[Mule] Buckwheat

Name: Well, mah name is Jonathan Buckley Wheat, but you can call me Buckwheat. Ah don't usually go by mah full name. Ma only uses my full name if'n Ah get in trouble.

Sex: Ah'm a colt, if'n you need to know.

Species: Mah Pa is a donkey, and mah Ma a pony, so that'd make me a mule. Ah guess you could say that Ah'm a half-breed...everyone else at school certainly likes to remind me o' that fact.

Pelt Color: Ah'm the same colour as the wheat in the fields...yup.

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Mah mane and tail? Sorta a wheat blonde, Ah guess. Mah mane is rather long, and it hangs down in mah eyes, but Ah like that. Pa has a mane like that, and Ah want to be just like 'im when Ah grow up!

Eye Color: Mah Ma says mah eyes are 'as blue as the ocean'.

Cutie Mark: Ah don't have one of those. Ah'm a mule, not a pony, so yeah...Ah feel sorta left out.

Physique: Ah'm pretty built for mah age, at least, that's what Pa says. He calls me 'is 'little Hercules'. Ah'm not sure who Hercules is, but Ah reckon he's a strong pony.

Origin: Ah live on the Wheat family farm, just outside o' Manehattan. This 'ere is where Ah was born.

Roleplay Type: Ah'd like to play in that there 'Mane' area you talk about.

Occupation: Ah'm a farmer, just like Pa! O' course Ah'm not strong enough yet to do much farmin'. But Ah still do what Ah can!

Motivation: Ah want to grow up and take care o' the farm, just like Pa! Ah guess by now you understand how much he means to me. He's the best father ever!

Likes: Ah love the smell of fresh whole wheat bread...and the taste too! Ah like when ponies don't judge me because Ah'm a mule. Ah also like to learn, believe it or not. Ah'm determined to do mah best in school, Ah wanna make my parents proud! Not that they ain't proud of me now, o' course.

Dislikes: Ah really don't like it when others make fun o' the fact that Ah'm a mule. Yeah, so what? Ah've accepted who Ah am, and Ah wish they'd grow up and do the same!!...Sorry, didn't mean to yell, Ah just get a lil' upset when Ah think about their teasing.

Character Summary: So, you wanna know about me, eh? Well, Ah guess it'd be good to start with mah parents, because, well, without them Ah wouldn't be, right? So, mah Ma, 'er name is Gaberdine Stitch. She's an earth pony, and a seamstress by trade. Mah Pa, Durum Wheat, is a donkey, and the current head o' the Wheat Family farm. How did a pony and a donkey get together? *chuckle* Ah guess love works in mysterious ways, or so Ma says. Ma told me that she met mah Pa when she was visiting Manehattan with friends. While she was 'ere, she went for a walk outside o' the city. She passed by the farm, and mah Pa and 'er 'locked eyes'. They said somethin' about 'love at first sight', which Ah just don't understand. Ah guess Ah'll understand this sorta stuff when Ah'm older. So, anyhow, to make a long story short, they got hitched, and a short time later Ah was born.

Well, now that Ah got that bit outta the way, back to me. Ah go to school during the week, and on the weekends Ah do what Ah can to help out around the farm. Ma taught me how to sew, which is no mean feat for a pony, let alone a mule! Ah often mend the sacks we use to hold the ground grain. Sometimes Ah help Ma in the kitchen and around the house, either with bakin' or cleanin' or stuff like that. Once a week Ah go to the library and check out another book to read...Ma and Pa think that's mighty fine, and they often ask me to read aloud to them while they work.

Ah don't really have many friends, mahself. It's unbelievable how many ponies make fun o' me for being a mule. Ah just don't get it. Ah know Ah'm different, but so are they! Most ponies mah age don't have all that much to do with me, so Ah often make pals with mah parents friends. They seem to like me well enough. Pa says that if'n you look for friends, you're sure to find 'em. And Ah agree. Just takes a little effort, that's all. So...would ya like to be mah friend?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...