A Fearful Sun (Closed/See OOC)

Zealot

Helping Stiletto up, Avery looked over her to make sure she was alright. However her constant shaking made him look in worry, briefly looking up to try and catch sight of that creature from before. Though he grits his teeth as he can't spot the monster, though he turns back to Stiletto as she continues to shake, unable to stand correctly. Unfolding a wing, he uses it to balance Stiletto in place. He was worried, the last time something like this happened was when they went to the castle of the two sisters, but this is far worse.

Hearing her stammer that she needed a hug, he knew it had to come to this, it was the best way for her to calm down from something like that, he knew this. ...and he wasn't going to let his mind stop him this time, she needed the hug, and he was going to give her one. Though a push from behind was enough force to make him snap his head to Dark with a raised eyebrow. Seeing him walk away after saying that he'll be with the others, he was slightly confused at why he would do that. Looking back to Stiletto, he pulls her closer to give her a hug.

"You don't think you need one, you do need one. I'm not letting you be scared like that." he quietly says, trying his best to calm Stiletto down.

Meanwhile, Cotton looks over to Glimmer and blinks, looking at the stuffies. She then shakes her head and points to Avery and Stiletto, to which she then covers her mouth with a hoof, seeing that they were hugging. Though Cotton jumps back at Dark's sudden appearance. She nods her head to his question, but then saw him picking up other plushies that had fallen. Oh dear, what a mess! How'd that happen?

Though Dark noticed that it was unusually calm right now, Cotton looks around and also notices this. It wasn't much of a surprise, but Ponyville has been a source of attacks for a while. What's more confusing though, is that the creature left as soon as it came... what did it want if it just left to begin with?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stiletto gratefully embraced Avery, wrapping her forehooves around his neck and allowing his wing to rest gently over her back. She breathed unsteadily but knew she needed to start working her magic if she was to have any hope of calming down. The close proximity made it easy as she allowed her aura to shrink, wrapped in Avery's own good feelings. She let the warmness of his aura seem into hers, drawing on it's strength as well as his reassuring presence and his closeness. Her breathing steadied and evened out over the course of the long hug, managing to calm herself from the intense spark of fear that she'd felt. 

She sighed, looking up from having her muzzle burred in his neck, looking around awkwardly with a heavy blush on her face. "Uhh, thanks," she remarked quietly. "I... I needed that. Your aura, it's nice and warm," she remarked again, then blinked at what she just said. Wait, his aura was good? Yes, it had been. She searched it once more, finding no trace of the darkness inside him. Well, that solved the question of what had been inside him all this time. "Avery, it... the black thing. That was the monster, it must have been," she inferred, making a bit of a leap, it made sense though. "The dark patch in your aura, it's gone. I can feel it. What... whatever that thing was, it must have been hiding in you this whole time."

Glimmer meanwhile looked over at Dark as he came over. Okay, well, Cotton didn't need help with the plushies. She felt a bit useless, staring around at the other ponies now. She was just a pony after all, what could she do? "Yeah, it is pretty calm," she remarked. "Probably for the best. Not a good idea for folks to start panicking."

( I will be able to post after all, but might take a bit longer than It usually did.)

Darky kept flying around, putting the plushies where they belonged. It was slightly tiring having to do this, since he had to fly from one place to another over and over and over and over... ugh... made him want to fly up and rest in a cloud for a while, but most of them were gone and the one he had for him was taken by Rainbow Dash. Just what he needed. He shook his head and kept flying around and once he was done with the plushies, he flew down to see Cotton and Glimmer.

He sighed and smiled to both mares. "Well, the plushies are in order." he said with a small smile to them. "Anything else that might be needed to do?" He asked as he looked around. Perhaps the other ponies needed help, but he wanted to be with his new friends, and Avery and Stiletto were talking, and gave them some privacy as he took a step towards the other two mares. Interesting that he usually ended up surrounded by mares, not that he minded though...

he chuckled a bit at his idea and then calmed down and heard Glimmer. "Yes, I agree with you. We don't want ponies going from side to side screaming in terror." he said as he looked for his spider plushie and put it on his bag with the other stuff he had for Luna, being only the flower and an apple if she wanted. He felt pathetic for a moment. Really, an apple...

• 4 weeks later...

Avery had remained quiet throughout the long hug that he had shared with Stiletto, he just needed to help her calm down and out of her fear induced state. After a while, she did calm down, only to have her face be reddened from the experience. He silently chuckles at her blush, finding it silly. Though he nods "You were scared, its the least I can do" Though with her next few sentences, he blinks in surprise to hear that the blackness she had seen before in his aura is now completely gone.

He looks down to his chest to put a hoof there, still unable to see his own aura but guessing it to be somewhere around there. "It... is? Well, if that thing comes back, I'm going to put it down. A doppelganger from what Dark said... Bah" he said with a low tone, though his attention turned back to Stiletto "But are you alright? It would be horrible if that thing did something to anypony let alone you." he lowly growls. But he sighs, seeing that she was indeed fine. He removes his wing from around her and folds it onto his back once more. "Well, I think we idled long enough, we should probably get going before we miss that display that... Discord fellow was running." He says unsure, as if he was trying to remember the name of the Chaos God.

Cotton in the meantime, silently wished she had a proper voice to speak to Glimmer. However, all she could do was gesture toward the things she was trying to communicate. When Dark came back down from his flight to collect the plushies that had flew off her stand, she nodded with a smile, but then looked around with him, before shaking her head seeing that there wasn't that much to do. Though hearing Glimmer's response to the calmness, she nodded as well. Though as Cotton looked over to Glimmer, she felt that glimmer needed something else. Trying to get her attention, Cotton points to her stand and the plushies, though she then puts a hoof to her chin as if trying to come up with a way to say what she wanted to say.

Avery had walked back over to the group "Oh, I see that we're getting another member?" Cotton jumped slightly and quickly shook her head, but she held up a hoof and gave the plushies she was holding to Avery. "...Oh?" Cotton then jogged over to her stand and got out a small sun plush and brought it back over to Glimmer, holding it out to her as if to give it to her. Avery tilts his head at the action, wondering what's going on, though he then noticed Dark was slightly tired. "Hey Dark, are you alright? You seem like you've flown for a couple minutes heh."

• 2 weeks later...

Stiletto sighed, looking around the fair a little with a bit of a smile on her face. "Hah, thing comes back I'll lend you a crossbow," she said affirmatively. "That thing was trouble, and I doubt we'll be seeing the last of it," she remarked with a shrug, putting the thoughts of the evil thing out of her head for now. After all, they had a display to get to, though one thing was sure, she was certainly going to tell Celestia about what just happened. Screw trying to make up with Luna for now, whatever that thing was it was probably a bigger threat than they realised. Well, to Avery at least.

Still, she was quiet for a moment, rejoining the group with Cotton and smiling at the mare. 

Glimmer on the meantime was receiving a sun plushie, chuckling to herself. "For me?" she asked Cotton. "But... uhh... I didn't do anything?" she asked, wondering why she deserved a plushie, but taking it anyway. "Thank you."

Stiletto chuckled, looking between the two mares and thinking to herself and coughing a little. "I'm sorry about your store," she said with a smile. "May I?" she asked, extending a hoof to Cotton. "I... uhh. Well, I feel things more than others. Maybe, I could help you?" she wonders with a smile.

• 2 weeks later...

Darkness smiled to Avery and Stilleto when they walled.over to them, then looked at cotton as she gave the plushies to the others. He had a plushie of his own, so he didnt minded the mare didnt gave him one.

"Just take it." He said smiling to glimmer before she took the plushie.

"We can help you more if you wish so..."Darky said with a soft smile to cotton before looking to a nearby clock. Sweet Luna. It was almost time for the entretainment!

"I dont mind being late for Discord's show. He was used to his sillyness all thr time, so it was not.going to be that new.

Cotton smiled, nodding as she gave Glimmer a plush toy, though as she was just about to get back to work, Stiletto caught her attention. She shrugged gently, shaking her head before pointing at her throat and gesturing her face to make it seem like she had a sore throat. She waved it off, but then gestured to the sun, pointing to it and seemingly dragging it through the sky with her hoof, before pointing to her wrist, trying to say "maybe later today?" she points to her stand, tip toeing in place as if she was trying to get back to her work. She bows her head quickly, as if trying to say she's sorry before she dashes toward her stand to fix it up.

Avery tilts his head watching Cotton go back to her stand fixing it up. Saying "Uh... maybe now's not a good time? I mean, it is the middle of the day right now, it's usually busy here anyway right? Maybe she needs to prepare for that." he suggests "I mean, sh- she's already done..." he says, pointing to her stand as she'd gotten the game all repaired and ready to be played once again, though she seems to be busy knitting something behind the counter. Avery tilts his head a bit more before shaking it off "Well... maybe it's best to wait until later. But... shouldn't we head to Mother and Auntie first? That... doppelganger needs to be mentioned." he stated with a stern look on his face.

Avery sighs, looking over at a nearby clock "...Might miss Discord's show, but having that thing go around while nopony else knows? That's just chaotic." he stops to think about it "Maybe I should go tell them before coming back, they need to know, else everypony's gonna have a bad day."

Ahh, well that made much more sense. Cotton wasn't a mute, she just had a sore throat. Stiletto had wondered that perhaps the pony might have some sort of mental block or perhaps an emotional problem which kept her from speaking. Stiletto could certainly help with that, but a sore throat? Probably not. She nodded, "Oh, ahh. Yeah sure, I'll come back later. Nice to meet you, I look forward to chatting," she said with a smile, happy to let the mare get back to managing her stall. She hoped she would be okay with that.

But yes, they were going to be late for Discord's show, weren't they? "Oh... damm. The show, of course. Uhh... yeah we should get going," she said, shaking off her tiredness and her shock, going back to her usual self. Stiletto starts to walk away in the direction of Discord's show. "Indeed, we need to tell the princesses about this anyway. I mean, well... they're sort of the ones who should be dealing with this crap. Right?" Well... she was right really. Big smokey evil cloud monster? Yeah, sounds like a job for the princesses and the elements of harmony. She was hardly equipped to deal with such a thing, a crossbow wasn't going to do anything.

Glimmer glances at Dark, giving him a smile before she follows Stiletto, sort of interested in catching the show. She doesn't really want to worry about a smoke monster.

• 2 weeks later...

Darkness walked over to where the others were and started hearing what they were saying. Perhaps they were right. It was more important to go and tell the princesses about what happened rather to go and see the show. He could see Discord’s jokes almost every day when he went to the castle, so it would be nothing new he would lose, or so he hopped.

“I will go with you and tell the princesses.” He said t Avery as he trotted to his side. “It is more important that we find a way to deal with that creature rather than let it go free around bringing havoc to equestrian.” He said, his tone getting serious for a moment. Also, he could see Luna before! But… that was not important in that moment.

He also noticed that Cotton was no longer with them. She had gone back to her stand not so long ago. He remembered that she gestured something. What was it? He didn’t recalled correctly, but it had something to do with the possibility she was not actually mute, but just felt bad and couldn’t speak. For a moment, he wondered how her real voice was, but the idea soon banished away.

Archived