DJ PON-3's Event R2 (Hawkeye / Zelda)

RainbowFoxxy

bannerdj_zpsh5dairvz.jpg

Vinyl trotted back up into the DJ booth with a mischievous grin on her muzzle. The first round of speed dating was about to come to and end...and the second about to begin! It seemed that everyone had enjoyed their first round, she knew she had! But, there were more ponies to meet and who knew who she would end up dancing with at the rave later. Though she had originally thrown this event as a way of earning extra bits, throwing herself into the mix had ended up being fun so far. She stepped up, placing her muzzle in from of the mic.

"Alright fillies and gentlecolts! Time to back away before things get too hot and heavy!" She winked at a coffee brown mare and a griffon that seemed to have had fun on the first round. "Everyone on one side of the tables move two spaces right, all you on the other side two spaces left! You've got five minutes, make em' count!" Her unicorn magic caused the clock nearby to reset to five minutes. "Ready go!"

The DJ adjusted the music so that the speed daters wouldn't have to deal with awkward silences but also wouldn't have to yell to be heard. Time for some more fun!

---------

dqnjo3.jpg

“Oh yeah, that really was hot ‘n’ heavy.”, the black griffon mumbled sarcastically to herself as the disc jockey started the next round. And here she was, at her next table. Who would she be 'dating' next? She caught sight of Inkbrand who was already in the process of using his famous charm, this time on a pretty mare, who reminded her of an old friend in the R.E.A. Inky better watch his mouth, or that girl probably could give him ten kinds of a whooping. He'd probably enjoy every single one. The griffon's first 'date' was now spending her time with the previously mentioned D.J. Hopefully this one will go better than her previous one.

Soar'n was now with a rather tasty looking mare with what the griffon was very sure was a shot-glass for a cutie mark. This wasn't the first pony she had seen that was branded with a booze-mark. This normally did not seem odd, but it always bothered her just a bit, considering ponies generally received their cutie marks before reaching puberty. Was she already drinking before it was legal? Or did she simply show interest in the production of such drinks before she took it up herself? Zelda's good friend Muggo' Ale bore a tankard on his flank, which made sense, as his family owned an tavern. One she wished she was at the moment. Pity the pony or griffon who tried to drink this gal under the table.

"Next."

Hawkeye was usually one to find out about things later than most. He was one of the last to sign up for this Speed Date event, and then completely forgot about it when the night came. Until now, that is. The griffon was hovering above the streets, coming in for a landing just at the area's enterance. It seemed well put together. There was a DJ playing some music while ponies and griffons switched tables. Round two seemed to be beginning.

And yet, Hawkeye still wasn't sure why he was coming to this thing in the first place. Sure, it had been a while since he had gone out and flirted a little, but still....speed dating? Not only had he never done it before, but what would he do if he got paired with someone weird or creepy? 

He decided to shrug the thought off as he made his way to his table. Oh well. This would probably go better than some of his previous encounters with meeting peoplle at bars, right? 

Hawkeye sat down at his table just as Round 2 began. He looked down for a short moment, somewhat nervous. Why was he nervous? He glanced up however, getting a first look at his first 'partner.' It was a griffon. (phew, at least he could start off with someone from his own species)

"Well," he said, feeling his usual smile return and the awkwardness fade away, "You're pretty. I'm Hawkeye." It was true, too. Black and blue always worked well together, and on this griffon, she looked beautiful. This might turn out better than he had thought...

dqnjo3.jpg

The black griffon couldn't help but let out a chuckle as the male known as 'Hawkeye' introduced himself. While he reminded her a bit of her friend Razor, as both were rather small for their age, and were equally cute, but this one obviously wasn't terrified of her, or had any shyness issues. She had to study him for a brief moment as she worried that he might be just a little too young for her. Her lookover yielded positive notes. He was an adult, but had a cute little baby face. "Hello Hawkeye, I'm Zelda.", she scooted a little close as she looked into his mysterious golden eyes, "An't this something? When I was attending high school in Canterlot, I was the only griffon in my class, and now we're all over the place."

"So, Hawkeye.", she cooed, "What sort of gal are you looking for at these sort of things?" Again, she silently quested the idea of a dry-speed-dating event. The alcohol tended to loosen lips and provided more entertaining conversations, and made things a little less awkward.

"Zelda, huh? Cool name, it fits you," said Hawkeye, meanwhile giving the other griffon a more thorough lookover. Looks aside, she seemed to be the calm type, though not afraid to have fun. He liked that, and couldn't help but smile a little to himself.

He came back to attention when Zelda mentioned that she was the only griffon in her class, and how many were here now. Hawkeye looked around for a moment,  noticing there were indeed a good number of griffons here. "Yeah, you're right," he said, his gaze returning to those bright blue eyes, "I grew up in Aquellia myself, but there's definitely way more griffons here than I would have thought." 

The next question she asked caught him off guard, though he probably should have seen something like it coming. What kind of date was he looking for, anyways? He thought for a moment, before simply shrugging. "I don't really know, actually. Maybe someone I could go and have a good time with, without feeling awkward or stupid in the process." The griffon still somewhat questioned why he originally came here, but he quickly pushed the thought to the back of his mind.

Besides, something else caught his eye: a teal colored tattoo branded up the black griffon's arm. "Nice ink, where'd you get? It matches your eyes," he said with a smile. Gosh, how he liked those eyes. 

dqnjo3.jpg

“Well, where I come from it used to mean ‘dark battle’, but now it just means I’m blessed or happy. Guess I’m both.”, she added with a beaky smile. She felt a little sorry for the bird for living in Aquellia. With the exception of the south, it was mostly a rocky and miserable place to grow up. But she could not hate the place, since she received some of her best metals from the old heck-hole. She was happy to live in Canterlot. All roads lead their, and it was perfect in everyway. "Actually, even ran into a few Hippogriffs while living in the city. Now that's something you'd probably never see in the old country, that's for sure. Or at least where I come from." Ponies were well liked in her hometown, but many of the older generation were never very comfortable with pony-griffin hybrids.

"This is very unusual for me, generally these things are held in bars and a few drinks tends to make things a little less, er, stiff and gawky. Guess that's alright as well, maybe they wanted to do these things for people who don't drink.", she huffed, "But I prefer the old way. As one tends to lose their inhibitions especially after the later rounds.", she purred.

The subject of her markings came up, which wasn't that uncommon, "I actually got it from that fella over there.", she pointed to an snarky looking stallion with a blue mane who was covered in markings of his own design, "Mister Inkbrand has a shop in Manehatten. After getting my own markings, I just hung around the place and watched him work on others. Saw a mare get one on her face. Actually looked pretty good."

"So if you were to get a tattoo, where would you get it, and what would it be?"

Dark but happy? Hawkeye liked it. The griffon found himself unconsciously smiling for a moment. It was a rare occasion that he could find someone to have a good conversation with. It's a nice feeling.

"Hippogriffs? Well that's interesting," It was true; Hawkeye had seen very few of the hybrids in Equestria, or Aquellia for that matter. Which was odd...as many griffons and ponies mixed together as there were, you would think there would be more. But oh well, Hawkeye didn't really care enough to keep thinking about it.

Zelda then mentioned that she preferred the going to a bar method of finding a date, which Hawkeye could agree with. "True. A few drinks always makes it more interesting. I guess I wanted try something different." He wasn't sure if that was exactly the reason, but it was the bet explation he could come up with.

Apparently, the designer of the other griffon's tattoos was here as well. Hawkeye turned slightly in the direction Zelda was pointing. "Now that's some impressive ink," he said, turning back around. And then, another question he didn't see coming-where would he get a tattoo? Honestly, Hawkeye had never put much thought into getting one. But somehow, he answered the first part of the question fairly quickly: "Maybe something on my shoulder or the side of my neck," he paused, "But as for what to get? I don't really know." The first thing that came to mind was a bow and arrow picture, but that would be weird. A design of some sort, maybe.

It then occured to the griffon that he was at a speed date. He took a glance at the clock, noticing time was just about up. "Dang," he muttered, mostly to himself. He then turned back to Zelda, smiling casually. "Well this was fun. Hope we meet again sometime," he said with a wink before getting up- onto the next date.

Archived