Glady: Where are we anyway?

The earth mare asked. Violet decided to look around some more, making a few steps forward, looking at the buildings. While paying more attention to the details it's then that she would realize something, to which she would let out a gasp.

Violet: This can't be!...

Seria: Right... This is Canterlot.

Glady: Canterlot?!

Everyone was surprised at this point. Glady seemed to be the only one not to notice it, so she could only believe in what was said. Seria tried to reason with the whole situation, knowing at first that before they got sent here, Canterlot was just fine. The state it was in couldn't have happened in just a few days or even months. What they were seeing was an empty city, a Canterlot left behind by its princesses. Well, they couldn't do much about it for the moment.

Seria: Right... Let us try and look around for others. Perhaps we can have a few questions answered.

The fairy would say. At this, the two others would nod in agreement. Seria began to walk and the two others would follow her as they would go deeper in the deserted city.

Canvas had stopped walking when she heard a loud noise coming from the city square. Now she was listening as what she thought were voices were rising and falling. These couldnt be voices. Canterlot had been deserted for the longest time and yet as she continued to doubt she saw three other ponies walk toward her. She couldnt believe it! Other ponies! she was about to un to them when a thought occured to her. What if they had been sent by Celestia and Luna to search for survivors. She decided to play it safe and watch them from afar.

The three ponies would discuss some among each other as they'd be walking around the place looking for somepony else... So far, though, they couldn't see anypony else at all. This city was truly emptied of all life. Just what in the world happened to Canterlot to be like this? They could wonder all they wanted, but they couldn't answer this question yet.

As they'd continue to walk, Seria tried to pay more attention to her surroundings and she'd spot something from the corner of her eyes. She stopped where she was, making the two others stop as well, but as soon as she turned her head to see what she saw, it was already gone.

Glady: You okay?

Glady wondered when she saw that Seria seemed to have seen something.

Seria: I swear I saw something moving.

She said. Glady and Violet began to do the same and looked around as well. In the meantime Seria concentrated with her eyes closed... She knew her fairy abilities well of sensing the earth and life around her. Once in her state she started to mentaly locate living beings in her surrounding. She easily detected both her friends who were next to her, but she could also sense a third one... Although not found yet, she knew someone definitely was there.

Seria: Someone definitely is close to us. I haven't found him or her yet, but there is another life here.

She'd confirm. To this confirmation Glady decided to walk around in the direction mostly opposite to the hidden pony, but Violet decided to do the same and check the other direction, heading toward a building that was actually rather close to Canvas. The young unicorn looked around.

Canvas had been using her magic to secretly watch the other three ponies. One was coming to close to where she was. She didnt like this. She slowly inched forward towards the ponie closest (Violet) but staying in the shadows. She was prepared to fight if it came to that.

Even though they were searching, they couldn't find anything... At least with their eyes they couldn't. On her side, Violet couldn't see whatever it is that Seria thought she saw. The unicorn turned around and looked at Glady, shrugging. Both didn't know really where to look... So they decided to come back to the fairy instead. Seria still had her eyes closed, keeping her focus on as she looked around by sensing the energy around her. So even if someone was invisible, she could detect it with enough time.

Eventually Seria would open her eyes and look in the direction where the hidden pony is. With just her eyes she couldn't see her, but she knew well enough she was there.

Seria: I know you are there. Why don't you show yourself? We're not here to harm you. Actually we would like to ask you a few questions about what happened to this place.

Seria seemed to be speaking to no one since there was no one else in sight. Glady was actually wondering if there really was anyone there. She couldn't tell... she was getting confused by this. She could trust Seria's abilities, but to see her talk to no one seemed to make the whole thing less convincing. Violet decided to just trust the fairy and let her do her work instead.

Canvas heard the other pony talking to her and decided to light up her horn, showing where she was but not her face. " i have some questions of my own." she said. She stepped out of the darkness into the light of day and turned off her horn. " Who are you?" she said " no has been here for 16 years and i would like to know why somepony would just suddenly pop out of nowhere."

16 years? Everyone was surprised when they heard that. Just yesterday Canterlot was fine! How could it have turned like this and... apparently it has been that way for 16 years? How odd, that didn't make much sense. Yet they wouldn't make mention of this right away. Clearly this pony was not seeing them as friends at the moment, so Seria had to prove they weren't bad.

Seria: We've arrived here... I'm not certain how, but something went wrong somewhere. Canterlot has never been in that state before. Anyway, I'll at least introduce us. My name is Seria Rosa. This is Glady Leaf and here is Violet Charm.

The fairy would say introducing the two others properly. Now that this was done, Seria could come back to this other point she was wondering about.

Seria: Now... What do you mean by no one has been here for 16 years? Just yesterday this city was still standing and all of a sudden it has fallen in ruins.

Seria: The two princesses turning against their own country?!

Even the two others let out a gasp. This couldn't be true! Not even Glady could believe such a thing. She stepped forward, staring at the pony with angry eyes.

Glady: Who do you think you are to say something like that?! The princesses would never go against Equestria, that's nonsense!

Glady had only known the kindness of the princesses, so for her it was impossible to think they could turn bad. But before things would get worse with the earth pony, the fairy once again spoke after she came in front of Glady in a way to calm her some.

Seria: Please explain what you mean.

The fairy would say to the other pony.

Canvas felt a twang of angry when Glady yelled at her but calmed down when Seria stepped forward. "I can do better than that," Canvas said "i can show you." Canvas concentrated on focusing and aiming her magic at the three ponies and created a portal behind them that sucked all four of them in. Canvas felt herself falling through time until she landed lightly on the neatly polished ground in Past Canterlot. The other three didnt have the same luck falling on top of each other. Canvas helped them up and led them towards the castle. "Watch." Canvas said pointing with her hoof at the castle. A few seconds later it exploded rubble flying everywhere. They all watched as Luna and Celestia flew out each laughing maniacly. "PONIES!" Celestia said " IT IS ABOUT TIME YOU ALL LEARNED TRUE FEAR!!" and they flew throughout Canterlot destroying and killing other ponies.

Suddenly Canvas saw sommething she had never seen before and her gaze saddened. A white unicorn was running towards the border while a blue pegasus flew towards the princesses. "My parnes" she whispered and suddenly they were sucked back to the present. Canvas had tears in her eyes and quickly looked away from the other ponies. "There. There's your proof." she said barely keeping herself from breaking into tears. How long had it been since she'd seen her parents?

Canvas felt a twang of angry when Glady yelled at her but calmed down when Seria stepped forward. "I can do better than that," Canvas said "i can show you." Canvas concentrated on focusing and aiming her magic at the three ponies and created a portal behind them that sucked all four of them in. Canvas felt herself falling through time until she landed lightly on the neatly polished ground in Past Canterlot. The other three didnt have the same luck falling on top of each other. Canvas helped them up and led them towards the castle. "Watch." Canvas said pointing with her hoof at the castle. A few seconds later it exploded rubble flying everywhere. They all watched as Luna and Celestia flew out each laughing maniacly. "PONIES!" Celestia said " IT IS ABOUT TIME YOU ALL LEARNED TRUE FEAR!!" and they flew throughout Canterlot destroying and killing other ponies.

Suddenly Canvas saw sommething she had never seen before and her gaze saddened. A white unicorn was running towards the border while a blue pegasus flew towards the princesses. "My parnes" she whispered and suddenly they were sucked back to the present. Canvas had tears in her eyes and quickly looked away from the other ponies. "There. There's your proof." she said barely keeping herself from breaking into tears. How long had it been since she'd seen her parents?

(( lol sorry parents))

After being sucked in that portal one by one, the trio would fall out from it one by one as well, Violet landing first, Glady landing on top of her and Seria the last one... Thankfully they were all okay. After Canvas helped them they looked around only to recognise Canterlot. Only... It seemed to be somewhat different, as if it wasn't in the same time era they really lived in, but still they could easily recognise it.

Glady: What's going on?

She would ask just like that. Then Canvas would lead them toward the castle of the two sisters. The trio followed her until they'd reach a certain point and some sort of explosion happened. Immediately the three friends brought their guard up just in case. Then right after that, the two princesses showed up while laughing in a maniac way before yelling out that they would learn about true fear and then... they began to mercilessly kill and destroy everything around.

Glady: What the-?!

Glady said loudly, unable to believe what she was witnessing. Yet before she could even try anything, they would be sent back to the present time, in the ruins of Canterlot. After they came back, Glady nervously looked around while Seria became thoughtful. Violet was not so certain of how to react... she tried to figure out what had just happened, but to tell if this was true or not... yet it seemed to be too real. When Canvas spoke again, Glady turned to her.

Glady: Wait, what tell that this isn't all just fake? Maybe that-

Seria; It's not fake... I think it's real.

After being interrupted, Glady turned herself to Seria. The earth pony was nervous, it was obvious...

Glady: How... how come?

Seria: I think... that we have been sent in the future.

Glady: The future?...

Seria: Right... I doubt that any of this could have happened in just a day. Besides, where were we 16 years ago? You and Violet were not even born yet, but we know the two princesses are too kind... well, at least they're kind in our timeline. Whatever happened today... sent us here in a different timeline.

Glady and Violet remained silent at the explanation of the fairy. Violet seemed to understand, but her look saddened rather fast as she realized that what was shown to them, was actually real. Glady remained without words for a brief moment. She saw Violet's change of mood and it seemed to somewhat calm her down, but she saddened as well.

Glady: So... what we saw would be...

She didn't need to end her sentence that Seria nodded. It made the earth pony lower her head a little and she walked away to distance herself from the others a little toward a destroyed building. She looked down at the debris as she thought back of what she saw right now... it angered her. To think that this was a future that was awaiting Equestria. It was sad and it angered her. Frustration growing she started to punch debris, breaking big pieces into smaller ones with ease due to her immense strength. Seria thought of it as a normal reaction and decided to let her do so. Instead she would take care of something else. She approached Canvas a little to speak to her.

Seria: We believe you. And if it is all true, then we are not from this era. Do you know where the princesses are today?

"No" Canvas said to Seria. "After they had destroyed Canterlot they flew away,only to destroy more of the world i'd assume, I only know so much because of my mother. She showed me Twilight and the others fighting them and losing horribly. Then she died. Come on lets go." And with that Canvas took them to her cave. it was a farely large cave that they could all fit in easily. Since Canvas's special talent was art the whole cave was decorated with beautiful morals. The largest one contained her parents, the white unicorn with red hair, and her father the blue pegasus with jet black hair. They were standing against an eclipse the sky shinig gold behind them. And in between them stood Canvas as a little filly.

When Seria heard about how Celestia and Luna destroyed more of the world, she feared that even her beloved hidden kingdom had been hit. When fairies were living in peace and away from others, she hoped that they didn't have to suffer the same fate... She didn't add anything to the part where the Elements of Harmony had lost as well... it was rather sad, to say the least. When they were asked to follow, Violet immediately did, but for Glady, Seria had to call her and ask her to follow, which she did as well.

The gang would follow Canvas up to her cave. It was rather spacious since everyone could fit inside with ease. Yet not only would they notice that it was spacious, but also how decorated it was. Murals were everywhere. The trio took the time to observe, Violet being the first to comment.

Violet: You've made these? They're beautiful.

She'd say. She guessed that Canvas was the one who made those murals given she was the only one living here. They'd eventually come to one in particular, a rather big one. It was showing two adult ponies, one being a white unicorn and the other being a blue pegasus. There was also one in the middle who seemed to have familiar colors. The three girls looked at it as well, Seria noticing mostly the resemblance between the filly in the painting and the pony who took them to this cave.

Seria: These were your parents?

She'd simply ask.

"Yes." Canvas replied still staring at the mural. Canvas smiled " In case you havent noticed my paint splotch of a cutie mark you may be wondering who did these." But Canvas knew they had known who'd painted them. "Would you like me to paint you three? I may need something to remember you guys if something were to happen. Its very dangerous here."

The three ponies looked back at Canvas, Seria smiling at her. The offer was tempting and kind.

Glady: Dangerous? Well, it's never dangerous for us. We're too good of a team!

Glady said with a chuckle at first. It made Seria giggle at that comment of hers. She would gladly agree with that.

Seria: This is a kind offer, but haven't we forgotten something? We don't even know your name yet.

Seria nodded to Canvas.

Seria: It's nice to meet you, then. Well?

She'd say, now turning to her two friends with a soft smile.

Seria: How about we get ourselves portrayed on these walls?

She'd ask them. both Glady and Violet nodded with a smile as they accepted the offer of Canvas. They would then move next to the fairy and take place there. Seria would look back at Canvas.

Seria: In the meantime, perhaps you could tell us a little more about this world? You said it is dangerous, but what makes it dangerous other than the two princesses? Did they raise another kingdom somewhere else? What is their goal?

Canvas used her magic to carefully extract a little bit of color from different parts on the ponies and put them on a nearby easel. "This way i match your colors perfectly. No worries it does nothing to your actual color." she said as she sketched each pony out on a nearby wall. " Now then what makes this place dangerous? Well, ill tell you. There are fiends that have grown to adapt to the new environment. Timberwolves, griffins, even the bunnies and breezies. they've all changed for the worst. All of them have become viciuos and hostile attacking everything that bleeds. They mostly hang around the Everfree forest, which has now destroyed Ponyville, and i suspect that the princesses may be rebuilding their old castle there." Canvas began to paint Seria and sighed "My parents were killed mercilessly by these these THINGS that do not deserve to have a title. They are all the same when it comes down to it. Hmph... I... dont actually know what the goal of the two princesses are. I've tried to avoid them as much as possible and try not to think of them. But if I were to guess, I would say they are attempting to locate and destroy the lost elements of harmony." Canvas moved on to Glady.

" you said that you didnt know how you got here. When we first met. You acted like you hadnt been here for your whole life. Tell me...tell me about where you come from." Canvas said now moving on to Violet.

To tell the truth, Seria was holding a lot inside at the moment when she heard that most creatures turned vicious and dangerous... to think even breezies would begin to attack. She just hoped that those from the fairy kingdom remained intact. She kept listening to what Canvas had to say about all of this, then hearing her speak about her parents death as well as what the princesses were trying to do with the elements... which made Seria rather curious about it. She could ask later, though. Out of respect she would take a turn to talk about their time.

Seria: It is peaceful in our time. Both princesses rule over Equestria in a peaceful way. Sometime there is trouble, but it is quickly taken care of. Everyone gets along well. And... from where I come from is the fairy kingdom, a kingdom hidden to the world. I'm the only known fairy in our time.

She'd begin to say.

Glady: There's no real trouble like what's going on here in our time.

Violet: Besides we've never ever seen Canterlot like that, not even the 16 years ago you've shown us.

They'd say to complete what Seria said.

Seria: It's not at all like it is here. But... I beg to ask you... what do you mean by ''the lost elements of harmony''? I'm aware of Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends' elements, but... I have never ever heard about the lost elements before.

Canvas smiled. "The lost elements are the remainder of the original smashed elements. The ones that Luna and Celestia destroyed along with Twilight and the others. They are now rumored to stand for Love ,Trust,Happiness, Spirit, Charity, and allegiance. Theres supposed to be a small piece of Twilights and the others souls in them and they keep them safe until a new group of friends appear that can control them." Canvas was painting a background behind each pony. It was a rainbow that went all across the picture completely surrounding the three friends painted on the wall. "Finished." she said sitting back and admiring her work. It was an exact replica of the three standing before her. " Can you tell me what you remember before you got teleported here?" she asked motioning for them all to come and look at the painting.

The flower fillies moved out of their spot so they could observe the painting done. The three of them smiled at the same time and Glady whistled at the art before them.

Glady: You've got some serious skills in this!

She'd compliment with the two others agreeing. As for Canvas' question, once again Seria would give her answer to it and gave her attention to Canvas.

Seria: We were with another pony who was practicing magic. She told us about a strange stone she had, something I had never seen before... We accompanied her to her place and there she tried to perform a spell. Somehow the spell must have reacted with the stone. After what a bright flash occured and... here we are. She seemed clumzy enough, I doubt she meant to do that.

Archived