The Moonlight fort [private]

Elssir

(First I should write all informations. )

The forest was cold and very quiet. The mist was so deep that the trees just few steps away were hard to see.

Everything seems that strange pegasus was here because here were steps in the ground. He or she probably went the way to Zecoras hut.

Also in the dirt was something shiny. Maybe some silver coin or something very close to it.

But still the strange feeling that you're not alone was here. And a dark silhouette of a big bird was visible on the dead tree.

(Okay. I guess now it's on you. )

( http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii309/Ikima/flowerteens_zpsf853d17c.png This is who I'm using. Glady Leaf, Violet Charm and Seria Rosa in that order on the picture.)

At the entrance of the Everfree Forest, the trio who called themselves the Flower Fillies was standing there. They had reassembled their small team for one reason. The three of them had strange dreams these days. Unexplained nightmares about some ruins in the forest... All had the same dream, and so all thought that it was strange. Not only that, but then the whole town seemed to have been having these as well. Glady could confirm with her adoptive parents who also had nightmares. Violet too with her parents. Those nightmares seemed to be pretty bad too. As for Seria, well, her young friend Freesia had one too. This strange phenomenon made it so the trio would gather so they could try and go investigate in this. That's the reason why they were in front of the forest at the moment.

Glady: So... I guess that we're going to find our answers in here. Shouldn't be too bad.

Glady said with a shrug, confident in her own strength. Glady had a huge hammer with her. When strange things like this occured, she thought it better to carry it around just in case and... to protect her friends. Although... she wondered a little something. She knew Violet well as well as her parents. She looked at her.

Glady: By the way, how did you convince your parents of letting you go?

Violet: I... actually slipped out. If I told them that I'd go investigate with you two they would still say no because they'd think it could be too dangerous...

She'd say ending with a sigh.

Violet: They'll never change with that...

Glady: Well... As long as you're with us you'll be fine. Anyway, we can't let the town like that.

Then the three of them would look up in front of them at the forest. Seria seemed to be particularly concerned by all of this. She had seen Freesia suffer from that nightmare and it was not a pretty sight. She surely didn't want this to happen again so... She wanted to put an end to this. Now without saying a word she decided to step forward to head in the forest, but as she did, Glady took the lead instead, stopping the fairy in her track. Glady looked behind at her with a smirk.

Glady: Lemme take the lead! With that thick fog we don't know what might come out so I'll stay at the front.

Seria looked at her for a second before smiling and nodding without a word.

After they headed inside, they could barely see in front of them because of the fog, but if they looked on the ground they could see hoofprints. Back in Ponyville they had heard multiple ponies talk about a strange pegasus in the forest. Already not many ponies were going in the Everfree Forest, so... perhaps it was this pegasus they were talking about, but they couldn't tell for sure. As they walked, one of the three would eventually step on something. Violet sensed something under her hoof and looked down at it. It got the attention of the two others who turned to her.

Seria: Something wrong?

Violet looked up at the fairy before looking down again at the shiny object. Making use of her magic she would lift it up before her eyes to look at it.

Violet: I found this.

Glady: Looks like a coin or something.

It didn't seem to be very important, but Violet decided to keep it anyway and put it in a small bag she carried. Now that this was done, they could continue to walk, but they'd all soon stop again. Their sight was getting a little better in the fog and they all spotted the same thing. On a dead three there was a strange silhouette of a bird. They'd all stare at it for a moment.

Seria: I've never seen this here before... not to mention that this fog is also unusual.

Glady: Bah... it's just a picture of a bird. There are birds everywhere.

The earth pony didn't seem to make a big deal out of it, but with what was going on, the fairy was more concerned about the things that were happening, such as this, but... maybe she was putting too much thoughts into it as well. Might as well just go on anyway. Glady was the first to take the lead again, getting the two others to follow deeper in the forest.

Shiny silver "coin" seems to be very old. It was decorated with strange ornaments what reminds moon and strange ponies.

Now it's sure that strange pony is going to the Zecoras hut. Here aisalready visible the light and also the sounds of some discussion. One voice is a females one. It's definitely Zecora. But that second voice is deep and strange.

With an ancient accent.

Soon the hut showed itself between the trees.

But here was something more.

A big black bird sitting on the roof. Definitely the same bird as you seen before.

The girls didn't look at the silver coin for the moment. Violet kept it just in case and because she didn't want to leave it there. Now the deeper they were getting in the woods, the closer they were getting to a hut they sort of knew about. Honestly the only thing they knew about it was that a zebra lived there. They didn't know her personally nor did they really talk to her... Actually Zecora probably never saw them before either. But this time they could have a good reason to go visit the zebra. Perhaps she knew about the fog in the forest.

As they approached they noticed the lights were on, but more importantly... two voices could be heard inside. One, obviously Zecora and the other one... unknown, but not very reassuring to hear. Seria and Glady both approached the hut while Violet looked a little around with her eyes until they'd fall on the roof of the hut. The unicorn blinked twice as she spotted something on it... that bird. It looked like the silhouette they saw before.

Meanwhile the two others were trying to listen to what was being said inside... perhaps that eavesdropping was not very nice, but they wanted to be sure there wasn't any danger as well.

Glady: Who do you think this could be?

Glady asked in a whisper. Seria, while listening slightly shook her head, not having the slightest clue of who could be inside this hut at the moment other than the zebra.

Zecora: "Are you sure with that? To hear it doesn't make me very glad..."

Stranger: "As I told you before, the shadow is awaken and I must stop it all."

Zecora: "Just be careful, this way is dark and what will happen, can't be taken back..."

Stranger: "I know. I know. Still here's no choice. I have to follow the ancestors voice. "

Zecora: "The heart is lost. It wil be hard to get it back. Pretty much it will cost. It can stay forever black..."

Stranger: "I'm worried too. Is it my fate or my doom? "

Zecora: "The Moonlight was your home. Now it's a dark place and if you will go, prepare for the dark face, it's not your home anymore..."

Stranger: "Ahhhh... Why is this happening? Why the fort fainted down? I lost everything... I stayed on my own..."

Zecora: "Do not fall into the sadness my friend. Here's still the queen. This is not the end. "

Stranger: "The queen of moon? Not for me... I failed... Never free! "

Zecora: "Don't say this. She still likes you. The rain of tears... when she heard..."

She was suddenly interrupted by the creature on the roof. Bird noticed the newcomers and started to croak.

Voices in the hut become quiet.

Than that strange voice asked: "Midgar! What's happening? "

The head of a male pony appeared in the doors.

He was grey and with long black mane. One eye of a caramel colour. But the second eye was blind with a big scar on it.

He wasn't old. To be honest he looked like that he's just a young adult. But still something in his eye showed he's much more older.

Also he had a big old hat of dark brown colour. And seems that he wear a dark coat too.

At all he is for sure that pegasus about whom the villagers were talking.

Both Seria and Glady managed to get a part of the conversation going on inside. Judging by what was being said as well as the tone of the voices, they could tell that the pony with Zecora was probably not that bad in the end. The two ponies listening in looked at each other for a brief instant before going back to the conversation that could be heard, but... Something broke their focus. The loud croaks of a crow made itself be heard above them. Instantly they backed away from where they were while Violet was the one who was mostly alarmed.

Violet: Shh! Quiet, please!

She'd try to whisper to the crow, but in vain. When she looked at her friends, Seria gave a sign to her to come with them. They wouldn't go far, as they only hid themselves on the side of the hut before the pegasus could come out. Once he was, the three were out of sight. Violet, though, tried to get a glimpse of the pony, slightly showing up her head from the side of the hut. Right when she saw him, she hid her head again to avoid being seen... Was it too late, though? Well no matter, she'd look at the two others and talk to them in a very quiet whisper.

Violet: I think it's the pony everypony has been talking about in town...

Seria: A grey pegasus with a coat?

Violet nodded. Those were the most obvious things she had seen anyway. She didn't stare long enough to notice the rest. Seria seemed a bit concerned though... should they really hide from him? Should they be scared? According to what was going on inside, he did not seem bad at all. Well, just for the time being she thought it would be best to stay where they were for the moment, just in case.

The strange pegasus was detecting anything weird but because he has just one healthy eye and he was in the lightened room before he didn't see anything.

The big raven called Midgar jumped from the roof to his back and looked kinda nervous.

"What's the problem my friend? " pegasus asked the bird.

Now also Zecora went of the doors to see if everything is okay.

"It can't be the shadow so soon or yes?" She was visibly worrying.

"I don't think so. Probably just a night animal and nothing more." Was the reply.

But than the raven decided to investigate it at its own.

It flew to the place where the fillies were hidden.

Just two dark eyes watching everything...

"Midgar! What are you doing?" Pegasus moved closer too.

(Btw... sorry again for my English. I'm still not used to it so much. ^^;)

They heard them talk and remained silent for the time being... trying to listen to what they were saying. Just hearing Zecora talk it made it seem like she knew the pegasus or at least knew he was fine. Both seemed worried, in fact... probably because they thought that the trio was something dangerous and not just three ponies trying to investigate the strange phenomenon of Ponyville. They'd figure quickly that there was no danger here, then... that it was time to show up and tell them the reason they were here. Yet before they could do that, they'd hear the pegasus speaking to a certain Midgar and hoofsteps followed after. Now, before it was too late, Seria decided to walk out and completely show herself to the pegasus, followed by Glady and Violet. They didn't notice the crow who observed them and before they would speak, they would allow the pegasus to begin.

When they showed themselves the pegasus stopped with a confused expression on his face. He expected some wolf or another dangerous creatute but not three fillies.

For a few seconds he was just staring to them investigating if they can't be some trick of the dark powers.

Than he take a strict expression and said:

"It's dangerous at night for walks in the forest. What are you doing here?"

His healthy eye was piercing the fillies but still here was something soft in it.

His second eye was just staring showing no life or just a little move.

The strong accent was strange. Still it reminds something.

Zecora was also shocked for a while. But as soon as she noticed it's not a danger she smiled to the fillies showing them that she actually know why they came.

(Oh by the way these fillies are respectively 14, 16 and 18 years old, so they're not kids XD)

The three ponies looked at the pegasus each with a different look. Violet looked somewhat worried, Glady seemed to be looking at him with some pity and Seria was looking at him being indifferent to his facial features. She'd then answer him.

Seria: We're from Ponyville. We believe something strange is going on there. We three have gotten horrible nightmares in the previous nights... but these dreams all had something in common. We all saw ruins in the mountains as well as some sort of shadow creature. We couldn't figure out what it was, but we thought it to be strange.

She'd explain. Glady decided to the step next to her friend, looking rather serious, yet confident.

Glady: Besides we've been in this forest a few times. We know how to defend ourselves pretty well. What about you, though? What's going on in here? We heard you talk about some stuff like an ancestor and shadow things... what's this all about?

(Ah okay :D Btw: that ruins aren't in the forest but in the mountains.)

Pegasus smiled. "Ah I see you're brave. Still you shouldn't be here. Do you want to know what's happening? Alright then. It's true that dreams aren't normal. It's a work of the shadow. An evil being from old times. It was trapped in the magical prison for ages. Unfortunately the prison was broken and it escaped.

I must stop it before it will be too strong. The shadow attack ponies in their dreams and than... it eats their soul..."

Than he was continuing: "And that Ancestors? I was talking about the times when the shadow was prisoned."

Zecora looked to fillies and said: " It's cold tonight. Let's go inside for more talk. "

Pegasus also asked: "And who are you btw?'

(Changed it :P )

Everyone of them had a surprised reaction when the pegasus spoke of that shadow eating souls of those whose dreams were invaded. Seria's eyes opened wide as well as the only thing she thought about at that instant was young Freesia. Already she was very concerned about her own nightmare and now this? Things were not looking good at all... the more of a reason to find out how to stop this menace. Her look slowly changed to a frown as she looked down when all she could think about in this brief moment was that shadow. But then the pegasus' voice quickly brought her back to the present moment. At Zecora's invitation they would nod and accept the offer. They'd make a few steps forward before being interrupted by the pegasus once more, asking for their names.

Seria: My name is Seria Rosa, one of the only fairies to live in Equestria.

Glady: I'm Glady Leaf.

Violet: And I'm Violet Charm. We've all met six years ago and instantly became friends!

They'd all introduce themselves that way, Violet always adding some more positiveness to it with her smile and happy tone of voice. They were now ready to follow the two others inside the hut.

Pegasus smiled when Violet introduced herself and than he said:

"Now it's my turn to say my name. I'm Elssir of the Moonlight. But that's not interesting anymore. Call me just Elssir. "

The raven croaked.

"And of course this is Midgar. My companion and friend. "

Than he entered the hut.

"I guess you want to know more..."

When he was on light fillies can notice that his coat have a silver buttons. But one was missing. Also in the hut was strange stuff. Probably his own.

A big bag full of papers and potions. Also a creepy huge crossbow with the bayonet. And a rapier with weird ornaments.

(I know it's about the friendship, but reality is more preferred by me...)

Than he started with the story.

"In the times when two princesses ruled the land they both have dome duties to do.

Princess Luna was looking after the nights. They both had own guards.

One of them was the Moonlight Legion. They were loyal to princess Luna.

In these times the Shadow was terrorizing the land. Moonlights were fighting with it and than they build a prison for it. Their captain got the title of Duke. Duke of Moonlight.

They builded a monumental fort on the place where the prison was. For a long time everything was great. Moonlights helped the princess in all ways.

But then she was gone and others started to hate the Moonlights. They didn't trust them. Well during this time the fort was under the attacks of evil creatures. And it fainted. Nobody survived. Just the son of the Duke. Badly injured but still alive.

After years the fort became ruined.

And unfortunately the prison was broken and the shadow escaped..."

Elssir looked sad. It's visible that it was hard for him to talk about this.

(Don't worry lol, the show is about friendship, but many OCs have dark stuff! Heck my fillies may look happy, but Glady has super strength and can easily carry a huge hammer with her. Violet, although looking cute and happy, can fight with a masamune and knives using her magic and Seria the fairy uses her staff to make nature magic. They may be best friends and have friendship stuff, but they can be tough in battle XD)

Once they followed Elssir inside, they each took a seat and listened to his story carefuly. The way he talked about the Moonlights and how he introduced himself earlier made it seem like he was part of it... well at least that's what the flower fillies thought. After he was done talking, a silence would take place. The three ponies could notice that Elssir was not at ease with the story. Violet looked down a bit before looking at Elssir indirectly until something would get her eyes. The buttons on his coat reminded her of something she found earlier. With her magic she took the shiny object she had found on the ground and looked at it for a few seconds before depositing it on the table in front of Elssir.

Violet: I found this earlier in the forest. Can it be yours?

She'd ask, thinking it had a similarity to the buttons on the coat of the pegasus. Meanwhile Seria was thoughtful of the whole thing, thinking about the shadow creature and trying to find a way to stop it... if it had been done before, then it could be done again for sure. Glady was not as thoughtful, though... and it lead to her speaking up.

Glady: Then how can we fight it? There's a way to do that, right? If we don't then lots of ponies will be in danger!

She'd say, somewhat nervous, but yet determined to do this. She was mostly worried for Ponyville, hence why the nervosity.

Elssir, still trapped in his mind looked to the object.

"Yeah, it's mine. Thank you young lady. I missed this piece of memories. "

Than he turned to Glady and told her:

"Here is a way how to do it. The shadow will want to destroy me and finished all wgat begun long time ago. O must return to the Moonlight fort and activate the spell again. If the shadow will be close it will trap it again. "

Than he gets a worrying expression.

"The only problem is that I have no idea what spell is it."

Than he looked to the silver button and hides it in his bag.

Zecora brought the tea. "It will makes you to feel better. " she said.

Violet nodded with a smile when she was thanked. Glady listened well to what the pegasus said and he seemed to know well enough what had to be done. As for Seria, although she was thoughtful, she had her ears open on the conversation, catching every words from it. She quickly tried to think about something, wanting to clarify things in her mind... her brain was working and working at the moment, just wanting to solve this problem immediately. When Elssir mentioned that he didn't know the spell, she'd look at him.

Seria: If you don't know what spell it is, then do you know what kind of spell it could be? If you do then it would already narrow our research on it and we'd have an easier time finding it.

She'd say. Although the way she sounded made Violet and Glady look at her. She sounded like she was in a hurry. Well in any case... they decided not to question her for the moment since she seemed logical enough with her question. Tea would then arrive, an offer from Zecora once more. The three ponies gladly accepted it and thanked the zebra for it.

Elssir looked into her eyes. With his only strict eye.

"I know nothing about this spell. It was the biggest secret and only the alicorn knew it. And the duke is dead. I hope I will find something in the fort. Understand it. That spell is so powerful that it can trap the princess too. Nobody should know about it. "

Than he found something in his bag. It was a strange piece of paper. On one site was an old painting of princess Luna. And on the other site was some text in strange language.

"My father gave this to me when he was dying. I had to escape and make it safe. I'm sure it's a key for that spell. "

Zecora smiled to fillies. Pleased that they enjoy the tea.

"Elssir is a son of Moonlight duke. The only survivor of ancient dynasty. "

She just explained.

Elssir gave her ab angry look.

"It's just a past. I'm not Moonlight anymore. I don't deserve to call myself like that. I failed. "

Than he looked back to the paper.

"The past is lost forever..."

RIght as he ended his sentence, Violet took a turn at speaking.

Violet: That's not true.

She'd say of a remotely comforting voice.

Violet: The past is always there. It's inside of us! My parents used to tell me that the past is memories. We can revisit them whenever we want. Our memories are ours alone, but there are memories that can be shared too!

She'd explain. Just hearing her talk made Glady and Seria smile. Knowing how she was, they knew she had a thing at making others feel better. Now in agreement with her, Seria would continue.

Seria: There is always a way to find something. If we have to go and look in the past, then we will find a way to get back to it. I'm even wondering if talking about it to Princess Celestia is a good idea. She has lived for a long time, after all.

She said and looked at the paper that Elssir was holding for a second.

Seria: Can you decipher what it says?

"That's not interesting right now. We have some stuff to do" Elssir said as he tried to change the topic.

Than he looked again to that paper full of concentration.

"I can't read it. This is a secret alphabet. .only alicorns was able to read it. But I was too young when we were defeated. I'm just a pegasus..."

After a while he asked?: "Do you think that princess could read it? "

But I can't go to the Canterlot. Princess Celestia probably don't like Moonlights too much. And Princess Luna? I don't deserve to face her. It's better if she think I'm dead too."

Elssir had a hard life and he saw as all his family, friends and everything what he had died. It's why he is so depressed. Plus he hasn't any friends. Only Zecora. Oyhers are scared of him.

(To understand him: I take this as the first times of this character in the Ponyville. He will change during this RP to his normal personality. )

At Elssir's remark, Violet lost her smile. This immediately lead to Glady now glaring at Elssir for both his negative attitude as well as saying those things to Violet... Glady never liked it when others made her friends sad or anything negative. Since she did not have that many friends and that Violet was pretty much the very first pony to really accept her super strength, she couldn't even let this one go by just like that. Being in good control of her strength she would bring a hoof on the table, slamming it hard enough for it to make a loud noise. Her glare would intensify a little as she'd look at Elssir.

Glady: So you'd rather sit down there and watch that shadow thing eat everypony's souls? You'd rather stay hidden in the dark while it's ravaging the town and grow stronger afterward?! Dude, light up a little! If Celestia's the only alicorn who can read that piece of paper, then we'll go to her! Moonlight thingy or not, I don't care! If only you can defeat that thing, then you'll have to do something about it! Me and my friends are even here to help now that we know about it. Besides Violet here just tried to cheer you up! What's wrong with y-?

A hoof would touch Glady's side, interrupting her in her talk. It was Seria who did it so she could stop talking before she'd go too far. The fairy looked back at Elssir and kept herself silent for a few seconds.

Seria: What she is trying to say is that it will do no good staying here. Princess Celestia might be our best chance in all of this... I am with Glady here. I agree with her completely. I noticed that you want to forget the past, but you might actually still be living in it. I think we'll have to put it aside for the moment if we want to advance...

She'd stop there for a moment and looked down briefly before coming back up to him.

Seria: After what you have told us... I'm very afraid of this shadow creature. There is a young fairy at my home who has had a horrible nightmare last night. Her name is Freesia and if anything were to happen to her, then I could never forgive myself. Compared to where I come from, the outside world can be very dangerous... that is why I take care of her. So if something is out there trying to harm other ponies, then I must put a stop to it. We're here to help you in all of this.

Elssir was confused. His mouth was opened and his eye was staring to Glady. In few seconds his face changed from confusion to anger. His eye was in a fire as he was penetrating Glady with a strict stare. In that moment he seemed to be much bigger than before.

"I never, NEVER said I will just sit here and wait for the shadow! Actually I was preparing for the fight. For the last fight. But then you came here."

Now he had a really strong ancient accent not too different from the royal voice.

Fillies can notice that he has two sharper teeth like a vampire.

"I know she just wanted to cheer me up. But we can't be so naive. Here's nothing what can help me. Maybe I don't look but the true is that I'm very old. I remember when the princess Luna changed. Even if I was just little."

It explains why he has his accent. It's probably because the Moonlights were also a "royal" race. Well sort of.

Elssir was continuing: "As you wish. I will go to the Canterlot with you. I will face princess Celestia. But I don't think she will be pleased to see me."

Than he sat down. All that power from his voice was away.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want you to feel bad. I just... I still hear them screaming and crying. Every night..."

He looked to girls.

"That nightmares what scared you so much are following me for years. But no worries. After all I'm still the warrior. "

He raised his rapier.

"FOR EQUESTRIA! FOR MOONLIGHTS! FOR QUEEN LUNA!!!"

he went outside but still ehen he was close to Glady he said "thanks"

Zecora was smiling. "Great work!" She just said.

The more he spoke, the more Glady would narrow her eyes. She even decided to step in front of the two others so she would be the one to take all of it. She wouldn't allow her two friends to take any of it. As long as she'd take it, then things would be fine. It would already take a lot to impress this strong earth pony. She let Elssir speak out his mind while keeping an eye on him, but soon her look would soften when he lowered his tone. Then it would shift to a smirk once he completely sat down and took his rapier up to say those words. After being thanked, the trio let him go outside before they'd all look at each other with confidence. Things were already starting to move and they already knew where to go first. To be honest, Glady was rather proud of her shot here.

They'd head outside after Glady took Zecora's compliment and waved her goodbye. They'd join back with Elssir, stopping behind him. Seria decided to step closer to him in order to say something.

Seria: I forgot to tell you something. I know the princess a little since I had to meet with her the first time I set hoof in Equestria outside of my kingdom. If anything happens I can try and talk to her to try and reason with her, but I'm fairly certain that she will understand the situation that is at hoof right now. I strongly believe that she will be helping us.

Elssir was speaking with Midgar when the fillies found him.

Clever bird was listening his words and than he lost in the dark wood.

Only the sound of the wings waving was able to hear for a short time.

When Elssir noticed that fillies are behind him he smiled showing his strange teeth again.

"I think this could help."

He said when he showed an oil lantern. "It's still dangerous in the forest especially now. "

As Seria came closer to her he turned his head to her. As he did it his mane showed another injury. His left ear was cut to two pieces with an scar. It reminds a evil smile a little. Also his neck under the mane was full of scars. Probably the work of some creature with sharp claws.

When she said him what she had on mind he first looked to the moon.

"I have no doubt about it. She's a good ruler. The reason why I'm worried is that when the princess Luna was gone lots of ponies started to say that it was our work. That Moonlights are evil and demonic. And we turned her to the evil side. I don't know if she thinks it too or not. "

Now the true was out.

Than he asked:

"And how will we travel to the Canterlot? I was here as a little kid. And it was a looong time ago. And also we take it with the air-way. Hehe.

I'm sure lots of things changed during that time."

Archived