Uncommon students to a common school (Closed)

franshpout

( Some music to go with it! http://listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=y5KS4i8kzjU#Clannad_-_Country_Lane )

The middle of the year, students were in class while younger foals were still at home with their parents or foalsitters. Thing was, some foals were not in school even though they had the age for it. This was the case for a young fairy who started living in Ponyville not that long ago. She arrived here, greeted by another fairy living in a forest around Ponyville. Not the Everfree Forest, mind you! but one of the peaceful woods that could be found around the harmonious town.

While this being months after school began, some students were still accepted in classes, beginning late, but with special aid for them to catch up with the rest. This being said, the young fairy had been registered in school so she could learn like the others. It was important for her to learn and manage to interact with others. Yet she knew it wouldn't be so easy due to two things.

One, she had no interest in being taught by somepony else than Seria....

Two, her cold aura would probably keep others away from her.

Yet her caretaker insisted to see her with others and thought that she would probably learn faster with a real teacher.

It was now her first day and she was already late for her very first class. It could be noticed with how low her head hung and the annoyed look she put on with the pouty lips. Walking down the trail of dirt that would lead to school, she did not bother much about looking where she was going. Other ponies would be the ones to step aside instead of her. Some would ask her if she was okay, but she kept going in a straight line anyway, ignoring all that was on her path.

Eventually the building she was headed to was presenting itself before her. Upon looking up at it she'd leave out a sigh, wondering if she really had no choice to go there. After a quick thought it seemed like she really had to do this. She knew she was late and this probably wouldn't be good for her. She'd walk up the small stairs and push the doors to enter the school where the halls were empty. She'd walk among the halls, her hooves echoing with the ground at every step and eventually would find the classroom she was supposed to go in. Good thing she knew how to read numbers... because reading words was still a new thing to her, despite her age. The ice fairy stood before the door for a moment, trying to listen in. She could hear somepony talking. By the sound of the voice it was probably the teacher, but... something sounded off with that voice. It was so... monotone. In any case... she had to do this. Staightening up, she'd breath deeply and let it all out before knocking on the closed door. The voice inside would stop and hoofsteps could be heard. Soon after, the door would open to reveal a mare colored of a pink coat and a long and attached green mane. This one had a very straight face, completely devoided of emotions. It was Claire Essence, a teacher who, despite the fact that she was never showing any sentiments, had been hired after she prove herself. The young ice fairy blinked twice as she stared at her.

Claire: You must be the new student, Freesia.

She said, always with the use of a monotone voice. The young ice fairy nodded to her slowly.

Claire: You can come in.

And so Freesia stepped inside the classroom, where she would eye the classroom from left to right, all of the students looking at her. Gulping down some saliva, the nervous young fairy would look for a place to sit at, but before that...

Claire: This is your new classmate. I will ask that you respect her like everypony else. While we have unicorns, earth ponies and pegasi, she is a fairy. While uncommon, she deserves the same as everyone else here.

It felt reassuring to hear this, yet at the same time she felt very different from the others. No one else spoke a word for now. The teacher would look at her.

Claire: Would you like to tell us a little about yourself?

Freesia: Um...

Freesia hesitated for a short moment. Her stare would derive here and there as she tried to think of something, but she was just not used to all of this!

Freesia: Well... I'm Freesia and... I'm here to, uh... learn. Can I take a seat now?

This sounded awkward and she wanted to be over with it as soon as she can, hence why she immediately asked if she could sit down at an empty desk. The teacher nodded slowly and pointed a desk that she could pick. It was situated... ugh... great... right in the middle of the classroom. Literally the worst place for her given that she was constantly unleashing cold air around her. Well... she didn't have much of a choice, did she? She'd make her way there and sit down as soon as she could, now ''ready'' to begin that first day of school. Once she was installed, the teacher would give another slow nod and would turn herself to the blackboard where a bunch of stuff was written. She could continue teaching.

((Okay, so you guys really go with what you want from here. Either you're also a new student, or you're already a student here or anything else, really! As long as it fits the RP XD

As for the teacher, please leave her to me. It's actually a very old character of mine that I made as a joke before, but still gave a story to and it became something less of a joke! Don't worry, nothing weird will happen other than her being devoided of emotions. Other than that she's actually good with kids and has great knowledge.))

Murmurs.

All the little colt can hear were murmurs. Nothing more, nothing less. Though he tries very hard to clear his ears and mind and try to at least listen to the teacher, the constant tone of her voice was really hard to not get bored of. Adding the fact the he doesnt have a seatmate, things arent really good for him at the moment. He would intently stare at the teacher, as he tried very, very hard to keep his eyes open. He honestly wasnt a disrespectful colt, he just, really wished something interesting, no, scratch that, something different would happen.

Cause at this case, a random fly that gets splattered between the table and his hoof would be mind-blowing as of now.

Then, hoofsteps. Tiny hoofsteps.

He quickly averted his pastel blue eyes over to the side to see not just a pony, but a very unique pony! Yes, a very unique pony indeed! And for once in a long while, he no longer hears murmurs, but rather, actual words coming from the monotone teacher. The brown colt instantly grinned as he wildly waved a hoof in the air. He got a lot of weird looks, but that isnt important as of now. Listening further to the actual words that emerged from the teacher's lips, he confirmed that she was a fairy! How intriguing! And in his dictionary of vocabulary, awesome!

But then, his face took hold of an even happier look when the fairy herself sat beside him. Beside him. If he wasnt a boy, he would've squealed at how excited he was. But before he could glomp the new student, he noticed something. Something odd. The new student, well, lets just say she wasnt so excited about this whole ordeal. So, instead of a more, so you say, energetic introduction, maybe he should do take things slow for now. So, instead of an instant hug and scream, he went for a more gentle approach.

"Hey there! My name is Knitz, welcome to this new school. Wanna be friends?" The colt whispered nicely to her, paired with a charming smile.

Only then, did he noticed the atmosphere around him drop suddenly. Like the air around him has gotten colder. He shivered as he rubbed his hooves together, but while he does so, he had a constant smile plastered on his face. He assumed it came from his new seatmate. Why? Well, her wings were made out of ice, and so was her tail. So, what else was he gonna get the guess from?

"Brrr...Haha, wow, it suddenly turned cold..." The moment those whispers escaped Knitz mouth, he instantly regretted it. He thought that she may feel bad or something.

"N-not that its not okay! Actually, its a comfortable kind of cold..." He almost whisper-screamed as his voice laced with panic and regret.

What he said was true. This kind of cold was comfortable. This kind of temperature would make him want to cuddle his new seatmate. But he would never admit it though. Well, he might, soon. But not yet.

(Someone finally making reference of Freesia's frozen tail. You're awesome! Oh and how old would Knitz be in this RP? Here I know that they don't give age, but I always refer to human age. In which case Freesia is 11 years old.)

Great... Not only did she just sit in the very middle of the classroom, but the pony next to her immediately began whispering to her. How should she react, though? It was already awkward to present herself in front of everyone, now she didn't want to make it worse with this other one. He must have seen how embarassed she was too... She looked at him from the corner of her eyes, without saying a word. He was a quick one too! Already asking if they wanted to be friends without even knowing her. But before she could try to answer him, this one caught a glimpse of her cold air... exactly what she didn't want to see happening. Of course the colt had to say something about it too, making the ice fairy sigh a little, trying to be subtle.

It made her look down slightly, but she would erase that sad look from her face when Knitz decided to quickly correct himself. She couldn't help but to look at him curiously. It was a sentence no one had ever told her before. After all she was the only one to find coldness comfortable. Was her own cold air really like this?

Freesia: Umm, uh...

She wanted to say something to him back, but before she could, her eyes would spot something at the front and she'd turn her head facing the front of the class where the teacher was looking at them both. Great... Knitz had been heard and both were blamed... What a nice start.

Claire: If you two want to talk you'll have to wait until recess. Don't worry, it will be soon enough. Now you should pay more attention, okay?

The teacher would say still with the use of her monotone voice. Well, now that this was said the teacher would get back to her blackboard with more to write on it. Freesia would take this opportunity to say something to Knitz.

Freesia: Sorry... I think we will have to talk later.

She'd whisper to him before adjusting herself back on her chair.

Freesia: And, uh... thanks.

She'd add as well with a slight smile as she refered to what Knitz previously told her.

((I seriously had no idea what I was thinking when I made this char...but I still love him :3))

The door opened with a creak as Paws walked in. His first day, and most of the ponies were already there. Heck, he didn't even know if he was in the right classroom, as he didn't have any idea how to read or write. He had to go with his gut. Usually, Paws was an outgoing little wolf, but this was one of the rare times when he was nervous. At first, he was excited to be able to go to school, despite it being the middle of the year. But now, the classroom scene freaked him out. What would the other ponies think of him?

As he entered though, Paws was surprised that no one was staring at him. They seemed to be focused on another filly in the room. He was relieved. Being stared at reminded him of the times in his pack, after he got his wings. Slowly, Paws walked up to the teacher. "Um...excuse me... are you Mrs Essence?" He asked, trying to be as polite as possible, but a at the same time praying this was the right room.

((Dang, I like that...Oh! And Knitz is 12 X3))

Knitz laughed awkwardly as he muttered an apology to the teacher. He let out a nervous chuckle while he rubbed the back of his head with his hoof. After so, he nodded and Claire continued teaching. Well, that didnt go so well. But at least Freesia said something about talking later, so thats good!

He couldnt say "yeah" right now, he'll get caught again. So instead, he patted Freesia's back gently as a thank you. After so, he continued to focus. Or tried to focus anyway.

But then a new student showed up. And first of all, he was a wolf. Amd second of all, HE IS A FREAKING WOLF. Hah! That was awesome! And what the heck are those behind his back? Wings?!? The wolf has wings?!?!?! He was so awed that he wished more uncommon students can study here.

((I hope I can put an uncommon student by the way, I'm still making her though... :3))

The teacher was pretty busy writing on the blackboard. She didn't even hear the new one enter the room as her own voice was covering the sounds of the door opening. But as the pup would approach and speak to her, she would stop what she was doing and would deposit the chalk down on the edge of the board before she'd come to look down with her stare of nothing.

Claire: ... You must be Paws, if I'm correct. I almost forgot we had more than one new studen today. You're in the right class.

She'd say. The teacher would then come to face the class once more, showing Paws of a hoof.

Claire: We have another comrade to join us. This is Paws and just as I said for Freesia, he deserves the same respect as anyone else, so please be kind to your new classmate.

From her seat, Freesia watched as the pup had entered the classroom. She didn't know that there would be a new one other than her, this was almost reassuring. This way she wouldn't be all alone to be the new one and wouldn't be the single student to be so different from the others. He was a wolf! A wolf among ponies surely would have to get him some attention, but this wouldn't be as easy... On the other desk next to her the student there was holding himself and trembling, freezing. The ice fairy hadn't noticed and had forgotten about that when she saw Paws enter, but this would quickly remind her that she was not in the best of places at the moment. She could hear him shiver on his seat. When she'd turn to look she'd see that he had a hoof raised to get the teacher's attention.

Student: T-T-Teach, I-I'm f-f-freezing... C-Can I m-m-move s-so-mewhere else, pl-lease?

Claire looked in his direction. She could remember that when Freesia was next to her, she felt cold air as well. She knew this would be troublesome, but there weren't so many seats available left either... Without shifting her eyes she saw Freesia who brought herself back down in her seat out of shame, ears going down. The teacher had to think of something to make everyone comfortable. Yet before she could even say something, the bell would ring in the whole school. Although it was impossible to see, Claire was relieved.

Claire: It's recess time. You're all allowed to go have fun outside for the time being.

Obviously the freezing student hurried himself out of his chair and rushed outside along with a few other students who were just waiting for this moment. The teacher would turn herself toward Paws, who had arrived at a rather odd time.

Claire: If you wish to you can go and play with the others outside.

She'd tell him. Yet, for Freesia it wouldn't look as fun. She remained in her seat, head and eyes looking down in sadness, not bothering herself to go join the others outside. Obviously there was something wrong. Obviously she was not happy of the current circumstances.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived