Animal Crossing

MRAAAAW! I'M SO EXCITED I CAN'T EVEN HANDLE IT!!! :kissy:

so if anybody else here LOVES animal crossing and hears anything about it, you can post it here. I please ask though, that if it's something about the game itself that isn't shown in the video, can you please use spoiler tags? other people might want to read it, but for me, I'd rather not spoil it for myself. most of the fun of animal crossing comes from figuring things out on your own.

also if you hear anything about release dates, PLEASE post those to. I've read around and heard a few different dates (August 2nd, September somthing, January 3rd) but I'm afraid to do too much reasearch because of the reason I said above.

I dunno, I'm just so excited for it, I had to post something somewhere! I'm not even going to bother spell-checking this!!! >_<

SWIMMING? wjehdkdfewtgqfdjuwqyd.

I love animal crossing, I got it for DS as soon as it came out and I played it so much it actually got overheated... heh. XD

This is making me want to get a 3DS... just for this game. I might actually get it, also the fact that a new Super Smash Bros game might come out on the 3DS as well.

SWIMMING? wjehdkdfewtgqfdjuwqyd.

I love animal crossing, I got it for DS as soon as it came out and I played it so much it actually got overheated... heh. XD

This is making me want to get a 3DS... just for this game. I might actually get it, also the fact that a new Super Smash Bros game might come out on the 3DS as well.

jmjmjm smash bros game? :kissy: maybe I'll get that to, I dunno.

yes, I've played my game until it overheated to XD I loved those days. I just wish I had friends that played animal crossing to. maybe I wouldn't have gotten bored of it so quickly... but I was able to keep at it for a good two and a half years, which is pretty good compared to most people

I do intend to get a 3DS solely to get the new animal crossing, but I'm going to wait for Christmas first, like I do with all games that I get super excited about

I got to watch this on a 3ds at work the other day, it's pretty amazing. The only thing that I KNOW is going to make my brain hurt is the dialogue boxes. The 3D effect is like looking into a window, instead of things coming out at you, but the dialogue boxes pop up in the extreme foreground, so you're looking in on this stuff and then have to shift your focus to read the text. The Nintendo rep laughed at my reaction because he knew exactly what I was struggling with.

Even so. MOAR ANIMAL CROSSING. MOAR. That game is the only reason I keep my Gamecube around. :ugeek:

I've never really payed much attention to Animal Crossing, save for a couple of really creepy Let's Plays. My first reaction to this was "Hey, this looks a little like Harvest Moon. Nice."

And then I saw the Master Sword. NICE. :20:

And a new Smash Bros game on 3DS, you say? Maybe I should buy a 3DS- Ack hell no what am I saying! It'll be a cold day in hell before they get me to buy into the whole 3D gimmick crap. Seriously, that stuff hurts my eyes :?:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! I love that game. It's so relaxing and... I love the soundtrack in there nn. It makes me feel like home. I have Animal Crossing: Wild World for my Nintendo DS, and also, yesterday bought 'Animal Crossing: let's go to the city!' for wii and I'm rally enjoying it. If anypony would like to meet here is my friend code: 2408-7087-6419. just say anything, before coming nn.

Mushrooms, new cloths, designs, swimming, big world, benches... It looks so cool xx'.

I won't buy the new Nintendo 3DS... I know - Nintendogs and Animal Crossing are fun but I don't think they are worth buying a new console, when I have Xbox, DS, Wii and my old PC... >>.

If anypony would like to meet here is my friend code: 2408-7087-6419. just say anything, before coming nn.

ah, ah, you need your town name and character name to I think (º-º)/ I haven't played animal crossing in months (it would be years, but I play it with my neighbor when I babysit her), but I'll get my wii out and give you my friend code once I'm done reading all my piled up messages on all my sites that I go on

or is that your DS friend code? because my DS doesn't work with the new wi-fi that we got :cry:

I got to watch this on a 3ds at work the other day, it's pretty amazing. The only thing that I KNOW is going to make my brain hurt is the dialogue boxes. The 3D effect is like looking into a window, instead of things coming out at you, but the dialogue boxes pop up in the extreme foreground, so you're looking in on this stuff and then have to shift your focus to read the text. The Nintendo rep laughed at my reaction because he knew exactly what I was struggling with.

Even so. MOAR ANIMAL CROSSING. MOAR. That game is the only reason I keep my Gamecube around. :ugeek:

mm, yeah I can imagine that ._. I'm also not a huge fan on the style of the dialogue boxes. the bubble shape was so animal crossing-y. this seems more generic-game-y

I got to see a 3DS for the first time for about two seconds because my friend had one but he wouldn't show me. that's a lie, he did show me after my other friends got mad at him for showing them and not me :P were you able to play with the 3D slider thing on the side? because I'm pretty sure if you just turned it down a bit, it probably won't be too much of a problem

I saw that video a few days ago and may I say, it looks great! Though, I do like the look of characters in the ol games a little more. It just made it seem a little different. The other changes in the game as far as graphics are great. I'm glad that you can switch it to 2D though, the 3D hurts! The clothes and trees are very well done, from what I've seen. ( I just like the trees. :geek: )

I've played both Wild World and City Folk, but I much prefer Wild World. My town in City Folk lost a whole lot of grass, so I got turned off from it. I played Wild World for a good year and a half before I took a break, then went back a month or two later. The only problem was that my DS has a faulty slot for games and sometimes froze up. I caught an angler fish ( The one with the lantern on its head) and my game froze up! I was so ticked!

Enough about the older games. I want to swim now! I hope they bring back the constilations, they were one of my favorite fetures. Waiting for this is a lot tougher to wait for then Skyward Sword. I'm glad I've seen some of my old neighbors in the promos, but no Freckles. That duck was my favorite. Ugh, give us more Nintendo! More!!!

I saw that video a few days ago and may I say, it looks great! Though, I do like the look of characters in the ol games a little more. It just made it seem a little different. The other changes in the game as far as graphics are great. I'm glad that you can switch it to 2D though, the 3D hurts! The clothes and trees are very well done, from what I've seen. ( I just like the trees. :geek: )

I've played both Wild World and City Folk, but I much prefer Wild World. My town in City Folk lost a whole lot of grass, so I got turned off from it. I played Wild World for a good year and a half before I took a break, then went back a month or two later. The only problem was that my DS has a faulty slot for games and sometimes froze up. I caught an angler fish ( The one with the lantern on its head) and my game froze up! I was so ticked!

Enough about the older games. I want to swim now! I hope they bring back the constilations, they were one of my favorite fetures. Waiting for this is a lot tougher to wait for then Skyward Sword. I'm glad I've seen some of my old neighbors in the promos, but no Freckles. That duck was my favorite. Ugh, give us more Nintendo! More!!!

I think I do agree that I like the old designs, but I think that's just because I've been playing since grade 4 or 5 and it's just a nostalgia thing. that being said, the fun of animal crossing is built only on the nostalgia of it for a lot of players... but I'm looking forward to the new designs because I think their tallness will make it easier to make cosplay outfits for them :D

I actually never knew about the fact that your town lost grass when you ran until recently :? I've read so many strategy guides and cheats and stuff online, but I never came across that for some reason... my town always had lots of grass in both WW and CF, I guess because I didn't like to run

I hope they keep Coco and Gaston D: I kinda hate both of them, but I've had them in all of my towns (me and my sister combined had 5 towns) and they never move out no matter how hard I try. it wouldn't be the same without them XD

I think I do agree that I like the old designs, but I think that's just because I've been playing since grade 4 or 5 and it's just a nostalgia thing. that being said, the fun of animal crossing is built only on the nostalgia of it for a lot of players... but I'm looking forward to the new designs because I think their tallness will make it easier to make cosplay outfits for them :P

I actually never knew about the fact that your town lost grass when you ran until recently :? I've read so many strategy guides and cheats and stuff online, but I never came across that for some reason... my town always had lots of grass in both WW and CF, I guess because I didn't like to run

I hope they keep Coco and Gaston D: I kinda hate both of them, but I've had them in all of my towns (me and my sister combined had 5 towns) and they never move out no matter how hard I try. it wouldn't be the same without them XD

Yeah, I guess your right and the tallness is quickly growing on me. I can't wait to try me hand at a few cosplays!

Some towns are just lucky I guess. I've seen some fixes, but I hate time-traveling when it comes to games like this. It takes away the fun of waiting for holidays and such. I'm pretty sure that it only happenes in City Folk, because I never ran into that problem in Wild World and I ran every where.

That's like Peanut for me. She bugs me to no end, but I have had her at least once in my town. I think everyone has a neighbor like that, my friend was like that with one of the wolves, but I forget which one. He hated her, but when ever I visited the town, he was nicer, but not by much.

Something just popped up in my head. Something tells me that we'll see at least one Ponyville. I can just picture the mane six's cutie marks plastered on the ground. I really hope someone does something like that, just so I can visit the town! ;)

Something just popped up in my head. Something tells me that we'll see at least one Ponyville. I can just picture the mane six's cutie marks plastered on the ground. I really hope someone does something like that, just so I can visit the town! :P

yes >:| I've been trying to think of town names since I heard about the game; I can't believe I didn't think of that!

yes >:| I've been trying to think of town names since I heard about the game; I can't believe I didn't think of that!

It happens to the best of us. I'm probably going to use my normal town name, Dinville. That's what I call every town I've made. (Granted I've only made one town per game.) I don't know why I always use it really, it just has a nice ring to it I guess. What have you called some of your towns?

yes > :-| I've been trying to think of town names since I heard about the game; I can't believe I didn't think of that!

It happens to the best of us. I'm probably going to use my normal town name, Dinville. That's what I call every town I've made. (Granted I've only made one town per game.) I don't know why I always use it really, it just has a nice ring to it I guess. What have you called some of your towns?

leshee... the first one is probably the best. for my first Gamecube town, Rover asked me where I was going. I wanted to put "the beach" but it was too long, so I shortened it to "the bar". so now all my neighbours are always like "welcome to the bar" or "I hope to enjoy my stay at the bar" or "I hope to live in the bar for a long time to come" XD

my second gamecube town on my other memory card is called funvil. very lame and spelt wrong XD

sometimes I'll start a new gamecube town without a memory card just for fun, and I usually call the town "my house" or something like that :P (take the quotes that I wrote in the first paragraph, replace "the bar" with "my house" and you get something extremely funny to a ten-year-old that didn't fully understand what a bar was)

my DS town is called Starland. also very lame

my sister's first town was called boboland, but she restarted the game and now it's called ukuland or something like that (like ukulele)

and finally my Wii town is called Boondox :)

• 3 months later...

Oh, old topic is old :-(

Any members still out there that like this game? This video was posted recently, and it's 100% spoilers. I'm not doing a good job at keeping away from them.

:kissy:

I Recently bought a 3DS, and it's quite great. and there's so many games i'm extremely ready for, Luigi's Mansion 2, Animal Crossing 3DS, Possible new Smash Bros, Etc. I think this is the only System that i'm actually going to pay alot of money on. xD But i am quite Ready for this game, It'll be good to start anew on AC. my last world got screwed over, and it was a horrible way to end my AC life. =C

Animal Crossing isn't a game...it's a horrible, horrible disease. :scream:

EVERYTIME they come out with a new one I play it non-stop for MONTHS.

Needless to say.....I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE 3DS VERSION. :kissy:

(am I the only one upset about how you can't change your skin color?)

A perfect Animal Crossing would be one where you could be an ANIMAL.