Trotten Strip - a Manehattan Plaza Setting (open-join, PM and I will add your shop in tags)

Alek

A free-to-all, open-join, casual thread in which all events would take place in/around Trotten Plaza in Manehattan, with up to ten shops. Shops, as added, will be tagged above. Let's have some fun!

Five shop tag slots remain!

You do not have to have a shop to join!

character I will be using, owner of Mushroom's Manehattan Mugs;

Mushroom hummed quietly to himself as he turned the "CLOSED" sign to say "OPEN" on the front door to the shop. He updated the chalkboard easel with today's sale, a free biscuit with each drink, and dragged it outside, stopping briefly in the doorway to take in the rising sun. The morning was fresh and new, and hopefully so would his business be! As the day slowly started, he began setting the chairs out around the evenly dispersed patio tables, wiping their glass surfaces clean of dust or bugs from the past night, and watered the flowers around the shop and property. He had a feeling that, despite the slight chill in the air, today would be very nice.

(I'd like to join this with Marusha. Here's her bio: http://www.canterlot...y/#entry498554.)

Marusha smiled as she flew through the air towards her shop. Manehatten may not be the prettiest place, but it was home. She had livedhere her entire life, and she knew the city like the back of her hoof. Or, at least she liked to think she did. The city was a big place, and she highly doubted she had seen all of it. Regardless, she had seen a lot of it, and she was quite familiar with the city as a whole. Plus, there were plenty of ponies here for her shop, and for her to get jobs from when they required something not in her store. Special orders were fun for her to complete.

Touching down outside her store, the white mare took out her key and unlocked the door, flipping the sign to open with a flick of her tail. It was a practiced maneuver that she had managed after quite a bit of trial and error. She sighed happily as she took in the shelves full of various things she had picked up through various means. She hadn't really wanted them once she got them, so she had decided to sell them instead.

Mushroom smiled at the mare. He didn't know her, but saw her enough to figure her to be the owner of the shop across from his. He often wondered about what eccentric assortment she may have inside, surely something to add some extra nift to his. Maybe he would visit it sometime. But until then, he went back inside and started up the kettles and pots and other various brewing means, and set his mind on baking that day's goods.

The most important were the biscuits. Oh there were so many kinds of biscuits! Some were dense, like a cookie, and had the greatest spread made from honey, mint and rosemary on top. Some were thin and crunchy and came with a little pat or jam on them. Of course, his favorite was his grandmother's flaky breakfast biscuits she has with her coffee; they had pecans in them and a little chocolate drizzle in between! All these biscuits would be very important as today, everypony who ordered a drink would receive one. For free, of course.

And once again the stallion across the street was smiling at her as she looked out the window. Marusha didn't mind though, he was just being nice. She gave him a friendly wave in response just before he walked back into his shop. She had never been in that shop, but it looked nice. Maybe she could check it out for lunch someday.

"Hmm... Why not today? It's not like I've got other plans." She asked herself as she turned away from the window and headed to begin dusting off some of the older items. Hopefully she would even get a special order today, she hadn't had one for a while. Of course, that meant different things to different ponies in regards to her shop. There were those that knew of her side job, and to them a special order meant they were giving her a target for her side job. Then there were those that didn't know about that, and to them a special order was just that. They payed more and had to wait for the item to come in, regardless of how she actually got it.

Mushroom went about letting the biscuits cool, putting other such things in the oven to bake as he took each tray out. As they cooled, he went about setting them in the "FRESH GOODS" display glass that was the sales counter. At this point, the whole shop smelled like fresh baked goods and coffee and tea, and he absolutely loved it. He worked quietly, reminiscing on days past of the youth he spent with his grandmother. She was the entire reason he was where he was, after all!

it was around noonish when stormchaser and starwind got there stormchaser is flying and starwind on his back i guess((not entirely sure on that would work starwind is around the CMC age both of there apps are in my sig)). He landed near the door to the building and letted starwind down, she hopped off his back then after she streach her legs they went inside when he got the slot the pony he could it from give him a map of the building so he could easyly find his way around he made his way to the spot and saw two other store owner's was already here, his store/gym was right next to a store called Mushrooms Manehatten Mugs. And he could smell something good "Starwind go to the store and get things ready while i get us something to eat"said stormchaser as he ponitted to Muggs with his head then he give her the key to the door (())from time to time they will spit up to do there own things i will put there name's in these [] for who's i am typeing first but as you know it is real time)) [stormchaser] stormchaser made his way to Muggs looking at the today's sale as he walk by it, he then enter the door and made his way to the cashreigher area "pardon me i would like to buy something" said stormchaser

[starwind] after she got the key she made her way to their door the words above the door was colorful like a rainbow with yellow stars in it there was one abouve the i replacing the dot with a star she unlocked the door and flip the closed sign to open with her yellow magic then she porcess to make sure everlight works like it suppose to having a little fun flipping the light's on and off after a little bit of that she went to the magic part there are two parts in the front was all sort of magic assassoys and enchanted items and things of that nature and in the back was all diffent of workout equqiment after she made her round making sure everthing in order she when by the cashreisger which is kinda in the middles between the two by the way and started to wait for cusrtoms

Well, there wasn't really anything left for Marusha to do but wait for customers to arrive. As such, she took one of the books she had in the store and began reading it, sitting down with her back to the cash register, facing towards the door. Glancing up, she caught the arrival of another pegasus stallion carrying a unicorn filly. That was interesting, especially as the filly unlocked the door to a shop while the stallion went over to Mushroom's Manehatten Mugs, presumably to get something to eat.

"Gym and Magic? what's that all about?" Marusha asked herself, shrugging slightly after a bit, putting it as another thing she would have to check out at some point.

"That will be six bits, please." He says politely as he pours a large and small each for the tea, and carefully puts the two free biscuit wafers in a to go bag. He turns and sets the items ordered on the counter. He smiles patiently at the pony before him, glad to have had a customer already. The days do get awful boring when the shop isempty, but that just comes along with being a new business. Customers will come soon!

"ok then" he said then he reach into as mane with his hoof mess around for a bit and when his hoof came back out he had the 6 bits there you go" said stormchaser as he unfolded one wing place the drinks on it and grab the bag with his mouth he walked near the door then put the bag down "oh yea my name is stormchaser and i have a store right next door to you bye neighbor" said stormchaser as he grab the bag in his mouth again and leftd

Mushroom watched him leave. What a peculiar pony. But oh well. Customers were customers. As the day went on, he kept himself busy wiping down tables and refilling sugars and cream dispensers and napkin boxes, just maintaining the shop in a regular manner.

Well, Marusha was having a slow day in the shop. Oh well, she couldn't have customers all the time. She mostly spent the time reading, as the shop didn't require any work on her part at the moment. She got a few customers as time went on, though they mostly just looked around before leaving. One of them actually bought something, though it was just a small thing. All in all, it was quiet relaxed in her shop.

• 2 weeks later...

(( Sorry guys, been really sick lately! ))

Mushroom, having meticulously scoured the entire shop of dust and crumbs, settled in his usual spot, one of the lounge sofas near the stage, and began failing horribly at a crossword puzzle, as per his usual routine. There he sat, waiting between customers, which seemed and few between today, and mostly to-go orders.

(It's okay.)

Marusha closed the book she had been reading, deciding she may as well check out that stallion's shop across the street since she didn't seem to be getting any more customers anytime soon. She placed a sign in the window saying she had gone out for a bit, so that any ponies that tried to enter the shop while she was gone would know why it was locked. With that taken care of, she exited, locking her door behind her before crossing the street and entering the shop.

"Hello there. Just wanted to see what you were selling in here." She said, picking up a menu and looking at the choices. "Hmm... I'll try the peppermint tea please." She said after a bit, placing the menu back down where she had found it.

(Man, those menus are tiny. Clicking on them for a full size picture didn't really help any.)

((yeah, I'm trying to figure a way to upload them larger;until then youll just have to go to the deviant link to see them :/ ))

Mushroom looked up as the Pegasus mare from across the way entered his shop. He smiled as she gave him her order, setting down his pen and puzzle. He nodded and stood up saying, "Absolutely, just a second." While filling the cup he also bagged a free biscuit wafer, a chocolate chip one. He turned back and was about to hand her the bag and to-go cup containing the tea, and decided to set it in a cardboard tray with cupholders built in to make carrying it easier. "Here you are, ma'am."

Marusha smiled at the stallion as he went to get her order ready. While she was waiting, she looked around at the shop and walked over to the puzzle he had been doing. It didn't look like he was doing all that well at it. She hummed slightly to herself before turning back towards where she had been and siting down as the stallion brought out her drink and a bag, placing them in a cardboard tray to make them easier to carry. She smiled at him again as she walked over and took the tray, walking back over to her table with it. There hadn't been many customers that day, so she figured it was unlikely that she would miss a customer by drinking her tea here.

"What made you choose Manehatten? If you don't mind me asking, that is." She said as she took a sip from the cup. She smiled at the taste, then took another sip as she awaited his response.

Mushroom hadn't actually expected her to stay as she dined, but that wasn't a problem. He rather enjoyed the company. After all, here were sitting areas and tables for a reason! He wiped down the counter and then came over to sit at her table as he spoke. "Well, I figured such a large and thriving city was sure to have some amount of cafe and even organics enthusiasts. I come from Cloudsdale, and up there, isn't much of either. My shop was rather... taboo, to say." He chuckled at the last statement.

Marusha gave a slight hum as the stallion answered, saying he came because his hometown didn't take to his shop too well. That was a shame.

"Well, they're missing out up in Cloudsdale. You make some good tea." She said, taking another sip and smiling at him slightly. She then looked into the bag, finding a chocolate chip wafer inside and taking it out. She inspected it for a second before taking a bite and smiling at him again.

"This is my hometown, I grew up here. I get quite a bit of customers sometimes, it's surprising a little, how many ponies in this city want my services. Of course, I get tourists coming into the shop too sometimes." Marusha said, looking back down to her tea.

Mushroom nodded. "Thank you very much. So, I haven't had the pleasure of visiting your shop... What exactly, may I ask, do you sell or service?" He smiled politely, trying to keep the conversation on an upbeat.

Marusha hummed at Mushroom's question about what she sold in her shop. She took another drink before responding.

"Oh a little bit of everything. Just some things I've found and picked up while traveling around. Even I'm not sure what I'll get in there next." She said with a chuckle. "I also do special orders, which is usually when I find my new merchandise for the shop."

(hello may I join you guys) if so here is my character sheet http://www.canterlot...idnight-octave/ her name is Midnight octave.

my shop would be called Natural.

midnight walked up to her shop pulling a large enclosed cart. she was opening for the first time tomorrow and had to get everything ready. she stopped in front of the door, unlocked it and looked around as she wiped her forehead. she didn't see many ponies around, so she started thinking if there would be many ponies coming in her shop. she decided it would be ok she didn't like large crowds anyway, and started unloading her cart and placing everything inside the store to unpack.

(tell me if this is ok)

Archived