Wheelin' and Deelin' (LP)(Full)

Ashton

((Technically it's Prince's turn, but I suppose you do need some DM magic here...))

The post office was a marvel of modern technology, mail flying through shutes, being sorted by destination, weight, type, and other things that one coudl ntoe ven guess... none of which applied to Ponyville's Post Offfice...

At the small building, there was a mare sitting behind a desk, reading a magazine, looking bored, behind her was a door leading to the postmaster's office and one leading to the back rooms., when the group entered, she looke dup "What can I do for you?" she asked, clearly bored "Stamps? Envalopes? Stamps _and_ envalopes?" her enthusiasm was unmatched....

"Ah, hello." Twilight looks around, this place is in some serious need of organization... But no! There are more important things to attend to!

"Have you received any letters in from Rainbow Dash in the past two weeks? It's very important, she's missing."

"I couldn't tell you, I jsut work the front desk" said the mare, flipping through her magazine.

After a moment spike spoke up "uh, can you tell us who we need to talk to then?"

"yeah, you need to talk to the postmaster"

"and where can we find the post master?"

"I dont know, she's at lunch" said the mare at the desk "you might try askign the local mail carrier though"

"great where can we find her?" asked spike

"dont know, she's out delivering mail" said the mare

Spike grumbled about wheather the mare knew _anything_ with a tiny trickle of smoke starting to waft frmo his nostrils... 

"No clue" said the mare

there was a crash outside

"oh, there's the mail carrier, maybe you shoudl ask her" suggested the mare at the desk

after several tries the door opened to reveal a familair yellow-maned pegasus with a gray pelt "Oh! Miss twilight! I think I have soemthing for you!" she said, digging in her bag and producing a very heavy box. Teh return address was in canterlot, and despite it being summer the box had 'merry christmas!' written on the outside

Spike sighed "I think we found our answer"

"Sorry it took so long, I just dont know what went wrong" said the mare sadly, though it wasn't clear if she was appologizing to twilight, sicne one eye was pointed towards the unicorn, or to the postal mare, since the otehr eye was looking at her...

Applejack followed Twilight and looked at the mail mare. "Oh, Derpy..." She said sighing after she spoke. "Is alright sugarcube..." what did she expected from her actually? She shook her head and went to see what was in the box, mostly out of curiosity.

Inside the box was a fruitcake, no worse for wear, of course, and a card withing Twiley a happy hearthswarming from her family... it was only six months late...

"REally? a fruitcake? That's just... ugh  even _I_ wont eat one of those after I broke so many teeth on the last one!" commented spike

Applejack sighed. "Well, ah migh' say that this was... interesting." She said, then followed Twilight. "T' the train station now..." She said sighing and decided just to follow her.

Fluttershy was already at the train station, a small suitcase with her as she sat in a bench, a bit adorably, and waiting for her friends.

There was a sickening sound of bones breaking as the fruitcake crashed into derpy's back

Spike winced and looked a little pale...

-----

At the train station rarity was Standing there with a tiny carryon bag, something extremely out of character for her...

"Wow, you managed to fit everything in there?" asked spike

Rarity laughed "oh spikey-wikey, I could never fit it all in there"

as if on cue the CMC staggered up, weighed down with several suitcases each, slowly depositing them on the train

"cutie... mark... bell... hops... go..." strainged scootaloo as she passed the group

Spike blinked, completely unable to comment between the shock of rarity abusing the CMC (one being ehr own sister) to carry all her bags... and his love for her... int he end he jsut kept quiet.

Applejack felt a bit surprised after hearing the sickening sound of Derpy's bones breaking. "Sorry sugarcube." She said to Derpy as she let a small apple muffin beside her.

She just then followed Twilight to the train station.

----------

At the trainstation, Fluttershy stood up after seeing her friends arrive and the train. She smiled got into the train station.

"Rarity, why did ya made mah sister an' her friends carry all that?!" Applejack said to Rarity as they arrived, worried 'bout her little sister. She was just carring her saddlebags with stuff she would need.

"Oh, applejack, they were so eager, after all, they hadn't tried getting a cutiemark in being bellhops" said Rarity

"Ah thank this here... was a bad idear" commented AB as she walked past "We dont still got... two more loads... each..."

Scootaloo had just collapsed completely now, being the weakest of the three

"Scootaloo!" exclaimed Rarity in concern "Get up quickly before you get dirt on that suitcase, it's a priceless work of art!" yep, concern alright, but not for the filly...

(whew, I'm back!)

Twilight gives Rarity a guilting glare, before simply using her magic magic magic to stuff all the luggage into proper compartments. She leans down and offers a smile to the fillies. "Thank you girls, we'll be back in a few days."

Pinkie is already in a seat on the train, bobbing up and down eagerly. She's likely already forgotten the gravity of the situation.

Applejack sighed: "Thank ya Twi." She said, then went with Applebloom. "Alright Applebloom. Ah won't b' here for a while, so take good care o' yourself, alright?" She said smiling, then turned around and turned to AB's friends. "Ya to take care." She said, then went with her friends into the train. "See ya in a few days!" She said to the CMC before going in and take her seat.

Fluttershy is also inside the train already, sitting near Pinkie.

"Thank you, miss twilight" said AB

"Thanks you miss twilight" agreed SB

"Th-thanks twilight" panted Scootaloo, who was having to brace aainst the much stronger AB since she was so exausted from carrying the bags. AB had her unnatural earthpony strength, SB had her magic to help her, but poor scootaloo, being a pegasus, was simply not made for carrying huge loads and it had taken a toll on her... barely waving a wing in a 'bye' motion, though she was still smiling. Perhaps she hadn't minded it as much because she saw it as some very minor way that she was helping them to save her idol, or perhaps she jsut was glad the 'chore' was over...

"they asked to do it!" defended rarity as she entered the train

It was meer moments before the train started off, soon leaving ponyville behind, heading towards the pony city of sin!

AJ started thinking. "Nope." She said after a moment, looking at Twi.

Fluttershy shook her head. "Uhmm... no." She said shyly as always.

"So, what's the plan?" AJ asked after Fluttershy said that.

Rarity was sitting a short distance away, on a seperate bench, but close enough to remain a part of the planning without getting *too* close to any of them, after all they'd all been running around and wee sweating - did none of them think to take a bath before the got ont he train?! How horrifying!

Spike was sitting on twilight's back, sometimes holding onto her neck as he leaned over "yeah, we have a very good and intensive plan, and that plan is..." he said, looking at twiligh to finish what he started, a smirk on his face, always the troll...

Archived