Confrontation and Compassion (Closed ATTN: IceStormX)

Lux

Ice Storm listened as Fire's mom explained that she knew all too well what the upper crust of Canterlot was like. That she had heard her own fair share of put downs from them because all they want to do is see everypony else fail. She was happy that she was able to find a more respectable place in Canterlot to open her new store and was happy to hear that it was quite successful now. She also added that Canterlot can be quite friendly if you look in the right places. Her daughter was a shining example of that, and there was no way Ice could even think to argue.

When Fire's mom added that dancing wasn't just about balance when she commented about having four left hooves. She also said there was a lot of coordination, timing, and passion involved. She also added that they would start with something slow and fun, and asked Fire to help her instruct her. Fire agreed without hesitation and Ice smiled as the record player started playing the sounds of an old classical piece. It sounded like Coltzart but she couldn't be too sure from the beginning.

Fire's mom then instructed Ice that she would need to be on her hind hooves for this dance and that Fire's forehooves should be around her waist and her own forehooves should be around Fire's shoulders. With a smile she let her hooves float around her Marefriend with a smile and with them so close to each other like this now, it was becoming increasingly hard not to lean in and give her marefriend a kiss. However, she wanted to save that act for when she finally told them that they were a couple, rather than proctoring the question from her mom before she was actually wanting to share it. Instead she lightly leaned in to the ear opposite of her mother and lightly whispered into Fire's ear. "I love you," she proclaimed with a very warm smile.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"And now, to the dance," Fire Dancer said seeing that the two were comfortable, "For that all you need to do is to turn slowly in a circle while dancing around the room. Depending on how crowded the space you are dancing you may need to just dance in a circle, but for this practice you are free to dance around. Just mind the furniture."

Fire Heart had never been this close to a pony before except of course her parents. Her fears of hurting them with her magic would normally isolate her from them. But as she danced close to Ice Storm, all her fears melted away and it actually felt good and natural. She was tempted to lean over and give her marefriend a kiss but she decided that was best left to after telling her mom and dad the truth. For a moment she thought that in not kissing her it would bring about some tension, but she heard Ice whisper to her that she loved Fire. 

"I love you too Ice," she said back as they danced until the song ended. 

"Bravo you two!" Fire Dancer said clapping her hooves, "You're a natural at this Ice Storm and you dance so well with my daughter."

"Well, actually..." Fire began when she heard the door open up. 

"Is that the voice of my daughter?" a red unicorn stallion with a blue mane and tail said walking in and carrying a few grocery bags.

"Hi dad," Fire said, "Oh, before i forget, this is Ice Storm. Ice this is my dad Warm Heart." 

Ice Storm's smile grew as her and her marefriend began to dance around the shop, the soothing music and the steps they took together only further enhancing what she already felt about Fire. She couldn't help but blush a bit though when Fire's mother gave her the compliment that she was a natural dancer and that she danced so well with Fire. It seemed that Fire was about ready to break the news though, judging on what she started to say, but what she said was broken up by the sounds of whom she could only assume to be Fire's Father coming in through the door. Sure enough, that's exactly what it was.

"It is a pleasure, Mr. Heart," she smiled to him realizing that they were still in their dancing pose, but she didn't really feel any hurry to get out of Fire's arms. "And Thank you Mrs. Dancer. I imagined it not being too much different than figure skating which I do sometimes when it gets really cold. I was unsure as to what type of control I would have over myself though when I didn't have any ice underneath me," she giggled.

"Yes, well although I'm not very good on my hooves when ice skating I can see the similarities," Fire Dancer said as she greeted her husband with a kiss, "Welcome home! How was your day?"

"Not bad actually. It was a fairly light day with patients so I had time to organize my office in between ponies visiting me."

"It is a pleasure, Mr. Heart,"

"Likewise. So you know my daughter from here in Cannterlot. I'm glad to see that Fire has found a new friend." 

"Actually, mom... dad, I have something to tell you before anything else happens. Ice Storm isn't just my friend, she's my marefriend."

"Is this true?" Fire Dancer said to Ice Storm in surprise rather than any hint of anger. 

Ice Storm gave another small smile as Fire's parents continued to greet her warmly as her father followed suit stating that it was a pleasure for him as well. The room however fell silent for a few moments as Fire explained to her parents that she was in fact her marefriend. The revelation made her heart flutter as she still couldn't get over how giddy hearing that phrase made her. When she asked if what her daughter said was true, Ice Storm wasted no further time in giving her marefriend a kiss on her cheek. "Every bit of it. We've been talking off and on ever since we met each other that night that her and I both got stranded at the castle with the princess. It was quite and evening and while we had a couple of disagreements in the past, we were able to get over them and today was the day that we made everything official, and I couldn't say that I could honestly be any happier," she smiled hoping her response was satisfactory to the parents of her love.

This was possibly the hardest thing that Fire Heart had to do, harder than even passing her entrance exam for Princess Celestia's School. Her parents were loving and kind yet how receptive they would be was something she could only guess. It would be easier telling a total stranger than a family member. But she didn't want to hide her feelings like she should be ashamed. When she said it though it was like a weight lifted off of her shoulders just like when she told the truth to Ice Storm. It actually felt good saying that she had a marefriend, like it was right and perfect. As if to confirm this Ice planted a kiss of the red mare's cheek, putting a smile on her face. 

Every bit of it. We've been talking off and on ever since we met each other that night that her and I both got stranded at the castle with the princess. It was quite and evening and while we had a couple of disagreements in the past, we were able to get over them and today was the day that we made everything official, and I couldn't say that I could honestly be any happier," 

For a moment the parents of Fire Heart stood there as the red unicorn waited. Then their expressions turned to smiles. 

"I am so happy for you two," Warm Heart said, "You know I have help many ponies resolving conflicts and strengthening bonds between them, but I could tell the moment that I walked in that there was a special bond between you two."

"So could I," Fire Dancer said, "You had a spring in your step Fire like when you got your cutie mark or accepted into your school. Of course we support your decision. That's what we wish for you Fire honey, to be happy and to find your place in this world."

"Thanks mom and dad," Fire said as the ponies embraced in a hug, "Come on fire, you're pat of the family as far as I'm concerned!"

Ice Storm knew of the tension that Fire had to be feeling right now as she was feeling it herself. She waited as the silence stretched for what seemed like an eternity, even though it was actually only mere seconds in actual time before Fire's father smiled brightly and told them how happy he was for them. that he spends most of his time helping ponies resolve conflicts or strengthening their own bonds between them and he could instantly tell how strong theirs was. Ice smiled and turned her head to Fire's mother whom agreed with her father, stating that she could tell that had a spring in her step like when she had acquired her cutie mark. She also added that they did in fact support her decision and that they wanted her to be happy and find her place in the world to which they all join in a hug, to which Fire invited Ice into. Ice Storm graciously accepted the hug. "Thank you, all of you. Fire is an amazing mare, and as close as we've gotten, I can't imagine my life without her now." she smiled.

The four embraced in a loving hug as they shared a chance to come together. Fire Heart breathed a sigh of relief thinking about how she went from having a nasty confrontation with Ice Storm only to not only get compassion but the realization that she was in love with her. Now that she with with her and that her parents accepted them, this felt like something should be. One thing was for certain: nothing would happen to tear them apart. 

"Well, now we have something to celebrate. I'll start dinner and then we can talk more. I'd like to know as much about you as I can." 

I think I'm at a good spot for this thread to wrap up, but if you wish to continue I can too. Of course we will have other threads coming up soon too! Let me know what you think.

Archived