Confrontation and Compassion (Closed ATTN: IceStormX)

Lux

Icybanner_zps47801f3d.png

As Fire spoke more about how she wasn't affected by her snow cone, but winters and her magic had significant impacts on her, Ice quickly snuggled against her friend. "And let us pray to both sisters I never have to use my magic like that again. I know that my magic hurts you, and I think it hurt me just as much to have to do that as it did to be on the receiving end. I don't like hurting my friends... even if I need to in order to save them. I'm just not that type of pony." she said to her as she smiled a bit. "Hey, if you have enough strength back, how about we go get some tea or some hot cocoa to help you warm up a bit more? My treat for causing this mess to begin with," she smiled warmly.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fire Heart realized that in mentioning her discomfort to Ice's magic she may have inadvertently upset her friend. She hoped not, but it sounded that Ice was still resentful using the ice to cool her down.

"Please Ice, you don't have to apologize at all. I wanted you to use your magic to cool me off, and I knew it was going to be painful. I didn't want to hurt anypony even on accident and I knew that there was no other quick way to do so than for you to cover me in ice. Hopefully though you won't have to use your magic as I'm going to work doubly hard to try to quell the emotional part to my magic. Anyway, hot cocoa will be nice, but what will you have? Or are hot things not a problem for you like tea?"

• 2 weeks later...

Ice shuddered when Fire spoke o her having to use her magic. She knew it was going to hurt, but she didn't wanna hurt anypony else on accident. It was the only way that she could thing of and added that she hoped that it would never have to happen again. "Agreed. I don't like using my magic in ways that can cause harm to others," she said to her friend in regards to the previous conversation.

However, she quickly smiled when the mare said that cocoa would be great. She did ask what she would be having though, presuming that hot things like tea were a bit much for her. "Well, hot food or drink I don't mind. In fact, I can tear into a play of hot spaghetti without any second thoughts. It's really only fire or extreme heat that begins to actually hurt. Kinda exactly like how you are with cold. You know, aside from the fact that we have opposing elements, you and I are actually pretty alike in most ways otherwise," she smiled to her friend.

"Well, hot food or drink I don't mind. In fact, I can tear into a play of hot spaghetti without any second thoughts. It's really only fire or extreme heat that begins to actually hurt. Kinda exactly like how you are with cold. You know, aside from the fact that we have opposing elements, you and I are actually pretty alike in most ways otherwise,"

Fire giggled as she imagined her friend diving face first into a plate of pasta then coming up with sauce and noodles sticking to her face. Of course she knew the mare wouldn't do something silly like that but it was nonetheless funny to imagine.

"You know, I thought once that no pony would understand what I'm going through. I mean, I knew that there were others who may have the ability to use elemental magic, but that they wouldn't have the same problems that I did. I thought I was alone and that when ponies did find out what I was and what my talent was they'd be afraid and wouldn't want to be my friend anymore. But then I met you and you showed me that there are others like me. Guess I'm not different from other ponies after all! I have you to thank for that."

• 3 weeks later...

Ice Storm smiled brightly as she heard Fire Heart recollect how she felt before that she thought no pony would understand what she was going through. That she knew that there were others that had the ability to use elemental magic, but she figured that they wouldn't have the same problems that she did. She thought that ponies would be afraid of her, and then she met her. She showed her that there were other's like her, and that they won't be afraid of her. That she wasn't that different from other ponies at all. Her smile warmed and she gave Fire a gentle nuzzle on her cheek. "You are more than welcome. And you're right. There are many more like you. I know of a pegasi that is quite similar to both of us, more so myself as she has an extreme affinity to cold, but she has the same issues that we both have. Besides, the issues themselves don't matter. Not to friends. Cause friends will look after each other regardless of their differences," she smiled placing a hoof around Fire's neck comfortingly. "Come, the café isn't going to get any closer with us just standing here," she giggled.

"You are more than welcome. And you're right. There are many more like you. I know of a pegasi that is quite similar to both of us, more so myself as she has an extreme affinity to cold, but she has the same issues that we both have. Besides, the issues themselves don't matter. Not to friends. Cause friends will look after each other regardless of their differences," she smiled placing a hoof around Fire's neck comfortingly. "Come, the café isn't going to get any closer with us just standing here,"'

"Really? You met another pony that is tied to elemental magic? Wow, are you sure you're not a magnet to ponies like me and this Pegasus? You're right though, it doesn't matter what issues ponies are going through if they have friends. Although, I hope the future will be happier and less of ... you know... bursting into flames."

As they left the park, Fire looked back to see where she was, a scorch mark on the ground as the only sign of her explosive magic. Luckily it was only that. and not something more dangerous. But as her thoughts turned from that bad experience her stomach growled as a reminder of what was now more important.

"So where are we going, the same place as where we were with Pretezna and Moondancer or somewhere else?"

• 4 weeks later...

"I sure did! She was a pegasi named Snow Dancer! She was a small filly, probably not much younger than yourself and cute as a button. Well, after she recovered from passing out in my shop. She came on one what I think was the hottest day that we had here last year. Poor thing had the same weakness to the heat that I had, and without the magic too keep herself cooled down, it really took a toll on her. Now on really, really hot days like that, I make it a point to walk her where ever she needs to go so that we don't have a repeat occurrence. I can just make a small film of flexi-ice over her and she's good. That said, she also has the luxury of flying, so like wise though if she got too hot, she could always fly up to one of the higher clouds in the sky where it would be much cooler," she told her friend.

Fire also questioned whether she was just a magnet for elemental ponies. Ice Storm didn't think much of it now and just kinda giggled, but little did she know that Fire Heart would basically be right about that assumption in a few months time when she would meet three other elemental ponies, two of which were ice and one fire. She also listened as Fire Heart told her that she was right and that it didn't matter what issues other ponies had as long as they had friends that could help them through them, although she did add that she would prefer not to burst into flames again. "I don't know, I think you bursting into flames made you look kinda... hot." she giggled a bit at her pun before hugging her friend to make sure she understood there was no ill intentions behind the statement. "As far as what café we can go to, it's up to you. We can go to that one if you'd like, or we can go to Joe's Donuts, or we can go to the Happy Bean, Up to you really," she smiled.

Fire Heart smiled hearing the adventures that Ice had with a fellow cold loving pony, She was shocked to hear the poor pony actually passed out due to the heat but thanks to some quick thinking by Ice Storm she was able to recover.

"Well, I'm glad that you were there at the right place and time to help her. I can only imagine how she'd feel passing out like that when I did the same thing during that blizzard. Sounds like the two of you became good friends then. It must be neat being able to just fly to wherever you want like that. I take it being a Pegasus she doesn't actually make snow right?"

Before getting an answer Fire Heart got a surprise response saying that looking like she was on fire was hot. The young mare knew that it was a pun and that certainly Ice had no ill will about it. Nevertheless the red unicorn's eyes widened in surprise especially as she was wrapped up in a hug. Was this Ice Storm's way of admitting that she had certain feelings towards her? The mare's mind searched for any indication that this was true, any words or gesture that would be for or against the fact that Ice Storm saw her more than just a friend.

"Well, you're cool too," she said with a giggle still having a little unease. The topic then shifted to where she wanted to go. Her mind then blanked at the possibilities to eat. quickly she squeaked out an answer.

"The Happy Bean would be a great place to go out with you,"she said before putting her hoof over her mouth. Great, now she blundered what she was saying.

"Err... I mean that sounds like a place where we can go."

Ice Storm listened to Fire as she spoke about how she could only imagine how the pegasus felt, considering she did the same thing from the blizzard that surprised the both of them that night they had met the princess. Ice Storm let out a nod. It was probably exactly related to that feeling. When she asked whether she could make snow or not, she shook her head. "She said she couldn't at the moment, but I gave her a small job on the weekends where she can come have fun in my shop. I'll make a large amount of snow in the shop, and she'll dance around with it making a mini-blizzard inside the shop, adding to the already wintery atmosphere that it has. I think it's a rather neat idea, and it makes her really happy in the process," she smiled.

She also giggled a bit as she responded that she was cool as well. It didn't surprise her that she would return the pun back to her as quickly as she did. Although she was a bit concerned when she heard a slight bit of unease in her voice. She wondered what exactly could be troubling her now. She hoped that she hadn't actually taken any offense to what she had said. She began to feel really bad now wondering if she had accidentally hurt her friends feelings again. Before she could bring anything up about it though, she said that The Happy Bean sounded like a wonderful place to go out with her to. It appeared that she instantly realized what she said, and it even took Ice back a moment before she gave Fire a warm smile and pulled her hug a bit tighter. Perhaps there was a bit more as to why she had been so worked up over the news than she was realizing. "Alright then, let's go," she said with a warm smile and a friendly nuzzle.

It was interesting to learn about other ponies especially their abilities. The school in which Fire Heart attended focused especially on the honing of a unicorn's power among other lessons in magic. Of course she knew that other pony types had wonderful talents as well and knowing these gave an insight into others ponies in general. It interested her that the little filly liked to dance with the snow making a little snowstorm in the shop.

"Well it seems like you two have become the best of friends. I'd love to see this snowstorm in your shop. I think I can stand a little cold to see it."

As the two walked to the cafe, Fire remained relatively silent, thinking about what Ice Storm said, that one phrase that could be interpreted as something friendly or something more. Fire Heart never really focused on romance in her life. Part of it was due to feeling that she didn't have time for it with her studies. The big part though was her ability to create fire and her lack of control. In her mind if other ponies couldn't trust her with what she did, then how could she make friends much less find love? And so love was something she still hoped for but put it deep in the back of her mind as she struggled with her own identity. But now that she learned that she could control her magic and could have friends love was something that started to resurface. Ice's comment, however innocent or romantic it was, caused this desire to surface more.

Being that she never had any inklings of love, Fire never knew what her interests were. Did she like unicorns like here or other pony types? Did she like ponies that had a same personality as her or a little different? Most importantly, did she like stallions or mares or both? So many questions raced through her mind, clouding what she thought was a clear image of what she felt about the mare next to her. She wondered what Ice felt about the blunder Fire made about doing to the cafe or what the mare saw in her. Things were further complicated as the blue unicorn hugged her tighter. To fire it felt... good, better than any hug she felt before. Was it that Ice was a good hugger or something else?

"Oh, right let's go," Fire said with a smile trying to hide her confusion as she followed the mare.

Still deciding on the end result but I'll know soon.

Ice Storm gave a small nod as then walked into The Happy Bean when Fire said that she would love to come to her shop while the snow storm was going on. That she felt she could handle a bit of cold to come see that. "Just let me know when you're going to drop by and I'll do my best to make sure that it's not too cold for you. After all, it wouldn't be an enjoyable experience if the temperature was cold enough to hurt." She said with a warm smile. She herself began thinking back on the comment that Fire Heart had mentioned. Was it actually just a slip of the tongue or was there a bit more to it?

Ice Storm herself hadn't thought about any sort of romance since she had met Dunder and their wedding didn't really work out that well. Especially after she found out that he was with another mare and he waited to break off the relationship with her until Fire Walker was inside her shop with her little sister. Not only did he wait until then to break off their relationship, but as soon as he broke up with her he announced that he was getting married to her, and that made Ice Storm feel absolutely miserable. A relationship had been destroyed and while it centered on her, and in a time where she was more desperate than willing, she still felt that Dunder should have told her that he was already seeing somepony instead of playing both of them. She was fairly certain that Fire Walker and her sister both still hated her, and she didn't really blame them if they did. But since then, she'd been afraid of seeking any sort of romance. She didn't want to possible get in the way of another relationship that was already starting to bloom.

However, with the way Fire Heart spoke, it made it sound as if there wasn't a significant other in her life yet and it made Ice Storm begin to wonder about herself. What was she actually looking for in another pony? Obviously it would have to be a pony that was very understanding and willing to up with her nighttime accidents until she can get them properly diagnosed and treated, if they even could be. Aside from that, she didn't really have much of anything to go on. Her previous experiences with dating a stallion proved to be a disaster. Would dating a mare have any of the same issues? Did Fire Heart really even like her like that to begin with or was it just an accidental statement to play off of her pun a few moments earlier.

Thoughts still fresh in her mind, she approached the counter with Fire. "I'd like a strawberry tea please, and whatever she would like. My treat," she said with a smile looking to Fire and giving her a nod. "And don't worry, you don't have a limit. Get whatever you'd like," she said with a smile. She wasn't sure about what their feelings were for each other relationship wise, but after the morning that Fire Heart had, she deserved a treat regardless.

"Just let me know when you're going to drop by and I'll do my best to make sure that it's not too cold for you. After all, it wouldn't be an enjoyable experience if the temperature was cold enough to hurt."

"I don't think a little blizzard in a store will hurt me, but I'll let you know when I stop by," Fire said as they walked into the store, her mind still juggling between what was going on in the present and what was in her mind and heart. Apart from wondering what her own feelings were about life and love in general which were complex enough she wondered about Ice Storm. For as long as she could remember the blue unicorn made no indication that she was single or seeing somepony nor did she say whether she preferred mares or stallions. It wasn't like that somepony would go blurting things out like that to every stranger, but you never could tell. Ice was definitely a pretty mare and smart and despite her nightly accidents Fire couldn't tell of anything that would prevent the mare from being happy. All of her frieds deserved to he happy, to love and be loved by other friends, family and even romance. But the question remained: was Ice happy with her life?

"And don't worry, you don't have a limit. Get whatever you'd like,

"Hmm..." Fire said wondering how long she had been standing there at the counter, "I'll have a medium sized hot chocolate with whipped cream and oh one off those!"

She pointed to something in the glass case that looked like a miniature chocolate cake with frosting and chocolate chips on it with a bowl shaped indentation in the center. The sign by it read Chocolate Volcano Cake.

"I know you're not big into really hot food, but trust me this is something I always get and it's soooo good! It's pretty big though so I usually take some back to my dorm. If you want you can grab a spoon and share it with me."

When they got into The Happy Bean, Ice Storm was originally just set on having some tea. It seemed like it would be the most refreshing thing for her right now, and strawberry tea always had a soothing effect on her when circumstances got a bit hectic. She figured that she qualified the events that happened in the park definitely a bit hectic but they were very much resolved now. She did notice that Fire was silent for a bit while she was looking at the menu. She wondered what was on her mind. If by some chance she was thinking along the same lines that she had just been thinking. It was a logical assessment that she would be given the statements that they both had made and how they could tie into one another. When she did speak up, Ice smiled warmly when she told her that she would indeed let her know when she was coming before ordering a medium hot chocolate with whipped cream before pointing to one of the larger deserts. She also added that while she knew that Icy wasn't big on really hot foods, she wanted to share it with her.

Ice Storm looked at the cake once more and she couldn't deny, the cake looked absolutely delicious and it looked like a chocolate lover's dream. The cake itself was a very dark chocolate, and it was covered with hot brown and white chocolate fudge with a pool of molten fudge in the center of it. It certainly lived up to it's name of a volcano cake as it looked like it would erupt in a chocolaty blaze of delciousness. With a warm smile, she turned to Fire Heart. "I would love to share some of that cake with you," she said adding a friendly nuzzle. "Besides, I can handle molten temperatures as long as chocolate or strawberries are involved," she giggled a bit as she placed the bits on the counter and then levitated their desert and drinks over to a table. She couldn't help but look back at Fire, and now that all of these questions had been brought up in her mind, she began to see just how attractive Fire truly was. Her orange mane flowed like her namesake along her neck, and her tail doing the same. She realized that she was staring a bit though and quickly looked back at the desert for a few seconds as she waited for Fire to follow her to the table. "You'll have to tell me where the best place to start with this thing is at, cause I've never had one of these things before," she giggled.

"I would love to share some of that cake with you," she said adding a friendly nuzzle. "Besides, I can handle molten temperatures as long as chocolate or strawberries are involved,"

Fire smiled as the pony behind the counter prepared hers and Ice Storm's drinks. Again the friendly nuzzle came into play, but unlike the previous times that felt weird considering what the blue unicorn said it felt nice. The drinks and one dessert were served, complete with two spoons and as Ice levitated them to the table Fire couldn't but look back and see the mare behind the counter give a smile and a nod as if to encourage the mare. Fire wondered what exactly this meant as she sat at the table where Ice Storm already was. As Fire toot a sip of her hot chocolate, she couldn't help but notice that Ice Storm was staring in her direction. Fire knew she wasn't on fire again thankfully, yet it wasn't that Ice looked at her with a strange almost longing expression that made Fire feel a little uneasy. But what made her feel even more uneasy was the way that she too stared at Ice Storm in a very similar way. No doubt about it Ice was a pretty mare, prettier than many of her fellow dorm mates in school. And Ice was very smart and caring too.

"You'll have to tell me where the best place to start with this thing is at, cause I've never had one of these things before," she giggled.

"Oh,"Fire said correcting the way she looked, "Well there is no right or wrong way to eat this. No matter which way you carve into it with a spoon the fudge is going to flow out. So just pick a spot and dive in!"

As Ice Storm waited for Fire to come over, she continued to look her over, although trying to do so subtly. Her face was constant smile, and Ice Storm noticed that she was looking at her the same way. Ice Storm blushed the faintest bit as Fire came over and sat next to her and told her that there was no real right or wrong way to eat it. That no matter what direction that she carved into it with the spoon, hot fudge was going to flow. With a simple nod, Ice used her magic to levitate the spoon and cut into the cake, collecting a bit of the cake and the fudge onto the spoon. She started to inch the spoon over to her mouth but then got a wonderful idea of friendship and smiled before turning the spoon and started directing it over to Fire's. "Here, I think you should get the first bit of happiness today, all things considered," she smiled. Of course she would still partake in the cake, but something in the back of her mind told her that Fire would enjoy this. To be honest, she was enjoying it quite much as well.

Fire Heart stared intently at Ice Storm as she levitated the spoon into the chocolaty treat. Just as the red mare explained it the moment the mare cut into it the rich hot fudge oozed out from its home and flowed down the side like lava from a volcano. She watched as the spoon came ever close to the mare's mouth, Fire hoping that she liked the treat. But just as she was about to try some she paused. For a moment Fire wondered if there was something wrong with the dessert. The last thing she wanted to do was give Ice something that she didn't like.To her surprise though the spoon with the treat floated farther away from its intended target and towards the red unicorn!

"Here, I think you should get the first bit of happiness today, all things considered,"

Fire paused for a moment, wondering what this meant. Was she simply offering the first bite to her, or was it that she was trying to feed her the dessert? She knew it wasn't the way that a mother or father fed a foal but a more caring playful way. Then something crossed her mind, something that Fire saw in passing through the city. A wedding reception was going on in a park and Fire paused to watch an event that was commonplace, eating the wedding cake. The unicorn remembered the bride and groom feeding each other a slice of the cake in front of the guests before giving pieces to the others. Surely this wasn't the same thing, sharing this dessert the way a couple would, right?

"Thanks," Fire said holding her mouth open and hoping that she didn't misconstrue what Ice was doing or didn't look as ridiculous as she felt.

So many things were going through her mind right now. She hoped that she wasn't being to awkward for Fire Heart, especially considering the hesitation that she noticed. What if she was making her do something that she was uncomfortable with? She was starting to get a bit concerned, but any thoughts of those were erased as she saw Fire Heart say thanks and opened her mouth for her. The first thing she noticed, and couldn't begin to get over was how cute she looked right now sitting there like that. Just the site of her adorableness made Icy smile widely as she brought the spoon full of ooey gooey chocolaty goodness down to her mouth and pushed it in with a smile. She let the treat slide off as she pulled the spoon away. "As tasty as you hoped it would be?" she giggled hoping that the treat was enjoyable for her friend.

What's the verdict on this? if so, you want Fire to make the first move or Icy?

I think I'm settling on shipping, but going to have fun with this a little before Fire admits this.

The red unicorn hoped that what she was accepting wasn't as weird for Ice Storm as it felt for her. The last time when she was ever fed something was when she was sick from a bad flu and too weak to get out of bed let alone make something to eat. But now here she was, perfectly capable of enjoy her dessert but allowing Ice Storm to feed her! But as strange as it was it actually felt nicer than wrong. And seeing Ice Storm staring at her made realize how cute she was. She closed her eyes as she ate the dessert, letting the chocolaty goodness coat her mouth and make her exhale in pleasure.

"As tasty as you hoped it would be?" 

"You know I had this several times before, but today it tastes even better than before," the mare said with a smile as she took her spoon and took a chuck out of the dessert and levitated it towards Ice with a smile, "Would you like to try this the same way?" 

Ice Storm watched as the red unicorn began to take in the deliciousness of the cake. Her smile beamed and her eyes closed as she savored the chocolatey goodness coming out of the cake itself. She smiled as the mare told her that she knew that she had gotten this dessert several times before, but added that it did in fact taste better today than it has before. This comment made Ice smile and blush just a teency bit. She wondered what would have been making it tasted better than normal. Perhaps it was fresher than normal, or perhaps it had something to do that she was enjoying it with a friend. She giggled a little bit more though when she saw fire close her eyes a bit as she pulled the empty spoon away.

She then watched as Fire got her spoon out and began to carve into the cake itself creating another molten fudge flow out of the side of the volcano. She watched as it flowed with the torrent of passion down the cake's side and spill out onto the plate below forming a pool that later portions of the cake could be dunked in fur ultimate gooey pleasure. She then watched as Fire started levitating the spoon over to her asking if she would like to try the cake the same way. With a soft smile she nodded and opened her mouth for Fire to insert the delicious treat.

Fire Heart smiled as Ice Storm accepted the gesture just as the red unicorn accepted it. Carefully she levitated the spoon towards Ice, hoping not to hurt her mouth or worse coat her face in the dessert. But to her delight the spoon reached its destination as Fire let Ice accept the teat before removing the spoon carefully. It was then that she realized her aim wasn't perfect as there was a little chocolate on the unicorn's mouth.

"So, did you like it? Sorry, but I guess my aim wasn't as good as yours. You kind of have a little chocolate around your mouth." 

Ice Storm waited with high levels of anticipation as the chocolatey treat from Fire's spoon started making it's way towards her mouth. It was true, she normally didn't care much for hot foods, but there were a few exceptions. Those were anything strawberry related, -strawberry soup, strawberry shortcake, strawberry pie, strawberry casserole- any sort of pasta, because cold pasta was just wierd, and anything chocolate related. While she had never had this particular cake before, she has very much had her share of hot fudge sundeas, and cakes. Of course, thinking about it, those would technically be considered cold foods as well. Cakes aren't normally served hot, and anything with Ice cream in it can't possibly be considered a hot food. Then the spoon made contact and she closed her mouth.

Her pupils contracted down to about the size of a button as she savored all of the chocolatey flavors assaulting her taste buds at once before closing her eyes giving off quite the cheerful smile as she rolled everything around in her mouth and then swallowed. She noticed that there was still a little bit of fudge left on the corner of her mouth before Fire had said anything but when she asked what she thought of the dessert, she couldn't leave the mare hanging. She quickly gulped what she had left in her mouth so she wasn't covering her poor friend in chocolate while she spoke. "I love it! It's so warm and gooey! Although the fudge does make it a bit hard to swallow if you put to big of a bit in at once," she giggled. "Yeah.... seeing what kind of cake this was, I probably should have gotten some napkins but um... I kinda forgot..." she giggled lightly.

The red unicorn smiled at the reaction that Ice Storm made upon experiencing her first lava cake. It was admittedly a strange concoction, not cold like a regular cake but not hot entirely either. Her eyes contracted then relaxed into a smile with her eyes closed in happiness. 

"I love it! It's so warm and gooey! Although the fudge does make it a bit hard to swallow if you put to big of a bit in at once," she giggled."Yeah.... seeing what kind of cake this was, I probably should have gotten some napkins but um... I kinda forgot..." 

"Glad you liked it. It is very rich though, so you can't just chomp it down at once. Kind of like an ice cream, it has to be enjoyed a little at a time. Oh... right... napkins,"

Fire levitated a few from the main counter and to the table where Ice and Fire sat before taking a bite out of the cake this time by her self. 

"So, now i know about your magic and friends and family. I don't know if you got any questions your curios about asking me." 

Ice smiled a bit when Fire levitated some napkins over to them and nodded when she said that it was a dessert that had to be enjoyed a little bit at a time because of how rich it was. "Oh, yes, I can totally relate, although I can usually gulp down ice cream like it's nothing. I think the most I can eat without getting a brain-freeze is like two entire scoops at once," she giggled as she levitated a napkin up and lightly wiped the chocolate from her mouth. She looked up though when Fire talked about how she knew about her magic, friends. and family, and wondered if Ice had any questions about her.

Ice paused for a moment to give it some thought. She knew about Fire's magic quite well at this point, and she was friends with many of the same ponies, but she didn't know much about her family, or any of her other friends. She also didn't know what the mare actually did for a living now that she was out of the academy. "Well, How about we start with the basics, what are your parents like?" she asked with a smile. Sure it brought up a few memories of her own, but that wasn't really a factor now that her mother was helping her set up a new shop in Hoofington. Things had pretty much leveled out and most of her family, at least from her mother's side were on speaking terms again. She made a note to travel there sometime soon to visit with her mother again. For now though, she had an amazingly cute mare to spend the rest of the afternoon with. She was going to enjoy every minute of it.

"Oh, yes, I can totally relate, although I can usually gulp down ice cream like it's nothing. I think the most I can eat without getting a brain-freeze is like two entire scoops at once," 

"Wait, so you can eat lots of ice cream at once or you can only have two scoops? Sorry, I'm kind of confused. I would think that since you're great with cold things you would be fine with colder stuff. I know that I can have ice cream fine, but if I eat too fast I get a big brain freeze. Reminds me of the time as a filly I did that. My parents were concerned how I could have such a massive headache after quickly eating so much ice cream, but that's what happened."

"Well, How about we start with the basics, what are your parents like?"

Fire Heart smiled that Ice was interested in her as much as she was with the blue unicorn. Time seemed to stand still when she was with the cute and smart mare. There was a feeling of dread that this would be the only time that she would be able to be with her, that their lives would be forever circling around each other, never to meet. At first she didn't know what this was, but the longer she spent with her the more she realized that she liked her, more than just friends or even best friends. But was it right to like her like this? Fire Heart didn't have many friends let alone many encounters in hr life that she could consider romantic in the slightest. Certainly none like what she was feeling now. For her life she believed that she liked stallions, but now clearly everything she though was slowly being torn apart and she had Ice Storm to blame... no ... thank. If this was love she was feeling then it wasn't wrong or strange. The question though still remained: did Ice see her the same way?

"Well my father's name is Warm Heart. He's a psychologist who helps all kinds of ponies with emotional problems, so he is great to talk to no matter what problems or happy times I had. My mom is Fire Dancer. When she was a little older than me she was a famous dancer on stage! There was nothing she couldn't dance to. Jazz, tap, waltz, tango, ballet, all of these dances she loved. When she had me though she realized it was time to retire from the stage scene, but that didn't stop her from dancing. She taught me how to dance ever since i was a filly, and when I was older and able to be on my own she opened her own dance school where she teaches other fillies and colts to dance. Although being in school I didn't get much time to see them, I do visit them when I can. Since they're in Canterlot it makes it very easy."

A thought then popped into Fire Heart's mind about Ice and her parents. 

"Actually I have my parents to thank sort of for meeting you for the first time. Remember when Luna found us at her door? Well, that night I left my foalhood home to get back to the school. My parents begged me to stay saying that there was a blizzard, but silly me thought I could get back in time seeing it wasn't that long of a walk. I only got halfway when I realized that tings were bad and tried looking for anywhere to stay. And that's when I found Luna and you." 

Ice Storm chuckles a small bit when her statement seemed to confuse Fire for a moment, causing her to ask if she could only eat two scoops or if she could eat a lot at a time. that because of her affinity to cold, she figured she could eat a lot of cold things. She nodded. "Oh, I can eat a lot of cold things, I meant that I could fit two scoops of Ice Cream in my mouth at one before it starts giving me a brain freeze. Otherwise, I don't really know how much I can eat at one time. I've never really tried because even for me, that much sugar could make me sick," she giggled.

She then sat there contently and smiled as she listened to Fire's story about her parents. She told her that her father was a psychologist who helped many ponies with emotional turmoil and that his name was Warm Heart. the name itself sounded familiar, but she couldn't think of where she remembered it from. Fire also told her that no matter what issues she ever had, her father was always a great pony to talk to. Her mother was a famous dancer named Fire Dancer. She hadn't really heard of her too much but then again, she didn't really go out to many places that often. She only ever really traveled back and forth between Canterlot and Ponyville so it was easy for her to miss a lot of things.

She did mention though that both of them did live in Canterlot though, which made her wonder how she hadn't heard of Fire Dancer. She supposed that perhaps it was because she wasn't much of a dancer herself and she preferred just hanging with her friends. She listened as she explained that it was her mother that taught her how to dance, and now she owns a dance school and does the same for others. She also mentioned that it was actually her parents that were to thank for them meeting for the first time. That night during the blizzard when Luna took the both of them in. The occurrence that had started this day off in such a foul way. Although now, it looked like it had been one of the best things that could have happened to them, as they had a chance to talk it out, and now here they were talking as if nothing happened.

"Your parents sound that they are quite amazing, and sounds like they love you very much. I'd say I wish that I had it better when I was younger but, honestly... I probably wouldn't give it up for anything. I am who I am now because of everything that happened, and to me, who I am now, and all the friendships I've made and all of the opportunities I've gotten from my friends are more important to me than what might have been if my foal hood had been different. It's not worth the thought. Plus, having at least made up with my mom, I don't even really have that to worry about anymore. That said, that night, I just completely forgot that there was supposed to be a blizzard. Of course, I forgot to check in to see what was going on weather wise anyways and just went to my normal spot in the park to sleep. It's actually quite nice to sleep outside under the starry skies when the weather is nice," she smiled as she took another bite of cake.

Archived