THIS RP HAS BEEN ENDED PLEASE IGNORE

CanvasMayHogany

Canvas opened the door while simultaneosly popping the bubble the Melody was in not bothering to catch her this time. There was a loud THUD as Canvas invited Lightning Star in. " Hey Lightning. What do you need?" she asked him watching Melody out of the corner of her eye.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canvas picked a thin book up off the counter where you could check out books and went over to Melody with it. She opened it to the first page and put it in front of Melody's face. " I knew you wanted it so I went ahead and made the vine grow it." She said letting Melody look at it " The newest magical music book" Then she turned to Lightning Star " Im doing fine thank you for checking up on me. I have something for you." she said and walked behind a vine curtain into a wide room motioning for him to follow.

Canvas walked farther back into the book filled room to a little desk that she had back there and lifted a book up off the desk and handed it to Lightning Star. The book was a dark blue leather with a gold band around it that said " the study of lightning" in top. "I know your good at controlling it now but I thought that maybe if you understood better about how lightning worked you could be even better. Here." She said handing him the book

"Thanks," Lightning Star said (( in case you haven't figured it out yet, Lightning is a stallion of few words. just clarifying that)). turning to Melody he said, "so, Melody, what's up with you, and why did you fall down and hit the floor when I walked in?"

Upon hearing her name Melody looked up from her book. "Well i was in a book bobble and Canvas popped me. She didn't catch me like i thought she was going to. but she pre-grew this book so were even. hey did we ever tell you how the book vine works?"

((canvas and i came up with more at school but 'canvas' and 'melody' don't yet.))

"From what we know" Melody started, "the roots grow from here to everywhere in equestria and possibly the world. they absorb used words, like from old newspapers and such, and transforms them into new works. they also copy books, everything including the author so its not plagiarism, and re-prints them here. the vine which, as you can see grows up the wall, produces blossoms which when they bloom, contain books. when the books are "picked" the blossom withers. then the same blossom grows plump and a different book blooms. the freshly picked books are kind of like fruit they'll spoil and the endings will be bad. the magic bubble blowing book picker picks them and suspends them in bubbles where they stay fresh. that's one of the bubbles i was in before someone popped me.... once they are read they turn into regular books. we discovered that we can order books when i dropped a list of my favorite books in the soil by the roots. the list was absorbed by the roots and almost immediately the books i "ordered" began to grow. of course we didn't know they were my books until they bloomed a day or two later. and even then we didn't make the connection until somepony wanted a book we didn't have. the book vine is delicate and needs to be cared for frequently. one of my chores is to clip away dead branches, water, and check all over, the vine. p'ants have feelings too so i sing happy songs while i work. its more fun than it is a chore. the vine also requires the books to be picked. they spoil worse on the vine, making the middles rotten too. thats what the book bobble blower picker is for. :) any questions?

((tell me if i missed anything C. :razz: ))

Canvas jumped in on the conversation " The paper decays and the roots absorb the words." she explained. Canvas walked over to the vine and picked a random book. She looked at it and laughed when she saw the title. " The fairytale book of Alicorns." she said a smile spread on her face. 'I know first hand that that alicorns arent fairytales' she thought and placed in on a shelf.

(( remember that she can see invisible alicorns))

" bye." Canvas said to Lightning Star then turned to Melody when she heard her ask for candy " You know how you get when you have sugar." Canvas said to her. Then she went upstairs, grabbed her discarded book and went back to Melody. There she sat beside her and quietly read till late at night.

Name Centenial Cele Breation

gender mare

race Pegasus

appearance bright orange with brown hair always in braids my cutie mark is a book with a quill with red feathers

I am sent to work at the library in Ponyvill from the biggest library in Canterlot. i am a shut in which likes to keep my muzzle firmly planted in a book. I met Canvas as the first customer. I have been in Canterlot doing research about the book growing plant and where it came from and how it got here. That's why my absence has been so long and why Canvas was in charge of the library.

Suddenly, Centenial burst in through the open door tumbling straight into Melody. "Sorry Melody! I found some big, big news on the plant! SomeoldWizardhadaplantlikethisandhe *Gasp* I guess I'd better slow down and repeat it all again. Some old Wizard from five thousand years ago had a book plant like this. According to my research, there should be an old tunnel leading to his house if I press this flagstone right here!" As saying this I planted my foot down and a stair case around the plant opened. *Thunk, thunk, thunk, clump!* The old stones clicked into place as Melody and Canvas just stood there gaping at me. "What? Did I do something wrong?"

Name: Yana Shuriki

Race: Pegasus

Appearance: http://www.canterlot.com/uploads/gallery/album_919/gallery_9097_919_1191819.png (Cause I'm too lazy to put an actual description!)

How she met Canvas: Being in search for scrolls, Yana tried many places and suddenly stumbled upon Canvas' librairy where, luckily, she found what she needed. She became a common customer there because of this... well... common... she doesn't go there that often, but went enough to start knowing Canvas well.

Backstory: (And I'll try to be brief) Yana got separated by her parents when she became a teenager. Her and her younger brother both fled and had to survive on their own. Unfortunately for them both, her brother eventually perished and Yana remained alone with no hope of surviving until a stranger pony found her to raise her. With him she learned martial arts and weapon arts. He also taught her a secret technique of scrolls of weaponery with which weapons can be stored in magical scrolls and taken out when needed to be used. Since then she and him work together as mercenaries doing goods for others.

(Honestly that's an ugly backstory that I need to work on D: Doesn't help that I had to simplify it XD)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Many days go by in months... in years, even. Most of them are just common days for most ponies. Yet on that day, on that very day, at this exact time, Yana was in need of scrolls. New ones in which she could store some of her weapons and even some just to write too. Yet most of the time when she went there, she was alone or with very few and quiet customers. Her purchases were also done quickly, so she wouldn't stay there long. But today she wouldn't be so lucky...

As she walked down her path leading to the library, her sight often looking down in front of her, she'd come to a stop as she'd recognise where she was. The pegasus would lift her eyes to get a good sight of the librairy, maybe a hundred meters away from her. Yet she'd notice that another pony was already standing at the door. She stared for a few seconds... she wouldn't let another pony stop her there. So she'd advance toward the librairy some more where she would get closer to the door and the pony standing there, the door opened. Yana approached from behind and got to the pony's side, pushing some more on the door and entering inside the librairy, completely ignoring Lightning Star.

Once inside, she stared at the scene in front of her... more ponies were around, making Yana feel slightly more uncomfortable, yet not showing it. She did not know them. She decided to step in some more nonetheless, trying not to pay attention to any of them. There was also a staircase that appeared in the floor... which she had never seen before either. Yet, she'd set herself to ignore this. All she wanted at the moment were her scrolls.

Yana: Canvas? Are my scrolls ready yet?

(( BTW Melody and Centenial, I dont mind if you control my characters because we are friends in real life. But try not to control other peoples characters. I learned that the hard way :) Lol ))

Canvas looked up at Yana and nodded. She went behind the book covered counter and grabbed five scrolls. " I ordered these from Saddle Arabia, they should be better than most that you've read." she said. Then she turned to Lightning Star. " Close the door your letting all the warm air out." and with that she drug Lightning Star inside and closed the door. " Now. Who wants to go on a little adventure?" She would ask and lighting up her horn she began to walk down the damp and mossy stone stairs.

(( Also Melody and Centenial, how did you get your pony creator characters on your profile picture? I've tried so many times and can't figure out how to do it :scream: ))

Archived