I Wanna Start A RP Thread, Or A Few! But Require... Subjects~

Sethore

Heya People. Now, since i found this forum i have be consumed by my imagination and what i could do with the Concept of Equestria if it were my play ground.

While i have had a lot ideas have come to mind. A few things have also come to bug me, which is what I want to craft my thread into to solidify my own sense of how it should be.

I won't be delving into what is beyond Equistra and such, so i will still be with the bounds of MLP. But we can still have hybrid characters :scared:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the first thing that bothered me is the possibilities of magic, throughout the series we saw bit of Utility spells like standing on clouds and transmogrification. (i.e. Raity's Wings)

And more powerful Magic like: dimensional spells... age spells... Watching the past and foreseeing the future... Limited time Travel... Instant Cloning... a few other unworldly magical abilities.

Which for this forum the moderators manage and keep in check within CC and WOE. So i was thinking what are the more subtle things of magic we could come up with.

In a RP sense, i hope to include this idea but it can be scrapped if the story is to complex/simple to incorporate. :doodoodoo:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another thing was the changelings... to many questions about them because we saw to little... But my biggest question ever about them!

Does A Narcissistic Changeling Need Anyone More Love Then What He Is Giving Himself???

Cause I'm thinking of making one for CC and that was going to be my critical reason he exists in the first place, and how he could operate without a brood and possibly not need to feed of another creatures love.

So my first Plot idea is Changelings. within their brood and their daily struggles or something like the effort they put into infiltrating a town. Got Ideas? Come In! Take A Seat. :artax:

But wait, there's more!

Linking back to my first Itch about magic and ... stuff.

I have a Villain Concept in the works that requires a few finishing details and it will be complete. however i can not do it by myself and expect people to like it, so i was hoping i could get some volunteers to attempt to RP with/against said villain.

My reason behind this villain, that almost every single problem MLP faced was dealt with magic, and every problem that wasn't could have been. so hope I to remove the magic OPness on this one and give power more so to the Earth Ponies and Pegasus.

And I don't see many RP's set with all the players on the bad side... So maybe we could try it for fun, Yesss~?

I Want You!

:catbug:

To Bat for the losing team!

Not so much a idea, as it is a offer but!

I've done some forum combat and was was looking for anyone interested in the idea and wanted to try it out.... Its mighty funnn~ :D

Give me a EOI either by Post or PM if you find any of these to your liking...

Even if you just want to RP with me, I know. I'm fabulous! :razz:

These seem a bit fun, could you explain your idea's a bit more? Right now they are def somethign i wanna join if i can, but i still want to know what im jumping into :P At least, the basis. Leave all your secrets to come and haunt us later.

And iv made a changeling for CC. they can live without their brood, but they still need love even if its only enough to get them by. Changeligns relly on love to survive. I tried going with a no love diet for my changeling buuut they said that was a no go. Hope it helped :) if not... or if i made you more confused, just say so please.

well "narcissism is the pursuit of gratification from vanity or egotistic admiration of one's own attributes" _Wikipedia AKA self loving... me me me I'm so awesome, i love myself!

another thing is how the children survive, do they live off the love of the brood? can the brood love each other and self sustain? can they cannibalize in some way?

to many questions to answer that one I'm afraid, fair try though... but it is good to know what the moderators think of it.

I'd like you guys to pick which you want to RP, but i would like to do all of them at one point or another

For changelings... i haven't got a solid plot for that, so i ask for suggestions and such. it will be more of a slice of life or adventure or something else or something something else. But definitely, only changeling applicants... blending into the crowd... maybe trying to mimic someone you don't even know :lol:

The villain plot has a lot of planning put into it, but the details relies on you guys picking good side/bad side. But i can say... any pony goes that is physical in nature, setting is City type, You may or may not lose control of your character during this... not to the point i post for you with your permission, It'll be kinda difficult to do but i have confidence in myself.

kinda like a "Who is the killer" but and little less? more? Complex without the killing for the good guys...

And minion work for the bad, i like minion work! *Cough* Stealthy Adventure Ish *Cough* And Minions will not be bored, trust me on this one

It'll be one or the other, a few good and a few bad will be far to confusing for me other wise

I give to much away already, but i can guarantee I'll enjoy it. :kissy:

The magic thing is purely optional, i just wanted to see how far we could explore magic. maybe a more causal, blow stuff up... or Equestra games would suit.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The combat offer is a after thing, maybe when enough people express interest in it, will i make a thread.

Heh, i have two char's, one for each of them.

Ragnarok, AKA 'Crystal', my odd changeling(very, very, odd changeling)

And

Blackwing, my thief griffon. He doesnt steal so much anymore, but big scores are always tempting, even for a emotionless griffon such as himself.

----------------

And i dont even know the answers to half of those things about changeling, i dont know how the younger ones survive or anything. My guess is that maybe its like a bee swarm, some changelings go out, collect love and bring it back? And i dont think he can love himself and feed that way, but still, i have no clue....... :P

Excellenttt~ your griffon is perfect for the Villain side of things.

and odd is good, i like odd... odd is easier for me the normal. 8-)

I want at lest 4 people for the Villain RP, the others can have any number.

I have a changeling OC Blackened Heart, a quite evil, flirtatious, violent, cold, ruthless...Need i say more? In fact I also have my two other OC's Sapphire Swirl (She was a Pegasus at first but as Arieons have been introduced, I changed her) In addition, my other OC Lavender (Unicorn).

I'm up for the villain one and changeling one, in fact I love them ALL! Count me in! ;)

Sweet~!! 2 people I haven't had the pleasure to RP with yet~

getting overexcited with the progress thus far...

Reading back on myself i noticed i made a error in my choice of words

the planning side of the Villain RP is more so to do with the back story of Equestria and how well he'll fit into the story rather then what is destined to occur in the thread.

but fear not! i have that lightly planned anyway :twisted:

Now, i have a half-dozen pictures I need draw to illustrate... so i was think of starting it about a week or two from now, even though Christmas is almost upon us... I'll fill your mailbox when I'm 100% ready!

And i still lack any clarity on what i wanna do with the changelings :scream:

So, I have brain stormed and I have finally, perfectly set all the pieces in place for lore and plot for the not so evil villain minion work thread I hope to create, finish and transform into a series of sorts.

I'll be aiming to write bigger then I am comfortable with, so their may be few mistakes and edit will be my favorite button.

Now, I'd like to RP with fewer people (Say 3 + Myself), for simple management and pacing. BUT! i only have you 2 ATM... Anyone got that special someone they wanna bring? :fhappy:

However I thought you should know:-

I have looked back at a few older topics and they seem to just die. I can't seem to understand why they slowed down and dropped.

I guess I have a newly developed fear of this happening, and will probably take it as a failure of myself if i allow it to happen.

If worst comes to worst I will do just about anything to either save the thread, or evacuate myself so I don't feel dishearten.

Just fair warning, shtuff could go sideways.

I would've filled you mailbox like i promised but it says you can't receive messages :(

Spam me if you still up for this~

Wait, i couldnt get a message? Wait a sec........

HA, no wonder. My inbox is full lol :P

With the threads dying, its normally when a thread drags on for too long, or someone accidenentally messes the whole story up or something, and by drag on i mean the same event. you dotn need to worry about it happenign :)

I might have a friend i can get to come in, just gotta wait for him to get back on skype.......

And im still up for it :D

All your qeustions/ fears answered in one go :) well, almost all of thm :P

You left out the answers for the changeling questions from before!!!

MWAHAHAHAHAH............... I am destined for karma bite for that... :!:

Could we be Skype buddies? I feel this site's chat is unpopular, and has not got any other real time communication methods.

<Only if your 100% comfortable with the idea>

So let's get this strait we are villains instead of heroes that is epic so as they say on dragonsden for that reason I am in and do you have to be a changeling not that I have a problem with that It's just that so many Idea's came flowing through my mind and this RP is jut so beautiful the idea is so rich with possibility I am going to start working on a few villain characters you know just to think of it I already have an idea but first before I give you my idea do you have a problem in this RP with cross breeds :D

Yeah, karma shall bite..... sometime, when i find the right moment to make Ragnarok come out and get you lol :P

And i dont mind talking over Skype if you want, my account should be on my profile.

AND NOW, PRESENITNG THE ONE AND ONLY

Augercorn :P

I asked my skpye friend, he said he will join. Just gotta wait for him to post here :P

Ok I just came up with a character I have this changeling named Pestilence Plague he first in my mind was an undead Changeling but I don't know if you would be okay with that or not but if it is please reply, Pestilence Plague likes to use dark magic he is usually grim but he cracks a joke every once in a while he detests ponyville and all other pony society his coat colour is black his hair colour is blood red and dark grey I would think He would be a mastermind of plans I will also make a minion like character but get back to me for Pestilence Plague OK? :)

So many post <3

You can have crossbreeds for villain.

The crossbreeds were more so to do with my ideal, characters have to be somewhat in the bounds of MLP for the thread to develop properly... that means its like the CC rules but not exactly

So which do we wanna do first~?

changelings and my villain won't mix well...

And my Villain RP is one, the longer i have to plan the more consistent it would be.

For changeling Idea I got no solid plot.

And for characters. If it is a changeling it's in (no people limit, aside from you only get one changeling).

I have too many concepts... so I'll be more on the fly type RP, if you guys wanna go a certain way, feel free to tell me~

(I was thinking if there are queens... then there could be primes... and that is somewhat good plot element)

For you Parry, it should be a normal... are changelings undead... O.o? For the time being... lets say they are alive, can use spells and act as a Hive? Pack? Heard? to many QUESTIONS!!!!!

This is the point of that thread for me xD

Trying to get a grasp of my own idea of what a changeling is.

So far, I lean more to the changelings since it will continue to gnaw at me for eternity.

Alrighty, so my verdict is we will do the changelings first!

The villain shall be at later date (TBD)

Now I would like to go over the changelings with everyone and hear all the ideas you have about them.

Here are some of my own:

Changelings are in groups called broods. By the term of brood I think they act like a pack or nest and the queen is equivalent to the alpha in like a wolf pack...

Just really tall and very strong. Which I think would be achieved by gaining a lot of love and evolving of sorts...

Kinda like how twilight turned into a Alicorn.

And the nest shows its colours like a uniform in changeling sense.

Now logic would just say they are carbon copy's of ants, but I don't want to turn you all into drones and say your queen is your life. she dies, you all die

That's boring and lacks much creativity and RP potential. So I'm going for the nest... You each can survive independently if you wish, but it maybe more difficult and more dangerous then if you lived with the brood.

That in mind I'm not sure where to go with reproduction... Let's leave that for another time, if ever we do discuss it...

Interaction between broods... Oooooooooo, I feel ALOT of RP in the political sense of this... Like major power playing, assassinations, alliances... Could be a website of its own just with that element!

However that is a much harder RP for me and I don't wanna get real in depth with it, so I will keep it to a much simpler standard that they do not interact with each other at all, and their territory's only expand as far as they need to for survival.

Obviously food... Is the love from another pony. Now I want to take a look at the idea of a changeling feeding of the love of another changeling...

I see it more as like milk... Stay with me here. Baby's live of that stuff, and during the course of a child's life, it is rather important for necessary development.

But a adult gets little to no benefit from it and maybe just substitutes it for water, but dinner is still required for survival.

If this confuses you let me know via pm, and I'll try to word it differently.

My personal views on changelings, you really don't need to pay attention to this part. This is opinion, no one wins this one XD

They are misinterpreted and a rather pure race, I'll elaborate on the purity...

The idea of evolution pushes me to assume the changelings were very deceptive / defensive to have developed the shape shifting abilities they have and their diet - love. Is something you achieve from another person who gives it freely and impossible to take by force.

Feeding on love does not mean you are devoid of it, quite the opposite in my books.

If you were rejected simply because you looked ugly, you would seek to change that. I see changelings loving what's on the inside far more then anything else, and the idea of judging a book by its cover / stereotypes does not exists to them.

Short cuts are what divide the good from bad.

Do you mimic someone and sap they love they worked for with time and effort, and continually find another and another every day?

Or do you mealy hold false shape and build that love yourself for a life time?

Now that is the tricky part... Most of the plot will react to your characters... Since I can not predict you characters to 100% accuracy I can not say where the plot leads.

The start however, will be you coming of age... Ritual? Party? Lesson?

Basically when you are first let out of the nest to fend for yourself under the supervision of another incase you get into trouble.

Kinda think changelings have a natural ability to tell each other apart from the ponies.

Whether it is a evil changeling nest or a good nest will be up to you characters alignment.

Edit: just clarify with you all.

You will not be a part of chrysalis brood. You'll be apart of my own, self made brood. A purple coloured one

Second, along all the stuff above... I honestly believe if a brood grows to big, it starve out and run a higher risk of getting caught. So a max of maybe 40 changelings to a brood... Opinions?

Archived