Burning Wings

"Rhenn!" Shield yelled using echolocation

"We got trouble wake the others" he told him as he pulled out his sword and shield both dark royal blue and sending of waves of energy as he equipped them

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rhenn cursed to himself for not picking up on the scent earlier. Without losing much time he jumped from the top of the house and glided in through a window, knocking the glass open in a manor that would have nearly cracked it.

"Oi! Get up 'r get eaten; we've got timb'rwolves!" Rhenn souted loudly enough that he thought that it could disturb anypony's sleep no matter where they were in the house. "Get ev'ryone ready 'n a hurry!" he exclaimed turning to the window without bothering to check whether or not his alarm had roused the group.

The sudden pounding on the window caused Zed to quickly sit up in the large bed, more than a little startled. He quickly slipped his shoes back on and rushed over to wherever Rhenn was, quickly cleaning off his glasses before putting them on. "Eaten? Timberwolves?" He was still a bit groggy from the best sleep he had in over three days, and he yawned and rubbed his eyes.

"Aye, O heav'nly Zed. I suggest ya either get yer rear into gear an' prepare t' run fer Ponyville, or ya work some 'angel magic' an' help scatt'r some wood'n trash 'round th' ground!" Rhenn remarked, though not seeming to say what he did in offense.

"Now are ya comin' 'r not?" Rhenn asked, Irving Zed a gaze a parent would give a foal right before a lecture.

Shadow had fallen a sleep and jumped up with a startle and her hair in a subtle but gorgeous mess.

"Oh my I'm so stupid I completely forgot about the dangers it may bring," she trotted into the kitchen leisurely and grabbed all the food, preferably meat, from her cupboards into 3 large buckets.

"Apologies, let us make haste," Shadow carried both of them in her mouth and walked out as fast as she could with the heavy weights.

"How many?" Cocoon asked looking up at Rhenn.

"Hm..." Was all Zed could say in response to all the commotion. Now he was fully awake, feeling just as relaxed as he did after Zecora gave him the medicine the day before. He stretched a bit, looking a bit cocky. As if the timberwolves heading towards them were no big deal. "Eight of them, hm?" He said, walking out of the door. "Hang on... I want to see this."

Rhenn hovered down beside Shield "I haven't no clue myself, but th' kid seems pretty certain 'e can do whatever it is 'e's tryin' t' accompl'sh." Lowering his voice, he decided to speak in echo "Best we keep 'im close; I ain't plannin' on goin' home t' report that I let an 'angel' get himself kill'd."

Lurching forward with a flap of his wings, Rhenn kept near Zed "Timberwolves ain't someth'n t' sightsee, they're vicious machines 'f hunting exc'llence." he attempted to persuade Zed against going and 'seeing' them. He almost also made a remark about how they were almost as vicious as changelings in large packs, but decided to hold that off.

Cute kid. Ment'lly nuts, but cute. He'll be seein' more than th' outside of them wolves if he insists tho'.

"i know but i want to see what the kid can do" Shield stated "so only help if his life becomes in danger"

"cocky gets yourself killed, unless you can carry what you say" shield muttered under his breath

"We'll see." Zed replied. He took a deep breath as he stepped outside, peering into the forest that seemed rather dark despite it being morning. He stood and waited for a few moments, listening carefully. Eventually, he heard a howl that seemed rather close, followed by the rustling of bushes. Soon enough, he watched as one timberwolf lumbered out of the shadows, glaring right at him. "Huh..." Was all Zed could say in response to the sight. Obviously, he had never seen anything like it. He backed up a step when seven more appeared, all of them growling at him, staring with hungry eyes. "All right..." He said, his heart racing. He slowly walked toward one of the timberwolves, outstretching his hand. He stopped for a moment when the wooden thing snarled at him, and his green eyes began to glow beneath his glasses. "Easy, there..." He said softly, smiling in satisfaction as the timberwolf stopped snarling and sat down, tilting it's head curiously at him. "There we go... It's okay..." He said, and gently laid his hand on the timberwolf's head, slowly petting it. The timberwolf nuzzled his hand in response.

Shadow's eyes widened, he, this mysterious stranger, tamed the wildest Timberwolves of the Everfree.

"My oh my! You really are quite something aren't you?" She smiled as she then slowly repacked up the buckets of food and slowly approached the Timberwolves.

Placing the buckets by Zed, which was full of meat , she took by Zed in confusion and awe.

Shield quickly started to wonder what and where the meat came from but i figured he didnt want to know. so instead he turned to Ryenn and ordered him to go wait at ponieville and make sure that ponies knew not to get too close to zed, who knows what stupid questions they'll bombard him with.

"There there..." He said, gently petting the strange wooden creature, who looked back up at him with curious, yet loyal eyes. He looked back at Shadow as she approached, obviously caught completely off gaurd by what he just did. "It's... a gift. One of the perks to being an angel. To be honest, I didn't think I still had it. I thought that I had lost my abilities when I was banished hear, but... I guess I was wrong... Go ahead and pet one, they won't hurt you." He said, reaching into one of the buckets and holding it out to the timberwolf, who happily accepted it.

"so you didnt know it would work but you still walked up to it like you owned the place?"shield asked in response shaking his head

"wow you got guts kid."

Shadow jumped at Discord again. "I'll die of a heart attack before we finish this mission," she turned away and walked inside before looking at the mirror and her body changing to a Dark Pink coat and a black mane. Gorgeously styled. Her wings were gone and her horn in a normal unicorn state.

Shadow stepped outwards with her re-filled saddel bags before looking at Zed again, she pulled do it a tape measure and quickly measures him. Silently she returned indoors. Sewing quickly a cloak with some sort and an added fake dragon tail poking out the end she smiled.

"Ren, you're only going to walk through Ponyville with this, it has an attached dragon tail and a black cloak to cover up the rest of your body, any pony have a better idea?" Shadow challenged everyone else as she looked at her colleagues.

"um how about what i just did" he said flatly

*sigh*  "but i guess this will help even more" he admitted as he grabbed his things

"so are we heading out?"

"maybe it all the poping out of nowhere you do shield" said flatly as he passed the two of them

" and zed don't bother choosing one of them probably involves turning you into a toad or something, plus we're fine we need to get out of the forest and back to ponieville" he told zed as he passed him as well and headed onto the path that led out of the everfree

Archived