RED vs BLU (TF2 crossover, OPEN!)

Monochrome

Rock smiled seeing's pyro's name sake in action but suddenly 

CLAP ... CLAP ... CLAP

R was behind them doing a very slow somewhat intimidating clap, he walked along and pulled out his cigarette case like he was about to light up but then vanished!

Suddenly a weird looking cowgirl pony with a hard hat appeared mid range "SUCK IT BLUES!" she said as she made a rude gesture before disappearing again into thin air

R appeared again right next to a target and slashed it with his knife before pulling out his revolver and hitting 3 bulleses in a very small tight group from about 30 feet away

R blew away the smoke and walked towards the group like nothing happened, stone faced "weaponry insufficient ... will really on ....deception"

Rock shook his head and said "well at least you can defend yourself." R stood still when he reached the group silently watching

Rock sighed and looked to Blast Zone and Justice "all right lets see if you can Match your father, do you know how to use your weapons" he said looking particularly at Blast zone, she seemed timid and if any wound would of needed his help it would of been her

across the base Scone had upgraded her turret to max

"whoo-we look at this puppy here! dual mini-gun, twin rocket launcher and at least 3 feet of armor too bad I'm going to have to demolish it once we gone some ground .. well; any way that good to know about yawl as you can see I'm an engineer and profesional redneck, uhhh I'm related to Appljack, yup THE applejack she's my older cousin and I am so proud of her. but me I'm more of a simple girl ... like to stay home and drink sweet tea and take care of the farm. uhh ... just finished my engineering degree ...uh go on adventures sometimes" she said shurging not knowing what else to say about herself

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mech gave a slight nod.

"Time to begin, zhen." he said, picking up his scalpel.

He made the first incision and opened it up, just as with the last ones. He removed the parts of the ribcage that would be an obstacle to the procedure, then moved on to the heart. Flux was much smaller than his last two patients, and their hearts had both exploded, so he decided against trying to use this one. He made his way over to the fridge, taking out one of the tougher hearts and setting Flux's on its dish. The spy head glared as usual, but offered no remarks this time. Mech closed the fridge and continued his work. While he was attaching the heart to the battery, Mech heard the cooing of the birds; he had grown used to the sound, as it was a constant companion in the bird-filled infirmary, but this coo sounded particularly close. Mech glanced behind him to make sure it wasn't one of the birds trying to nest in his patient's chest cavity again, and found that a bird had nestled itself on his back.

"Oh, hello Icarus." he said to it.

(Meanwhile)

Blast Zone looked up at Rock as he addressed her and Justice, asking if they knew how to use their weapons.

"Not exactly, yet." Blast replied. "But, if all elssse failsss, I have a little magic ability I can ussse too... Sssometimes it happensss asss a sssort of defenssse mechanisssm, but I prefer to sssave doing it on purpossse for emergenciesss."

------------------------------------

Spectrum grinned.

"Cool. I'm sure working with you guys will be great!" she said.

Soon, the sound of bouncy hoofsteps was heard from the hall, and Pyro appeared in the doorway wearing an apron. He announced that the pancakes were ready, and asked everyone to come to the dining room. Even those who couldn't understand Pyro could guess that he had finished cooking dinner, but they did have to follow Scone to get where they needed to go. Pyro had already stopped at the infirmary on the way to the locker room to gather the others, so there was no delay in reaching the dining room. He had set out a plate of pancakes for everyone, including himself - they looked delicious, aside from the few burnt ones.

Flux watched in fascination as her heart was removed and another was taken out, this one larger than her other one. She wondered if that would be a problem, but she put that out of her mind, figuring Mech knew what he was doing. She hummed to herself softly as she lay on the table, waiting for Mech to do his thing.

"Hmm... A little, I guess." Justice said, looking at the weapons he had found in his room. A shotgun and a pistol, it looked like... He shrugged to himself, floating out the shotgun and taking aim. He fired at the targets, with limited success. He sighed a bit after that.

"Sorry, I'm not very good with this, I'm better with machines." He said, Pyro putting a hoof on his back gently.

-----------

Tehengu looked over as the pyro came back and, probably, told them the pancakes were ready. The griffon looked at the others for a moment before heading out, following the pyro into the dining room. He found all the others there, including the medic and that changeling. Well, things seemed to have gone well, assuming he had already had the procedure done. He took a seat at the table, beginning to eat the pancakes in front of him.

Rock watched and looked to pyro to see if he could help coach his son with weapons better, but first he went to Blast

He kneeled down and looked at her weapons and though for a second before saying

“ahhh o.k. I’m not an explosive guy or e.o.d or anything! But I work with some grenade launchers before and that’s what this one is” he said lifting her grenade launcher “but I can’t tell exactly what model this is; in theory they all work the same here!” he got behind her wrapping body around hers gently molding her in the proper position to fire.

“O.K stand like this, steady feet about shoulder with apart; pretend like your playing with your friends and one of them is going to come over and tackle you- you should be prepared to take a blow. NOW keep your shooting hand bent like this! Finger always off the trigger till you are ready to shoot, other hand keeps it steady like this” after a few more ways of showing her how to shoot. He then began to go in to details.

Showing her how to arc shots “At about 15 feet the grenade will start to drop so for every foot after that; you need to raise the barrel” POOOMP He fired one and watched where it landed “half an inch up for every 5 feet” he said after calculating the distances

after that he showed her how to reload and handle the grenades. And after a rather long lesson on the safety he finished

Rock was actually a very good teacher, teaching was one of his hidden talents and while he was better with bullets he was an expert with all guns. He would giving her a very hands on approach and slow down where she needed it

“aaaand that’s all I know! You need to figure out the rest yourself and master your weapon, you need to practice and be creative on how you use it, soon you will be expert and know more than me! In fact most of what I teach you apply to all firearms! ….” He looked down at her other weapon 

“huhh this one is uhhhh” he said picking it up scratching his head. He opened up the magazine to see large spiky balls “what the …” he said poking one with his finger, “well only one way to learn about your gun” he pointed it down range and fired! The ball shot out but stuck to the wall a little blue blob against the steel. Rock shrugged “I teach you all I know, your guess is as good as mine” he said handing it to her “hey what’s that button do?” he said pointing to a button in the weird guns grip”s

R on the other hand disappeared. He snuck his way to the sniper walkway where he could be alone and practice with his disguises

Scone walked down the hall way taking off her engineer’s apron and sitting down crossing her legs, “mmmhm I could eat flap jacks all day … just don’t ask how flamo gets the batter. SO I be ya’ll have lots of questions .. and iv’s been in a few of these before so … if you have anything I can answer I would love to help” she said taking a few pancakes for herself

Mech worked calmly, and seemed to be perfectly happy with the job he was given. He quietly sang a little piece of a song every now and then, but Flux couldn't understand the words. A few more minuted of work and he was finished - another success, the heart pulsed with power and glowed a translucent blue. He proudly held it in his hooves as he stood over Flux.

"Hold open your ribcage a bit, bitte... Zhis heart is zhe slightest bit bigger, so I need zhe opening a bit vider to put it in its place." he said.

(Meanwhile)

Blast listened intently, focusing as Rock showed her how to use her first weapon, a grenade launcher. He then looked at her next weapon with confusion; having a look at it herself, Blast found that what this weapon fired appeared to match the insignia on her shirt. She looked at the button for a moment after Rock mentioned it, unsure of what it would do. 

"Well, like you sssaid, there's one way to find out." Blast said, holding the weapon in her hooves and pressing the button.

Immediately, the strange little spike ball on the wall exploded. For such a seemingly timid and easily startled mare, Blast seemed strangely unaffected by the sudden loud sound of the explosion. She turned to Rock and smiled.

"That'sss what it does." she said cheerfully. 

She thought for a moment - whoever had brought her here must've really done their homework, judging by their choice of job for her. 

((I'm going to be filling in the BLU soldier spot in my next post so we can finally get into battle. :razz: ))

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pyro skipped over to his place at the table, right next to Scone. Spectrum glanced over at him, genuinely curious if Pyro would take his mask off to eat, but was disappointed as he simply twisted off the side air filter of his mask like a bottle cap and poked his bites of pancake through there.

"Hey, Scone, you seem to know this guy pretty well... What's his deal with that mask?" Spectrum said through a mouthful of pancake, nodding towards Pyro as she mentioned him.

Flux continued humming to herself as she waited, the tune unconsciously morphing into the one Mech was singing. She stopped as he came back over, however, giving an 'ooh' noise as she saw the glowing heart.

"Okie dokie!" She chirped happily, holding her ribcage open a bit to allow Mech to put the larger heart in her chest.

Pyro, meanwhile, was busy trying to teach his son to shoot with a bit more accuracy, with mixed results. Pyro wasn't that great with guns either, being a much better shot with his magic than with any gun. Still, he did his best, and his son seemed to be getting better at aiming.

---------

Zarud listened in silence to the conversations going on around him, unsure how to feel about the surgery he had endured just before eating pancakes. He had to wonder what that battery was for and why they needed this in the first place. When the pyro's mask was brought up, he looked over, curious as well as to why he was wearing it.

Scone swallowed her flapjack and thought about it for a second “uhhhh  ummm well Sug I’m just going to flat out say it …. We don’t talk about pyro’s mask and whats underneath it” Scone nodded slightly like she had just spoken the law that everyone should know and obey; and there was nothing more to it!

“sug would you mind passing me the butter?” she asked politely as she cut another pancake to a bite sized piece

meanwhile

Rock covered his ears at the sudden explosion  and looked down to Blast to see her content

“AHAHAHAH IS VERY GOOD.” He said patting her on the back “always remember the mind is the greatest weapon of all you can do some clever things with that, you just need to think” he said gently poking her skull touching her for the first time

R watched as the father and son practiced- he walked forward and suddenly Rock came up behind them

“hmmm o.k so we don’t have lots of time to train what else can you do well to help our team?” he said pointing to the tool box on the floor next to Justice

((Haha, augercorn, that wasn't the first time Rock had touched Blast... In your post before that: "he got behind her wrapping body around hers gently molding her in the proper position to fire." Just a little thing, no big deal, but I thought I would mention it. :P ))

Mech placed the heart in Flux's chest, then switched the medigun to the regeneration setting, reforming and sealing up her flesh.

"Zhere." Mech said. "I just need a little blood sample so zhe engineer can set you up vizh respawn, zhen you vill be all finished."

He selected a clean syringe, taking the sample he needed, then set it next to the samples from the others. He would hand them over to the engineer once he had one from everyone on the team.

"Zhere, done." he said with a nod, heading towards the waiting room door.

(Meanwhile)

Blast grinned, blushing slightly.

"Thanks!" she said.

She could get used to this, she supposed - she may have been tossed into a war out of the blue, but her teammates seemed pretty friendly and she was working with something she was familiar with... She nodded slightly at her own thoughts, then watched as Rock walked over to Pyro and Justice. Blast looked in her saddlebag again, in case she had missed something; she found no other real weapons, but there were a couple of empty cider bottles that she supposed could be used as weapons if necessary. 

(Meanwhile, somewhere else in the base)

((Incoming BLU soldier! Here's what he looks like (the blue llama): http://lobsterpolice.deviantart.com/art/Sheep-Lama-Adopt-CLOSED-455902268))

A llama walked through the halls of the base, searching for those who would apparently be his teammates. According to the note he had found in the room with his name on it, he had been assigned to keeping a bunch of rookies in line and was in charge of the training schedule for some kind of war. He had already dressed in the uniform he was provided: a slightly oversized dark blue-grey helmet and a blue coat, as well as a saddlebag and some grenades that dangled from a sash over his chest. The llama considered himself a leader, but he had never been in a situation quite like this before, so he hoped his team wouldn't be too difficult to deal with. He soon heard the sounds of a few gunshots and a couple of explosions; grinning, he followed the noise and soon found himself walking into a room with a few bullseyes painted on the wall and some ponies apparently getting used to their weapons.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh... Well, uh, okay, if you say so." Spectrum said.

She tried to act like that answer was enough, but it had really only peaked her curiosity about the matter. What could possibly be up if it was so bad nobody on the team was supposed to talk about it?

Spectrum slid the butter dish over to Scone, then glanced at Pyro again; he was happily eating his pancakes, shoving bite after bite through the hole in his mask.

((Turns out we can't get into battle quite yet... Shadowbolt0 decided he couldn't stay caught up and left the rp. I'll have a look around for somebody to fill his places.))

Flux watched in fascination as the hole in her chest closed up, her body regenerating under the effects of the beam. That was cool! She smiled widely at Mech as she got off the table, heading out of the room with him to find another empty waiting room.

"Time to go find them again!" She cried, bouncing out the door and following the sounds of explosions and gunshots. When she entered the room, her eyes fell on the newcomer, a llama, and she immediately rushed over to him. "Ooooh! A llama! My name's Flux! What's yours?" She asked, smiling widely at him.

Justice looked at Rock as he came over and asked what else he could do. He looked down at the toolbox before taking out one of the blueprints, and setting up a sentry rather quickly. He then smiled at Rock and his dad, happy that he could be some use to what was going on here.

-----------

Zarud blinked a bit at the response, it being not quite what he had been expecting. Though he supposed anyone that would wear a mask constantly either couldn't remove it or wouldn't want to in the company of others. That much made sense to him, at least, though the choice of a mask that completely limits communication seemed very strange. Still, he let the matter be, going back to the pancakes in front of him.

Rock nodded as the turret got set up “AHAHAH IS GOOD DAY TO BE SMART STALLION!” but then he nodded and quickly walked to the back room

Rock went down to the locker room to fetch justice some more shotgun rounds he had some for himself but of course that was his, he had a smile on his face as he walked up the steps and then he saw a strange sight-himself! It was like looking into a mirror! He dropped the box of shells and in an instant the doppelganger transformed into R

Rock had slipped off to get some ammo in between coaching blast zone and it was R disguised as Rock who suggested Justice try something else. Rock starred at R dead eyed before lunging forward wrapping his hoof around his throat and jumping back into the locker room, once he was inside he slammed R’s head into the wall with a loud

BANG

“IF YOU EVER MIMIC ME AGAIN I DON’T CARE WHY OR HOW LONG I KILL YOU HERE AND NOW! DON’T EVER BUCKING DO THAT AGAIN!”

he threw R into the wall but R quickly caught his balance and with one hand opened the nearby supply locker taking a small thing of health pills he said

“they trust … you …training is …important.”

Rock stopped and took a deep breath and pointed his finger at R calming down a bit “they trust me because I not sneaky jerk like you, besides we have plenty of time!”

R walked out of the room “how …long?”  R disappeared and Rock went back up to the steps he picked up the box of shells and looked in curiosity as he came up to Justice’s turret

“huuuuuh,  I bet we can get good use out of this” he said a little exhausted.

meanwhile

BANG

Scone swallowed her pancake and looked behind her “ya’ll hear that?” she shrugged and took another bite.  “mmm so anyway just think of pyro as a big ole doggy, it’ll be friendly if your friendly with it, just give it the space and don’t stick your fingers in it’s mouth.  Otherwise it will be a good friend to you" she said reciting her honest truthfull opinion, "just think of it as a your neighbors dog ..with a flamethrower tacked to its head"

Mech followed behind Flux, but at a far slower pace. He gave a nod of acknowledgement to the blue-wooled llama, and gave a nearly inaudible chuckle at seeing R tackled by Rock (his face expressing how he thought R kind of deserved it), then looked around the room to select his next patient. Deciding on Blast, he walked over to her, then led her to the infirmary. Blast followed him, unsure but trusting the doctor.

"I am Blue Skies, filling the rank of soldier! State your rank, cadet!" the llama said, his voice gruff and somewhat loud.

Before he got his answer, however, two stallions tumbled into the room, apparently in a very one-sided fight. Blue Skies groaned and put his hoof to his forehead for a moment, grumbling something to himself, but before he could bark something at them one threw the other into a wall, and with that the fight appeared to be over.

(Meanwhile)

Mech prepared Blast for the surgery, and began as quickly as possible, starting with the injection as usual. Once he had made sure Blast was numb, he started working. Blast, having no idea what Mech was about to do, was very worried; as soon as Mech approached with a scalpel, she covered her eyes with her hooves like a frightened foal.

"Do not be so afraid, fräulein." Mech said softly, gently removing Blast's hooves from her face. "Don't you trust me?"

Blast was still nervous, but managed to keep herself still while Mech got to work. She still kept her eyes closed, but peeked at what was going on every now and then... She shut her eyes again especially quickly when she saw Mech lifting her heart out of her chest. The next time she looked, she was shocked by what she saw - a bird was apparently trying to bathe itself in her chest cavity. She lost it this time, her horn releasing showers of white sparks and her mouth emitting a low hiss. The birds managed to fly away in time as the mare literally exploded, but Mech was not so lucky. He screamed as he was thrown against the wall by the blast, certainly loud enough that his teammates would hear him if they weren't already coming the see the source of the tremendous noise. Blast laid still on the operation table, her eyes squeezed shut. With her chest still open, she couldn't run, although she wanted to. She was terribly ashamed of this problem of hers, and absolutely hated it when she accidentally hurt anyone, especially somebody who meant no harm and was, in fact, a friend. Blast silently cursed her defense mechanism and hoped Mech was okay as she laid on the table, unable to do anything to help or even get up to check on Mech. She waited for their teammates to arrive.

-----------------------------

Spectrum looked around for any possible source of the noise they had heard, then gave a little shrug when she found none. She turned back to Scone as she began speaking again.

"Uh... Alright, noted." Spectrum said, chuckling slightly at Scone's description of Pyro.

She looked over at Pyro again, who had apparently wolfed down all the rest of his pancakes and was now screwing the air filter back onto his mask.

Flux tilted her head at the llama's response, though he had said his name, so she supposed that was good. She opened her mouth to respond when Rock and R came in, fighting each other. She frowned at that, not liking seeing her friends fight. Thankfully, it didn't last long, though the way it ended left something to be desired.

"Nice to meet you, Blue! I'm the scout!" She chirped, turning back to the llama.

Justice had dismantled the sentry after Rock had returned with R, and had just finished when he heard the explosion coming from the infirmary. Pyro ran off immediately, with Justice not far behind. Flux overtook them before they got there though, and ended up being the first one on the scene. She entered the room, looking around with a frown before her eyes fell on Mech.

"Mechy? Are you alright?" She asked, approaching him slowly. Soon enough, Pyro came in as well, looking around and focusing on Blast. 

"What happened in here? Why do you seem to be the only one unaffected by the blast?" He asked her, walking up to the table.

--------------

Flora gave a giggle as the pyro was described as a puppy. The mental image of a puppy in a gas mask was funny to her, and the giggle slipped out before she could stop it. She put her hoof over her mouth after a second, looking over to the masked pony.

"Oh, s-sorry, I didn't m-mean to laugh at you..." She apologized to him.

Rock heard the explosion and ran off with Justice and Pyro lugging his mini gun slowed him down; and justice and pyro just seemed faster than him

When he got there he was in utter surprise and a little disgusted. Having not seen how the procedure works before  he saw the poor girl propped up with her heart ripped out her chest and the doctor blasted across the room,

Rock went over and picked up the doctor shaking him gently

“Doctor what happened here?” suddenly he was hit by a bit of the healing beam

R appeared out of nowhere and redirected the beam over to the doctor for a minute then back to blast “remain calm.” He said as he jumped down and helped Rock with Mech

Across the base

Scone finished her meal “well flamey I think you just about done outdid yourself this time, those were the best darn flapjacks I ever had. She scooped up her plate and said “well ill help you with the dishes if it keeps me from cooking next time” then she heard Flora laugh, Scone winched not sure what pyro would do next

Mech looked around, dazed as his teammates rushed in. Rock picked him up and asked him what had happened. Mech thought his hardest, not entirely sure himself about what had just happened to him. Before he answered, he suddenly felt a strange but good sensation and, looking over, he found that it was R redirecting the medigun towards him for a moment. Mech sighed slightly as his pain immediately disappeared, then began to speak.

"Danke... I'm not quite sure myself. I vas moving along vizh zhe procedure as normal, but vonce I turned around to vork on zhe heart, I heard a little hiss, and zhen, vell, I zhink you can guess vhat happened next." he said, frowning slightly. "Most peculiar."

Meanwhile, Blast gave her explanation to Pyro, though it came out a little choppy through her embarrassment.

"B-bird... In my chessst... Defenssse mechanisssm..." she said, sounding on the verge of crying. "Sssorry!"

Blue walked in, and looked around at the mess. He lifted his helmet slightly to scratch his head with his hoof.

"Oh, uh, so no combat? No enemy spies? Aw..." Blue said as he listened to Blast's explanation, sounding a bit disappointed.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Pyro stared at Flora for a moment, but then giggled as well and waved the matter off. He balanced his empty plate on his head and took it to the kitchen, Scone alongside him. He giggled and gave a muffled thanks when Scone complimented his cooking.

Pyro frowned slightly as the mare told him what had happened, though it didn't really tell him that much. Either way, it seemed the blast came from her, though she hadn't done it on purpose. He gave a hum, looking over at Mech. Well, it seemed they were all unharmed, or at least that the medic had been healed with no real side-effects.

"It's alright, it doesn't look like you've hurt anyone, so just be more careful next time, alright?" He said gently, knowing all too well what it was like to lose control of your powers and hurt someone. He then turned back to Mech. "You probably shouldn't let birds fly free in an operating room. In fact, they probably shouldn't be in here at all. I know you probably didn't put them in here, but I'm just saying you should probably take them out before they cause any more problems."

----

Flora breathed a small sigh of relief as the pyro waved off her laughter, giving him a small smile as he headed off to clean his plate. She silently went back to eating her food. The next one to finish was the griffon, who took his plate into the kitchen as well, soon followed by the changeling.

R stared at Blast “impressive …. most self …. Explosive …also kill .. the user. …. Your special” he said as he opserved her insides,

Rock was satisfied at Pyro’s words glad he had another pony he could trust to lead aand help take care of the team. He would of said more but figuredit would only stress poor little Blast out more. He gently shook Mech and said “well Doctor lets uhhh finish your procudure yes?” he said hoping to get things back on track. Pretty much everything to Rock was confusing, but he figured he better get used to it. And took a step back literally giving everyone space.

Across the base Scone picked up some plates and brought them to the kitchenett and began cleaning “well now; think we might win thith these new fellas?” she asked the pyro.

Scone had little stakes in these games so long as she survived, she had been in a few now and while it was low she felt like he wanted to win this time! If even just to say she won and all the time she spent practicing wasn’t for nothing

"Oh, vell, I zhink I saw some cages for mein little freunds to stay in around here somevhere... You're right, I didn't bring zhem in, but zhey vill keep me company." Mech replied to Pyro, glancing up at the perching birds around them, who now seemed to be keeping their distance from Blast. "Hehe, ah, yes." he added as Rock mentioned continuing the procedure.

He took a moment to dust himself off a bit and smooth his ruffled silver mane with his hoof.

"A-alright..." Blast said with a slight sigh in response to what Pyro had said to her. 

She glanced up at her horn and frowned a bit, until R spoke to her.

"Oh, uh, thanksss... I've been able to do thisss for a long time. I can explain how it worksss a bit more later, if you'd like." she replied softly, slightly uncomfortable that her organs were on display and R appeared to be having a look at them, but showing no sign of it as she gave an apologetic little smile.

Blue gave a brisk little nod as the situation was explained, then chuckled slightly.

"The mare explodes?" he said in his usual unnecessarily loud voice. "I think I'll like working with this team after all! Just, uh, try to keep that under control, missy."

"Alright, you can all go back to vhat you vere doing now. I'll be out soon enough to bring in zhe next patient." Mech said, his ears still ringing a little from the explosion as he tidied up his workspace and got back to work.

He frowned at the heart, which was now riddled with little shards of broken glass. He tossed it aside with a slight groan, heading over to the fridge, which the explosion had knocked slightly ajar. Before Mech opened the fridge door fully, he could hear snorting laughter coming from inside. The spy head immediately stopped laughing when Mech opened the door.

"Oh, you're alive and unharmed? Pity." it said, scowling.

"Oh, do shut up." Mech retorted, grabbing the replacement heart he needed and kicking the fridge door closed behind him before walking back the the operation table.

The rest of the procedure went according to plan, and soon Blast was finished. Mech silently offered his hoof to help her up, which she took.

"No hard feelingsss?" she said softly as they left the infirmary.

"Nein." Mech replied bluntly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pyro helped with the dishes, humming a little tune as he stood beside Scone. He seemed to take a brief moment to think when Scone asked if he thought they might win with their new team members, but then he nodded enthusiastically and gave a muffled "Uh-huh!"

He was quiet for a moment, then spoke again, saying something that to Scone sounded like "Gonna miss the last ones though. I hope they're doing well wherever they went off to."

Meanwhile, Spectrum finished off her pancakes, licking the last bit of syrup off of her plate before taking it to the kitchen.

"Nice work Mumbles, dinner was pretty great." she remarked as she dropped her plate with the other dirty dishes.

Pyro gave Blast a gentle smile, patting her shoulder gently before heading out of the room with the others so that Mech could get back to work. He hated having abilities he couldn't control properly, so he knew exactly what she was going through.

"So, what now? Should we just keep training?" He asked the group at large, looking around at them.

--------

Once Flora had finished her food, she carried the plate into the kitchen in silence, setting it with the others. She kind of shuffled her hooves for a couple seconds after that, then finally spoke up.

"S-sorry again f-for laughing..." She said quietly, looking at the pyro. She wasn't sure what else to do, as she had done the procedure on everyone but herself, and that would be difficult in and of itself. She would probably need to get someone else to do it, but she wasn't sure who.

Rock looked around for R but to no avail, he shook his head and said “YES! Practice makes perfect! The better we can use our weapons, and work to gather the greater our chances for survival! Now” he said tossing radio’s to everyone, every body practice on a bullseye for a minute then I will come up with a good training exercise for us o.k!”

Across the base

Scone dried off the dishes, and nodded “mmmhm I hope your right.” then Flora came by

“hey sug, you allright? Whats the matter?” scone asked picking up on her worry

"Hey! The job description on the sticky note in my room says I'm in charge of training around here, buster." Blue barked, hearing Rock instructing the others.

Blue seemed to take a moment to think, scratching his head a bit. A few moments later, it seemed he had come up with nothing better, or even something to add.

"Eh... Carry on, what he said." Blue said with a slight shrug.

He began digging through his saddlebags; between the two he found a rocket launcher, a shotgun, a collapsible shovel, and, for some reason, a loaf of bread. He grinned, laughing a bit as he pulled the rocket launcher out of his bag.

"Hehehe, now that's more like it!" he said, resting it on his shoulder as he positioned himself in front of one of the bullseyes for some target practice.

The weapon bucked forcefully as Blue fired it, but he managed to stand his ground and watched with a smirk as the rocket connected with its target and sent shrapnel flying as it exploded.

"Blammo!" Blue exclaimed enthusiastically.

Meanwhile, Mech and Blast soon arrived back where the others were training. Blast quietly rejoined the group, while Mech sought out his next patient.

"Let's see..." he murmured to himself, mentally noting which teammates he had already finished with. "Ah, herr Heavy!" he finally called, waving for Rock to follow him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pyro gave a quick thanks to Spectrum, then looked over at Flora, who seemed a bit worried.

"Mmph hudda hudda." Pyro said warmly. (Translation: It's not a problem.)

He noticed she still seemed uncomfortable. He paused his dish-washing and walked over to her, giving her a hug.

"Mph? Mmph huh mmph mph!" he laughed after he had let go. (Translation: See? We're all friends here!)

Pyro gave a hum and nodded, heading back to the training range with the others, continuing to practice with his weapons while the others did the same. Honestly, all he really planned on using was the sword and his magic, so he practiced with those, even though that was all he really used normally anyways, so he already knew how to use them.

Flux was zipping around the room, whacking targets with her bat and pretending to fire her shotgun, not wanting to use up the ammo available. She gave a friendly wave to Blast when she came back, and another to Rock as he was called to be next for the procedure.

-----------

Flora had no idea what he was saying, but at least the pyro didn't seem mad at all, so that was good. She gave a little squeak as she was hugged by the stallion, and awkwardly returned it, patting his back gently.

"Y-yeah... Umm... I'm n-not sure what y-you said, b-but I'll take this as you f-forgiving me, so thank you." She said, smiling gently at him.

Rock looked as the camel yelled at him then retracted what he said. He didn’t see the camel introduce himself or know anything about him

“…..” rock looked confused and a tad angry “WHO ARE YOU?” he shouted but then he shook his head and walked off with mech “uhh o.k doctor so what exactly are we doing?”

R watched over the group silent and unseen

Meanwhile scone let out a little “aww now aint that sweet! Yeah pyro can be a real softie sometimes but uhhhh. ….. you better be thankful your on his team ….. don’t even like the smell of burning bacon any more because of him … or her.” Scone shook her head. just thinking about the …smells he made with the opposite team made her  bit queasy. It made her thankful most of the time she was on defense while he or she was on offense

((Blue is a llama, not a camel. XD ))

"Vell, I'm modifying your heart." Mech said. "It's simple enough, and you von't feel a zhing."

Mech and Rock entered the infirmary, Mech simply pointing to the operation table as he prepared to begin.

"Zhe llama seems to be... Quite a character." he remarked as he prepared a syringe of the numbing medicine. "I'm not entirely sure vhy zhey vould put him in charge of anyzhing, really, from vhat I've seen from him so far... In fact, from vhat I have observed so far, it seems you vould be zhe most capable leader, herr Heavy."

-----------------------------------------------------

Spectrum hung in the doorway, casually crossing her legs as she listened to the conversation. She cast a somewhat nervous glance at the Pyro when Scone mentioned how they were lucky they weren't on the team opposite Pyro and that she couldn't even stand the smell of burning bacon because of him. Understanding what Scone was implying, Spectrum felt a chill race down her spine. She glanced from Pyro to Scone, deep in thought.

"How do you think he deals with it?" Spectrum remarked in an uncharacteristically soft and thoughtful voice. "You'd think he wouldn't be so happy-go-lucky after, uh... Doing that to ponies for who knows how long."

Pyro looked at Spectrum for a moment, tilting his head as if he was confused about what she meant, but soon went back to finishing cleaning the dishes.

Flora was somewhat relieved as the hug ended, looking over as Scone began talking about how they were lucky to be on the same side as the pyro. She shivered a bit in fear, trying to make herself smaller by hiding behind her mane and scrunching up a bit. She didn't like the image that description had evoked in her mind, and it made her afraid of the strange pony.

(Don't know what to do with the others right now, sorry for the short post.)

Archived