Some Things Just Need to Be Said (closed)

CaptainMcDerp

This is a continuation from our Crystal Faire Event Thread.

You okay, Ishy?

Oh that smile, Flourish couldn't help but smile back. Amethyst just made her feel so good inside. In fact, Flourish couldn't remember ever being truly unhappy since she had started living with the purple pegasus. She just had this way about her. Something that made Flourish not only smile but feel warm inside. She just had to tell her friend! But what if she didn't feel the same way? Would that ruin the special bond they had? Flourish wasn't sure she wanted to risk it. But then the thought of really being close to her friend came to her mind. To be able to snuggle and hold her close and maybe even kiss her. Just the thought made the sky blue pegasus' heart beat faster.

"Oh, oh yeah! I'm doing fine Ammy! It's just really cool here isn't it? I've never seen so much sparkle before. You're right, even the ponies are made of crystal around here." She spied a stall selling crystals that could be worn in the mane or tail. "Maybe we should have some crystal to wear so we fit in?"

Flourish nodded to the stall selling the crystals. It would be fun to see her friend looking pretty and sparkly.

newammybanner_zpsdcc0775d.png

Hmmm. Maybe Amethyst was just reading too much into her friend's behavior. She wasn't a mind reader after all. She forgets that sometimes ponies look upset or bothered even when they're not.

Flourish suggested the two check out a stand selling crystal accessories. The idea was to try and fit in better with the crystal ponies. Amethyst chuckled. Something about the idea was mighty amusing. In fact it was kind of adorable. "Good idea! I may have grown up on a farm but I always enjoyed prettyin' myself up from time to time too."

The purple pegasus trotted up to the stall and browsed through the sparkly assortment. A crystal rose mane clip soon caught her eye. It was blue with a hint turquoise. Ammy gazed at it in awe. "Oooh, this one is prettier than a field of daisies! I bet it matches my eyes perfectly!" Well, maybe... Better get a second opinion.

With permission from the seller, Ammy inserted the rose clip just beside her right ear and turned to face Flourish. Her face burned hot as she felt a little more bashful than she expected. What in tarnation was her deal? She was just trying to make sure the accessory matched. Why was she blushing? She and Flourish always did stuff like this. It was just another normal ol' day with her very, very cute and amazing best friend that she wouldn't mind spending the rest of her life with.

Holy horse feathers, that backfired.

The warmth in her face grew as she fought a loosing battle. Get a grip, Ammy. You're just standing there blushing like a school filly. After managing to collect her thoughts, Ammy blinked into focused, cleared her throat and attempted a casual smile. "So...What do you think?"

Flourish let her eyes roam over the collection of sparkling gems that lay before her. It was all so dazzling! There were so many beautiful pieces that she didn't even know where to start.

"Oooh, this one is prettier than a field of daisies! I bet it matches my eyes perfectly!"

She turned to look at her friend as she inserted the clip into place. Flourish just couldn't keep her mind off the fact that being with Ammy just made her feel...well, whole. Why it had taken as long as it did for her to figure it out was a mystery but one thing she knew; she had fallen in love with her friend. As she gazed from the broach into Ammy's pretty eyes, Flourish felt her heart skip and her pulse quicken slightly. She tried to take a deep breath but ended up just sucking in some air.

"So...What do you think?"

"I ummmm...I..." She stammered for a moment. Flourish also noticed that Ammy seemed to be acting a bit oddly too. Well at least she wasn't the only one! "I think it's perfect! You're perfect!" She swallowed. Woops, wrong words. "I, I mean it looks great Ammy!" She reached up and brushed Ammy's forelocks to the side, brushing her hoof gently across her friends forehead.

Flourish just stood there for a moment, trying to think of something to say. All she wanted to do was tell Ammy how she felt but the risk of loosing their friendship kept her from doing so. Everything in her heart felt fit to burst and yet she tried to hold it back. "Would you mind if I got that for you, as a present?" She tried to smile casually.

"I think it's perfect! You're perfect! I, I mean it looks great Ammy!"

Amethyst blinked. Was her mind was playing tricks on her or did her friend just call her perfect? Before she could give it too much thought, Flourish placed a hoof on her forehead, brushing her mane to the side. Ammy gazed into those pretty magenta eyes and her silly grin dropped for just a moment. Horse feathers. Ammy really wanted to tell her friend the truth. But what if she's just seeing things all wrong? What if her mind was so clouded with infatuation that she's become plum delusional?

Flourish's voice slowed her racing thoughts. "Would you mind if I got that for you, as a present?"

Amethyst blinked back into reality and the smile returned to her face. She cleared her throat. "Oh yes, I'd love that! Thank you Flourish!" She looked back to the crystal accessories. "Do you see anything you'd want? I sorta want to buy somethin' for you now."

I sorta want to buy somethin' for you now.

Flourish beamed at the prospect of buying her friend the lovely gift and then the smile became even brighter when Ammy asked to get her something in return. Her eyes wandered over all the pretty gem stones and eventually settled on a clip that could be fitted onto a wing feather. It had lots of little gems, all sparkling brightly in various shades of blue and white.

"Wow! That one is so pretty!" She reached over with her muzzle and gently clipped it into place on her wing. She fluttered her wing feathers a little, making the gems dances and sparkle. "I guess this looks pretty good. We're gonna blend right in with all those crystal ponies now!" Flourish hoofed over the bits for Ammy's gift and then began to look around. She really wanted to talk to Ammy about how she felt but maybe a little more faire atmosphere might help to calm her nerves.

"So, anywhere else you'd like to go Ammy?" The pegasus had decided she would take her friend out to dinner that night and tell her then. Maybe over candles and some good food she would be able to share her heart?

The item Flourish chose was a sparkly cluster of blue and white gems. Ammy's blush briefly returned as her friend fluttered her wing to show off the glistening surfaces. It definitely complemented her nicely. When Flourish suggested they'd blend in with the crystal ponies, she nodded while trying to keep her blushing in check. "Yep! it looks great too. Very shiny n' such."

Ammy paid for the gift just as Flourish asked her where she wanted to go. She tapped her hoof to her chin. "Hmmm I am gettin' mighty hungry..." Her eyes settled on a restaurant out in the distance. She pointed in it's direction. "How bout there? Er, if you're hungry too that is. I could certainly hold off if you've got other ideas."

Ammy finally managed to push aside her emotions for the time being. But she's been tipping all over herself like a pony with four left hooves lately. This sort of thing wasn't uncommon, and she wasn't sure how much longer she could hide it. But things have simmered down for the moment so it was just time to just try and focus on having fun.

Food did sound good. Somewhere down in the depth of her anyway. just under the surface Flourish was just one big mess of emotions and questions. If was making the mare feel fit to burst! However, deeper down her tummy rumbled a little at the thought of a snack!

"Sure! Some food would be just perfect Ammy!" She tucked her wing with the pretty new gems up close to her body and turned her head to admire them. Then she turned to look at her friend. Ammy looked so so so pretty with the broach in place. Her eyes sparkled, the broach sparkled, the whole world seemed to sparkle as she gazed for a long moment. Then Flourish felt herself lean forward a little. She pulled herself back. What was she thinking? She certainly couldn't kiss Ammy, she hadn't even told her how she felt!

"Hmmmm, well there's lots of good looking places around here." She snapped herself back to reality and looked up and down the street they were on. She sniffed the air. A delicious scent was wafting out of one particular stand. It was a cart that was selling pastries and cookies and such. They had little tables with chairs set up outside the stall.

"How about a little sweet treat Ammy? We could sit and watch the crowd walk by for a while?"

Amethyst was relived when her friend seemed to be hungry too. Being so nervous on an empty stomach was a little hard to handle. Getting her belly full would surely calm her nerves a bit.

Ammy walked alongside Flourish as they searched for a place to stop. Moving again provided a nice distraction for the time being. But Ammy's feelings towards Flourish would surface again as they always did. If only she knew what to do about them!

As they scanned the area, they're eyes met and Flourish seemed to simply gazed in silence. Ammy's blush returned as she stared back. And then something happened that sent Amethyst into an internal tizzy. Flourish leaned slightly forward. What was she doing? Was there something in her teeth? Was she going in for a kiss? Ammy didn't move. After all, she was probably just being delusional again. The mare simply watched as Flourish pulled back, confirming her suspicions that it was all in her lovestruck head. But the purple mare couldn't help but feel rather disappointed at the realization.

The two found their way into a humble little pastry stand. the smell was just intoxicating to the hungry pony.

"How about a little sweet treat Ammy? We could sit and watch the crowd walk by for a while?"

Ammy nodded. "That sounds like a mighty fine idea. My hooves were gettin' a bit tired so takin' it easy for a bit should fix em right up." The mare walked up to the stand and browsed the selection. As soon as her eyes landed on a colorful assortment of Macarons. She knew that's what she wanted. Ammy ordered a lemon, strawberry, and chocolate flavor before taking a seat and waiting for her friend to join her.

Flourish trotted up to the stand after Ammy had ordered her macaroons. They looked so good! She had always loved the different colors they came in, always so pretty and so tasty! The pegasus let her eyes travel over the assortment of treats and she finally decided on a coconut macaroon and a medium sized cinnamon roll. She just couldn't wait to sink her teeth into that warm, melty goodness!

She sat down next to Ammy, intent on watching the crowd for a while.

"Wow! They had so many good things to choose from! It was so hard to decide!" Flourish let her mind try to focus on the food and not on her pretty friend for a while. Maybe that would help the butterflies calm down a little.

After a few bites of cinnamon roll she looked over at Ammy as a pair of super sparkly crystal ponies walked by. "I think with our new jewelry we fit right in!" She smiled at Ammy, not knowing there was frosting from the roll on her muzzle. 

"Wow! They had so many good things to choose from! It was so hard to decide!"

Ammy nodded. "That's why I picked three!" She peered down at the half eaten pastry. "Macaroon is a pretty funny word isn't it? But it'd be a pretty darn cute name. I'd call em' Mac for short."

Flourish turned her attention to some crystal ponies as they passed, making a comment on how they surely fit in now. Amethyst smiled. "Darn tootin' we do!" Her grin melted for a moment as she noticed frosting on her friend's snout. "You got a little somthin' on her face." Without a second thought, Ammy reach over to wipe it off but paused in mid-lean. "Err. I'm sure you can get it yourself, heh, if you wanna. I-I mean of course you'd want to...eh." Her words fell short as she felt the blush returning stronger than ever.

Err. I'm sure you can get it yourself, heh, if you wanna. I-I mean of course you'd want to...eh.

Flourish was sure she could get it herself but this could be the perfect opportunity to have Ammy closer to her without it being too awkward. Of course it would be a little awkward but the two had lived with each other quite a while so there were sometimes slightly embarrassing moments between them. This wouldn't be that much different right? Plus, it had looked like Ammy might want to help her out.

"Oh well uhhhh, could you get it for me? I don't want to you know...miss any?" She tried to swallow the butterflies that seemed to be fluttering from her stomach up into her throat. Her heart started beating fast again. Especially so when she saw Ammy blush.

Why oh why couldn't she just tell her friend how she felt? She would do it soon, today in fact! Yes! They would walk around a little more and then she would walk to the gardens with Ammy and they would sit on a bench and she would share her feelings with her friend. It was the perfect plan! Now, all she had to do was pull it off!

---------

The day had been just perfect! Lots of fun, pretty sights, and lots of time with her special favorite mare. Flourish couldn't have asked for anything more...well, she was going to have to. She had promised herself tonight would be the night she would tell Ammy how she felt. The sun had started to set. The crystal gardens had been lit for the evening with colorful sparkling lanterns as there were so many visitors in town.

The two walked through the lovely evening garden. Flourish kept trying to steal glances at her pretty friend. She looked so pretty with the lantern light playing in her eyes.

"I had so much fun with you today." She smiled at her friend.

The day was starting to end and Ammy reflected as she walked alongside Flourish in the crystal garden. Today was awesome but not so great at the same time. She felt like she'd nearly faint when she helped Flourish with the icing on her face. This was getting frustrating. She's lovesick as a lovebird but couldn't seem to express her feelings. Her heart skipped as she considered something. What if they were waiting for the other one to speak first? What if that went on forever?

"I had so much fun with you today."

Ammy looked at her friend, hoping the uneasiness didn't show. "Me too." She examined the crystal gardens for the first time in an attempt to return to the moment. Wow, they were really beautiful. It's amazing she didn't noticed before but her mind was currently preoccupied. Amethyst pushed her thoughts back and tried to act normal. "This place sure is pretty."

This place sure is pretty.

"Yeah, it sure is..." Flourish sighed, looking at her friend instead of the scenery. She turned away for a moment, worried that Amethyst might have seen her but then she turned back. Though it made butterflies swirl in her stomach, she didn't care if Ammy knew that it was her that was pretty, more pretty than any of the sparkling wonders of the crystal gardens. The most beautiful pony she had ever seen.

"Ammy..." Flourish swallowed hard, trying to keep herself calm. "I mean it...you're...well..." It was best to just keep walking. Flourish turned her gaze away towards a lovely flowing fountain as she spoke. "You're pretty. You're beautiful in fact. The most beautiful pony I've ever met. You're silly and smart and funny, and well..."

She could feel her heart pounding in her chest. It seemed like her life was hanging on what she was saying. If it scared Ammy off Flourish just didn't know what she would do. But she had to! She owed it to herself and to her friend to tell her.

"I've been meaning to tell you this for a while...I really like you Ammy. Like I like you a lot." Her heart was beating so fast she felt it would burst! The pegasus was overwhelmed with emotion. She couldn't even look at her friend, she just hoped upon hope that Ammy would respond how she always dreamed. That the purple pegasus would say she liked her too and maybe even give her a kiss...

"Yeah, it sure is..."

Amethyst nodded before turning her gaze back to the scenery. Darn it, she was having a pretty hard time enjoying herself. The feeling of disappointment was a little too great to push aside. She just didn't want to risk it. She knew this was no way to live but she was just too scared to take the first step.

"Ammy..."

Amethyst turned back to her friend. "Yes?"

"I mean it...you're...well...You're pretty. You're beautiful in fact. The most beautiful pony I've ever met. You're silly and smart and funny, and well..."

Ammy's heart pounded in her chest and her face felt like it was set on fire. It took everything she had to continue walking and she simply gazed at her friend, taking in every word like a thirsty sponge.

"I've been meaning to tell you this for a while...I really like you Ammy. Like I like you a lot."

There was no way Amethyst could convince herself otherwise now. Flourish just confessed to her. Confessed what she had been too afraid to do all this time. It was like a huge weight was lifted off her shoulders to the point that she could've floated away. All that emptiness was filled up with absolute joy. At this point a huge grin was on her face, but Flourish wouldn't have seen it. She held her gaze elsewhere, obviously terrified of that sort of reactions she might get. It was just heartbreaking to see! All Ammy wanted to do was wrap her up in her arms and give her a big smooch.

Ammy gently placed her hoof on Flourish's chin, coaxing her to look at her.  "Shucks, Flourish. I've been smitten with you for quite some time now. I just didn't know how to say it, or when, or if I even wanted to risk it. You're much much braver than me." She wrapped her arms around her and squeezed. "I don't know what I would've done without ya! Wow I can't believe this is happenin! She fell silent for a moment as she gazed in Flourish's eyes, blushing like crazy and grinning like an idiot. "Erm so...Would you mind if I kissed ya right about now?"

Erm so...Would you mind if I kissed ya right about now?"

Oh geez...oh wow... Flourish could feel herself melt as Ammy spoke. So her friend had felt the same way the whole time? It was too good to be true. The pegasus' heart heart beat light and fast, she felt tingly all over. it was the best thing she had ever felt! She gazed at Ammy as she spoke, the soft light of the gardens sparkling in her lovely eyes. The whole world faded, everything dimmed, except for those eyes. She had stopped walking now she just stood and stared.

"Would I mind? Of course not. I...I would love to..." She took a step towards Ammy and used her hoof to gently lift her chin. Flourish hardly knew what she was doing, it just felt right. She leaned forward, placing her muzzle up near Ammy's cheek and nuzzled her affectionately. She smelled so good, like sweet grapes and sun shine and everything Flourish had come to love.

"I can't believe this is happening either Ammy...but it's so good." She spoke softly into her friends ear before drawing back and meeting her muzzle to muzzle.

(Edit: This thread is completed!) ;)

Archived