RED vs BLU (TF2 crossover, OPEN!)

Monochrome

Rock laid on the table taking a deep breath “300 pounds; that’s how much I weight” he said softly knowing weight took a big part in how much medicine was needed to affect someone. He thought deeply at what the good doctor said and nodded a bit.

“I … I try to help; iv’e been in fights before … lead small troops in combat I … I just don’t want anyone to get hurt.” He said trying to explain his actions. Rock really didn’t know how to feel abut being the leader he had never been in charge of anything a more than small strike teams as he said before. He sighed again

“thank you doctor; your confidence means a lots to me. … will you help me take care of them?” he said genuinely.

Rock figured Mech and Pyro were his best bets for seconds in command Pyro having a fatherly attitude and combat experience. Mech being clearly very intelligent would make a good pony to bounce his opinions off of and could probably handle some design making. Rock figured he would need help and need delegate some responsibilities to others if they would be an efficient, wining fighting machine.

R appeared behind Justice “Engineer …you have a  … job to do” he said handing a scrap of paper that said something about respawners to him.

R had found it looking for clues about 2 fort and a possible way to escape. But everything seemed sealed off tightly. The only possible way out he saw lead to a vast dry empty dessert even if R could escape and get everyone out; they had a far better chance of survival here.

Across the base

Scone slightly giggled at Flora she seemed kind of cute like that. She set her last dish to dry and walked over gently running her hoof thru her head and began massaging her shoulders “hey relax sug; you’ll be fine … them respawners make this all one big game. And even so if you play it smart you’ll only umm … well you’ll die ... but if you don’t do anything to stupid, you know check your corners, work with the team. It won’t lead to anything to painful or traumatic. Heck most ponies like it here in 2fort! … if even just for the hats” she said with a bit of a disgruntled tone at the end

“and for how Burn-stein deals with it .. well I’m not one to question how some pony was raised or came to be.”

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mech gave a slight nod when Rock told him his weight, and adjusted the dosage of numbing medicine accordingly.

"No problem." Mech replied to what Rock said next, smiling. "Yes. It is apparently my job to heal everyvone, and I intend to care for zhis team to zhe best of my abilities."

He turned and injected Rock with the numbing medicine, then waited a few moments.

"Now, zhen... Can you feel anyzhing?" Mech said, prodding Rock a bit with his hoof as he had with the patients before him.

Blue continued practicing, switching between his weapons every so often. He looked rather funny at some points, whacking at the wall with his shovel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spectrum gave a mumbled "Hm." and looked at Pyro again.

"So the guy's pretty much one big mystery to everyone here." she remarked.

After that, she decided to stop asking questions about him, no matter how curious she was; she didn't really want to risk making Pyro or Scone angry. 

Pyro giggled a bit at Scone's mention of the hats - he had a few himself, scattered around his room, but they were by no means his favorite part of life in Teufort. 

Justice jumped a bit at the sudden appearance of R, which earned the male a small glare from Pyro, though nothing more came of it. Justice nodded a bit, taking the paper on his magic and reading it over as he went to go collect the tools to make the respawner. Eventually, he found the supplies and went to the room they had started in as he began putting the machine together.

-----------

Flora gave some incomprehensible squeaks as the massage started, but she eventually relaxed, standing as she was normally before and looking to Scone with a gentle smile.

"Thank y-you." She said quietly. She didn't think there was anything for her to do at the moment, as she had done the procedure on everyone but these two, though she didn't think they needed it, as they had been here before, apparently.

Rock looked at the doctor and nodded "ummm a little more please" he said referring to the medication. "its good to know your up for the job; I'm not fond of him but what that R guy said was right, we don't know how much time we have so after this we need to train everyone as well as possible and as fast as possible.

we need to make sure everyone is comfortable with there weapons and tools

we need to figure out formations and combat positions 

and we also need to set up controls and backups if things go wrong. ... hey wait who is going to do the procedure on you?" Rock asked curiously 

R followed and watched as Justice put the machine together, he stood there silent as a ghost.

meanwhile

Scone continued to massage Flora enjoying it a fair bit herself. "now now sug you just relax and if you need help with anything you just ask; me and flames mig-ee here will do what we can to help."

she tuned to Spectrum and said "mystery yes, friendly yes. does it matter we don't know who or what it is ...no. we all gotta work together here at 2 fort like it or not"

Mech nodded and injected Rock with a little bit more of the medicine, listening to him as he spoke. He paused for a moment when Rock asked who would be performing the procedure on Mech. 

"You know, nozhing I have found so far mentions zhat. Hm..." he said, scratching his head a bit. "I suppose I vill have to do it myself, vizh somevone to assist me vizh some parts of it."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spectrum nodded.

"Yep." she said. "We're gonna go out there, work together, and kick some blue team tail!"

((Sorry for the somewhat short post))

Justice glanced back at R as he worked, wondering why the stallion had decided to come watch him set up some machine. He decided not to ask though, simply turning back and continuing to set up the machine. This one was more complicated than that sentry thing, and with a name like respawner, he could see why. It likely wasn't easy bringing people back to life, and it made him wonder how they were doing it.

"So... What do you like to do, R?" Justice said, trying to break the silence with some small-talk.

----------

Flora kinda just sat there, enjoying the massage as she tried not to think about the fact that they were here for some kind of battle. She hated fighting, it never seemed to end well for anyone... In fact, she hated that her job was necessary at all. Even if it meant she would be out of a job, she would prefer that others didn't need doctors. Besides, she had always wanted to try being a florist. She always did like plants.

Rock winced and closed his eyes as his chest was torn open but between the drugs and the media gun ...it wasn't that bad

"ahhhh ...o.k umm i suppose i could help you ... this is strange" he said looking into his now chest cavity and feeling uneasy

in the locker room R stayed still watching the machine get made and to justice's question he said "kill .... troll"

and nothing more

across the base Scone finished with her massage and stretched her back "well alright now i guess we just got to wait for the mean lady to tell us when to start" she said with a shrug as she got herself a glass of water

Mech gave a slight nod as he began his work.

"Danke, I vould appreciate zhat." he said. "I imagine it is. Most surgeries aren't performed vhile zhe patient is avake, but zhis is a peculiar procedure indeed." he added with a slight chuckle.

He began the procedure as normal once he had Rock's chest open, starting with sawing away the parts of the ribcage that would be an obstacle. As he removed the heart, he pondered what to do with it for the next step; sure, the others he had tried had exploded, but Rock was much larger and probably considerably tougher, so perhaps there was a chance his heart would be able to stand the voltage?

-----------------------------------------------

Spectrum, growing bored, opened the kitchen's fridge to see what they had in it, despite not being hungry so soon after dinner. Glancing over the edibles inside, one thing in particular interested her - a few canned drinks, apparently an energy drink called "Bonk", with a sticky note on the one in front that read "Scout."

"Aw, sweet!" Spectrum said, picking up one of the cans with her magic. "They gave me my own personal stash of drinks."

"Umm... I'll assume those are two different things and not killing trolls." Justice said, continuing to work. Soon enough, the machine was up and working. Or, at least he assumed it was working from the glow it was giving off as the thing spun. "Now how to test this... And before you try it on me, I haven't had that surgery, I'm not sure it'd work on me."

-------------

Flora looked around at the others as the massage ended. It seemed nobody knew what to do at the moment... 

"Umm... I still need that surgery done on myself... And I can't do it by myself..." She said quietly, looking to the others.

Rock took a deep breath trying to relax he nodded to Mech and asked "mm everything ok doctor?"

R listened to what Justice said and gave a simple nod "are you ... confident ... it will work?"

across the base

Scone nodded "hmmm well i suppose i could help .. i remember mine getting done well enough. come on sum lets give it  shot"

"Ja, everyzhing is fine." Mech replied calmly before turning to work on the heart.

He stared at the battery for a moment, then finally made his decision.

"Now, most hearts apparently cannot stand zhis voltage, but I'm fairly certain your heart-"

Splat.

Mech froze for a moment as the heart burst like the others. The voltage must have been more powerful than he thought.

--------------------------------------------

Pyro and Scone had now finished the dishes, and Pyro hung around to listen to the conversation. He chuckled as Spectrum mentioned the energy drinks, remembering how much the last scout liked those.

Justice looked at the blueprints one more time before turning back to R and giving a hesitant nod.

"Well, as long as the design works, yes. I followed this blueprint, so as long as it's designed correctly, it should work." He said. He still wasn't sure about how it actually worked, but he built it to the blueprint's specifications, so it should work just fine.

---------------

Flora smiled slightly at Scone as she said she could help. The medic nodded back before heading off towards the medical bay with her.

"W-well, I could t-talk you through it if y-you need me to, I just needed help because I couldn't do it on myself." She said as she walked.

Scone patted her on the back “now, now, now don’t go feeling bad cause you can’t rip your own heart out! Ponies aint meant to do that!” she said in a reassuring voice.

They got to the medical bay and she looked at the hanging med gun she flipped it on and it began automatically sending the healing beam to flora.  She then began putting the tools se though she would need on a tray

“now you just sit your plot down and relax and ill help handle this sug”

across the base

R inspected the machine and looked at the glowing bits before stepping back and looking at justice

“I will … test” with that he pulled out his knife and took a deep breath stabbing himself In the heart falling down!

Meanwhile

Rock stood silently trying not to yell at the doctor for blowing up his heart. “well I hope you have a spare. GET OUT OF THERE YOU FILTHY BIRD!” he shouted as a pigeon landed near him

((So, augercorn... For this, I imagine that the respawner needs a DNA sample of some sort to respawn anyone, thus the blood samples Mech has been collecting and hasn't given to the engineer yet. Either I need to edit one of my last posts so Mech gives Justice the samples he has collected so far, or R is going to need to be taken to Mech, and fast. :razz: Also, I just realized that I have not been showing what Blast or Blue were doing in my last few posts, oops! XD ))

"Oops." Mech said with a nervous chuckle. "Must be a little bit more powerful zhan I zhought. Sorry. I do have extras, zhough."

He headed for the fridge, casting a brief glare at the spy head as he found and took the replacement heart.

"Kill me." the head groaned again, to which Mech responded by shutting the fridge door, ignoring him and returning to work.

He quickly shooed away the bird that had apparently landed too close for Rock's comfort, laughing a bit.

"Birds." he said with a shrug before going back to work.

(Meanwhile)

Blast had practiced with her weapons for a while, and now began to wander, to explore more of the mysterious base. Eventually, she found herself outside the door of what appeared to be a locker room, or something like that. She saw Justice and R inside, apparently discussing a machine that Justice was setting up. Suddenly, after a brief talk about testing the machine, R suddenly pulled out his knife and proceeded to plunge it into himself. While confused and terrified, Blast briefly thought of how thankful she was that her little defense mechanism had a cooldown period, so she couldn't do it again just now after the whole surgery disaster. Otherwise, she probably would have exploded again from the shock. Tensed and trying to keep calm, she peered into the room again, then slowly walked in.

"W-what's going on?" she asked Justice, glancing at R again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pyro began to wander, not having anything in particular to do.

Spectrum, meanwhile, opened up one of the energy drinks and chugged its contents.

"Oh yeah, that's good stuff!" she said, wiping a few stray drops of the drink off of her mouth with the back of her hoof and tossing the can into the trash can across the room.

She looked around and, not finding anything else particularly interesting yet, decided to have a run around the base.

Flora said nothing, simply giving a small smile to Scone. She had said nothing about feeling bad about it, she had simply explained why she needed the help. She wasn't a unicorn, she couldn't grab the spare hearts from the table, as she was sure she would need them, being as small as she was. She climbed onto the table as the two of them entered the infirmary, looking at Scone as the mare collected tools.

"Umm... You need to inject me with the stuff to make me go numb... You should probably lower the dosage too... I'm kinda small..." She said, watching Scone.

-------------

Justice looked over at R as he spoke, his eyes widening as the stallion stabbed himself. Nothing was happening with the machine, so he frantically looked over the design again, his eyes quickly finding the one thing he hadn't put in, the blood samples.

"Shoot!" He cried, looking back to R just before Blast came in. He looked to her in a small panic. "He needs to get to the infirmary! I forgot part of the respawner, and now he's going to die unless I can get him to Mech!" He cried, picking up R in his magic as he charged towards the infirmary, trying to get there as quick as possible. When he reached the place, he ran into the operating room.

"Sorry! R needs help!" He said, lowering R so Mech could look at him.

(no change its funnier like this)

Scone nodded and tenderly poked flora with a smile “not that there’s anything wrong with that sug” she took out a vial of the numbing agent; fortuently it was all pre measured “probably a precaution that they take after doc quack had his rounds” she muttered to herself.

Scone put only put a quarter of the vial into Flora. “now you just tell me how that feels sug, tell me if you think ya’ll need more or less”

Across the base

R moaned he was alive but barely perhaps getting the bigger heart in the procedure had saved his life. But either way he still had a big hole in it. At first he weakly faught off his team wanting to actually test it but then he heard Justice speak and he looked at him blankly.

R always showed little emotion so when he did it was very strong and his face sayed it all

“really kid!”

Rock was a little loopy from the drugs, but just a little. When R came in with a giant hole in his chest R screamed

“OH NOO’S IS BAD DAY! DOCTOR HELP THE SPY I WILL WAIT!” he looked at R as he was propped on the table and moaned “you are problem child!”

R turned his head to rock and weakly mimicked him “you are .. problem … man”

"Aah!" Mech yelped, almost dropping the heart he was working with as a few of his teammates burst in, including R, who had a fairly large wound in his chest.

Mech gave a slight nod as Rock said he would wait while he healed R. Taking a look at R, he shook his head and huffed a little as he began working.

"I just put zhat new heart in you, and you've already managed to put a hole in it!" he said with a somewhat irritated sigh. "Now, let's see... Zhe medigun is sustaining herr Heavy, and I don't vant to end up relying on it too much anyvay, so I'll have to do zhis zhe old-fashioned vay, and by zhe looks of it I don't have enough time for any anesthesia to kick in."

He quickly selected his tools and skillfully stitched up the hole in R's heart. Patching up the spy's outside would prove to be a bit of a challenge without the medigun, though - being a changeling, he didn't have the same soft flesh as most ponies, but instead had a fairly tough exoskeleton. Mech pondered what to do with it for a few moments, then remembered something.

"Oh!" he exclaimed, running off to somewhere deeper in the infirmary for a short while and returning with what appeared to be a portable version of the medigun.

He aimed it at the remaining hole in R's chest and sealed it up.

"Zhere." he said, slightly muffled from holding the handle of the medigun in his mouth.

Putting it down, he sighed and adjusted his goggles.

"Now, please, no more near-deaths until I'm finished vizh everyvone and zhe respawn is properly set up." he said with a slight laugh.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spectrum sped by the infirmary, but not before having a peek inside at the medic getting her heart modification with help from Scone. She then kept moving, dodging Pyro at one point but immediately barreling right into somepony else - the team's spy, if she remembered correctly.

"Sorry!" Spectrum said, getting back on her hooves and offering a hoof to help the changeling up.

Flora blushed a little from Scone's words, saying nothing as she laid there. Soon enough, she was injected, and at first nothing seemed to happen.

"Well... It's a little late for less, but we might need a bit m-" She said, cutting off as she realized she could no longer actually feel anything, just the pressure from laying on the table. "Nevermind, that was enough." She finished, swallowing a bit as she mentally prepared herself for the next part.

Zarud had been observing the training that Tehengu was doing with the rifle, and had decided to take a bit of a walk before doing some of his own. While he was walking though, he was suddenly bowled over by the team's scout. He gave a sigh at the mare's apology, accepting her helping hoof up.

"It's fine, just be more careful next time.

---------

Justice watched in worry as Mech worked, stitching up the heart before healing R completely with a smaller version of what was aimed at Rock's open chest. He breathed a sigh of relief before he heard Mech's words, giving a nervous chuckle.

"Well... I got the machine up... And forgot that I needed to put blood samples into it... So then he decided to test it..." He said sheepishly.

Scone took a deep breath and stabbed Flora with the scape cutting her open rather messily lifting the skin of revealing the heart and organs "whoo wee ... you healthier than a blue ribbon pig on the inside!" she said as she got used to the sight picking up the bone saw

"now this part aint pretty even when the docs do it so uhhh maybe just look to the right or something. talk to me sum tell me bout yourself .. just distract yourself." she said as she began to saw the ribs like a piece of wood

Rock watched he was most interested in the mini med-gun. he gestured with his head for mech to get close and said "doctor ... that smaller version did you ever think about using that thing in the fight ahead of us?"

R returned to normal moaning as the gun healed him

"uhhhh uhh" he gasped for breath and look dot justice mimicking his voice but giving him a "cali-slacker boy accent"

"awwww dude I was just uhh following the instructions man i didn't know you had to do that."

"Yes, actually... I believe zhat is it's intended use. It vas alongside a couple of ozher zhings zhat appeared to be veapons should I need to defend myself... It looks like in battle I'll be carrying zhe portable medigun, zhe bonesaw I used earlier for removing zhe parts of your ribcage zhat vere in zhe vay, and a strange little gun zhat apparently fires syringes." Mech replied to R with a slight nod. 

He looked back at the others for a moment.

"Alright, now, everyvone clear out. And I vas serious earlier... No more near-deaths! At least, not now. Die all you vant vonce ve can respawn, I suppose." he said, returning to work.

Blast gave a sigh of relief as the doctor healed R, watching intently as he worked. He may be a somewhat strange doctor, but he was certainly skilled in his work. Blast helped R up once Mech had finished with him, and remained silent as they exited the infirmary.

Blue heard the commotion, and had seen the group rush into the infirmary while he continued to train.

"Now, what was all that about?" he demanded (or, at least it sounded demanding from him).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright." Spectrum said.

She paused for a moment, then decided to talk to him for a while; she may as well get to know her teammates, after all.

"So... I'm Spectrum, if I didn't introduce myself earlier." she said. "Weird day, huh? Woke up in this place, no idea how we got here..."

Flora nodded a bit, watching as her skin was cut away and her ribcage was exposed. She looked to the right at Scone's suggestion. She was right, it was weird having it done on her. When she had been doing it, it hadn't been that bad to look at, especially since she had needed to keep an eye on the saw, but now it felt weird, the saw moving back and forth through her bones.

"W-well... I'm n-not sure what to tell..." She said, trying to think of something to say. "I live in Fillydelphia... It's nice there..."

Zarud looked at Spectrum as she spoke, waiting until she had finished before responding.

"I'm Zarud. And yes, it is rather odd that we were all taken to participate in this battle. I'm not sure what this battle is for, though it might be about some sort of rivalry between the two sides that brought us and the other team here." He said, watching her calmly.

-----------

Justice frowned at R's mocking, walking out without him and shaking his head. He knew he made a mistake, but did that changeling really have to be that mean about the whole thing? It hadn't exactly been an incredibly obvious part of the design. He gave no response to the llama as he walked past, his father giving him a worried look and following after a couple seconds.

Flux tilted her head at the procession out of the infirmary. Had something happened? Justice seemed sad...

Rock rolled his eyes as the spirits of his team seemed to degrade. R took Blasts help off the table and disappeared in the blink of an eye.

"all right doctor i want to see how we can use that thing first hand! now! come on lets finish here we still need to train and plan and do YOUR procedure!

Scone nodded as she sawed away at the bones

"uhuh! yawl got a family? special some pony? friends?" she asked while a bit winded still breaking away the little pony's ribcage. Scone finally cut it off having accidentally kicked the heart a few times she held back a grossed out face.

"Jawohl." Mech replied, finishing the heart's transformation and placing it back into Rock's chest. "Let's see... Zhat leaves just zhe engineer, zhe llama, me, and anyvone else ve haven't properly met yet. I'll do mine last, and I'll call you in vhen I get to it." he added as he flipped the switch on the ceiling-mounted medigun, sealing up Rock's chest.

-----------------------------

"Yeah, sounded like it was something like that, judging by what the mare on the intercom said." Spectrum said. "So, uh, what did you do before you ended up here? Like, did you have a job or a family or anything?"

"Well... I'm not sure where my family is right now, they travel around a lot. I have friends though, they're great." Flora said, glancing back at Scone to see her holding her heart. "Now you have to put the battery in it and stick it in the beam... Actually, it might be a goon idea to go straight to the spares, I don't think my heart would survive the beam."

Zarud looked at Spectrum as she spoke some more, asking him what he had done before coming here. "I was an infiltrator. They made a good choice when they picked me, as I'm already used to doing what the spy is probably for. And yes, I have a family, though my sister's been missing for some time now."

Rock nodded and hopped off "ill send him in and we'll finish the training. ... Thanks Doctor"

he patted Mech on the shoulder and walked off looking for Justice.

he eventuly came up on him and flux. he walked up "Justice! there you are ... you o.k? its your turn for the procedure don't worry the doctor is very good"

across the base

Scone took the heart and put it in the fridge. she rooted thru the spare herts looking for one just right for little flora

"uhh lets see here, tartars bovine-no, hydra, AHAH" she puled one out labeled mini dragon. and began to set it up

"all right i just plop it in here and the me dun takes care of the rest, little dragon heart!" she said exited plopping the dragon heart in the big empty space then setting the med gun to uber!

Archived