I miss fruit.

Tam

Seriously, I do. I want strawberries sprinkled in sugar more than anything right now. Major craving for it. But whenever I go to the grocery store to look at their selection I cringe because they're all pretty much half rotten before you can even take them home. Makes me one saaad pony. :C

What are some fruits you're missing lately?

Apples may be my exclusive fruit. I haven't really given any other fruit a chance. Apart from a half eaten tin of pineapple slices sitting in my pantry.

Pineapple bits are really, really tasty on cottage cheese. I have to admit.

Living alone, I tend not to buy fruits or veggies because they'll go bad before I can get to them, so I usually buy canned anything sadly. However, recently I bought some baby carrots and radishes instead of candy and I've been nomming them like they were candy. *burp* c_c;

Although, I did see some amazing strawberries when I was grocery shopping in a small refrigerated section near the bags of salad and bottle fruit juices. If you can't get to a fresh market, look for an area like that.

I really love grapes, but I tend to forget about them in the fridge.

As for apples, growing up in Washington, I've not been a big fan,

especially Red apples since they tend to be mushy.

However, now that I'm in Minnesota and there are apples native to

this area and apples here that have been created here, I've come

to love apples, though I still don't like red apples. :P

I miss starfruit! We get it on occasion up here in the summer, but it's not really fresh! I miss Florida, where I got fresh starfruit, strawberries, key limes and oranges! I used to make a *****in' fruit salad with yogurt, strawberries, kiwi, blueberry, starfruit and pineapple. And up here in Ohio, I simply can't because nothing is locally grown. And when it is, it's either very expensive or underdeveloped.

Oh, and TOMATOES. They're SO expensive this year because of all the terrible hard freezings we've had all over the USA...

I pretty much miss all the fruit I like right now.... apples, cherries, oranges, strawberries.

I'm a neuroscience student and I spend the majority of my life hiding in a lab therefore don't buy a lot of groceries, especially things like fruit because they go bad so fast usually I'm not home enough to eat them :(

this thread is making me think I should start eating better! :D