[ponyville][open] Playing with her toys...

Ashton

It was idylic day in ponyville, there was a tiny breeze but the weather was still rather nice, so, of course, most of the foals were outside, Scootaloo was no exception...

Back behind the home she sat with several... interesting... toys, one was a small plush of an orange pony with a purple mane -obviously scootaloo- and the other was a blue pegasus with a rainbow mane (that looked suspiciously like it might have been real rainbow-pony-mane...) no doubt scootaloo's idol. nearby were several wads of cotton she had gotten somewhere, spread out to be clouds, and she was acting out her fantasies of flying with dash, even the boring, mundane things like pushing clouds around, her hero-worship was a tiny bit concerning...

garnet_facet_by_kitsune85-d7agd4m.png

"Great, of all the places my parents wanted to take me on vacation it had to be Ponyville," Garnet facet remarked with a shrug as he ran a hoof along his spiky mane which flattened temporarily but then sprung back up, "Why couldn't it be somewhere exciting like Canterlot or Manehattan?"

Realizing that he was just going to have to make the most of his time here, the Crystal Pony went around the town looking for adventure. What he really wanted was somepony his age to hang out with. As he passed behind a house, he could see an orange pony sitting there. At first he thought it was an earth pony, but no there were tiny wings on the pony. Did all Pegasus ponies as fillies and colts have small wings like that? But what unsettled him most was that the pony was a filly, something that Garnet believed that many fillies were crazy. And of all things she was playing with dolls! Strangely though one looked like said pony and the other was an unknown but interesting mare. Well as long as he didn't have to do any playing with said plushies it didn't hurt to introduce himself.

"Hey there," he said with a wide grin, "The name's Garnet Facet. Got it memorized? What's your name?"

((hummm... your name looks awfully familiar... ;)))

Scootaloo looked up then did a double take "Woah! Are you a Crystal Pony?" she asked, jumping up and looking him over "I've never gotten to meet a crystal pony before! Even when I went to the equestria games they had us all sit with the other pony's from ponyville!" she said, coming back around "Nice to meet you, I'm scootaloo" she said with a grin, her eyes still looking him all over as she held out a hoof politely, no doubt she had a million questions in her head right now, but she was trying to hold back, at least untill they shook hooves, then she might pester him a bit...

While Garnet Facet liked being the center of attention, he never expected such a reaction from the Pegasus. It was like she never saw a Crystal Pony before. Then again except for his parents the colt didn't see any other Crystal Ponies. There was that crystal looking castle in town which made him wonder, but he guessed whoever lived there wasn't a Crystal Pony either.

"Yep, I'm a Crystal Pony alright,"he said with a chuckle while trying to talk to her as the energetic filly ran around him looking him over like he was a statue, "So you visited where I live to see the Games, huh? I'm surprised that you didn't really talk to any Crystal Pony there. I mean it's not like there are only a hoof full there. Who did you talk to there?"

Finally the hyperactive filly stopped moving to introduce her and extent a hoof out.

"Likewise," Garnet said as he finally got to look at her,"So I see you're playing with a plush that's... you. Interesting, but who is the other pony, you know, the one who's all rainbowy? She looks...familiar but I don't know where."

Scootaloo laughed awkwardly "well, we kinda had to stay with the other ponies from ponyville while there, I *saw* crystal ponies but not up close like this" she said "sorry if I made you feel all weird" she admitted, looking a little embarrassed

"This..." she picked up the plushie "This is the most awesome pegasus in equestria! This is Rainbow Dash!" she said with a grin so wide it was painful to look at, as if she'd been grinning so big her whole life her mouth had slowly stretched a little larger than it should have been "She's amazing, she does all these stunts and she's so fast! She can make a Sonic Rainboom!" she grinned "I love her so much, I want to be just like her when I grow up" she said "maybe if your lucky you can even meet her while your here! She's not around much anymore, being a wonderbolt now, but she still lives here and comes by a lot" she said, her smile fading a bit, clearly even if she was happy for dash she wished the pegasus was still there all the time like she used to be.

The dark Crystal Pony wondered why Scootaloo had to stay with the others in her group. After all the Crystal Empire wasn't that huge and only silly ponies would venture beyond its borders to the the frozen lands beyond. Wasn't the Equestria games there to bring ponies together than keep them to their own groups.

"Oh yeah, I think I do remember seeing you. You did the opening ceremony for Ponyville with two others and you were on a scooter, right? You got cool moves on that thing. Me, I like to stay on the ground. And don't worry about making me feel weird. I get that a lot, even from other ponies where I'm from. Some say it's the mane and tail, but I don't know what they're talking about."

The filly then explained that the other was Rainbow Dash, a pegasus that she seemed to idolize a lot, maybe too much in Garnet's eyes. Still it was neat to see her explain her idol's moves.

"She was at the Games too, right?Me, I don't anypony to look up to like that. I'm just looking out for me. So is this Rainbow Dash your sister or something?"

Scootaloo grinned "yeah! Me and my friends Applebloom and Sweetiebelle" she said "we worked hard a long time on that routine" she clearly was very proud of it "You like my moves? I'll gladly show you some more! I'm always out in town on my scooter, everyone knows the sound, though for some reason ponies seem to usually hide behind things... especially if I'm pulling my friends..." she seemed genuinely confused by this

Scootaloo sighed "I wish... she once kinda implied she'd like to be my big sis, but then we never did anything else together before she joined the wonderbolts, now when she comes back there's no time for more than a wave because she's running all over town talking to everypony" scotoaloo sighed "I hate to say it, but part of me regrets helping her study for her entrance exam... if she hadn't passed she would still be here... maybe she would ahve been like a big sis... even if not I'd still have seen her... now if I want to see her I have to pay to go to canterlot and pay to go to a wonderbolts show... its not fair" she said, kicking the dirt, looking somewhere between screaming and crying...

The black crystal pony smiled as Scootaloo recounted her fun with her friends. His mind flashed back to the opening ceremonies with all its grand events like the lighting of the torch and the presentation of the teams. It was more excitement than Garnet had in a while. well there was the one event that no matter how many times he tried to get out of his mind it still loomed large. Even remembering it made the confident pony shudder slightly.

"Oh... yeah... I remember you three. Pretty cool with your moves. Guess you've been riding for a while, huh? I get what you mean about ponies getting out of the way. I get that too when I do certain things. Sheesh... it like what I do is dangerous or something!"

It was then that he saw Scootaloo saddened. Was it something he said? Nah, maybe it was just fillies being hysterical always crying about something. But there was something deeper beyond the usual stuff... a deep bond with this Rainbow Dash. But time lost and other duties pulled the two apart making their friendship in jeopardy.

"Hey, I'm sure Rainbow Dash misses you too. I know if I had somepony that I'd be separate from for sometime I'd miss them too. Don't feel bad though for helping her pass her test. It sounds like she really wanted to be in this... Wonderbolts. Have you ever told her how you feel to her?"

Scotoaloo sighed but nodded "we went on a camping trip... I almost d..." she stopped short of saying the word "...but Rainbow Dash saved me... and we talked, I thought we'd made a connection, I thought..." she shook her head "I guess I thought wrong... Rainbow isn't like that, never had been... but I can dream" she said with a sad smile, trying to pull herself back up "She's still awesome, her stunts are amazing, I'm not at all suprised she's a wonderbotl now" she still smiled that sad, slightly broken smile. It was clear the duality of her really loving dash and wanting to see her idol follow her dreams... but also wanting so badly to have a sister, a family of any sort...

There was part of Garnet that wanted to get as far away from Scootaloo as soon as possible. It wasn't that he was insensitive but emotions tended to cloud his judgement especially all Crystal Ponies had an affinity of understanding emotions on a level deeper than any other pony types. But there was a deeper desire to hear the sad filly out, and what a story it was! Scootaloo stopped before mentioning one part, but Garnet knew what she mean even so. It was sad though that Scootaloo saw rainbow Dash as one thing only to be disappointed.

"I take it you don't have and brothers or sisters to look up to," Garnet replied as he looked at the sad filly, "You sound that you looking for somepony to look up to, anypony that it cool and you would try to be. Makes me wonder though, are you happy with yourself? I mean it's great to have friends and all and to look up to them as being friendly to you, but when you try to be somepony else, it never ends well."

Scootaloo sighed and laughed, but there was no humor in it "Yeah... no family, only 2 friends, well 2 my age, one of whome it seems is always busy... I still dont have my cutiemark and I cant fly... not a lot to be happy about" she admitted "Yeah, I guess, your kinda right, I love Rainbow and I'd like to grow up to be jsut like her, though... I... dont know..." she sighed "I cant make weather, I cant fly, but I can really kick flank on my scooter and Twilight says I have a mechanical attatude... really not a lot like Rainbow" she admitted with a broken smile

((FYI: she said "Mechanical Aptitude" scootaloo either misheard ir or purposefully said it wrong))

Garnet Facet shook his head. This filly wasn't just a dose of crazy like some fillies he knew. She wasn't even a double dose! She was a cute mess, well the cute factor was still up for debate. There were times that a filly would blow things out of proportion but what she was saying were serious. There was the lack of a cutie mark, lack of flying, and an uncertain future. But the most shocking thing was something she mentioned in her list of problems.

"Whoa, wait a minute. Did you just say you have no parents?"

Archived