The Iron Hoof (open)

Aranak laid in the bed for a bit, simply staring at the ceiling as his mind went through all the stuff he had seen during his brief tour of the castle, filing away anything he thought would be useful later. Once he was done with that, he closed his eyes and went to sleep.

------

"Thank you again, miss." Tehengu said, giving the mare a thankful smile as she finished up. "It was a pleasure having you work on me." He added to her.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crescents wings opened up as she flew downwards and stepped forward onto the small once connected bridge with a sigh.

"Such a small time passed by for this drastic change to happen to dear Luna's sister," her eyes scanned the dilapidated town and sighed.

---

"Well keep you under the hood and when I have time I shall scare one of the unicorns into enchanting our Guards armour suitable for you to wear," she said as they stood on their podiums just outside the windows looking out upon the world she once knew.

"How does it feel to be outside?" She asked with a smile.

Wind sighed as the pony that had come in worked on his wound, feeling the bit of flesh being knitted back together. "Thank you." He said, lying in the bed for a few moments more. There were too many things going on in the unicorn's mind for him to just fall asleep, so he lay awake the entire night, only able to close his eyes for minutes at a time.

Toxica nodded, adjusting her hood again to better cover her gaseous mane and hide her skeletal face in shadow.

She paused a moment, taking in her surroundings. Dipping her front hoof into her body's slime again, she scrawled an answer to Moonlight's question on the ground: "Good." She quickly wiped it away with her other hoof once she was sure Moonlight had read it. Toxica glanced around again; she had expected that it would be different from what little she remembered with how long she had been kept inside, but something seemed wrong about the scene around her. She stared out at the land around the castle, trying to figure out just what it was.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hm." Color said with a slight contemplative nod. "Well, there's a saying I think has something to do with it: 'Absolute power corrupts absolutely.' Given, she didn't seem to be the kind of pony who would be so likely to go mad with power, but here we are... We ponies do tend to swear on her name as if she was a goddess or something, after all, so it's safe to say she may have had a little bit too much power."

Moonlight nodded adding the thousandth thing to do on to her list.

Teach Toxica to speak.

"I'll teach you to speak, it'll make it easier when other ponies are around us," she smiled at her before sighing.

"You've been in there for how long? I've been so caught up in the days that have passed that I do not know or even remember, " she looked down in shae as an Arieon passed but waved him off silently.

After a few hours of being alone, Luna exited her room and went to do the night jobs. Even though all that had happened, ahe still had to do it, but she also had to do another thing...

----------

The nurse giggled a bit after Tehengu said that. "No problem, it is my job." She said smiling. "You should rest now, tomorrow you will feel better." She then left the room.

The other nurse smiled at him. "No problem." She said, then left so he could have some rest.

"Yes, you are right on that." Twilight said. "She is the most poweful pony in Equestria, but not even me expected this to happen to, I mean, she send me to Ponyville to learn about friendship, but now...." Twiligh moved her head and ears down, a bit sad. ".... all this.... it just contradicts why she sent me to study it in the first place." She added, but then sighed.

Toxica nodded as Moonlight mentioned teaching her to speak, seeming to like the idea. It would certainly be easier than cleaning up sludge messages whenever she needed to communicate.

She seemed to be deep in thought when Moonlight asked how long she had been inside. She was still for a moment, then shrugged - not even she remembered how long she had been here. Years, perhaps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Color gave a solemn nod.

"It's crazy how fast things can change..." she remarked. "But, together we'll all make it through this. Right?"

Pyro continued to stare into the fire, but then made a sound that was something like a yawn, but was hard to make out through his mask. He then stood up and walked over to Color, mumbling something to her. Color chuckled slightly.

"The big foal wants me to sing to him." she said to Twilight, knowing that only she could understand anything Pyro said. "Do you mind? I'll try to be quiet about it."

"Alright." Tehengu said, sighing slightly after the nurse had left the room. He probably should try to get some sleep, but he was finding that difficult with all that was on his mind. He sighed again before stripping out of his armor and weapons, putting them in the corner before heading to the bed and laying down in it. He tossed and turned for a bit, but he eventually managed to fall asleep.

Moonlight noticed her shrugged and copied the motion.

"Time is a very cruel thing, there's either too much or too little," she smirked before looking up at the night and a familiar guard bringing her a weapon. A sword.

"Thanks Blue light, " she muttered and he flew off to do his duties.

"This place used to be so fun and happy but now it's dilapidated and destroyed, no ounce of love in sight," Moonlight said sadly before tuning to Toxica.

"My. MU I," Moonlight said loudly to explain the world my.

Luna sat down in a hill near Ponyville, admirig what was left of that place that once was full of life and joy, but now, you could barely see a single soul out after certian hour. She sighed and went back to the castle, night duties were even less since Tia took over like this.

----------

"I don't mind." Twilight replied with a soft smile. "Perhaps it will help me to sleep." She said and went back to her book.

~ the next moring ~

Tia and Lightning woke up first and she brought up the sun, then went to get ready for today's missions.

Lightning went to wake up everypony else.

Twilight woke up in the library after a good night of sleep.

Darky woke up in his jail, having a visit from Luna. At least the guards allowed her to see him.

Toxica seemed saddened for a moment, but then brightened slightly as she tried to mimic the word, feebly at first.

"Mm... M... Mu... My?" she said slowly and hoarsely.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Color nodded and sat down with Pyro, starting to sing - her singing voice was nothing fantastic, but she wasn't bad either.

((Here's what she's singing: 

I adore this song. >u< ))

Pyro was soon asleep, resting his head on Color, and Color drifted off soon after.

The next morning, Color slowly awoke, Pyro still sleeping cuddled up next to her and both of them still in the library. Color chuckled slightly, managing to wiggle herself to a standing position without waking him.

((That's a nice song!))

Moonlight smiled widely and giggled. "Well done! Nai...mmm...name!" She said, Moonlight wanted to teach her how to say simply answers questions and things ponies would say.

Like yes sir, no sir, ok etc etc. It wouldn't be easy but it'd be helpful.

Tehengu awoke with the sun, rubbing the sleep out of his eye before he got out of the bed and headed out of the room, walking around the castle aimlessly as he searched for breakfast. He was hungry now.

-------------

Aranak was already awake as well, sitting in his room contemplating how to go about gaining more power. For the moment, the best way to do that seemed to be to just follow Celestia's plan and reap the rewards she gives out, as well as make some of his own.

Luna went to sleep after spending some time with Darky.

Tia went to the throne room while Lightning went to gather everypony. "Hey, we need you in the throne room." He said to everypony.

----------

Across the hallways of the sisters' castle a delicious smell could be smelled ([emoji14])... vreakfast was ready!

Twilight looked at Pyro and Color and smiled. "How cute, but we should go to eat." She said as she stood up and went to the dinning room.

The room looked like it was rebuilt and looked better than before.

Toxica and Moonlight spent the night this way, Toxica slowly building up a small vocabulary with Moonlight's help. Before they knew it, morning had arrived. Toxica watched the sun rise, fascinated, but soon was squinting, then had to look away altogether - her eyes were a bit sensitive to light from being kept inside so long. She looked at Moonlight, and slowly patched together a sentence with some of the words she had learned.

"Do... I... H-have to... Go... Ba-ack?" she said, still stumbling over her words a bit since she was still so new to speaking.

----------------------------------

Color stretched her legs a bit. Then, she smelled something, something good. Breakfast must be ready.

She gently shook Pyro awake, and the two headed towards the aroma's source, ending up in a large dining room.

Tehengu eventually smelled the cooking food, and followed the smell into the dining room. Once in there, he found himself a seat and sat down, waiting for the food to come out.

-----------

Aranak gave a hum at the call, getting off his bed and heading out into the hall, making his way to the throne room to hear what Celestia had to say to them this time.

Moonlight looked up towards the sun before hearing Toxica,"No, I'll get you the armour ready by 12," Lightning appeared telling them to meet at the Throne room and Moonlight frowned.

"Come on, the quicker we go, the quicker I can get the armour," she turned around on the spot and headed to the Throne room.

Hopefully she'd be able to sleep afterwards.

---

Crescent turned on the spot and took off flying into the Throne Room.

"I'm here, " she called out as she landed.

"If you don't mind me asking Princess, when can we sleep? " She asked politely and bowed as she saw her.

Wind sat up in the bed, yawning heavily. He could not get anymore than a few minutes of sleep at a time and as a result, his clouded eyes looked a bit bloodshot, and there were dark circles underneath. After feeling around the walls a bit, he made it out into the library. "Morning." He said, his voice calm despite his current appearence.

Celestia smirked after seeing everypony gathered in the throne room. She was aitting in her throne and Lightning by her side. "Good, everypony is here." She said, then patted Lightning and nodded to him.

He stood up and atepped forward. "Today we will start operations today against the rebels." He started saying. "After breakfast, we will be asigning your missions for today." He then turned to Crecent and Midnight. "We will assign you a small operation, once you finish it, you can come back here and sleep all you want." He said to them with a soft smile.

Tia limited herself to nod.

"After breakfastm report to the castle gates, we will give you your missions in there." He said, then backed away.

----------

Twilight happened to see Wind as she exited the Library. "Oh, hello there." She said smiling to him. "Lets go for breakfast, we can talk in there if you wish." She said as she lead him to the dinning room.

As that happened, the ponies in charge of the kitchen took all the food to the dinning room. There was a lot of pony food that looked delicious, as well as some special food for the griffon.

"Grab whatever you want." The chef said smiling to them as some ponies started grabbing food and eating.

Moonlight nodded. "I'll be at the gates a little later, I need a few supplies that I will get after breakfast," she nudged Toxica with a nod before turning around and heading for the dining area.

"How you feeling?" She asked Toxica quietly as they walked out.

-----

Crescent smirked. "Thank you my Liege," she said with a nod before flying towards her food, blood. She couldn't wait and she was so hungry! Good thing in this world is that no matter what happens she'd have food.

Toxica restrained a grin.

"Good... Excited... Little n-nervous." she replied, following Moonlight and trying her best to keep the sludge trail she left behind her to a minimum. 

She paused for a moment, seeming to be pondering something as they kept walking. She had a question, but didn't quite have the words to speak it, so she decided to save it until they got somewhere where she could write.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Color and Pyro happily dug into the food. Pyro, still never taking off his mask, simply twisted off the gas mask's side air filter like a bottle cap and poked his bites of food through the hole. Having a sip of his drink would prove to be slightly more of a challenge for him, since he couldn't find a bendy straw and the hole he was eating through was on the side of his mask.

"Thanks." Wind said as Twilight lead him towards the dining room. The smell of delicious food suddenly filled his nostrils, but he wasn't as quick to dig in as Color and Pyro. Instead, he mainly sat there, his clouded eyes seeming to stare off into space.

The table at the royal dinning room was soon filled with food for the operatives that would be sent in missions this day. There was a lot of food for almost any specie, ponies, bat ponies, even for the dragon.

Lightning and Tia also went to take breakfast. It looked that with him, the last remains if the old Tia appeared, but only just a quite few times.

Luna also went to eat something before going to bed. She saw the bat ponies and Toxica and smiled to them. She felt better thay day apparently.

----------

Twilight smiled to Wind after they arrived. She sat and started eating with everypony else.

"Alright everypony, after breakfast I'll give today assigments to you." Twi said after a while.

Aranak listened in silence as Lightning spoke again, saying they were to do the same thing as they had been about to do yesterday before the break-out. Yeah, that really warranted them gathering in the throne room. Oh well, it didn't matter much, so he simply headed off into the dining room to start eating his breakfast.

---------------

Tehengu began eating the food made for him as soon as it was put out, sating his hunger as he listened to the other's speak. He gave a nod and a small salute to Twilight as she said they would be getting missions after they had eaten.

Moonlight gave a small smile. "Great, I'll get you that armour before we go out, it shouldn't take long," she whispered as everyone took the seats.

She grabbed a blood bag from the plate where the Arieons sat and a few pieces of fruit. "Sit next to me," she said and bit into it ducking it up very slowly.

---

Crescent Shield smiled, thank the new Celestia, food! She grabbed 3 pouches and but into them very quickly emptying them and wiping up the spills quickly.

Taking one small piece of fruit she bit into it with a ravenous smile. "Boy I love food,"

Archived