[Manehattan] Lunch in the Sunshine (Closed: Pyroblaze)

Elderflower

It seemed as though all of the doom and gloom the rainclouds had brought to Manehattan the day before had been chased away by the sun. Frostlace, the white unicorn mare from Stalliongrad, was basking in the light at a white table outside an Itailian restaurant, a chute of prosecco fizzing away before her while she took in the sights of the city. Soon enough she would be joined by Sunrise Skies, a mare she had met twice in the Crystal Empire during the time of its attack and again yesterday at a tattoo parlour of all places! Both mares were now very prettily branded with ink, and Frost was sure they’d make an attractive pair while they dined.

She shooed away a waiter while she sipped her drink, giggling at the sight of schoolfillies trying to race the clock to make it back to school from their lunch break. She had arrived a little earlier at the restaurant than she had told Sunrise, mostly because the sun had woken her so early that morning that she hit the city as early as possible and found herself in need of a nice, cool drink after hours of wandering. She sipped the prosecco and smiled at the delicate, bubbly flavour. Normally she wasn’t one for such a light and frou-frou drink, but this restaurant was known for its prosecco and for very good reason. They stocked only Itaily’s finest and it paired very well with many of their dishes - so of course Frost felt the need to indulge.

She flipped idly through the menu while she waited for her new friend to arrive, already decided on what she would go with. Another sip of prosecco, another chuckle of laughter as the passing ponies rushed about the city - the atmosphere in the city held such charm in the sunlight!

Sunrise hummed to herself as she walked down the street, basking in the sunlight. Certainly much better weather than yesterday. The fiery mare was wearing an outfit that showed off her new tattoo. She was in the process of creating something like her favorite dress, except that it would better show off and compliment her tattoo.

Of course, that would have to wait until after her meeting with Frostlace. Speaking of the white mare, Sunrise was glad she had the chance to meet her. Of course, the attack was a shame, but it had lead to the two of them meeting properly. They probably would've met at the party eventually, but there was no point in wondering about what could have been.

When Sunrise reached the café, she waved at her friend, smiling as she walks closer. She really did look good, especially with that tattoo on her leg. Inkbrand had done a wonderful job with the two of them. Actually, he had done a great job on all his customers that day.

"Why hello, Frost! It's nice to see you again!" Sunrise greeted warmly, stopping in front of her friend with a wide smile. She gave a friendly hug in welcome, sitting down across from her once the hug was done. "I know we saw each other yesterday, but it's always nice to see you."

Frostlace returned her friend’s hug with a huge bearhug of her own, sweeping the red mare off of her hooves before whirling her around. She set her back down gently, of course, laughing merrily all the while.

“And lovely it is to see you, krasivyy,” she replied, sitting back down before flipping another chute right-side-up and pouring some chilled prosecco into it for Sunrise with her deft, magical grip, “Sunshine suits you better than the rains of yesterday. This bright lights made you shining like daylight! And that ink!”

Her own glass of prosecco was lifted in a blue-gold wash of magic, and she held it aloft before Sunrise. Ura! Cheers! To good friends, good weather, and brightest futures!”

A clink of glasses and a sip later and Frostlace was all smiles.

“So, Sunrise, telling me - how have you being since Crystal Empire?”

Sunrise smiled again as her friend spoke, pouring a drink all the while. If she wasn't mistaken, it was some form of prosecco. At least, that was what she saw from the bottle before Frost put it away again.

"Thank you, darling. I find most things look better in sunlight as opposed to rain. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact rain seems to hold a dreary meaning much of the time while sunlight is more cheery." Sunrise said, shrugging a bit. Then came the toast, and the designer lifted her glass in her reddish-orange magic to clink it against her friend's.

"Indeed! Cheers!" She replied, smiling before taking a sip of the drink. "Mmm, wonderful choice of refreshments, Frost." 

At her friend's question, the fiery unicorn paused a bit, giving a little hum as she swirled her drink around in the glass, taking another sip before setting the glass down. She wasn't really sure what to say, as that question could mean two different things, which would change the answer somewhat. After a second, she just decided to supply both, as the only part to change would be the inclusion or not of a first part.

"Well, do you mean after I returned or after the attack? After the attack, I was exhausted emotionally. It was much more excitement than I am used to in my life, you see. I helped a bit with the rebuilding efforts before that party, and I left not long after it ended. Since I've been back, it's been business as usual for me. Aside from yesterday, of course." She said, looking back to Frost. "How has your time been since then?"

Frost took another sip of prosecco and set it down upon the table, smiling at her friend’s praise, “Is quite refreshing drink, da? Is finest prosecco from Itaily, if I am being honest. I always have been longing to visit their vineyard - their grapes must being lovely!”

The Hoar Witch fixed Sunrise with a thoughtful look, a soft smile warming her expression while the red mare spoke. It was good to be able to speak casually - not a hint of doom or gloom poisoned the good cheer or sunshine around the two. Good, good! The invasion was a living nightmare, but if there was one lesson those Clan Olin caribou would learn from all of this it was that the heart of ponies in Equestria and the Empire were unconquerable. They would fight valiantly on the battlefield and off, hearts unwavering.

“Is good to hear you have being well, krasivyy, and when we are good in health we must eat well the foods, da? So please, order what you are liking. Lunch is my treats!” Frost chimed, straightening the silverware on the table before her, “As for myself...much of same. I am keeping busy to pass days, and even have teamed up with my drug, my friend Snowfall who you met and Prince Blueblood in excitement new project. We have investment in group that Prince calls IMAGINE, which we aim to using to eliminate reasons for conflict...and then the conflicts themselves! Is excitement, da? I am hoping to do some real goods.”

Sunrise gave a little hum at Frost's words about the drink, smiling at her friend. It certainly was a wonderful choice, and she shared the sentiment of wanting to visit the vineyards of those that made this bottle. 

"Are you sure, darling? I'm more than able to pay for myself. Of course, if you are sure, who am I to shoot down the generosity of a friend?" She said, giggling a bit at the end. "Thank you, darling." She added as she looked over the menu, listening to the rest of what her friend had to say.

"Well, that's wonderful to hear. I'm glad you have found something like that to help with, and I am also glad that you have been well. Perhaps I could join this IMAGINE." She said, looking up again as she gave Frost a friendly smile. The fiery unicorn took another sip of the prosecco as she went back to looking at the various foods on the menu. "I have more than enough money, it would be nice to use them on something that does good in the world."

“We would be more than happiness to see another lovely mare joining rank,” Frostlace purred in response, flagging down a waiter, “Prince Blueblood is...interesting stallion. Socially inept, ignorant, daft at some times. But his working with IMAGINE is admirable. There will be recruiting in Canterlot in near future - if you wish to helpful our cause, then please be there.”

By that point their waiter had appeared. First and foremost he topped up their glasses, pouring their prosecco for them. Secondly he took their orders. Without hesitation, Frostlace ordered the aglio e olio with a rocket and parm salad to start. Once Sunrise had made placed her order, the pale mare was eager to get the conversation running again.

“Enough of conflicting and struggles though, da?” she piped up, swirling her prosecco around the glass, “I am wanting to talk at you because of your fashions. I would liking to see them after, but for now I am ask how long you have been working as designer in big city?”

"Hmm... That sounds like something I will have to go to. I would be happy to join with a group that does good like you say they are." Sunrise said in response to Frost's words. She giggled a bit at her description of Blueblood, though she couldn't really refute it, as she didn't know the stallion all that well. She would have to go to this recruiting session, see what the organization was like and most likely join up with it.

For now though, she had a friend to visit with, so she pushed those thoughts aside for now. She looked at her menu again as Frost ordered her food. She wasn't really sure what she should get to eat, and she hummed a little when it came to be her turn. She smiled a bit at the waiter before placing an order for caprese salad. With the order placed, she smiled again as the waiter moved off, allowing Sunrise to turn her attention back to her friend.

"Oh yes, of course. Well, I have lived in Manehatten all my life, and I have been interested in fashion design for as long as I can remember. I am not quite sure how long I have been a designer, but I would say I have been one since the day I could. I love it." She said, smiling a bit as she talked, looking into her glass before taking another sip and looking back to Frost.

“You were fashionista from first, then?” the pale mare asked, her eyes glinting with a smile, “Explains many things. Refinement, charm, loveliness, passion. Am surprised I did not hear your name before now. You do not blink eyes at spending bits, so I imagination you are successful, da?”

Still, as a mare who spends the majority of her time home in Stalliongrad, it shouldn’t be too surprising that a Manehattan-based designer would pass under her radar. The fashion world was a competitive one, and Stalliongrad was full of superb, trendsetting designers. There was enough local talent to provide a mare with a very diverse wardrobe, so Frostlace had never really had a need to venture outside of the city’s fashion world to satisfy her high society life. After all, the Hoar Witch mare so rarely indulged in high society living that she didn’t really need an expansive wardrobe.

“I do behave like proper Countess from time to time,” Frost continued, a note of distaste in her expression when she uttered the c-word. It was very clear her title left a touch of a sour taste in her mouth, “And must be well dressed when doing this. Would be much easier facing room full of boring, stiff ponies with heads up own rears if armed in lovely fabrics sewn by a friend, da?”

Another sip of prosecco, and Frost’s expression lit up again, “Am very excitement to see your work after lunch. In meantime, perhaps you could tell me your style as designer?”

Sunrise gave a light laugh as she nodded at Frost's first words about her. Well, they all sounded true, anyways. It wasn't really all that surprising that the white mare hadn't heard of her before, given that the more widespread designs of hers were the ones she gave to the company she worked for, and those were more based on the current trends. No, they would be more well known under the company name rather than hers.

Oh well, no time for that, Frost was speaking again. Sunrise listened as Frost spoke about her title and essentially said she wanted an outfit from the designer for when she went to interact with other nobles.

"Of course, darling." She said before taking another sip of her drink. "Just to be clear, that applies to both your requests." She added, smiling a bit. After a couple seconds, she continued to actually answer the question about her style. "Well, that depends on if you mean the dresses I design for the company or the ones I make for friends and special orders. The latter are the ones I enjoy more, as I design them around the recipient rather than the current trends. I find those to be better, as they don't go out of style as soon as the trends change, and it feels more personal over all." She finished, smiling contentedly as she thought about her work.

Archived