X-Com, Enemy Within RP

RainbowDaringDash

Spear whipped his head to the direction of the explosion and though for a moment.

“afraid so shay, unless you guys got anything that’s the only lead we got!”

he looked to his men; he walked over and put his hand on Shay’s shoulder

“I know we got off on a wrong foot, get me some kills! prove me wrong! SHOW ME WHAT YOU CAN DO! Your X-com the best of the best you can do this!”

spear's voice was steady, strong. in it you could tell he as genuine. he trusted shay even if he didn't particularly like him.

he turned to Leszek and thru his mic asked

“Leszeck Report are any of the vehicles drivable? Report any evidence or abnormalities”

he then looked around and called out to Fenix

“Fenix; Report give me eyes on that explosion”

Spear took a deep breath and looked about. Making sure his com was off, he scanned the area seeing nothing he looked back to shay and said

“I’m pretty freaked out too! Don’t worry. But those seals need us. … keep a steady aim, stay alert and watch everyone else and there’s nothing even those aliens can do to stop us!”

• 2 weeks later...

Fenix made it to the top of the dune and shouldered his rifle to scope out the explosion, and though the tiny lens the he saw a smoking mass of what use to be a Humvee. it was so exciting being the thick of the action with no clear directive and the leadership was just a pain to follow but it was obligation, fiddling with the ear com to make sure it was going to fall out again like last time he pressed the channel button "I got eyes on one smoking Humvee and maybe one survivor, no other activity-" there was activity, but not in the direction he was looking. A bright green flash was soundlessly missiling towards him and his peripheral vision had saved him in those brief seconds, he had dropped like a plank on his back and rolled back down the dune all the way to the bottom with the rest of the squad.

When he stopped rolling his heart rate was a lot quicker and he almost threw his rifle when he swag his first in a mad excitement "Whew!!! Now that was a good wake up call, We got contacts over her ladies! I didn't count how many, maybe one for each of us... at lest~" he dashed forward and around one of the wrecked cars and preped himself. He was hoping there were more of those little grey things then he had bullets.

After looking closely at more broken rubble, Leszek heard the crackle of his ear radio as his sergeant spoke. Find a drivable humvee, well, that was going to be a challenge. Most of them looked like they were destined for the garbage dump. Nonetheless, he had his orders. The pole lifted his finger to his ear comm and called, "On it boss, most of this look like was melted off. Some sort of high energy rounds. It look too regular for IEDs. Almost like it was burnt, armour melt right off." through the microphone. 

He stalked through the wrecked vehicles once more before selecting one humvee in particular. It was battered and burnt, one of the side doors having melted straight off by some unknown attack. Still, there was no damage to the wheels or the front of the car, and that was what mattered most. If the engine and the wheels were good then they could drive it. The soldier lowered his rifle and climbed inside the burnt humvee. Thankfully it was still the right way up and didn't look to be wedged on anything, even more promising. He climbed into the driver's seat and turned the ignition. The engine snarled to life.

Leszek raised his finger to his ear once more and transmitted a radio signal to the sergeant. "Transport acquired. Humvee in bad shape but works," he reported through his polish accent. That was when he heard the call of contacts. That wasn't good, seemed like whatever had taken out the convoy was coming in for seconds. Instinctively, Leszek clambered into the back of the humvee and forced open the top hatch. Here's hoping the machine gun on the top was still operational. 

Archived