Phobias in WoE?

I have a question about the WoE rp section... As the title would indicate, I want to know if it is alright for a character to have a phobia in the main rp. Everyone has little fears, of course, but I mean full-on, absolutely, deeply terrified of something - for example, I have a pegasus character I'm thinking of apping (the reason for this question) who has acousticophobia, the fear of noise, to the point where she freaks out at any noise she happens to hear and even the sound of her own heartbeat could be scary to her. (But, don't think this means she can't interact with other ponies - her ears are wrapped up to better block out noise, and she communicates with either writing or a form of sign language done with her wings.)

So, basically, as long as it doesn't keep them from interacting with others altogether, are phobias alright for WoE characters?

Phobias in and of themselves aren't a problem. If you look at the show, Twilight herself seems to have one of snakes. Something as severe as a fear of all noise, however, might be too much. Such people in real life tend to be paralyzed in doing anything involving interaction. You may wish to make it simply a paralyzing fear of loud noises rather than of any sounds at all.

Phobias in and of themselves aren't a problem. If you look at the show, Twilight herself seems to have one of snakes. Something as severe as a fear of all noise, however, might be too much. Such people in real life tend to be paralyzed in doing anything involving interaction. You may wish to make it simply a paralyzing fear of loud noises rather than of any sounds at all.

Alright, thanks for the input. :)

The fear of evil mutant bunnies? XD Interesting.

Just bunnies of any kind. If they were mutant evil ones she'd be less afraid.

Anyway, phobias are totally fine. Just don't make the phobia the defining characteristic.

Just bunnies of any kind. If they were mutant evil ones she'd be less afraid.

Anyway, phobias are totally fine. Just don't make the phobia the defining characteristic.

Ah, okay. XD I googled it and it said specifically evil mutant bunnies, weird.

Alright, great! And, I won't... I just need to develop the character I mentioned some more before I app her. :)

Archived