The Iron Hoof (open)

"They are wating for us at the cave entrance most likely." Darky said sighing as they all stopped. "But I have a plan." He then added as he grabbed his shield. "I'll charge forward at max speed with my shiled, like if I was trying to takle Celestia, that will make them move to the side to dodge and will give us enough room to make a run for it for the one still running." He then turned to Twilight after noticing and me Pyro left. "Can you teleport them behind them after me and the other one passed trough?" He asked her.

"I will try." She replied. "But it would use a lot of magic." She then turned to the griffon. "Can you carry me after I do that?" He asked him as they all ran again.

----------

"They hadn't gone past here." A guard said as he oppened the secret passage to see if it was used.

"Then we will wait them here." Celestia said firmly after they arrived. "Get ready to hold this place."

The guards nodded and then started vetting everything fortified as fast as they could.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tehengu stopped with the others, his claw reaching for his bow as they talked about what to do with the forces ahead. He couldn't see the forces though, so he couldn't fire at them. He listened to the plan that was created, groaning a bit in annoyance as two of the ponies moved on ahead.

"Yeah, I can carry you." He said as Twilight asked him to after her spell. With just her, he probably wouldn't be slowed down much, if at all. Unless she was heavier than she looked.

-------

Aranak set himself up near the entrance to the tunnel, awaiting the rebels to come. They weren't going to escape, not if he could help it. He may not be fully on Celestia's side, but this was one thing that would become a problem for him too, so it would be better to deal with it now.

Wind panted, his legs like rubber beneath him. As exhausted as he already was, he had no regrets of warning them of whatever lies ahead. What he did not expect, was whatever came next. "Wait... You're not actually going to charge out there, are you? I've never me Celestia myself, but I'm pretty sure she and the three or four guards with her would do more than just try and dodge..." His ears flickered in surprise as he heard on of the other ponies trot past, heading straight for the ambush. Wind let himself off of the pony's back, nearly collapsing on the floor. "Well, it seems like someone has already answered for us..." He said, leaning a bit against the wall.

Darky turned to Wind. "I know perfectly well they will try something other than dodge me, but the idea is to make sure you all have time to escape, I can manage to get out of there by myself." He replied trying to make him feel a bit better about the plan.

----------

Soon, the guards had fortified a little the entrance. The made a small magic shield in there since a bigger one would take more time to prepare, and the rebels were not so far from them.

Luna looked to the Lunar guards, they look fast enough to catch the others. If they wanted to escape, she had to do something with them... but it would be useless to do something with the dragon.

Once Color had gotten within range of Pyro, she quickly grabbed him by the tail with her magic, struggling to pull him back but really only managing to slow him down a bit.

"Pyro!" she whispered in a warning tone. "Come back here, dagnabbit!"

Pyro paused for a moment, hearing Color say something but not catching what it was, then began to move again, although more slowly. Color certainly didn't want to be dragged into an ambush by her foal-brained companion, but she couldn't just let him go either... He could get hurt, or worse.

"Help!" Color called to the others, just loudly enough that they could hear her but she wouldn't be heard by whoever was lying in wait up ahead.

Tehengu sighed in annoyance at the two moving on ahead. Or, one of them was moving ahead while the other tried to stop them. He flew over to the two, grabbing the one with the mask off the ground.

"There are people up there that are not friendly, and you want to walk right into them?" He whispered to the pony in his claws as he glared at him. He then turned to the others, looking at the one offering to charge the group up ahead. "If you're going to charge them, I suggest doing it sooner rather than later. The more time you wait, the more time they have to fortify their defenses."

---------------

Aranak remained where he was, waiting for the rebels to show up. As he did so, he looked to Luna just in time to catch her looks towards the defenses and the bat ponies. The dragon raised an eyebrow at that, but said nothing, simply looking back forward again.

"Luna, we're ready and waiting, say the word," Crescent called out as she hovered in the hair above the ground,she'd be able to hold her stance she was built for strength not speed.

"Ready everyone, shouldn't be too hard to catch weakened ponies and whatever other species we had captures," she laughed before returning back to her stern look and waiting.

--

Moonlight Sonnet flew up to her Princess. "Is everything alright miss? You seem worried, I would play a song for you but I'm afraid I'm working on the defence and capturing the other ponies for your sister," the bat pony smiled revealing her fangs before buzzing and keeping her eye out down below.

She'd be fast enough to catch whoever tries to zoom off, it wasn't hard.

((So do we, Celestia's Army have them go free, or some taken or even all stopped?))

(leave that to me.)

Darky let the blind Pony on Color's back. He wasn't as heavy as he looked, and since Twilight will teleport them to the other side, there was no hurry on running away, so he wouldn't slow her down. "Aright, lets go." Darky said. They advanced some more and when they were close, Twilight got ready the spell as Darky started charging forward, flying at max speed and having his shield in front of him the entire time.

----------

Luna looked at her guards. "Is nothing, just..."

"INCOMING!!!!" A guard interrupted Luna as Darky charged forward straight to them and didn't looked he was going to stop. Some guards moved to the sides so he didn't attacked them. He soon was on the other side and broke the barrier.

As that happened, Twilight teleported everypony behind Darky and started running away with them. "Follow me!" she said to them as they ran a bit, but she soon fell tired, yet she kept running for a moment.

Darky stayed back. He didn't looked to the others. He had to buy time for them to escape.

"I knew you will betray us." Celestia said.

"D-darky..." Luna said a bit concerned. She didn't remembered this being part of the plan at all.

Tehengu set the strange pony down as Darky prepared to charge. Soon enough, the pony charged, and the group was left to wait until he had broken the barrier. Instantly, he was momentarily blinded by the bright light, and found himself on the other side of the group of enemies. He had fallen behind trying to recover from the teleportation, and immediately flapped his powerful wings, bringing him up to speed as he scooped up the tired alicorn and placed her on his back as the group ran down the hallway. He hated leaving a teammate behind like that, but it had to be done.

--------

Aranak hadn't been able to react fast enough to stop what was happening, but that's what those bat ponies were for. He left the chase to them, as they were faster, and instead went after the pony that broke the barrier, aiming to grab him by the neck to stop his escape. If he were to succeed in this, he would squeeze hard enough to incapacitate the stallion, nothing more.

Wind nodded once it had been explained. Of course, he still was not comfortable with the plan, but it was the best one they had. With a nod, he allowed Color to carry him and with that, they were off. He heard Darky charge forward first, then before he knew it, they were all behind him, past the barrier of guards. It was a good think the young colt was as light as he was, or else he would have insisted upon running himself for fear of slowing them all down. His clouded eyes glanced about as he listened to all the noise around him, before it all faded behind. Then his sensitive ears failed to pick up the sound of one pair of hooves, and his head shot up. "Wait, where's Darky?"

"Well well well! Every pony let's get'em!" Crescent shouted as the faster baypinies took after the Gryphon and some to the ground.

Crescent dived down and caught up with a running pony with a small colt.

"You're not leaving!" Crescent's voice screeched as she bit the colt on its flank and then let go.

Blood, it was done, she knew the decent and could easily track them now.

---

Moonlight too after the Gryphon who was carrying Princess Twilight Sparkle. "Too slow, come on bird brains," she snickers before flying along side and whacking violently into the Gryphon's side.

"By order of the Princesses, I demand you land and set down," Moonlight glared as she looked at the weak Twilight.

"Wow, you've dropped in status and gone a bit low?" Moonlight chuckled

((I assume the small colt you're referring to is the one on Color's back, right? Not sure if he was a small colt, sorry. XD Wanted to clarify that before I make my next post.))

(I'm sure it refereed to the blind one.)

Darky turned around and noticed the two bat ponies that went after the others. He turned back and went after them. "No you don't!" he said as he tackled the one that bite the other pony. "You both, leave them alone!" he said to both of them.

Some other guards went to fight the young alicorn, but he stood up and went to fight them back, so he could buy time for the others to run.

"Get the hell out of here!" he yelled to the others as the ran.

"Darky!" Twilight yelled back as they ran. She wanted to save him, but she felt too weak to do something.

Celestia smirked. "Capture him!" She ordered as even more guards went into the fight, soon outnumbering him and having him surrounded.

Luna remained silent. There was nothing she could do to save him. She just kept watching.

Tehengu kept going, ignoring the blind pony's question, especially since they were soon attacked by a couple bat ponies. He grunted as one slammed into him, but he stabalized himself quickly, glaring at the mare as she spoke.

"How about no?" He asked rhetorically, throwing a vicious punch at the mare as he continued flying along. He wasn't going to stop because one mare told him to, not when that mare was currently trying to catch him and throw him back in jail.

----------

Aranak watched as the young alicorn was surrounded by guards, and he walked up to the outside of the circle, waiting in case he needed to attack. He glanced back at Luna, who seemed distressed by what was going on. He supposed that wasn't really unusual though, as her husband or whatever turned out to be a traitor. He still wasn't convinced she wasn't one, but there was really no proof to support that, so he remained silent as well, simply looking back to the guards currently subduing the male alicorn.

Color was glad that the colt she had allowed onto her back was light, because soon they were all making a break for it at top speed. Color managed to keep pace with most of the others, only falling behind a little ocassionally as they ran. She yelped a bit as she noticed the bat ponies on her tail. One of them sunk its fangs into the colt Color was carrying, and Color quickly kicked out one of her hind legs, aiming to hit the flying enemy square in the face. However, her hoof missed its target as the bat ponies fell back slightly, being fended off by other members of the rebel group.

"You alright back there? Looked like a pretty nasty bite." Color said, seeming genuinely concerned for the colt on her back.

She shuddered slightly as she felt a few hot drops of blood drip down her flank from the colt, but she kept galloping with all her strength. She glanced around at the group occassionally, trying not to lose sight of Pyro; right now, he was a fair distance ahead of her. Color kept watching him, then suddenly had an idea.

"Hey, Pyro!" she called up to her companion. "Those ponies back there want you to play with them!"

Pyro skidded to a stop, then turned to look at the ones Color was referring to - to the others, attackers, but to him simply a bunch of apparently grumpy foals. He giggled, then bounced towards them a bit. Activating his contraption, he spewed a stream of flames forth, although he saw it as a flurry of colorful bubbles. The flames could be dodged, but he would at least set somepony's mane or tail on fire.

At the sudden jolt of pain in his side, Wind yelped and kicked his legs, acting entirely upon reflex. However, his hoof only found air as whatever had bitten him suddenly let go, drops of warm blood cascading down his side. He felt Color buck beneath him, apparently trying to fend off whatever had come after them. He gritted his teeth in pain as the stinging sensation began to intensify. What had been worse, he had not expected anything to bite him, and it caught him completely by surprise. "I'm fine, don't worry about me..." He replied, his voice a bit more hoarse than before.

Crescent hissed at Darky before she stopped following and circled back around towards the alicorn, mm Moonlight was still above keeping up with the Gryphon.

"Fascinating, the poor colt has quite an unusual taste, tracking shouldn't b me hard, Celestia what shall we do with the traitor here then? "

--

Twilight poked Tehengu's neck. "Over there." She said pointing to a place on the cave. "We must go there if we want to escape." She said tired.

Darky kept fighting the guards for a moment, knocking them down one by one, but soon feeling tired.

Lightning smirked, but then noticed the flames and made a magical barrier around them all to protec them, but he wasn't fast enough and the flames got into a pair of guards, burning their tails and manes. He chukled after seeing them.

Celestia walked towards Darky as some other guardsbmoved away. She attacked him with a sword she took from a guard with an amazing force.. Darky blocked the attack and the sword broke, but he fell to his knees. Celestia smirked. "Capture him and put him in the special jail." She ordered to the bat pony that asked her what to do with him.

Luna gasped and looked away. She couldn't see that. She backed away and ran to her room.

Celestia noticed that. "Tsk... weak..." she then turned to the bat pony "I have a mission for you." She said.

Crescent nodded as she screeched and other ponies appeared securing Darky and placing a special ring on his horn to stop the magic.

"Pathetic Sir, you really shouldn't risk your lives for idiots," the last sound was harsh as she turned towards the Princess who spoke to her.

"But of course, tell me, it'll be my pleasure," Crescent smirked at Celestia before seeing Moonlight appear back with a small amount of blood on her face.

---

The Gryphon claws caught her cheek but she bit his middle part of the leg before earning a shock from Twilight's spell. She licked he fce before flying down towards Crescent.

"Gone, I've bitten the Gryphon but Twilight's gone and the others that somehow got away," she looked at Crescent with a small sarcastic smile before turning to Luna. The pain she must of felt. She followed after and landed ouside her door.

"My Princess, Luna? 'Tis ok, please don't worry, you deserve a better man if this is what he has given you, his courage and love is grand but you must be strong," Moonlight hummed a small song to calm her nerves.

Tehengu grunted from the pain of the bite, but he kept his mouth shut otherwise, nodding as Twilight directed him and the pony fell back. He turned his path towards the cave, flying in the direction Twilight had told him to.

-----

Aranak simply watched from where he was, smirking a bit as the young alicorn was taken down by the ponies around him. It seemed he was going to a special jail. The dragon didn't know what that meant, exactly, and was glad he wouldn't be finding out firsthand.

"It seems we're letting them escape then. I assume you have a way to track them that doesn't involve blood trails? They could easily stop the bleeding once they're out of danger." Aranak said as the second bat pony returned, leaving the rebel's escape unimpeded for now.

As they raced towards the cave, Wind panted heavily, even though he was barely even moving. It would take at least an hour for him to recover his strength, but he had no idea what to do within that time span. He could only hope that there were no other guards planning to ambush them. If the worst came to be, they would need everyone at the top of their game. His jaw clenched as the burning sensation began to grow, then subside, only to grow once again. He glanced back at the wound, but he was unable to see it. "Is it bad?"

Archived