Never Ending Nightmare(RP members only)

CandyStar

• 2 weeks later...

Looking through the shelves, she can find nothing worth keeping. But something catches her attention, in the back there seems to be a book, but the dust seems to be covering it, making it impossible to make out what it is. "Over here" suggests Aurora. Taking in a deep breath, she blows off the dust, it spreads and make she cough as she tries to wave it away. Now with the dust gone, she can see it better. A blue book with the symbol of the elements, but what'd it doing here of all places? Opening it, the words are not familiar, just a bunch of gibberish to her. Looking to Zed, she asks a favor, "Zed? Would you know anything about ancient languages by any chance?" The only things Aurora knew were of sword fighting and magic, not about ancient history. Each would have specific skillsets, but of theirs she had no idea.

(ancient languages?) lucky thought

"i do but it would depend on witch language" lucky said moving closer to the book

now this would seam surprising to most considering lucky seamed more like the ever so famous rainbow dash then the book worm twilight sparkle

Starwind followed Aurora looking around for anything dangerous, when they enter the bookstore starwind made a small gasp at the damage to the shops and the books all the books she could see was really to badly damage from what looks like age. Aurora says over here draw her attention to her when she blow off the dust it also went onto Starwind cause her to cough and wave it away also starwind saw the book writing and couldn't make heads or tails of it

Zed rubbed his shoulders a bit as they began aching. With his medicine nowhere to be found, it would make this little endeavor all the more difficult. Nevertheless, he nodded and approached, looking carefully at the seemingly ancient writings. He has seen millions of languages, and this one seemed quite familiar to him for the most part. "Just a moment..." He said, polishing his reading glasses on his shirt, before pushing back up the bridge of his nose and studying the phrase carefully. "'With... with the water... seas...'" He paused for a moment. "No, oceans." He corrected. "'With the water, oceans will rise and... drown out the screams...'" He stopped for a moment, biting his lip nervously. "What do you suppose that means?"

Hearing what Zed had said, it made some sense. But the town with buildings that seemed to be in ruins? Ponies lying on the ground? Nightmares? How would this be related? Taking the book, Aurora looks around for anything that could be used to carry it. On the shelf there seems to be something sticking out, a Saddle bag, two sides which the book fit into perfectly.  Upon further examination of the  book, the writing in it, seemed cut off, as if it were a missing part of a page. But that was her theory, no longer having any purpose to stay, she exits the candy shop and outside into the town. Finding this book, it seemed almost too easy, as if somepony wanted them to find it.

Glancing back to the others, there's only one thing to do, see if they could find the other books like this one. Turning her head back, she moves forward through the haze, illuminating the path ahead. It isn't a few steps before she heard it, a voice that spoke to her, "Can you really trust those around you? They could all turn on you without a second thought." This voice seemed dark, yet had that sadistic tone to it. But it did have a point, could she trust them completely? Or was this an attempt to separate them? Aurora can only ponder at those words. Shaking her head of those thoughts, she tries to make sense of it all.

Lucky frowned when he was ignored and zed barely was able to read the text an he wasn't even able to see it

(Figures...like always I'm ignored) he thought remembering all the years in school he raised his hand and no pony saw it

"This is stupid" he mumbled to himself before thinking (I just wanna wake up from this bad dream and cuddle with Colgate..........wait)

He then stood up and started to inch his way to the door

Starwind watch was going on she didn't know what they was taking about but soon after Aurora left starwind was about to follow when she notice something wrong with Lucky she looked towards him "something wrong Lucky?" she asked him

Zed bit his lip nervously as he watched Aurora put the book in a saddle bag that she found lying amongst the mess in the candy shop. He followed her out through the exit, back into the ominous hazy fog of the desolate town. There was another sharp pain searing through his shoulders, and he let out a gasp, tensing up a bit. He waited for a moment for the pain to subside, before noticing Aurora shaking her head. He took a few lengthy strides to catch up to her, leaving the other two behind them. "Hey, you all right?" He asked.

Hearing Zed's voice, Aurora looked back toward him. "Huh? Oh yes, its nothing. Sorry about that." with a forced smile, she walked forward into the fog. She hated to lie to them, but telling the truth now would only stall their progress. Pressing forward, she could tell something was wrong, this voice, who's was it? Pushing it aside as her imagination, she needed to help lead the way. The light orb seemed to flicker a bit, it seemed something was interfering with her spell. Seeing as her light spell wasn't enough, she looked back to Starwind. "Excuse me, but it seems i'll need some help up here, Starwind. Would you come here?" In order to get a wider area of visibility, Aurora needed Starwind's help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Zed watched curiously as Aurora strode forward in front of him, insisting that everything was fine. He bit his lip a little and continued following her, crossing his arms over his chest. He walked in silence as Aurora called Starwind to her, asking for her assistance. Zed sighed and stepped forward, gently rubbing his index finger and thumb together. "Wait... Give me a moment." He said, before closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. After a few seconds, he waved his right hand, and a large portion of the fog parted off to the side. He could have cleared out another portion, but the sudden aching in his shoulders forced him to stop. "S-sorry... that's all I can do for now." He said, gently rubbing his shoulders. He had no medication with him, so the pain would be bothering him for quite a bit.

Aurora stood still, and thought of a way to clear some of this haze so they could see. "I know! Maybe we can use that?" thought Aurora. Looing back to Starwind, she told the her plan, "You wouldn't happen to have any spells that you could use to help clear the haze a little, do you?" Aurora stopped for a moment, and continued her explanation, "I have one spell that might work, but I will need you to focus, got it?" There was no guarantee that it will work, but this was no time to be apprehensive. "The spell I have will clear about fifty feet of it, but you can help me extend it more. But I won't make you do it, if not, I can ask either Zed or Lucky to help in their own ways." Aurora didn't like forcing decisions on others, they were free to choose to do it or not.

• 2 months later...

Aurora sees the path is somewhat cleared, but still a long ways to go from here. Now that they had their first clue, it's time to move forward again, thanks to Zed, some of the haze had cleared up. Aurora thought back to what she had said to Starwind, "Sorry, i guess i was a bit late on the request, my apologies, Starwind." now it's time to address Lucky's question, "As for you, Lucky, I think Zed beat you there already, sorry." she seems to giggle a bit at Lucky's expense. The oceans...so that means, we have to look somewhere near the lake in Ponyville then." The riddle made some sense after all, but what would they find there?

Moving on, Aurora needs to figure out a plan for how to approach the next problem. If they encounter a monster or creature here, it may become a difficult task in ridding the town of it.

Archived